PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Lol at LeBron leaving Miami

Ace
02-01-2013, 03:58 PM
LeBron James talked about the future of teams that have three max or near-max contract players in light of the Memphis Grizzlies' trade of Rudy Gay.

James also discussed how he is vastly underpaid compared to what he would receive on a true open market.

"What I do on the floor shows my value. At the end of the day, I don't think my value on the floor can really be compensated for anyways because of the (collective bargaining agreement)," James said. "If this was baseball, it’d be up, I mean way up there."

James is the NBA's 13th highest paid player at $17.5 million annually.

"I have not had a full max deal yet in my career -- that's a story untold," James said.

"I don't get (the credit) for it. That doesn't matter to me, playing the game is what matters to me. Financially, I'll sacrifice for the team. It shows for some of the top guys, it isn't all about money. That's the genuine side of this, it's about winning. I understand that."

James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade took less than max money contracts in order to play on the same team.

"To keep teams like this together you may have to take even less. I guess we’ll find out"

Forbes recently estimated James earns $40 million per year in endorsements and sponsorships, thanks to deals with Nike, Coca-Cola, McDonald's, State Farm and Samsung.

Brazil
02-01-2013, 04:06 PM
:cry I did it for the kids :cry

SpursIndonesia
02-01-2013, 04:06 PM
But that's just the cold hard truth, guys like James & Durant will never really get the market value out of their talent, but i guess that's the price the players union has to pay so guys like Aron Baynes doesn't have to live with D-Leaguer like salary level.

LkrFan
02-01-2013, 04:14 PM
He's right, it not just about the money. It must be so hard to live off of $17.5M a year on South Beach + all the endorsements, ESPN fellatio, and ref amnesty. It's more about collusion. He couldn't win without superstar help.

midnightpulp
02-01-2013, 04:19 PM
He's right, it not just about the money. It must be so hard to live off of $17.5M a year on South Beach + all the endorsements, ESPN fellatio, and ref amnesty. It's more about collusion. He couldn't win without superstar help.

Like Kobe?

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 04:20 PM
But that's just the cold hard truth, guys like James & Durant will never really get the market value out of their talent, but i guess that's the price the players union has to pay so guys like Aron Baynes doesn't have to live with D-Leaguer like salary level.

that nigga don't deserve a max contract he's not putting in Max work...he teamed up with two - 1st Ballot HOF'ers that's not MAX contract worthy....

JoeTait75
02-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Ace, if there's one thing you don't want to do, it's take what LeBron says at face value on subjects like these.

It's like with women: it's about what they do, not what they say.

LkrFan
02-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Like Kobe?
Sure...and just like Shaq. Without Kobe, he only won one time. And it took Wade shooting more FTAs in NBA playoff HISTORY for a guard to beat Dallas.

Two can play that game son.

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 04:36 PM
The real reason he want's back in Clevland...his douche bag is still the biggest...

With the NBA's new collective bargaining agreement making it difficult for team to have three max contract players, the 2014 decision awaiting LeBron James has become more interesting.

Over the past few months, the Oklahoma City Thunder and Memphis Grizzlies have traded away James Harden and Rudy Gay, respectively, as they avoid the luxury tax.

James' agent, Rich Paul, has been privately telling people for two years that he is interested in bringing his client back to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Paul's agency, Klutch Sports, is based in Cleveland.

"Riley has never given them the run of the place in Miami," one high-level associate of James' inner-circle said, "and they could all be back in business together in Cleveland. For Rich and [business manager] Maverick [Carter], they all see the benefits of getting the credit for bringing LeBron home again."

Dwyane Wade is entering his thirties, while Kyrie Irving may be the NBA's best point guard in his prime in 2014.

James has been contemplating a return to Cleveland throughout his tenure with the Heat, even second-guessing himself the night of decision. When owner Dan Gilbert released his infamous letter, James understood that there was no turning back, according to the report.
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--rudy-gay-trade-shows-lebron-james-the-future--super-team-era-ending--065716242.html)

SpursIndonesia
02-01-2013, 04:36 PM
that nigga don't deserve a max contract he's not putting in Max work...he teamed up with two - 1st Ballot HOF'ers that's not MAX contract worthy....

Well, atleast his case of being underpaid is much stronger than the guy next door who got paid handsomely 30 mil bucks + 3 foodstamps HOFers yet over .500 is still just a mirage, not to mention playoff and championship contention. :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Well, atleast his case of being underpaid is much stronger than the guy next door who got paid handsomely 30 mil bucks + 3 foodstamps HOFers yet over .500 is still just a mirage, not to mention playoff and championship contention. :lol

WTF is going on in the world? I'll be gotdam if I'm gonna let a fucking 3rd world goat hearder from Indonesia talk shit to a real player....Go bath in one of those shit infested rivers, eat you some fucking curry rat, and take a goat carriage ride...

Clipper Nation
02-01-2013, 04:45 PM
ESPN fellatio
So we're just going to pretend the million-part Kirby/Stephen A. circlejerk/interview didn't happen? :lol

and ref amnesty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWQHB0Iz49U

It's more about collusion. He couldn't win without superstar help.
http://i1.wp.com/i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1002/rare.photos.of.kobe.bryant/images/kobe-shaq3.jpg?fit=640%2C400

http://wagesofwins.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/kobe-malone-shaq-payton-174979_480_art_R0.jpeg

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0126/la_g_gasol_bryant_b1_400.jpg

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Lakers.jpg

midnightpulp
WTF is going on in the world? I'll be gotdam if I'm gonna let a fucking 3rd world goat hearder from Indonesia talk shit to a real player....Go bath in one of those shit infested rivers, eat you some fucking curry rat, and take a goat carriage ride...

Stop with the racism, Kool. It's unbecoming.

LkrFan
The prospect of playing with Kyrie Irving in Cleveland in 2014 has to be in the back of his mind tbh. Uncle Drew should be the best PG in the game by then. Love his game and I'm sure LBJ does too.

LkrFan
02-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Nice :downspin: Clipper Nation. Well played sir. :toast

Clipper Nation
02-01-2013, 04:49 PM
The prospect of playing with Kyrie Irving in Cleveland in 2014 has to be in the back of his mind tbh. Uncle Drew should be the best PG in the game by then. Love his game and I'm sure LBJ does too.
Tbh, I'm thinking the Kang would rather play with his best friend CP3...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/014/018/LosAngelesClippers_display_image.jpg?1308018458

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Stop with the racism, Kool. It's unbecoming.

I can deal with all kinds of shit...but not an Indonesian trying to talk shit to me...I mean things are real bad when we got people who are historically pussies trying to talk shit to a balla...I can't deal wit

LkrFan
02-01-2013, 04:51 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/014/018/LosAngelesClippers_display_image.jpg?1308018458
:rollin

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 04:52 PM

Hey call me when you get a chance..I will pick up after the 5th ring ;-)

SpursIndonesia
02-01-2013, 04:53 PM

Uh oh, meltdown Westbrick style ? Take it easy bruh. :lol

Clipper Nation
02-01-2013, 04:53 PM

Son, D'Ant:lolni better start thinking about how the Lak:lolrs are gonna guard LeBron AND prime Griffin in 2014, tbh.... :downspin:

Riddler
02-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Sure...and just like Shaq. Without Kobe, he only won one time. And it took Wade shooting more FTAs in NBA playoff HISTORY for a guard to beat Dallas.

Two can play that game son.

Well Shaq DID go to the finals first BEFORE his prime, and lost because Hakeem was unstoppable and Anderson choked. So he didn't NEED Kobe to win. Where was Kobe in his prime? Oh yeah, missing the playoffs and first round exits while raping in Colorado.

DMC
02-01-2013, 05:48 PM

I realize you're a troll but even you cannot be this desperate for attention. Your boy is teamed up with 3 1st ballot HOFers and he's one himself and still cannot beat the Suns.

DMC
02-01-2013, 05:50 PM
As for the title, if it wasn't just about the money, he would have come to SA. Imagine SA getting Bosh and James then Ray Allen and Shane Battier. No one would stop us.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Ginobili and Duncan both took less to keep the core three together. Durant took less to stay with OKC. Yet, none of these stars talk about contracts. Do you want a friggin cookie Lebron? You had a choice and you chose Miami for less and now you wants credit for that? Blow it out your friggin ass you selfish, self-rightious low-life. In the next installment of 'as Lebron's world turns', he'll probably mention how difficult it is to feed his family on his paltry 17.5 million dollar salary not including endorsements.

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Uh oh, meltdown Westbrick style ? Take it easy bruh. :lol

You right...I shouldn't have melted down...it's the real nigga in me...sometimes we can't control that shit

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 06:30 PM
don't get caught up in a nigga moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25u09FkX6zQ

DMC
02-01-2013, 06:32 PM
You right...I shouldn't have melted down...it's the real nigga in me...sometimes we can't control that shit

If there was ever any real nigga in you, it slid out of you just prior to a thunderous pissing noise, no flush and a slap on your ass before the sound of a closing door.

rayjayjohnson
02-01-2013, 06:33 PM
I can deal with all kinds of shit...but not an Indonesian trying to talk shit to me...I mean things are real bad when we got people who are historically pussies trying to talk shit to a balla...I can't deal wit
:lol kool thinks he's a baller

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 06:35 PM
I realize you're a troll but even you cannot be this desperate for attention. Your boy is teamed up with 3 1st ballot HOFers and he's one himself and still cannot beat the Suns.

what does DMC stand for? Dumb Muthafucker Crackhead?

Listen Nash is 1st Ballot but he's 40 you make it sound like he's prime Nash or some shit...Gasol won't make the hall and if he does it will be because he won a 3rd title with Kobe and it won't be on the first ballot. The jury is still out on dwight...if he's damaged goods he won't make it not unless he wins one this year with Kobe....bottom line is all of your bullshit analysis is flawed and not very well thought out..you been hanging out with DPG too much Da Phaggot Guru

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 06:36 PM
If there was ever any real nigga in you, it slid out of you just prior to a thunderous pissing noise, no flush and a slap on your ass before the sound of a closing door.

is that supposed to be funny

TIMMYtoZO
02-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Ginobili and Duncan both took less to keep the core three together. Durant took less to stay with OKC. Yet, none of these stars talk about contracts. Do you want a friggin cookie Lebron? You had a choice and you chose Miami for less and now you wants credit for that? Blow it out your friggin ass you selfish, self-rightious low-life. In the next installment of 'as Lebron's world turns', he'll probably mention how difficult it is to feed his family on his paltry 17.5 million dollar salary not including endorsements.

:lol Let that anger and hate that is consuming your heart out in the open.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2013, 06:44 PM
:lol Let that anger and hate that is consuming your heart out in the open.

Your absolutely right, I shouldn't let the child in Lebron get to me. He's still not geting a cookie from me though.

TIMMYtoZO
02-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Ace, if there's one thing you don't want to do, it's take what LeBron says at face value on subjects like these.

It's like with women: it's about what they do, not what they say.

Lebron is happy with a team that actually gave him legit help. The best the Cavs gave him was a washed up turd in Antoine Jamison. Lebron has been playing in June ever since he moved to South Beach. He is in a big market and has Pat Riley taking care of him. Lebron did something in Miami that he was never going to do in Cleveland...win championships and further build his legacy.

DMC
02-01-2013, 06:48 PM

Look at the bright side; you can bring back ES now and most here will welcome you back with open arms, and you can root for a decent team.

rayjayjohnson
02-01-2013, 06:48 PM
I think it's funny, pinkaids

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 06:49 PM
I think it's funny, pinkaids

no shit sherlock

SpursIndonesia
02-01-2013, 06:55 PM

Yeah you shouldn't, i am not even a big Kobe hater, just call a spade a spade thang on this matter. You troll me, i troll you back, ain't nothin serious. :D

BTW, we're not really a goat herder country down here, you got us mistaken with the likes of Ireland or New Zealand bruh, check your elementary school geography book again (if you ever graduated it then). Call us paddy farmer, rickshaw peddler, migrant worker exporter, etc, but certainly NOT goat herder, lol. :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Look at the bright side; you can bring back ES now and most here will welcome you back with open mouths, and you can root for a decent team.

fify

SpursIndonesia
02-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Look at the bright side; you can bring back ES now and most here will welcome you back with open arms, and you can root for a decent team.

Yeah, that Extra Stout guy is a pretty good poster. :tu

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Yeah you shouldn't, i am not even a big Kobe hater, just call a spade a spade thang on this matter. You troll me, i troll you back, ain't nothin serious. :D

BTW, we're not really a goat herder country down here, you got us mistaken with the likes of Ireland or New Zealand bruh, check your elementary school geography book again (if you ever graduated it then). Call us paddy farmer, rickshaw peddler, migrant worker exporter, etc, but certainly NOT goat herder, lol. :lol

You in a internet Cafe right now? Listen I would like to go back and forth with you but you have to answer one question for Koolaid_Man..it's in the hook of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvGKfsH-EZo

Hoops Czar
02-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Lebron is happy with a team that actually gave him legit help. The best the Cavs gave him was a washed up turd in Antoine Jamison. Lebron has been playing in June ever since he moved to South Beach. He is in a big market and has Pat Riley taking care of him. Lebron did something in Miami that he was never going to do in Cleveland...win championships and further build his legacy.

Um, I think you have it backwards, Lebron is the help. He went to Miami to join forces with Wade for Wade's team, Wade didn't come to him. The media can spin it around all they like, but it will always be Wade's team.

Clipper Nation
02-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Um, I think you have it backwards, Lebron is the help. He went to Miami to join forces with Wade for Wade's team, Wade didn't come to him. The media can spin it around all they like, but it will always be Wade's team.
'Sup Skip... shouldn't you be preparing your shitty takes for First Take next week?

Hoops Czar
02-01-2013, 07:15 PM
'Sup Skip... shouldn't you be preparing your shitty takes for First Take next week?
Is it Horse or cuppycake gumdrop? I keep forgetting whose troll this is. Anyways, the truth really bites doesn't it?

LkrFan
02-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Well Shaq DID go to the finals first BEFORE his prime, and lost because Hakeem was unstoppable and Anderson choked. So he didn't NEED Kobe to win. Where was Kobe in his prime? Oh yeah, missing the playoffs and first round exits while raping in Colorado.
Undeniable facts:

1) Shaq was SWEPT in the Finals without Kobe. That's losing, not winning.
2) Shaq won 3 rings with Kobe and 1* without him
3) After Kobe evicted Shaq, he went to 3 straight Finals WITHOUT Shaq - winning 2.
4) Before Kobe, Pau was an 0-12 afterthought by ALL Spur fans
5) For shits and giggles, Kobe: 5, Shaq/TD: 4

:downspin: or riddle me that shit. :lol

2pac > Kobe
02-01-2013, 07:28 PM
bookmarked.

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Undeniable facts:

3) After Kobe evicted Shaq, he went to 3 straight Finals WITHOUT Shaq - winning 2.
6.) Bronze Medals Duncan / Lebron: 1 > Kobe: 0
7.) Lebron couldn't win gold without Kobe

^ for additional shits and giggles I added lines 6 & 7

LkrFan
02-01-2013, 07:49 PM
^ for additional shits and giggles I added lines 6 & 7

JoeTait75
02-01-2013, 08:13 PM

I'm not going to get into predictions with LeBron because I've been wrong about LeBron too often before, tbh. All I'm saying is right now he wants to be all things to all men. And what he says in February 2013 might not be the same as what he does in July 2014.

As for the size of the market, it really doesn't matter with LeBron, because LeBron IS the market. He's a walking big market. I will freely admit that Cleveland is the Siberia of the NBA, yet LeBron was still the most hyped player in the world when he was here. He didn't leave because Cleveland is a small market, he left because he didn't think he could win a title here. IMO.

TIMMYtoZO
02-01-2013, 08:25 PM

:lol While Wade has been in Miami longer, Lebron led Miami to the title last year. It was Lebron who was and still is the Alpha Dog. Wade had a gimpy knee, and Bosh was out half of the postseason and Lebron stepped his game up even more. Sidekicks don't do that. Miami doesn't ring last season if Lebron plays the sidekick role.

ffadicted
02-01-2013, 10:32 PM
What a fucking clown lol s he actually expecting anyone to think he's doing something great? His endorsements and etc make him so much more than what he's "giving up"

Also lmao @ anyone who earns 8 figures talking about "giving up money" as if it means something

Venti Quattro
02-01-2013, 11:05 PM
He can say this shit because Florida has no income taxes. And I believe he will stay in Miami. Why would he make a return to shitty Cleveland when he's living the life in Miami, of all places?

:cry LeBron will be like the Prodigal Son of Cleveland :cry

Riddler
02-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Undeniable facts:

After Kobe evicted Shaq, he missed the playoffs completely and was a walking first round exit with no ability to make his team better, along came Paulie his coattriding continued,

JoeTait75
02-02-2013, 12:29 PM
He can say this shit because Florida has no income taxes. And I believe he will stay in Miami. Why would he make a return to shitty Cleveland when he's living the life in Miami, of all places?

:cry LeBron will be like the Prodigal Son of Cleveland :cry

tbh I would agree with you in the case of a lot of players. But if LeBron thought this area was such a shithole he wouldn't still have a house here, wouldn't spend as much time here in the offseason as he does and wouldn't have the 330 area code tattooed on his body. He constantly pounds his chest about being from Akron and believe me, Akron is every bit the shithole you think Cleveland is.

Again, imho it wasn't an issue of leaving shitty Cleveland for glamourous Miami. He wanted to go to a place where he could win championships and he didn't think he could do that here. And he was probably right. Did the South Beach lifestyle appeal to him? I'm sure it did. But imo that was more a fringe benefit than his prime motivation.

As for the :cryLeBron redeeming himself in Cleveland:cry part, that stuff isn't coming out of Cleveland. It isn't like Adrian Wojnarowski is some deluded Cavaliers fan. FWIW, as long as LeBron is playing there will always be talk about him coming back.

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Lebron enjoys spending time with friends and family back home. Don't mistake that for also wanting to come back for the same owner that humiliated him publicly.

whitemamba
02-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Undeniable facts:

the goods

JoeTait75
02-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Lebron enjoys spending time with friends and family back home. Don't mistake that for also wanting to come back for the same owner that humiliated him publicly.

I didn't say he wanted to come back. The stuff about him considering returning is coming from somewhere, though.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-02-2013, 12:52 PM

Gilbert didn't humiliate Lebron, he humiliated himself. He promised to release all this damning information about Lebron's decision process and never did. That being said Gilbert is the factor eliminating any possibility Lebron returns to Cleveland, imo.

Ace
02-02-2013, 12:59 PM
He's counting the days until he gets to move back to this great city...

http://media.cleveland.com/architecture/photo/trianglejpg-1751abe7c948e0e7_large.jpg

From this...
http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/two-moons-over-miami-beach-samdobrow-photography.jpg

Ace
02-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Does anyone really believe Pat fucking Riley, who can offer a big market and the most money, will let LeBron walk? LeBron will be first of the big 3 Riley locks up.

TIMMYtoZO
02-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Does anyone really believe Pat fucking Riley, who can offer a big market and the most money, will let LeBron walk? LeBron will be first of the big 3 Riley locks up.

:lol This is why I am not worried. Riley is running things and is a powerful man. He isn't letting Lebron go anywhere.

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 01:41 PM
The stuff about him considering returning is coming from somewhere, though.
Oh yeah, I agree.

Gilbert didn't humiliate Lebron, he humiliated himself. He promised to release all this damning information about Lebron's decision process and never did. That being said Gilbert is the factor eliminating any possibility Lebron returns to Cleveland, imo.

Thats one way to look at it. Dan could at least handle himself with class, that I agree. Just shows you, education and money can't buy you class.

Riddler
02-02-2013, 01:55 PM
While LeBron probably won't leave, I don't see how some can be so confident, playing for Miami was and is all about business.

Killakobe81
02-02-2013, 03:09 PM

Lebron's decision wasnt wrong but yes, he could of won titles in Cleveland ...it was only a matter of time before he rang. It was easier in MIA and came quicker ...but dude was goona win one eventually.

TIMMYtoZO
02-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Lebron's decision wasnt wrong but yes, he could of won titles in Cleveland ...it was only a matter of time before he rang. It was easier in MIA and came quicker ...but dude was goona win one eventually.

Not in Cleveland. They were never going to land the sidekick help he needed to ring. They had average to shitty players on that team so trades were ruled out. Unless they found a Ginobili/Parker in the draft, they were always going to draft players who were never going to do anything special. Even with capspace, no big name would have gone to Cleveland. Most big name players go to big markets. That is how the NBA works. Lebron would still be ringless in Cleveland.

Venti Quattro
02-02-2013, 09:07 PM
:lol media talk of Lebron returning back to Cleveland

Stop being delusional idiots.