-terrible coach
-bledso is awful as a pg
-no system

LkrFan
02-01-2013, 08:58 PM
When does CP3 return?

timvp
02-01-2013, 09:04 PM
CP3 is that team's coach/general manager/best player/leader/best scorer/best passer/best defender/engine/heart and pretty much everything else ... so judging the Clippers without him is pointless, IMO. When you have a team built around a point guard, they are going to struggle when that point guard is absent. That's just the way it is.

lefty
02-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Del Negro: " come on guys, we have to monkeyball harder!"

Clipper Nation
02-01-2013, 09:16 PM
:lol Judging us based on one game without CP3, Chauncey, or Matt Barnes
:lol Spurs REALLY not a contender

SpursIndonesia
02-01-2013, 09:18 PM
CP3 is that team's coach/general manager/best player/leader/best scorer/best passer/best defender/engine/heart and pretty much everything else ... so judging the Clippers without him is pointless, IMO. When you have a team built around a point guard, they are going to struggle when that point guard is absent. That's just the way it is.

/thread

Brunodf
02-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Good effort. 6/10

KaiRMD1
02-01-2013, 09:44 PM
:lol Spurs ARE STILL a contender

You're welcome

apalisoc_9
02-01-2013, 09:49 PM

The point is, if you have two of your best players playing there is not excuse for you to get blown out like that and more importantly getting exposed. I highly doubt that a team that heavily relies on a single player like the clippers would ever win a championship.

I don't think there has been any championship teams in the past that would play so bad like the clippers did or have been doing ever since chris paul injury. You still need to somhow play ok basketball without your best player and that's what championships team do.

Clipper Nation
02-01-2013, 10:00 PM
I highly doubt that a team that heavily relies on a single player like the clippers would ever win a championship.

The 1993-94 Rockets won it all with Hakeem and role players, tbh.... Hakeem easily led them in win shares and WS/48...

I don't think there has been any championship teams in the past that would play so bad like the clippers did or have been doing ever since chris paul injury. You still need to somhow play ok basketball without your best player and that's what championships team do.
I'm pretty sure the Clippers are 5-5 so far with CP3 and Chauncey both out.... in contrast, I seem to recall the 2010-11 Mavs going something like 2-7 with Dirk out...

lefty
02-01-2013, 10:25 PM
The 1993-94 Rockets won it all with Hakeem and role players, tbh.... Hakeem easily led them in win shares and WS/48...

lol putting Hakeem and Carlton Banks in the same category

Clipper Nation
02-01-2013, 10:44 PM
lol putting Hakeem and Carlton Banks in the same category

Not comparing the two as players, just pointing out that it is indeed possible to ride one superstar to a title as long as the role players are damn good, tbh...

apalisoc_9
02-01-2013, 10:46 PM

I'm pretty sure the Clippers are 5-5 so far with CP3 and Chauncey both out.... in contrast, I seem to recall the 2010-11 Mavs going something like 2-7 with Dirk out...

The game has changed so much in the last 15 years or so that i don't think you could compare the two.

Yeah, i think they went 2-5, but their losses were terrible losses that didn't necessarily exposed them as a team. You look back at that mavs team and consider their personel, the way the play etc..they we're still pretty darn good. They knew how to run the offense...

I'm just saying, the dream the was a heck of a player but i think paul acutally has more responsibility not to mention that he has to be somehwat of coach to this team, because delnegro can't run a play.

Latarian Milton
02-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Not comparing the two as players, just pointing out that it is indeed possible to ride one superstar to a title as long as the role players are damn good, tbh...
and you get another example in them 2011 mavs imho

whitemamba
02-02-2013, 02:36 AM
cpFlop is that team , i dont judge them unless hes on the floor imho

thunderup
02-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Even with CP3 I just don't see this team defeating either the Spurs or us in a seven game series. That's just how it is.

Jodelo
02-02-2013, 08:48 AM

Yeah, i think they went 2-5, but their losses were terrible losses that didn't necessarily exposed them as a team. You look back at that mavs team and consider their personel, the way the play etc..they we're still pretty darn good. They knew how to run the offense...

Mavs in 2011 without Dirk were really bad without him (2-7). They lost to the Raptors and got blown out against Bucks, Magic, Pacers, Spurs, Grizzlies and Pistons.

But won against the Blazers :loltlong

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2013, 09:37 AM
told u clowns this cp3 clown is missing game on purpose so they can lose game, and show how much the team needs him....nothing but mvp bullshit

Latarian Milton
02-03-2013, 02:02 AM
when they're fully heathy they're arguably the best team in the west, but the 2nd round would be their ceiling w/o paul tbh.

LkrFan
02-03-2013, 07:42 AM
cpFlop is that team , i dont judge them unless hes on the floor imho
:lol

Pelicans78
02-03-2013, 08:49 AM

CP3 can't take over games like Hakeem or Dirk. Won't ever happen, especially against long quality defenders.

Venti Quattro
02-03-2013, 08:52 AM
:lol Jannero Pargo

Pelicans78
02-03-2013, 08:54 AM
:lol Jannero Pargo

Yup. That game 7 was a winnable game and CP3 played scared throughout.

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Even with CP3 I just don't see this team defeating either the Spurs or us in a seven game series. That's just how it is.

They'll beat both easily. Especially the Spurs this time around. Denver will give the Clippers trouble though. Denver is a much more balanced, disciplined/well coached team. They are just an Andre Iguodala break out season from being considered as a Top 3 team in the West.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-03-2013, 09:49 AM
When you have a team built around a point guard, they are going to struggle when that point guard is absent. That's just the way it is.

They are going to struggle in the playoffs regardless, tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-03-2013, 09:50 AM

What if that superstar defers to Jann:lolro Pargo in the biggest game of his career :lol

Richie
02-03-2013, 10:14 AM
CP3 can't take over games like Hakeem or Dirk. Won't ever happen, especially against long quality defenders.

You can say that about pretty much any point guard tbh. Elite big men will always be able to control a game better than a point guard because of their size on both ends.

Clipper Nation
02-03-2013, 10:17 AM
What if that superstar defers to Jann:lolro Pargo in the biggest game of his career :lol
Ain't no Parg:lols on this team, tbh... :downspin:

If he defers to a healthy Chauncey in the clutch from time to time in the playoffs, NBA = still f:lolcked

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Ain't no Parg:lols on this team, tbh... :downspin:

If he defers to a healthy Chauncey in the clutch from time to time in the playoffs, NBA = still f:lolcked

Chauncey's clutchness is one of the most overrated things in the NBA. He's an inefficient chucker who's idea of clutch is pulling up from 30 feet with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

My guess is he'll defer to Crawford in the clutch who'll do better than Pargo but not good enough.

Riddler
02-03-2013, 10:40 AM

Who will have to beat the Thunder when they'll just implode :lol

whitemamba
02-03-2013, 04:21 PM
is big shot still in the NBA?

Clipper Nation
02-03-2013, 04:23 PM
is big shot still in the NBA?
He says he's coming back sometime next week, tbh...

whitemamba
02-03-2013, 04:27 PM
He says he's coming back sometime next week, tbh...

might be hard for him to just start ballin like the old billups IMHO

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Billsup is old and washed up. He's there to mentor younger guys. No one should expect something out of him.

irishock
02-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Billups will be useful down the stretch in the playoffs. Just watch Crawford choke

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Billups will be useful down the stretch in the playoffs. Just watch Crawford choke

You're a dumbass. You obviously havent seen Billups play since 2004. :lol

irishock
02-03-2013, 04:57 PM
You're a dumbass. You obviously havent seen Billups play since 2004. :lol

I've watched Billups play after 2004 actually. It's you who haven't, after he tore up your favorite team in the Finals :lol

Reck
02-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Billsup is old and washed up. He's there to mentor younger guys. No one should expect something out of him.

Pretty much this.

Billups is limited in what he can do on the court nowadays. He's like a Ray Allen now. Only pass him the ball when he's spot up for a shot. I doubt he can create shots for himself at this point.

Clipper Nation
02-03-2013, 05:02 PM
I've watched Billups play after 2004 actually. It's you who haven't, after he tore up your favorite team in the Finals :lol

:lol Even irishock going HAM on the closet Lakerfan

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Says the guy who claims he's been a Clippers fan since the Loy Vaught days GTFO :lol

Grit and Grind
02-03-2013, 07:25 PM
You guys won't win because your coach is straight dumb his coaching decisions vs Boston today were terrible . Anyways Memphis is creeping for that 3rd seed

SpursIndonesia
02-03-2013, 09:03 PM
told u clowns this cp3 clown is missing game on purpose so they can lose game, and show how much the team needs him....nothing but mvp bullshit

This wanker's going HAM on everybody, no one's spared. :lol