PDA

View Full Version : How about Granger for Capt. Jack and Matt Bonner...

FRE3
02-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Granger is a proven commodity in the post season. The benefits for Indiana is that they get a floor spacing big and Jackson can replace Granger production. Next season they will also get a cap space to sign a max free agent...

BatManu20
02-02-2013, 12:33 AM
http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=101064&d=1355235011

exstatic
02-02-2013, 12:38 AM
I don't think Indy is looking for any more parking lot shootings in their future.

chapnis
02-02-2013, 12:40 AM
0/10.

dunkman
02-02-2013, 12:47 AM
(Y) tbh, bring West too . . .

Brunodf
02-02-2013, 12:49 AM
:troll

spurraider21
02-02-2013, 01:18 AM
A) I think they could get more
B) jax replacing granger's production :lol
C) while it looks like they'd want to dump granger's contract with Paul George's emergence, who would they sign to a max deal? Just signed Hibbert and Hill long term, and I doubt west is going anywhere. Who would they get better than granger in free agency?

FRE3
02-02-2013, 01:52 AM
Hibbert contract is just 13M and Georgie is 8M. Imagine if Granger and West comes of the books next year??? I don't know who they will get... But if you can offer max money and if you have a competitive team. who would not want to sign with your team?

timaios
02-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Granger is a proven commodity in the post season. The benefits for Indiana is that they get a floor spacing big and Jackson can replace Granger production. Next season they will also get a cap space to sign a max free agent...

Great 1st post... :rolleyes

Russo21
02-02-2013, 03:41 AM
Jackson going back to his roots and rejoin his old 'malace at the palace' team. Be fun lol. Indiana are just 5 games back for the no.1 seed in the east without Danny Granger playing at all this year. Damn the Pacers have it going on. They wouldn't bite on that trade.

Hibbert
West
Granger when he comes back
George
Hill

That's a kickass team. If i were the Pacers i'd stick with what they have. Or they can do better in a trade then Boner and Jackson for Granger. They're on a good thing.

chazley
02-02-2013, 04:26 AM
Granger isn't even a good fit on this team.

FRE3
02-02-2013, 04:43 AM
I know... but building a team nowadays is very hard especially with a much more heavier luxury tax (especially if you are a repeat tax offender/ although Indiana is not a tax payer this year) building a contending team while being under the cap is much better especially if you are thinking of contending for many years to come. They are a winning without Granger which makes him a luxury for them (a very expensive luxury if i may say). I think they have a solid core with Hill, George and Hibbert and if they can find younger and cheaper alternative for West and Granger. They can fill their team with talents that can make them 10 deep. If they can sign Redick and Al Jefferson this summer, just imagine their lineup for next year. Hill/Redick/George/Jefferson/Hibbert + Quality Bench. They will be contending much better than the Heat. The Heat will have a hard time filling up their roster because Lebron/Wade/Bosh will already consume 60M of their teams payroll. Hibbert will shoulder their defense while Jefferson their post offense and put it George as their perimeter option and he can kick out to Redick and Hill. They are already are a good team this year with the current lineup but i believe they can be even better. I say they ride it now without Granger but keep West and see where they can go this season and at the same time plan for the future...

BobaFett1
02-02-2013, 07:41 AM
It would be sweet if Spurs got Granger but I doubt that Pacers pull dat trigger. Very impressed by Pacers.

FRE3
02-02-2013, 08:45 AM
How about Jackson+Neal+Blair+Cojo???

Em-City
02-02-2013, 08:59 AM
I love the part where Jackson replaces granger production

http://imageshack.us/a/img225/6357/dead2.gif

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2013, 09:21 AM
wtf do u want granger who was expose last season in the playoffs after calling out the heat players....this is stupid, we dont need weak mentality players on this team...

all u are doing is getting rid of jax + mental midgets for another weak ass

sananspursfan21
02-02-2013, 11:11 AM
while this is likely a troll post, here's a quick lesson in trades, or any business transaction in life for that matter: think to yourself; why would the other party want to do such trade/transaction. if you cannot think of a good reason, it's probably not going to happen. give me three good reasons the pacers would want to trade away one of their solid players for sjax who's really struggling and matt bonner who, well, you get the idea. how does that trade benefit the pacers at all? i mean cap space, sure but this is a team that's probably not looking for that.

anyways, just a little lesson. some of you guys think the world revolves around the spurs and any team would jump at the chance to get a bonner, neal and sjax package. if and i mean IF we could find a taker, we would have to be shopping at a fire sale.

LarryDavid
02-02-2013, 03:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a4x2rn9

Hollinger's analysis shows we have not effected our win percentage, so I'm against this trade...

Juggity
02-02-2013, 03:59 PM
In an emotional vacuum, this trade might make sense from the Pacers' perspective, given they need more offensive production. But there are a lot of reasons that Stephen Jackson can never go back to Indiana.