PDA

View Full Version : House of Cards

Wild Cobra
02-02-2013, 07:43 AM
http://i.minus.com/iboIUfgMRebX7o.jpg (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208903&p=6334933#post6334933)

There is a link attached to the pic, which is a club link.

Great show on NetFlix, for anyone interested. Just thought a note should be left here in the political forum. I'm on episode 7 now.

NetFlix link: House of Cards (http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/House_of_Cards/70178217?trkid=496624)

Now I will be the first to admit that NetFlix has gone downhill since I fist signed up, but it is still well worth the $7.99/month. I was surprised that I was still able to see decent video at my Hotel room last year at T1 speeds. At home, I have 21 mbs, and it's a pretty good picture. I stream it through my BluRay player. Not as good as BluRay but better than DVD.

DarrinS
02-02-2013, 09:25 AM
I just wish the had a wider variety of streaming titles -- I don't want the hassle of the DVDs.

Wild Cobra
02-02-2013, 09:28 AM
I just wish the had a wider variety of streaming titles -- I don't want the hassle of the DVDs.
I agree with you. I don't have the DVD subscription either. When I first signed up for NetFlix, it was far better than now. I only haven't dropped them because I still find $7.99/month is worth what is available.

Oh, Gee!!
02-02-2013, 10:51 AM
They've expanded the hd selection on the instant movies so that is good. I watch them on my hd tv thru my ps3

spursncowboys
02-02-2013, 07:39 PM
I have two invites to iptorrentsdotcom . Send me your email and I'll send you an invite

DMC
02-02-2013, 09:45 PM
I do the trial Netflix, power-play for a month and cancel.

Winehole23
02-03-2013, 04:23 AM
baller . . .

Reck
02-03-2013, 04:57 AM
I agree with you. I don't have the DVD subscription either. When I first signed up for NetFlix, it was far better than now. I only haven't dropped them because I still find $7.99/month is worth what is available.

They have a pretty good list of tv shows which is what I watch the most. Dont put much stock on movies since I could just download those off the net. Netflix has saved me an untold amount of time when it comes to downloading whole shows off the net. Now most of the shows I'm interested in are in there so I dont havr to waste time hunting for certain seasons of a certain show.

I'm also thinking of joining Hulu+ as I hear they have even more of a selection of tv shows than Netflix.

spursncowboys
02-03-2013, 12:00 PM
eztv.it

d.l. with utorrent

Jacob1983
02-04-2013, 02:36 AM
I will predict that this will be a 1 season show and that will be it. Starz let Boss survive for 2 season before putting it to rest. Political shows just don't last that long. It's rare.

Wild Cobra
02-04-2013, 03:36 AM
I will predict that this will be a 1 season show and that will be it. Starz let Boss survive for 2 season before putting it to rest. Political shows just don't last that long. It's rare.
I heard it's already been renewed for season two.

Reck
02-04-2013, 05:23 AM
I heard it's already been renewed for season two.

Acquiring Spacey would prove difficult I would assume.

This is why these shows with big name stars aren't meant to last more than one or 2 seasons. I much rather they do one good season that comes together in the end and call it quits. You dont want a show to hang in the air for years because the actor cant commit to the project.

Its what happened with Lilyhammer, Steve Van Zandt agreed to do a second season but on his own time and to this date they haven't even plan a shooting for its second season.

Spurtacular
12-17-2017, 03:54 AM
Man, I've still not seen an episode. But I'd be fucking pissed if I was a fan and they canceled the show over some old bull shit. That's a slap in the face to the fans; no?

Xevious
12-17-2017, 04:17 AM
Man, I've still not seen an episode. But I'd be fucking pissed if I was a fan and they canceled the show over some old bull shit. That's a slap in the face to the fans; no?
I've not watched it, but the general consensus is that the show has declined in the last couple seasons anyway.

Spurtacular
12-17-2017, 04:26 AM
I've not watched it, but the general consensus is that the show has declined in the last couple seasons anyway.

Seems like the fans deserved closure all the same, tbh.

Pavlov
12-17-2017, 04:37 AM
Seems like the fans deserved closure all the same, tbh.They already announced a final season will be produced.

Spurtacular
12-17-2017, 04:41 AM
They already announced a final season will be produced.

Without the main character played by an actor whom Netflix took all of twelve hours to fire based on old shit. Spacey may be a terrible person in the final analysis, but he doesn't need to be a saint to play his pivotal character.

Pavlov
12-17-2017, 04:43 AM
Without the main character played by an actor whom Netflix took all of twelve hours to fire based on old shit. Spacey may be a terrible person in the final analysis, but he doesn't need to be a saint to play his pivotal character.In the final analysis he doesn't need to play his pivotal character.

Spurtacular
12-17-2017, 04:53 AM
In the final analysis he doesn't need to play his pivotal character.

Based on what? The mere fact that the show is going for one last pity season (that was already a done deal)? The show's producers would not agree with you based on the fact that they canceled the series effective following this last season at the same time they dumped Spacey.

Xevious
12-17-2017, 05:21 AM
Without the main character played by an actor whom Netflix took all of twelve hours to fire based on old shit. Spacey may be a terrible person in the final analysis, but he doesn't need to be a saint to play his pivotal character.
It's entertainment. Shows have come and gone without satisfactory resolution countless times in the past. This is as good a reason as any to part ways with Spacey... besides, he admitted to the allegations for the most part.

Spurtacular
12-17-2017, 05:25 AM
It's entertainment. Shows have come and gone without satisfactory resolution countless times in the past. This is as good a reason as any to part ways with Spacey... besides, he admitted to the allegations for the most part.

Sure, fans don't always get resolution. But once a series hits a critical mass, care should be taken. Netflix f'd up on this one, imo. But I get why they did it; they decided being risk averse was as good a reason as any to take a steaming shit on the show's fans.

Pavlov
12-17-2017, 12:26 PM
Sure, fans don't always get resolution. But once a series hits a critical mass, care should be taken. Netflix f'd up on this one, imo. But I get why they did it; they decided being risk averse was as good a reason as any to take a steaming shit on the show's fans.So you're saying care wasn't taken regarding the viewers because care was taken regarding the viewers.

OK.

Spurtacular
12-17-2017, 06:20 PM
So you're saying care wasn't taken regarding the viewers because care was taken regarding the viewers.

OK.

Not saying that at all; but you feel free to believe your self-serving machinations.

Reck
12-17-2017, 06:30 PM
Based on what? The mere fact that the show is going for one last pity season (that was already a done deal)? The show's producers would not agree with you based on the fact that they canceled the series effective following this last season at the same time they dumped Spacey.

Based on the fact Spacey's character was already on the margins of the show.

Last season ended with him Hillary'd. In the woods.

The show's direction was tilting toward his wife being the main character. The final episode of the last season telegraphed as much.

But yeah, this show took a big dive after the 2nd season I would say.

Spurtacular
12-17-2017, 06:35 PM
^^^

I haven't seen the show. So, I can only argue in the margins. What I can tell you is that when Netflix had announced the upcoming season, two and a half weeks prior, they did not call it the final season. They only did that in lightning speed following the accusation against Spacey by that snowflake actor. So, I am predisposed to believe the show would have continued with Spacey playing an integral part.

Pavlov
12-17-2017, 06:36 PM
^^^

I haven't seen the show. So, I can only argue in the margins. What I can tell you is that when Netflix had announced the upcoming season, two and a half weeks prior, they did not call it the final season. They only did that in lightning speed following the accusation against Spacey by that snowflake actor. So, I am predisposed to believe the show would have continued with Spacey playing an integral part."Feel free to believe your self-serving machinations."

Spurtacular
12-17-2017, 06:38 PM
"Feel free to believe your self-serving machinations."

Sure, sunshine.