PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Can the Pacers knock Miami in the East?

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Pacers are a balanced team. They own the league's best defensive field goal pct (.419). They have big men who hustles and can score in and out. Paul George is playing like an All Star. So there's some consistency in terms of a starting lineup. When Granger comes back, they could be more of a threat. Miami already dropped 2 games against Indiana this season with an average of 11.5 points.

Indiana has improved so much with their match up against Miami. Fyi, Indiana took the champs to a 6 game series which was tied at 2-2 when Granger injured his ankle in the 1st half of Game 5 and Miami took advantage of this loss and closed the series 2 games after.

I really think Indiana is the darkest horse in the East. They are capable of slowing Miami's pace and though they're not as lethal offensively, I think with the emergence of George Paul, George Hill and the return of Granger, Indiana will have a lot more breathing room on offense. Hibbert has been a disappointment this season though but I expect him to turn things up in the second half.

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2013, 11:48 AM
they have the advantage down low, its up to the perimeter and wing players to dump it down low or chuck up shots for personal glory....

ghill33 will have to play out of his mind though, and i can see it happening...

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 12:00 PM
I honestly think they can beat Miami. Indiana's biggest obstacles is officiating. In a 7 game series, Superstars will get Superstar calls.

I find this quote very convincing. It was after last night's win.

“I was joking out there with those guys, LeBron and Dwayne Wade,” George said after Indiana’s 102-89 victory at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. “I asked ‘em, ‘When is it my time to get some of these calls?’ They joked back and said, ‘We don’t get those.’ I told Wade, ‘the whole first half was for you.’ “

By halftime, George already was lugging three personal fouls. James and Wade had played no-touch defense, nary a foul between them.

“If it happens, it happens,” George, a newly minted 2013 All-Star, said of the league’s alleged superstar treatment. “But I don’t look to get any calls.”

Brunodf
02-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Yes, they can

Bill_Brasky
02-02-2013, 12:08 PM
No, because LeBron has a whole different gear that he didn't even shift into last night.

Venti Quattro
02-02-2013, 12:09 PM
No, they can't and they won't.

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 12:13 PM
No, because LeBron has a whole different gear that he didn't even shift into last night.

I never doubted LeBron. But will his teammates have another gear in the playoffs?

whitemamba
02-02-2013, 12:43 PM
No, they can't and they won't.

how bout them lakers venti

Ace
02-02-2013, 12:48 PM
I never doubted LeBron. But will his teammates have another gear in the playoffs?
What a fucking retarded thread :lol

Hey dumbass, did you miss all of last years playoffs? Miami has underperformed against the Bulls, Celtics and Pacers during the regular season in the past and yet none of that meant anything come playoffs. These same Pacers couldn't beat Miami without Bosh.

irishock
02-02-2013, 12:48 PM
This isn't 2004 anymore, you don't win shit without at least 1 superstar-- the Pacers have none. The top contender to beat the Heat is still the Chicago Bulls with a healthy Rose.

TIMMYtoZO
02-02-2013, 01:03 PM
:lol Miami is coasting which results in giving fans false hope. Indiana has no chance in hell of taking out Miami. Miami is going through the motions. In a playoff series, the Pacers would be lucky to push it to 6 games. Last years series should have only been 5 if it wasn't for Bosh getting hurt and/or all the miss free throws in game 2.

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2013, 01:37 PM
:lol OP mentions Danny Granger's minor injury, but neglects to mention that Bosh missed the majority of the series:lol:lol..

NBA fans put way too much stock in the regular season..these same fans picked Miami to lose to Chicago and Boston, based on their regular season coasting..:lol King James, Wade, Bosh trolling delusional fans that over analyze games, tbh..

The Pacers are a cute story, but they aren't winning shit..:lol the Pacers also get an abundance of biased calls, particularly on defense, :lol Miami doesn't get shit anymore, tbh..

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 01:52 PM
:lol OP mentions Danny Granger's minor injury, but neglects to mention that Bosh missed the majority of the series:lol:lol..

NBA fans put way too much stock in the regular season..these same fans picked Miami to lose to Chicago and Boston, based on their regular season coasting..:lol King James, Wade, Bosh trolling delusional fans that over analyze games, tbh..

The Pacers are a cute story, but they aren't winning shit..:lol the Pacers also get an abundance of biased calls, particularly on defense, :lol Miami doesn't get shit anymore, tbh..

Bosh is honestly net negative at this point against Indianas front court. He grabbed 2 rebounds in 33 minutes of play last night.

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 01:54 PM
This isn't 2004 anymore, you don't win shit without at least 1 superstar-- the Pacers have none. The top contender to beat the Heat is still the Chicago Bulls with a healthy Rose.

Not this year. Perhaps next season.

Clipper Nation
02-02-2013, 01:54 PM
No superstar = no chance, tbh...

Mal
02-02-2013, 02:08 PM
They cant. LeBron must be in Finals so league`s sake.

Richie
02-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Can they? Yes. Will they? Probably not.

Granted the Heat were without Chris Bosh last year, but they needed double digit rebounding games from Chalmers (11, Game 5) and Wade (9 and 10, Game 4 and 6) to close out the pacers last time. That's especially impressive from Wade considering he had a 6'8" guy on him in either George or Granger the whole series.

Over the first 5 games, the team that won the rebounding won the game. The only hope Indiana has is to win the boards. If they do that in 5 or more games, they can win the series.

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Btw Miami played the 76ERS not the Bulls :last year.

gambit1990
02-02-2013, 02:48 PM
no.

lefty
02-02-2013, 02:56 PM
no

Miami is coasting and Lebron is gonna go ballistic in the playoffs

Killakobe81
02-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Pacers like the Clips are great stories and I like both teams.

But neither could beat King James in a 7 game series. Wade even a slight down year ...is better than any player on either team except maybe a healthy Cliff Paul. if wade is better than your star you have no shot at beating Miami because James is far superior to Wade.

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 03:24 PM
I don't like that way of thinking though. If Shaq is better than your star player then you have no shot at beating the Lakers. Wait, Pistons actually did.

Brazil
02-02-2013, 03:31 PM
No

whitemamba
02-02-2013, 03:59 PM
yes, its possible, depends on which lebron shows up lebeast or lechoke, but some good veterans on that team.. dont count the pacers out though, i see them doing somem damage this year

TrainOfThought5
02-02-2013, 04:21 PM
No. the man who will conquer the dark lord has not yet played. but the Easts humble savior shall return soon.

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2013, 04:24 PM
yes, its possible, depends on which lebron shows up lebeast or lechoke, but some good veterans on that team.. dont count the pacers out though, i see them doing somem damage this year

What's the point of posting this, tbh?..

Clipper Nation
02-02-2013, 04:30 PM

But neither could beat King James in a 7 game series. Wade even a slight down year ...is better than any player on either team except maybe a healthy Cliff Paul. if wade is better than your star you have no shot at beating Miami because James is far superior to Wade.
Wade is not even close to being better than CP3 :lmao

CP3 is a top 3 player in the league, Wade is falling off....

ffadicted
02-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Miami is not that good this year, the Pacers can def beat them. Only reason I'm not guaranteeing miami out before the finals is because the east is so fucking shitty

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Miami is not that good this year, the Pacers can def beat them. Only reason I'm not guaranteeing miami out before the finals is because the east is so fucking shitty

You also picked Miami to lose many times before, tbh:lol..

:lol these shitty posters that have yet to figure out the irrelevancy of the regular season..

timtonymanu
02-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Don't think I need to add anything else that's already been said in this thread.

But this Miami team looked average in the regular season last year and raised their level of play in the playoffs. And none of this, their path was easier. They had no problem beating the team to beat Thunder.

I'm not even confident a motivated Heat can be beat by the Spurs in a 7 game series.

benefactor
02-02-2013, 04:53 PM
I don't like that way of thinking though. If Shaq is better than your star player then you have no shot at beating the Lakers. Wait, Pistons actually did.
Pretty horrible comparison. That Pistons team was one of the best defensive teams in NBA history.

Like I've said before, the Pacers will make them work because they are a mismatch for the Heat with their size on the interior but they won't beat them.

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm not comparing both teams, learn how to read.

LkrFan
02-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Paul George has emerged as a legit all star. If Granger comes back to his old form, they got a chance, albeit a small chance. The Pacers have size (Hibbert). Toughness (DWest). Gritty backcourt (Hill - former Spur). They've improved. But when the dust settles, Heat in 7.

Jeff Van Gundy
02-02-2013, 05:11 PM
:lol closet laker fan hoping for the Heat to lose just so it can ease their pain of the Lakers shitty season. No one can stop the Heat. Heat in the postseason is a whole different level of bball.

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2013, 05:15 PM
The 2011 Heat were 7-12 vs. the top 4 in the West/East, and the 2012 Heat were 9-10 vs. the top teams in the East/West..

It hasn't affected them in the playoffs..

Miami doesn't have the coaching system to rely on for regular season wins, unlike the Spurs, Bulls, etc..they rely entirely on star power, which does not always translate to regular season success, but generally leads to thriving in the playoffs..

If Miami was coached by Pop or Phil Jackson, they would be a perennial 65-win team..shit, even if Thibodeau coached the Heat, they would break 65..thankfully, Lebron and Wade have learned how to pace themselves..

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2013, 05:18 PM
The Spurs are the only team that can beat a healthy Heat team in a series IMO..Miami would still be favored, though..

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 05:23 PM
I honestly believe a healthy Lakers team can beat the Heat. Especially with Kobe's new found role.

Nash=Chalmers
Kobe=Wade
Lebron> Metta
Gasol/Clark> Bosh
Dwight> Haslem/Birdman

Heat are Lucky the Lakers are in the West. If they're in the East. they'll make the 8th seed and face Miami in first round. I'd be scared of facing the Lakers playing like a team.

Richie
02-02-2013, 05:47 PM
The Spurs are the only team that can beat a healthy Heat team in a series IMO..Miami would still be favored, though..

I've said it a few times, Parker would need to get us to the finals, Ginobili will need to get us past OKC and Duncan needs to get us past the Heat.

Duncan playing the way he did earlier in the season is a match up nightmare for the Heat. He will overpower them inside, especially playing a high low game with Tiago.

Sadly, we're probably not going to make it past OKC. If we do though, there's no reason to think the Spurs can't beat the Heat.

benefactor
02-02-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm not comparing both teams, learn how to read.
The what the hell are you saying? In a thread where people are telling you that the superstarless Pacers can't beat the Heat because of Lebron you bring up the superstarless Pistons beating the Lakers with Shaq. There was no reason to bring that up because the circumstance were completely different.

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Look man. What I mean is this. I don't agree with the logic behind having a Superstar being better than the other teams star(s) completely eliminates any chances of winning a series, at the end of the day, its still a team game. I cited the Lakers-Pistons series as an example of that theory not as a direct comparison to the Heat. That's all chief.

Brunodf
02-02-2013, 06:16 PM
:lol closet laker fan hoping for the Heat to lose just so it can ease their pain of the Lakers shitty season. No one can stop the Heat. Heat in the postseason is a whole different level of bball.

Jinx

benefactor
02-02-2013, 06:21 PM
But it's not a very good example...it's more like an anomaly. It very, very rarely happens. This post (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208876&p=6333109&viewfull=1#post6333109) by timvp proves this. You don't get past a championship level team with with a MVP caliber star without another star or a legendary defense.

Clipper Nation
02-02-2013, 06:21 PM
I honestly believe a healthy Lakers team can beat the Heat.

:lmao

Raven
02-02-2013, 06:31 PM
if they couldn't last year without bosh, then the odds are against them this year even more..

Raven
02-02-2013, 06:39 PM

cp3 hasn't done shit in the play offs though.. sayin wade is better than cp3 should be at least legit if not a given

ffadicted
02-02-2013, 06:41 PM
You also picked Miami to lose many times before, tbh:lol..

:lol these shitty posters that have yet to figure out the irrelevancy of the regular season..

A hater such as myself will always hate on the Heatles tbqh
Also btqh though, repeating is not easy, people learn a lot about how to beat you and generally others improve around you. Miami hasn't made any huge improvements... Spurs fans should know best about the difficulties of repeating

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 06:42 PM
:lmao

Stop trolling. Lakers can beat the Heat. Especially if Jordan Hill is healthy. Again, if the Lakers are an 8th seed in the East, I'm sure Miami will drop a few games to avoid them.

Dwight> Haslem
Gasol/Clark> Bosh
Artest< Lebron
Kobe> Wade (If he's a facilitator)
Nash> Chalmers

Bench

Meeks=Ray Allen
Jamison= Lewis
Blake= Coles

The only advantage is HCA but even their coach is about the same.

Clipper Nation
02-02-2013, 06:52 PM
cp3 hasn't done shit in the play offs though.. sayin wade is better than cp3 should be at least legit if not a given

Wade hasn't done shit in the playoffs without Shaq or LeBron.... without either of them, he's done nothing but lose in the first or second round in the craptastic Eastern Conference....

CP3 has never had a Shaq or a LeBron to carry him and has spent his career in the tough West...

Regardless, how does that have anything to do with who's better right now, this year?

Raven
02-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Stop trolling. Lakers can beat the Heat. Especially if Jordan Hill is healthy. Again, if the Lakers are an 8th seed in the East, I'm sure Miami will drop a few games to avoid them.

Dwight> Haslem
Gasol/Clark> Bosh
Artest< Lebron
Nash> Chalmers

Bench

Meeks=Ray Allen
Jamison= Lewis
Blake= Coles

below average troll attempt tbh

Raven
02-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Wade hasn't done shit in the playoffs without Shaq or LeBron.... without either of them, he's done nothing but lose in the first or second round in the craptastic Eastern Conference....

CP3 has never had a Shaq or a LeBron to carry him and has spent his career in the tough West...

i consider the first wade title as the premium example of a player winning it all by himself, shaq at the time was basically a caterpillar doing nothing but pushing, he really wasn't even a third of what shaq is.. No matter how you look at it, you can't compare Wade's achivements with cp3's..

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2013, 06:58 PM

Dwight> Haslem
Gasol/Clark> Bosh
Artest< Lebron
Nash> Chalmers

Bench

Meeks=Ray Allen
Jamison= Lewis
Blake= Coles

Hmm..

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 07:09 PM
I'll prove my point in a week. They're playing again. If Kobe wasn't cold last time, it wouldve been a win for the Lakers. They're 4-1 in this new season for a reason. Kobe has found his niche.

Ace
02-02-2013, 07:14 PM

Dwight> Haslem
Gasol/Clark> Bosh
Artest< Lebron
Nash> Chalmers

Bench

Meeks=Ray Allen
Jamison= Lewis
Blake= Coles

Gasol and Clark better than Bosh?? :lol Meeks is on the same level as Ray Allen??? :lmao

Stupidity like this will easily have you replacing LkrFag as the dumbest poster on ST. :rollin

Ace
02-02-2013, 07:16 PM
I'll prove my point in a week. They're playing again. If Kobe wasn't cold last time, it wouldve been a win for the Lakers. They're 4-1 in this new season for a reason. Kobe has found his niche.
One regular season game will prove your point? You must be new to watching basketball because you're a fucking idiot :lol

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Got your feathers ruffled for sure. Only a dumbass would believe that. Even Laker fans won't buy that tbh. Shows your IQ fwiw. Too easy :lol

mystargtr34
02-02-2013, 07:42 PM
The Pacers are pretty annoying, especially fake tough guys like Roy Hibbert and more so Danny Granger, Lance Stephenson and David West. They just annoy me now.. especially now that Paul George is crying like he is a superstar now that he has made one all star game.

To answer the question, i think LeBron and the Heat will be a lot more prepared this time around for the Pacers.. and they probably take the series in 5 or 6 tbh.. the Pacers are a shockingly bad offensive team at below 100 points per 100 possessions. Granger would help in that department but he is low % chucker who wont improve that much.

Cry Havoc
02-02-2013, 07:58 PM

Dwight> Haslem
Gasol/Clark> Bosh
Artest<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<:lol<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<:lol<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<:lol<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Lebron
Nash> Chalmers

Bench

Meeks=Ray Allen
Jamison= Lewis
Blake= Coles

Fixed.

Cry Havoc
02-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Regular season threads provide some of the best reading material of the year, tbh.

2pac > Kobe
02-02-2013, 08:01 PM
tbh rondo-less celtics have a better chance

Hoops Czar
02-02-2013, 08:11 PM
:lol the Pacers also get an abundance of biased calls, particularly on defense, :lol Miami doesn't get shit anymore, tbh..

Who's biased now?

The refs are just coasting tbh. When the playoffs begin, Miami will be getting calls left and right. Hell, all OKC had to do was breath in Lebron and Wade's direction and they were shooting freethrows last year. :lol Miami doesn't get shit anymore :lol. Cute story though.

Ace
02-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Got your feathers ruffled for sure. Only a dumbass would believe that. Even Laker fans won't buy that tbh. Shows your IQ fwiw. Too easy :lol
You were dumb enough to start this thread, so you believing the Lakers would have a chance against the Heat isn't far fetched.

Ace
02-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Who's biased now?

The refs are just coasting tbh. When the playoffs begin, Miami will be getting calls left and right. Hell, all OKC had to do was breath in Lebron and Wade's direction and they were shooting freethrows last year. :lol Miami doesn't get shit anymore :lol. Cute story though.
You should really see a doctor about that.

spurraider21
02-02-2013, 09:23 PM
My best guess... they can but they won't

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 09:40 PM
You were dumb enough to start this thread, so you believing the Lakers would have a chance against the Heat isn't far fetched.

Just passing time here at work dude. You're so worked up and all taking shit seriously. :lol

StrengthAndHonor
02-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Bosh too soft though.

Venti Quattro
02-02-2013, 09:46 PM
how bout them lakers venti

u kidding bro? Miami are gonna kill the Lakers.

Latarian Milton
02-03-2013, 02:15 AM
pacers would be a nightmare matchup for us and would cause us more trouble than any eastern team would. im guessing we're intentionally losing some games recently (probably not including this one though, pacers have a matchup advantage against us) in order to get close to NY so we can make a selection of our 1st and maybe 2nd round opponents. for example if the pacers finish #2, #3, #6 or #7 and we #1, we would not face them no sooner than the WCF, which they're not likely to make. if they finish #4, #5 or #8, we would purposefully drop to the #2 in order to avoid them as well.

Jacob1983
02-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Roy Hibbert is playing like shit so I say no. He needs to step up and improve. I hate the Heat but there aren't enough any great teams that can beat them. They're playing in the shitty conference so going to the Finals is easier. I'd love to see Lebron attempt to make it to the Finals in the Western Conference.

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 05:42 AM
pacers would be a nightmare matchup for us and would cause us more trouble than any eastern team would. im guessing we're intentionally losing some games recently (probably not including this one though, pacers have a matchup advantage against us) in order to get close to NY so we can make a selection of our 1st and maybe 2nd round opponents. for example if the pacers finish #2, #3, #6 or #7 and we #1, we would not face them no sooner than the WCF, which they're not likely to make. if they finish #4, #5 or #8, we would purposefully drop to the #2 in order to avoid them as well.

#realHeatFan
#CountonLebron

whitemamba
02-03-2013, 06:17 AM
What's the point of posting this, tbh?..

lebron is a freak of nature dont get me wrong, a crazy talent.. but im still not convinced hes the guy the team can consistently rely on in crunch time... thats why i said there are some vets that are clutch though, allen, lewis, wade... but havent the pacers smashed them twice this year? i know its regular season and all but still thats got to bea confidence builder big time

100%duncan
02-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Haven't you people learned something from last season. Heat don't even get serious till June but I guess they should be start late May tbh, if there's one team who can beat them in the East it's going to be Melo and his Knicks.

Ghazi
02-03-2013, 07:05 AM
I risked $1000 to win $500 on the Heat winning the East

and I don't even think I got bad odds.

Venti Quattro
02-03-2013, 07:22 AM
if there's one team who can beat them in the East it's going to be Melo and his Knicks.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao no

100%duncan
02-03-2013, 07:32 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao no

I know it's a long shot but hey, TOSB Boston took them to 7 bruh, this year's Knicks can't do better?

Venti Quattro
02-03-2013, 08:50 AM
I know it's a long shot but hey, TOSB Boston took them to 7 bruh, this year's Knicks can't do better?

Any team that has Carmelo, Amare or JR Smith is bound to lose the playoffs. The Knicks have all three of them.

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Knicks can beat the Heat. But they would need JR SMith to bring his "A" game on all 4-7 games in a series. JR Smith however is not that kind of guy. He was consistently hot during November and fell down to earth face first in December and January shooting 36%.

Pelicans78
02-03-2013, 08:57 AM
I think the Knicks would have the best chance, but those 3 mentioned don't have the intangibles. But realistically they have the physical talent to compete with the Heat.

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 09:00 AM
People are sleeping on Indiana tbh. We'll see how they mesh when Granger comes back, but as long as the core is healthy, count me in as one of those who believes they can beat the Heat. Underdogs ftw tbh.

Pelicans78
02-03-2013, 09:03 AM
People are sleeping on Indiana tbh. We'll see how they mesh when Granger comes back, but as long as the core is healthy, count me in as one of those who believes they can beat the Heat. Underdogs ftw tbh.

I think they're better without Granger. West and George need to be the focus on offense. They really need to find a way to dump Granger's contract. He's become soft the last couple of seasons, relying on jumpers and not playing defense.

Venti Quattro
02-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Miami has problems against teams with legitimate centers because they don't have one. But if it's not a franchise-changing big man then they're gonna be just fine. Sorry, Hibbert is not on that level yet.

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Lakers had 2 and that certainly wasn't a problem for them :lol

Pelicans78
02-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Hibbert's regressed this season. He's only had one strong season in the league.

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 09:13 AM
I think they're better without Granger. West and George need to be the focus on offense. They really need to find a way to dump Granger's contract. He's become soft the last couple of seasons, relying on jumpers and not playing defense.

Why can't it be all 3 of them? West and George are not really big time scorers. For Indiana to work, they need a 3rd wheel that can consistently put up 20 points a game when one or both of those options are having a scoring drought. Hibbert is not a reliable scorer obviously and Hill is better suited as that guy who can give them scoring punch on the second unit.

Granger is needed unless a better offer comes in the table. Better meaning a much more potent scorer and there's not a lot of those in the market.

Josepatches_
02-03-2013, 10:21 AM
After regular season We heard last year how Miami couldn't beat OKC and it ended 4-1.

One meaningless regular season game is not a 7 games series.

StrengthAndHonor
05-29-2013, 10:24 AM
I still expect Miami to win since Indiana just doesn't have that reliable scorer but :lol at Heat fans thinking its a cake walk.

DAF86
05-29-2013, 10:36 AM
The Heat will win it but it's obvious that the Pacers provide some mutchup problems for them and the struggles in the regular season aren't solely because of Miami's "coasting", tbh.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Pacers may push it to 7 games, but even then it'll still be a 2009 Rockets vs. Lakers situation. Miami will most likely prevail on its home court should it come to a Game 7.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2013, 11:29 AM
the Pacers also get an abundance of biased calls, particularly on defense, :lol Miami doesn't get shit anymore, tbh..

:lol some proof that I've been saying this all year, tbh..

benefactor
05-29-2013, 12:04 PM
bene right about them Pacers.

StrengthAndHonor
06-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Some good stuff in this thread

Fwiw, if it wasn't for that botched coaching job by Vogel in Game 1, series wouldve been done in 6, Pacers favor.

Coasting:lol

Killakobe81
06-01-2013, 10:38 PM

Fuck, did I drink the advanced metrics kool-aid ...
Where is THAT Wade I was so confident in?!

Was right about James >>>>>>>>>>>Wade
And also right about dem Clips ...

Killakobe81
06-01-2013, 10:40 PM

Apparently CN said Wade was not better than HEALTHY Cliff Paul ...

Venti Quattro
04-25-2014, 11:16 AM
2013: Nope
2014: :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao seriously?

Venti Quattro
05-20-2014, 10:23 PM
2013: Nope
2014: :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao seriously?

:wakeup :wakeup :wakeup :wakeup :wakeup

mavsfan1000
05-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Nope.