PDA

View Full Version : Have you voted in this poll?

KoriEllis
09-04-2004, 01:22 AM
Should the Spurs trade Tim Duncan and build around gold medalist Manu Ginobili?

:wtf

www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/ (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/)

E20
09-04-2004, 01:23 AM
I voted on the first option. :hat

afe7FATMAN
09-04-2004, 02:04 AM
I voted for option 2.

I consider myself republican leaning.

I'm willing to listen:angel

What's in it for me in the long run?

The Cowboy's got about 33 draft-picks for Who...:wacko

We could start with many multiple draft picks from numerous clubs.

exstatic
09-04-2004, 03:05 AM
The Cowboy's got about 33 draft-picks for Who...

Draft picks in the NBA are hardly worth a bucket of warm spit these days. Hell, Boston offered them #3 and #6 for Duncan back when those picks MEANT something, and could start fro your team.

You don't trade a wonder player in his prime, period.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-04-2004, 03:56 AM
They might have been on to something if they would have asked if the Spurs should scrap their sorry post-oriented offense and build one around Manu.

I woulda voted for that.

ShoogarBear
09-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Yeah, right. Duncan should be a supporting player for Manu.

:rolleyes

afe7FATMAN
09-10-2004, 05:02 AM
No Duncan would'nt be a support player he just wouldn't the first and second option and maybe I wouldn't have to see 4
DOWN all the d^m time in crunch time.

Kevin Kaster
09-10-2004, 05:55 AM
Worst poll I've seen in years. One Olympic gold medal > 2 NBA championships? News to me.

tekdragon
09-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Is this a joke? I didn't see the poll there. Please tell me this is a joke. I know most Spurs fans love Manu as much as I do, but I can't believe the city's gone off the deep end enough to even consider a question like this. Can someone post the question/options? I'll reserve my comments until I see the poll...but it's going to have to be a pretty intruiging idea to prevent me from going off on whoever came up with the premise: trade Tim Duncan to build around Manu? You've got to be kidding me. Please post the poll, I have to see this shit...

Jimcs50
09-10-2004, 11:05 AM
there is no poll on TD

CavsSuperFan
09-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Yea...Trade a 7’ MVP...A Dominant Player...And build around a younger flashy guard that has never won squat on his own...What team is stupid enough to do that?

Tommy Duncan
09-10-2004, 12:59 PM
We could start with many multiple draft picks from numerous clubs.

In football, the value of one 'superstar' player is generally not as great as in basketball, especially the NBA.

About the only time I could see the Spurs dealing Duncan is close to the end of his career if some team made a deal that would make giving up the last season or two of his career worthwhile for the Spurs. Of course, you would have to consider the impact of trading a popular player out of small market SA and as we saw with DRob that's not easy to do. Also, trading Ice at the end of his career remains a black mark on the franchise.

Nikos
09-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Whoever actually takes that poll seriously is more retarded than the actual poll itself.

Spur219
09-10-2004, 01:53 PM
This post is the stupidest poll I have ever came across on. How in the world would you consider trading the best player in the world.