PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Clippers management sets its eyes on KG

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I called this 6 days ago fwiw :lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208678&p=6323478#post6323478

Sean Deveney ‏@SeanDeveney
Sources tell Sporting News that the #Clippers have contacted the #Celtics about Kevin Garnett. Offer would include Caron Butler and Beldsoe

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 02:22 PM
If I'm Boston though, I'd ask for Odom's expiring instead of Butler.

timvp
02-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Ainge would probably laugh at that offer, tbh. A worn down SF and a small SG? Yeah, the Clips are going to have to up the ante, fwiw.

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Ainge would probably laugh at that offer, tbh. A worn down SF and a small SG? Yeah, the Clips are going to have to up the ante, fwiw.

Doesn't make sense to ask for Bledsoe though unless they're moving Rondo or Bradley. That Odom expiring would help them speed up their rebuilding however.

Clipper Nation
02-03-2013, 02:23 PM
KG would be a solid addition to the squad, tbh... also Chauncey is saying he'll be back next week...

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2013, 02:25 PM
KG would easily make them favorites to win it all including over the cHeat.

SpursIndonesia
02-03-2013, 08:58 PM
KG would easily make them favorites to win it all including over the cHeat.

Yeah, replacing Jordan's lack of IQ in the starting line up with a first ballot HOF'er, whose game is so seamlessly fit with Clippers superstars (Paul & Griffin), i can see them vaulting over the Spurs and being on the same level as Thunderefs, but still slightly lower than a fully clicking & caring Heat team.

Latarian Milton
02-03-2013, 11:21 PM
doubt he can still play monkeyball at age 36 tbh.

freetiago
02-03-2013, 11:55 PM
celtics have no leverage in a trade and if garnett wants to go to a contender then this is about the best they can hope for
butler would have to be changed into an expiring or a bigman and add a first round pick and its a solid trade
they dont need bledsoe with bradley but he can raise his trade value padding his stats for 1 year then flip one of bradley/bledsoe for another package
maybe one for Demarcus Cousins

then call up Golden State and deal Pierce for something like Barnes Jefferson and Brandon Rush
both teams become 1st tier title contending teams and Celtics get a solid roleplayer in Rush, 2 Expiring contracts to chase free agents in Jefferson and whoever the Clippers send and young talent in Barnes and Bledsoe

Latarian Milton
02-04-2013, 05:06 AM
celts will start rebuilding soon but im completely convinced that pierce will retire as a celt tbh. shedding KG doesn't make much senes to them celtics imho, they're the #8 at this point of time and are on a winning streak w/o the stat-padding nig, just keep the current it is and they will have a chance to make the 2nd round or even the conference finals.

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 08:52 AM
celts will start rebuilding soon but im completely convinced that pierce will retire as a celt tbh. shedding KG doesn't make much senes to them celtics imho, they're the #8 at this point of time and are on a winning streak w/o the stat-padding nig, just keep the current it is and they will have a chance to make the 2nd round or even the conference finals.

True.

scanry
02-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Alvin Gentry is who they should set their eyes on. Solid coach and i think CP3 would welcome that move.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2013, 01:30 PM
There's rumors floating around the Celtics blogosphere that Boston proposed the deal, that KG would be totally okay with going to the Clippers, and that the full deal would end up being Bledsoe/Butler/Odom for KG/Bradley/Lee....

I'm not sure I buy the third part, but the first two parts are plausible: Ainge is always stirring up trade rumors with his players, and KG and Chauncey are best friends, so it's not a stretch that KG would want to be a Clipper....

I will say this, if the trade really goes down as rumored, the Celtics are going to get fleeced, and Celticfan should be calling for Ainge to be fired, tbh....

Texas_Ranger
02-04-2013, 01:37 PM
lol @ Boston if they do this shit.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-04-2013, 01:45 PM
KG fits perfectly. The Clippers badly need someone with the fake toughness to stand up for his teammates when they get fake knocked down.

baseline bum
02-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Kahn wouldn't make that deal. I don't even think Hollinger would.

Richie
02-04-2013, 02:12 PM
They'd need to at least throw Deandre Jordan in there. Why would Boston want Bledsoe when they have Rondo long term?

Chinook
02-04-2013, 02:31 PM
This seems to me to be like leak for the purpose of drawing interest. The Celtics probably hope that GMs are like, "We can beat that," and have the offers start pouring in. This is a safer way to say Garnet is on the block than coming out with it directly.

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 02:54 PM
They'd need to at least throw Deandre Jordan in there. Why would Boston want Bledsoe when they have Rondo long term?

True.

But seriously, why break the team up? Clips are on a nice run. Let them roll with it. If they fail this year, make the adjustment in the off season on a full training camp.

Cry Havoc
02-04-2013, 02:57 PM
What happened to winning the title with the current roster?

Clipper Nation
02-04-2013, 03:58 PM
What happened to winning the title with the current roster?
Why not try to increase our chances if the right move comes along? KG could bring the Clippers from contenders to favorites, tbh....

Cry Havoc
02-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Why not try to increase our chances if the right move comes along? KG could bring the Clippers from contenders to favorites, tbh....

Assuming you don't have to give up anything significant for him. Even then, it's no guarantee that he's going to fit in. It's tough to add someone mid-season and win a title.

Cry Havoc
02-04-2013, 05:25 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-clippers-garnett-20130204,0,5007341.story

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 06:12 PM
I thought this would be a panic move anyway assuming the story had real legs. Problem here is though KG brings a lot to the table, they seriously cannot just trade away major pieces because it will affect team chemistry. Trading Odom and Bledsoe would be fine since those players are expendable anyway. Bledsoe is most likely a goner once his contract is up so if you can trade him for value, do it now since its high.

But if we're talking about Caron and DJ, then its iffy. That team really gels right now and thats one of the reason they're playing well. Breaking that chemistry is a no go.

SpursIndonesia
02-04-2013, 06:17 PM
There's rumors floating around the Celtics blogosphere that Boston proposed the deal, that KG would be totally okay with going to the Clippers, and that the full deal would end up being Bledsoe/Butler/Odom for KG/Bradley/Lee....

I'm not sure I buy the third part, but the first two parts are plausible: Ainge is always stirring up trade rumors with his players, and KG and Chauncey are best friends, so it's not a stretch that KG would want to be a Clipper....

I will say this, if the trade really goes down as rumored, the Celtics are going to get fleeced, and Celticfan should be calling for Ainge to be fired, tbh....

That will work as long as the Clips include TWO first rounders into the deal, ala Nash trade last summer. And you know what, i think it would be well worth it, for Garnett remainder years of service.