PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Clippers looking to trade Caron Butler and Bledsoe for KG?

Juggity
02-03-2013, 05:04 PM
There's a report out that says the Clippers are willing to trade Eric Bledsoe and Caron butler for KG.

Who would end up winning that trade? Maybe Clippers in the short term, Celtics in the long term.

Reck
02-03-2013, 05:07 PM
I dont know about Bledsoe. Sure he has been playing like a scrub since Chris went down but this will only hurt the Clippers later on.

Obviously a one sided trade favoring the Celtics.

Killakobe81
02-03-2013, 05:25 PM
KG would be a great fit ... I really like Bledsoe but that is not enough for Kg. Kg could give a huge boost to Denver, Lac or okc. Thunder could offer more maybe Perry Jones plus a young guard if they are trying to rebuild.

LkrFan
02-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Do it! CP3 is not signed after this year and I haven't seen anything indicating that he will. Please throw away your insurance Mr. Sterling. :)

DPG21920
02-03-2013, 05:31 PM
:lol BOS would laugh their a** of at this offer. Bledsoe outside of some very rare good moments is pretty crappy.

Killakobe81
02-03-2013, 05:34 PM
:lol BOS would laugh their a** of at this offer. Bledsoe outside of some very rare good moments is pretty crappy.

Bledsoe has his moments .. I think he is a 6th man spot starter on a good team at best. I love his ball pressure, energy and athleticism but he is not a starting pg or SG on a elite team.

HarlemHeat37
02-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Bledsoe is a 6'1 shooting guard that can't shoot on a consistent basis..he's not a hot prospect, his ceiling is as a great 7th man, tbh..

Bynumite
02-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Flop City should offer more just for the simple fact that they would get an old but quality big man that doesn't monkeyball and has fundamentals and an outside jumper.

Clipper Nation
02-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Do it! CP3 is not signed after this year and I haven't seen anything indicating that he will. Please throw away your insurance Mr. Sterling. :)
Son, what's the status on Dwight? Still headed to Dallas next year or has he been swayed toward Atlanta?

whitemamba
02-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Flop City should offer more just for the simple fact that they would get an old but quality big man that doesn't monkeyball and has fundamentals and an outside jumper.

:lmao

whitemamba
02-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Son, what's the status on Dwight? Still headed to Dallas next year or has he been swayed toward Atlanta?

doesnt matter tbh, lakers have so much money if he leaves another super star will come.. but if i was a flopcity fan id be concerned about cpFlop, he hasnt said anything about staying there long term

DPG21920
02-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Bledsoe might very well be the most over=rataed player in the NBA. He has some talent, but he isn't worth anything of note in a trade. It would be a great trade for Clips

Clipper Nation
02-03-2013, 05:51 PM
The most remarkable part of all, however, is that the Clippers have managed to convince Paul that they’re serious about winning it all. If he’s going to re-sign as a free agent this summer – and all current indications would point to that happening – that was a must.

“Yeah, no question; no question,” he said when asked that very question about the organization. “That’s what we’re trying to do.

“This summer, when we got this team together (he was convinced). I realized that that’s the mentality we’ve got. You get older, and you realize that these teams don’t’ come by too often. So for me, I’ve got a beautiful family, got great friends and family and stuff like that. I just want to win a championship. That’s all I need.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/01/03/los-angeles-lakers-vs-los-angeles-clippers-chris-paul/1807855/

whitemamba
02-03-2013, 05:52 PM
where does it say hes signing long term

Clipper Nation
02-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Bledsoe might very well be the most over=rataed player in the NBA. He has some talent, but he isn't worth anything of note in a trade. It would be a great trade for Clips
In a league with guys like Deron Williams, Josh Smith, and Monta Ellis getting hyped up as stars, Bledsoe isn't anywhere near the most overrated player in the NBA...

DPG21920
02-03-2013, 05:54 PM
In a league with guys like Deron Williams, Josh Smith, and Monta Ellis getting hyped up as stars, Bledsoe isn't anywhere near the most overrated player in the NBA...

Disagree. People talk about Bledsoe like he has trade value and that his ceiling is that of the guys you mentioned. Those guys above have actually done something, he's done nothing but ruin the Clips record.

Clipper Nation
02-03-2013, 05:55 PM
where does it say hes signing long term
There's more:

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/563f2d52-590c-4f86-9a09-e94d3836270a/?source=twitter

whitemamba
02-03-2013, 05:56 PM
There's more:

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/563f2d52-590c-4f86-9a09-e94d3836270a/?source=twitter

you cant really be hangin your hopes on shit the media is saying.. :lol

AussieFanKurt
02-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Celts probably want a PG to replace Rondo. Could happen.. I guess?

Leetonidas
02-03-2013, 06:00 PM
KG has a no-trade clause, so it's not likely he isn't going anywhere he absolutely wants to be

baseline bum
02-03-2013, 06:04 PM
What the fuck does Boston get out of this deal? I love Bledsoe's defense on point guards, but with Rondo and Avery there they're already incredibly strong defending guards. And Butler's just a dime a dozen shooting guard who they don't have a lot of use for since Pierce is a far superior option to be getting the ball. It'd be one thing if Butler could shoot like Ray Allen or play a hybrid PG/SG like Terry does now, but he'd be an awful fit in Boston. If Garnett goes to Ainge and tells him to ship him to a contender out West that's one thing, but other than that I can't possibly see how this deal could get done.

baseline bum
02-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Celts probably want a PG to replace Rondo. Could happen.. I guess?

Why would you replace Rondo with a situtational PG like Bledsoe? I don't see any upside in this deal at all for Boston.

timvp
02-03-2013, 06:12 PM
This deal might have happened before Bledsoe began starting games and got outed as a shooting guard who happens to not be tall enough for the position.

Koolaid_Man
02-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Clippas still desperate for bigs? They're trying to learn the Laker art of fucking over fiends....:lol @ offering Caron...but if they fuck over Boston and pull this off then they will officially have my attention..right now I don't believe in them niggas they're fools gold and they know it otherwise they wouldn't be looking to pull this trade off..I think it's safe to say the Clippas: Don't Believe...

LkrFan
02-03-2013, 06:33 PM

I could care less tbh. We'll be straight regardless. However, if y'all lose CP3, you will stop using this alt acc:lolunt real quick. The Lakers always bounce back when they lose a star. :toast

ElNono
02-03-2013, 06:45 PM
In a way you would think this deal would never happen, but then you realize Ainge is on one end of the phonecall... I'd be pretty pissed if I'm a Celticsfan and Boston does this...

Reck
02-03-2013, 06:54 PM
I could care less tbh. We'll be straight regardless. However, if y'all lose CP3, you will stop using this alt acc:lolunt real quick. The Lakers always bounce back when they lose a star. :toast

So you do care then.

LkrFan
02-03-2013, 07:01 PM
So you do care then.

Well, obviously. He's currently a Laker, so he has my support. If/when he's no longer a Laker, my attitude and support for him will change.

rayjayjohnson
02-03-2013, 07:07 PM
KG would be a great fit ... I really like Bledsoe but that is not enough for Kg. Kg could give a huge boost to Denver, Lac or okc. Thunder could offer more maybe Perry Jones plus a young guard if they are trying to rebuild.
Fuck that. I don't want his prehistoric ass, motherfucker is older than sand

Grit and Grind
02-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Clippers want another fake tough guy I guess

racm
02-03-2013, 07:13 PM
This deal might have happened before Bledsoe began starting games and got outed as a shooting guard who happens to not be tall enough for the position.

Or one who can't shoot, for that matter.

Wade has no 3 point range but he's a much better slasher because of his size.

ffadicted
02-03-2013, 08:32 PM
This trade makes no sense for boston...? WTF would they want butler for

And as other ppl said, bledsoe is not that good

cjw
02-03-2013, 08:33 PM
What the fuck does Boston get out of this deal? I love Bledsoe's defense on point guards, but with Rondo and Avery there they're already incredibly strong defending guards. And Butler's just a dime a dozen shooting guard who they don't have a lot of use for since Pierce is a far superior option to be getting the ball. It'd be one thing if Butler could shoot like Ray Allen or play a hybrid PG/SG like Terry does now, but he'd be an awful fit in Boston. If Garnett goes to Ainge and tells him to ship him to a contender out West that's one thing, but other than that I can't possibly see how this deal could get done.

Right. Not only that, but isn't Bledsoe a RFA this summer? Without KG, they're not making it out of the first round this year, and they'll end up paying $10 million to keep Bledsoe beyond this season in a situation where they're capped out?

Odom's expiring deal would have to be sent back along with Chauncey's. Celtics would want to dump either Bass or Green as well (or Lee / Terry). This would work (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atz5553) but don't know why the Celtics would do that except to hit the reset button.

SpursIndonesia
02-03-2013, 09:06 PM

He's our backup pseudo PGs killer though. :D

irishock
02-03-2013, 09:07 PM
KG off the bench?

Latarian Milton
02-03-2013, 11:30 PM
blesoe will be a surplus when chauncy comes back. butler has been a solid performer for them but they have sufficient role players to take his spot in the event that he gets traded. it looks a good deal for clippers on paper but im not sure if KG will be happy with the role of 6th or even 7th man, DeAndrew and monkeyball are a super combination in the paint and there's no reason to drop jordan only to make room for KG in the starting lineup tbh

crc21209
02-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Won't happen. A guard who is streaky as hell and a guy who just had knee surgery 1 year and half ago? Hell nah...:lol It's gonna take ALOT more than that to get KG...

Killakobe81
02-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Fuck that. I don't want his prehistoric ass, motherfucker is older than sand

I like your young pieces if you could add KG to Faried, Lawson, AI and Gallo that is a solid core tbh ...

YOu wouldnt take KG for Wilson Chandler + anyone else on your squad McGee included?

Axe Murderer
02-04-2013, 12:38 AM
tbh why would CP3 leave LAC anyway? I don't see any other team/market that would be a better fit right now.

rayjayjohnson
02-04-2013, 12:49 AM
I like your young pieces if you could add KG to Faried, Lawson, AI and Gallo that is a solid core tbh ...

YOu wouldnt take KG for Wilson Chandler + anyone else on your squad McGee included?

not for KG tbh. several reasons:
1. I like this team. I'd rather we didn't move anywhere
2. I don't like KG. he's a bad person. petty, i know, but he's a dick
3. if we need anything, it's a shooter. HOWEVER, i would approve a package of mozgov and chandler plus a pick for josh smith, but i don't see how that'd work tbh

rayjayjohnson
02-04-2013, 12:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9xd6pk4

that'd work

Killakobe81
02-04-2013, 12:57 AM
not for KG tbh. several reasons:
1. I like this team. I'd rather we didn't move anywhere
2. I don't like KG. he's a bad person. petty, i know, but he's a dick
3. if we need anything, it's a shooter. HOWEVER, i would approve a package of mozgov and chandler plus a pick for josh smith, but i don't see how that'd work tbh

I sorta understand I never liked MAlone or Rodamn on the Lakers ...(but Karl surprised me with his play before he got hurt).

Winning always come first but rather win without players I despise if possible ...

99 Problems
02-04-2013, 02:37 AM
Would do until Rondo gets back. Perhaps a desperate effort by Clippers to win it before CP3 goes by adding KG. Or perhaps a sign that CP3 is going to stay so decision to let Bleds go is an easy one.

slick'81
02-04-2013, 04:43 AM
butler is garbage and bledsoe a backup sure their may be some upside as a starter but not worth kg

Mal
02-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Boston shows no signs of tanking. Hence why would they move KG in simply salary dump move ? Bledsoe sucks, and Butler....

LkrFan
02-04-2013, 06:44 AM
I hope this blows up in the Clippers' faces. They got a good team, why try to blow it up for 46 year old KG? And if they did get him, who backs up CP3 when Bledsoe departs? Who replaces Butler in the starting lineup? This could mess up their chemistry.

Do it Vinny D.

rayjayjohnson
02-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Yeah, like vinny has a say

Clipper Nation
02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
I hope this blows up in the Clippers' faces. They got a good team, why try to blow it up for 46 year old KG? And if they did get him, who backs up CP3 when Bledsoe departs? Who replaces Butler in the starting lineup? This could mess up their chemistry.

Do it Vinny D.
:lol It's cute how salty you are that the Clippers are better than the Lakers...

Raven
02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
the deal could happen with at least another team involved. Boston has nothing to gain from caron butler and very little from bledsoe. Boston is probably interested in a young center as they already have many guards both young and old. Perhaps something like ed davis for bledsoe and butler for wilson chandler or something.. maybe utah could be interested in butler, just speculation though

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 10:53 AM
:lol It's cute how salty you are that the Clippers are better than the Lakers...

Fuck off you idiot, you aint no damn Clippers fan.

whitemamba
02-04-2013, 10:55 AM

2 most bandwagoned teams. lol Kiings, CLippers :lmao

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 10:59 AM
2 most bandwagoned teams. lol Ki:lolings, CLippers :lmao

For real. And dumbass also roots for the Chargers and Ravens.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2013, 01:15 PM
:lol Closet Lakerfan who hopped off the Clippers at the first sign of struggle

2 most bandwagoned teams. lol Kiings, CLippers :lmao
:lol LAKERFAN having the nerve to call any other fan "bandwagon" and any other team "bandwagoned"

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Loy Vaughts #1 fan FOH :lol

LkrFan
02-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Salty? The same thing happened in what, 2005? How'd that turn out since then playa? :lol

LA will never be a "Clipper Nation" and never will son. And don't be trying to hang no Pacific Championship banners in Staples. It would be an embarrassment to such a fine facility. :nope

:lol

Mugen
02-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Salty? The same thing happened in what, 2005? How'd that turn out since then playa? :lol

LA will never be a "Clipper Nation" and never will son. And don't be trying to hang no Pacific Championship banners in Staples. It would be an embarrassment to such a fine facility. :nope

:lol

When's the last time you been to Staples, serious question sco?

Juggity
02-04-2013, 04:41 PM
:lol LAKERFAN having the nerve to call any other fan "bandwagon" and any other team "bandwagoned"

:tu

LkrFan
02-04-2013, 05:15 PM
When's the last time you been to Staples, serious question sco?

When I was stationed in San Diego back in 2004. So it's been a minute since I've been there.

Cry Havoc
02-04-2013, 05:25 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-clippers-garnett-20130204,0,5007341.story

Mugen
02-04-2013, 05:29 PM
When I was stationed in San Diego back in 2004. So it's been a minute since I've been there.

Good times. I love Staples.

SpursIndonesia
02-04-2013, 06:14 PM

:lol Closet Lakerfan who hopped off the Clippers at the first sign of struggle

S&H is a decent poster, but i put my money in CN corner over this among fans of the same team bickering contest. :lol

A fan of a team is allowed to be a closet fan of other team, but i think there's a honorary code to NEVER be a closet fan of the same city rival. You won't see a Real AND Atletico Madrid fan, or Manchester City AND United fan, ever. :D

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 06:31 PM
CN thinks just because he registered here first and he has 5,000 posts he can call people out on being bandwagons and closet Laker fans. Dude has no room considering he doesn't even know anything about the Clippers with the exception of "CP# is da Best point Guard LoLz" schtick.

Plus no decent Clippers fan would use Loy Vaught's tenure as proof that they're a die hard Clippers fan. If you want to make it realistic at least use the Elton Brand, Maggette era. Also, CN and another dude here uses the same schtick, they practically have the same identity when posting, overusing words like HAM, both are Lebron fanatics who happens to root for different teams and they also post in the same thread when the other needs help. They even share the same typing characteristics and grammar is an exactly replica. I bet the IP address is the same. :lol

Clipper Nation
02-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Plus no decent Clippers fan would use Loy Vaught's tenure as proof that they're a die hard Clippers fan.
According to who? You? You're a bandwagon Lakerfan who hopped on and off the Clipperwagon this season, you don't get to set the parameters here :lol

Also, CN and another dude here uses the same schtick, they practically have the same identity when posting, overusing words like HAM, both are Lebron fanatics who happens to root for different teams and they also post in the same thread when the other needs help. They even share the same typing characteristics and grammar is an exactly replica. I bet the IP address is the same. :lol
Ah yes, the old "CN is someone else's troll" schtick, never gets old :lol

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 06:50 PM
:lol @ closet Suns/Lebron/New Englang Patriots/ Clippers/ Ravens fan

Clipper Nation
02-04-2013, 07:34 PM

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Pierce has LA ties. He's basically a closet Lakers fan :lol So, might as well trade Pierce and KG to Clippers for Bledsoe, Butler, Odom expiring.

SpursIndonesia
02-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Pierce has LA ties. He's basically a closet Lakers fan :lol So, might as well trade Pierce and KG to Clippers for Bledsoe, Butler, Odom expiring.

For those two HOF'ers, i'll make everybody available, outside Paul & Griffin, and even throw TWO first rounders should it be necessary. That will create a strong, 2 year windows (this and the next) for championship, joining the Heat & Thunderefs as clear favorites (perhaps even take the no. 1 fav status).

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 08:24 PM
For those two HOF'ers, i'll make everybody available, outside Paul & Griffin, and even throw TWO first rounders should it be necessary. That will create a strong, 2 year windows (this and the next) for championship, joining the Heat & Thunderefs as clear favorites (perhaps even take the no. 1 fav status).

Pretty much. I can see Pierce retiring as a Clippers. He's a LA native but the Celtics probably won't do it now. He's playing so damn good for the past 2 weeks. He just nailed game winning jumpers against the Heat and Clippers in that time frame. No way in hell they deal him now, plus the Celtics are emerging again.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Thunderfaggot better hope this shit doesn't go down, because the Thunderefs are officially f:lolcked if we get Garnett AND Pierce :lol

maverick1948
02-04-2013, 11:57 PM
It is still aways to the trade deadline. Should the Celtics start to fail, then I see a trade like this happening. I, also, see a 1 or 2 teams in addition to the Celts, Clips. Throwing in the Cav's as a 3rd party, the Clippers get Garnett, send Butler to the Cavs and Boston get Bledsoe. Cavs have to give up another player to Boston. Clips have to get rid of another player. Plus there may be picks involved. What all this does is get both the Celts and Clips below the LUXURY TAX limit. But the Celtics have to believe that they will not make the playoffs.