PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Barkley: America is segregated

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Pretty good conversation from the Open Court crew celebrating Black History Month.

Conversation became a little touchy. Ive never seen Ernie Johnson speak up until then.

Do you guys agree?

Seventyniner
02-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Unfortunately, yes. I've definitely seen the effects of white flight in some cities. You will always have de facto rich/poor segregation, but that divides on racial lines to a great extent.

What it will probably take to end segregation is a greater acceptance of interracial marriages and families. It will happen, but it will take a long time.

jermaine
02-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Racism will always exist sad to say. I truly believe in my heart, it's people put here on earth to commit nothing but hell. Its a fact that if you put a baby from each race in a room, they will all play together an be happy. Stupidity is taught. Its something you learn from what one has seen or heard. It will be some idiot making a silly racial remark to this thread. Just watch an see.

jeebus
02-04-2013, 10:18 AM
This doesn't help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdAGlioyZk

The security guy is aces but because he's trying to do right, he's getting harassed by other blacks in that neighborhood.

jermaine
02-04-2013, 10:21 AM
I cant see that video on my phone but is it the video of the guy in Atlanta? I seen that an was embarrassed.

jermaine
02-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Its like 4 videos of that guard getting harassed. Then he got smacked up by a gay dude.

jeebus
02-04-2013, 10:23 AM
I cant see that video on my phone but is it the video of the guy in Atlanta? I seen that an was embarrassed.
yeah, local tv people did an interview with him.

mavs>spurs
02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Unfortunately, yes. I've definitely seen the effects of white flight in some cities. You will always have de facto rich/poor segregation, but that divides on racial lines to a great extent.

What it will probably take to end segregation is a greater acceptance of interracial marriages and families. It will happen, but it will take a long time.
Crofl so the only solution is total removal of the white race through mixing? Doesn't sound very racist to me.

cd98
02-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Tbh it's not whites segregating themselves from blacks. It's all groups segregating themselves from others. It is a general rule. There are exceptions. But I lived in Dallas and you could draw a map of the area of the city that had blacks, whites, Asians, and Hispanics. Some of it was economics, but a lot of it was people choosing to love with people that look like themselves because that is what they are comfortable with.

I also think a lot of it is natural and not learned. I don't think parents teach their kids not to play with someone from another race generally. I think a lot of folks just feel more comfortable with people that look like them.

Ashy Larry
02-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Even I had to get away from my own people. I take inner city youths to the parks and play ball. Take them to the beach here in Southern California because even though they live five miles from the water, many of them have never stepped on the sand or seen the Pacific except on television. I still try to broaden their lives and mindsets but even while doing this, one of those kids told his big homey what I had in my crib. Couple days later, they tried to rob a nigga. They didn't see my car in the driveway and thought I wasn't home. Hopped over the back gate through the alley and tried to come through the window. No sooner than one of them put his leg into the window, I took my Easton bat and blasted that knee cap at least a good ten times as he was stuck with the lower half of his body in the house. That night, we packed up our shit fearing retaliation and moved to the suburbs. One can only do so much.

Poverty is a bitch.

Ashy Larry
02-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Can't wait for this Open Court ..... they've all been tremendous

Trill Clinton
02-04-2013, 11:02 AM
can't wait to check this out.

i'm happy that these men are having a couragous converstation.

most people are afraid to talk about race and that is a huge problem right there.

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Can't wait for this Open Court ..... they've all been tremendous

Yeah. Did you see the preview? EJ was spitting fire on Charles and Kenny. Normally he's the token white guy who lets everyone walk on him in that show but he was really ticked off and kinda took it personal sonce he was citing an example involving his father.

In a way I agree with him. I think theres definitely racism but segregation doesn't exist as much as how Barkley was portraying it. Barkley's biggest mustake was using a TV series to prove his point.

buttsR4rebounding
02-04-2013, 11:10 AM
It WAS the history of the United States that classes of immigrants came over and were at the bottom of the ladder. They were discriminated against. This was true of Irish, Italians, Poles, etc. The difference was that over a few generations they assimilated into the American melting pot. I firmly believe that would have happened with blacks after the 1964 Civil Rights legislation passed because of across the board support from the Republican Party. The Dems were largely against it. After that the Dems decided to BUY the Black vote by continuously giving them more and more goodies, thus stopping them from assimilating into the society. As long as Blacks are "protected" by quotas, receive an above-average share of welfare payments, etc. White America will harbor some resentment. Slavery ended almost 150 years ago (thanks to a Republican president who was ultimately assasinated for it). I am part of an interracial family. Until Blacks look at themselves as Americans first and not Black first there will not be a true assimilation. The Dems have figured out that the only way they can maintain power is to keep the country divided. If one looks at the history of the world's great empires this is something that typically occurs during the 7th and final stage of an empire. During our lifetimes, probably in the next 10 to 20 years we will see China become the world's super power with the US delegated to 2nd tier status. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

jermaine
02-04-2013, 12:32 PM
can't wait to check this out.

i'm happy that these men are having a couragous converstation.

most people are afraid to talk about race and that is a huge problem right there.
Most are afraid because it's a very touchy subject an every small grain of salt you say gets turned into a rock. Like ive said here time an time again. I dont hate people who love their own race more than others. I dislike racist shits who feel the need to belittle another race cuz they think they are superior. An that goes for blacks also. We got it bad thinking we can say what we want an when a white or other race say anything outta place its fighting time on go get NAACP. But most people get to see either the rich blacks who wanna be white, or ignorant niggas that dont know how to act like those in that video. The other races assumes we all act like that. An thats not the case. I feel bad for saying this bus I find myself frowning upon the black youth alot an im black. But as a bus driver in Dallas all I really see is the bad actors an gay thugs. When I see one with their head on straight, I try to encourage them to be leaders an not followers. Be themselves an not fall to the pressures of the losers. I have a saying I always say to others. "Im alright an you might be alright. But as a whole, its looking real dim for the black race".

Leetonidas
02-04-2013, 12:38 PM
jermaine spittin some truth :tu

Koolaid_Man
02-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Even I had to get away from my own people. I take inner city youths to the parks and play ball. Take them to the beach here in Southern California because even though they live five miles from the water, many of them have never stepped on the sand or seen the Pacific except on television. I still try to broaden their lives and mindsets but even while doing this, one of those kids told his big homey what I had in my crib. Couple days later, they tried to rob a nigga. They didn't see my car in the driveway and thought I wasn't home. Hopped over the back gate through the alley and tried to come through the window. No sooner than one of them put his leg into the window, I took my Easton bat and blasted that knee cap at least a good ten times as he was stuck with the lower half of his body in the house. That night, we packed up our shit fearing retaliation and moved to the suburbs. One can only do so much.

Poverty is a bitch.

A bat to the knee? :lmao I would have lite that nigga up like a 21 gun salute....my dad used to always say...if someone breaks in stay low b-cuz I'm aiming high :lol....I might have even given him "a nice clean kill shot" like that old man did those two white Kids in Minnesota....

Trill Clinton
02-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Most are afraid because it's a very touchy subject an every small grain of salt you say gets turned into a rock. Like ive said here time an time again. I dont hate people who love their own race more than others. I dislike racist shits who feel the need to belittle another race cuz they think they are superior

yup.

people get on the defensive as soon as the topic is brought up and all that does is start the blame game.

i had a job that required us to do a training called "knowing who you are" that dealt with race.

not going to point fingers but a certain race automatically got defensive and nothing productive was learned that day.

just a bunch of folded arms and zipped lips.

i assumed they were racist due to their lack of participation.

Koolaid_Man
02-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Most are afraid because it's a very touchy subject an every small grain of salt you say gets turned into a rock. Like ive said here time an time again. I dont hate people who love their own race more than others. I dislike racist shits who feel the need to belittle another race cuz they think they are superior. An that goes for blacks also. We got it bad thinking we can say what we want an when a white or other race say anything outta place its fighting time on go get NAACP. But most people get to see either the rich blacks who wanna be white, or ignorant niggas that dont know how to act like those in that video. The other races assumes we all act like that. An thats not the case. I feel bad for saying this bus I find myself frowning upon the black youth alot an im black. But as a bus driver in Dallas all I really see is the bad actors an gay thugs. When I see one with their head on straight, I try to encourage them to be leaders an not followers. Be themselves an not fall to the pressures of the losers. I have a saying I always say to others. "Im alright an you might be alright. But as a whole, its looking real dim for the black race".

In all honesty I personally know a lot of very smart white people that I admire and respect...but the smartest cat I know is a friend that went to Vanderbilt - a black homie (some might call him a sand nigga :lol) who has a beautiful programmatic and business mind...I've personally witnessed him totally / intellectually obliterate some white guys who thought they were smarter...it was on scale that some white people wouldn't think exist...I'm talking advanced brain power here....wish we had more like us :hat

Koolaid_Man
02-04-2013, 12:57 PM
yup.

people get on the defensive as soon as the topic is brought up and all that does is start the blame game.

i had a job that required us to do a training called "knowing who you are" that dealt with race.

not going to point fingers but a certain race automatically got defensive and nothing productive was learned that day.

just a bunch of folded arms and zipped lips.

i assumed they were racist due to their lack of participation.

I confuse a lot of white people they don't know how to caricature me...they leave my presence depressed...but I also got a ton of white moms who want me almost begging me to get with their daughters....it's kinda weird seeing this from white parents..but I suspect that's a play on me being a good -looking black guy with money and a future...but it ain't happening unless I feel it's the right one..I'm very shrewd and savvy...

ain't that right DPG :lol

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Damn Kool, why troll this thread. Smh. Save your white women fantasies to another thread.

Koolaid_Man
02-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Damn Kool, why troll this thread. Smh. Save your white women fantasies to another thread.

Show some respect...I'm a living legend...I'm the only one on this board that Kori has fucked...:hat

Spur_Fanatic
02-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Racism will always exist sad to say. I truly believe in my heart, it's people put here on earth to commit nothing but hell. Its a fact that if you put a baby from each race in a room, they will all play together an be happy. Stupidity is taught. Its something you learn from what one has seen or heard. It will be some idiot making a silly racial remark to this thread. Just watch an see.

This.

mavs>spurs
02-04-2013, 04:53 PM
:lol all the blacks quick to place the racecard again (as usual) whenever they're the most racist group in 2013. this isn't 1800 anymore, hypocrites. maybe if everyone just quit worrying about who's racist like some mccarthy witch hunt we could all get on with our lives in peace tbh.

FkLA
02-04-2013, 05:18 PM
I like Barkley but dude plays the race card way too much. This is like the fourth or fifth time hes said something stupid like this, I know when Auburn had an opening at head coach in football there was a white candidate and a black candidate...when Auburn chose Chizik Barkley said they only chose him because hes white. Auburn won a national title shortly after.

And no racist but black people need to get their shit together tbh. You guys have the highest percentages in prison, highest percentage of single parent households, highest percentage on welfare (unemployed as well Im assuming). Not only that but the black culture glorifies the dumbest shit...acting hard, pushing drugs, doing time, spending your money on rims for a shitty old cadillac, grills, chains all get you props. Go to school and act professional and youre a sell out. I know that happens in every culture but for some reason its most prevalent in the black community.

lefty
02-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Lol boston

Koolaid_Man
02-04-2013, 07:06 PM
I like Barkley but dude plays the race card way too much. This is like the fourth or fifth time hes said something stupid like this, I know when Auburn had an opening at head coach in football there was a white candidate and a black candidate...when Auburn chose Chizik Barkley said they only chose him because hes white. Auburn won a national title shortly after.

And no racist but black people need to get their shit together tbh. You guys have the highest percentages in prison, highest percentage of single parent households, highest percentage on welfare (unemployed as well Im assuming). Not only that but the black culture glorifies the dumbest shit...acting hard, pushing drugs, doing time, spending your money on rims for a shitty old cadillac, grills, chains all get you props. Go to school and act professional and youre a sell out. I know that happens in every culture but for some reason its most prevalent in the black community.

:lol you know I'm a fucking hypocrite because I listen to rap and be laughin my ass off at some of the shit...but I'm from the professor X Clan crowd so to speak...Andre 3000 is my guy....but I love nothing more than a good ass shaking tip drill video...it's what I live for....but it is a problem for those impressionable folk with weak minds...

Like Chris Rock said Kool is the smarty art nigga :lmao http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSaAytiB2bM

Latarian Milton
02-04-2013, 07:58 PM
every race takes its fair share of geniuses and idiots imho. niggas are still discriminated against to some degree in the country because they're in minority and are not as united as them yellows. you see niggas fighting & killing each other in the hoods but you rarely see such crimes happening in chinatown.

Proxy
02-04-2013, 08:27 PM

Sometimes it seems like that, but the truth of the matter is that things have drastically improved and will continue to do so.

Bill_Brasky
02-04-2013, 08:32 PM
The prison system = modern day slavery

Captivus
02-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I dont want to talk about things that I dont know (blacks in the US), but we do have the same issues here in Argentina.
I think the problem is not color, its a social problem, and with social I mean social-economic problem.
People from Argentina are white. In most south american countries people are not white, are black (we say black). Its not the same black, is a brown. Still, we say black.
Argentina has a lot of immigration from these countries (Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru and so on). These people are usually poor. A few years ago a study said 70% of all the people that in "villas" (poor houses) are not from Argentina.
And that is the problem. Its not the color, its the fact that they are poor. So people dont like them. Is that racist...call it whatever you want...
The issue is so big in Argentina that if during a soccer game the fans start to sing: Boliviano!, the game has to be stopped, because a persons country has become an insult.
This kind of racism is usually related to poverty, to immigrant stealing jobs, crimes, welfare, etc.
I worked with people from many south american countries and there are no racist issues, because at the end, our social economic position (not sure thats the word Im looking for) is the same. When the position is different, thats when racism appears.
Many white people have problems in african countries.
Ok, I dont want to write a book here...

Koolaid_Man
02-04-2013, 09:51 PM
The prison system = modern day slavery

:lol ohh here's a novel idea: "Stop doing stupid shit to get thrown in".... I could give a rat's ass about 98% of them negro's in prison...most are savages / beasts and I wouldn't want them niggas living within 100 miles of me tbh....I know when white people say something about blacks they're considered racists..and many really are..but fact is I find myself saying the same gotdam shit about my own people...it's about to be ruggish at times but know how to mix in some class on occasion. Get a pedi, mani, and massage....get a facial...(no pun) Learn how to pimp a two-piece like Kool on occasion...with some alligator Bruno Magli's...:lol

InRareForm
02-04-2013, 10:12 PM
No way to find this show online is there?

No NBA Tv on my provider

Venti Quattro
02-04-2013, 10:16 PM
:lol ohh here's a novel idea: "Stop doing stupid shit to get thrown in"....

:lmao :lmao :lmao the goods

UZER
02-04-2013, 10:17 PM
:lol ohh here's a novel idea: "Stop doing stupid shit to get thrown in".... I could give a rat's ass about 98% of them negro's in prison...most are savages / beasts and I wouldn't want them niggas living within 100 miles of me tbh....I know when white people say something about blacks they're considered racists..and many really are..but fact is I find myself saying the same gotdam shit about my own people...it's about to be ruggish at times but know how to mix in some class on occasion. Get a pedi, mani, and massage....get a facial...(no pun) Learn how to pimp a two-piece like Kool on occasion...with some alligator Bruno Magli's...:lol

So you're a sell-out...according to your own peeps.

UZER
02-04-2013, 10:21 PM
And Barkley himself has said he gets away with anything because he's rich. He brags about throwing people throw windows and just paying them off...so he's right...it is segregated....rich, then everyone else.

edit* not hating on the rich either....who doesn't want to be rich

manufan10
02-04-2013, 10:30 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao the goods

It's bad when Kool has to be a voice of reason. :lol

Venti Quattro
02-04-2013, 10:34 PM
It's bad when Kool has to be a voice of reason. :lol

Nigga has been dishing out the goods for a couple of months now.

manufan10
02-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Nigga has been dishing out the goods for a couple of months now.

I was on a hiatus the last couple of months, so I missed this transformation.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
02-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I dont want to talk about things that I dont know (blacks in the US), but we do have the same issues here in Argentina.
I think the problem is not color, its a social problem, and with social I mean social-economic problem.
People from Argentina are white. In most south american countries people are not white, are black (we say black). Its not the same black, is a brown. Still, we say black.
Argentina has a lot of immigration from these countries (Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru and so on). These people are usually poor. A few years ago a study said 70% of all the people that in "villas" (poor houses) are not from Argentina.
And that is the problem. Its not the color, its the fact that they are poor. So people dont like them. Is that racist...call it whatever you want...
The issue is so big in Argentina that if during a soccer game the fans start to sing: Boliviano!, the game has to be stopped, because a persons country has become an insult.
This kind of racism is usually related to poverty, to immigrant stealing jobs, crimes, welfare, etc.
I worked with people from many south american countries and there are no racist issues, because at the end, our social economic position (not sure thats the word Im looking for) is the same. When the position is different, thats when racism appears.

Are those brown people african negroes or south American Indian / European half breeds?

Koolaid_Man
02-04-2013, 11:00 PM
So you're a sell-out...according to your own peeps.

I'm gonna always keep at least $2 on me....so no :lol

Killakobe81
02-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Interesting thread. I went to fairly mixed high school got along with whites, flips, chicanos, blacks etc. Dated outside of my "race" (belizean/american). I was one of only 2 black kids in my AP classes. I had a semi-cute whitec chick tell me one day in AP history class ... no offense "but you are not like other black guys ... and felt she was paying me a compliment which I guess in her mind she was ... so I asked her "how so" ...and as she stumlbed over an answer ...I relaized ... her only exposure to our black culture (she knew nothing of my belizean side) was through rap, crime shows, and police blotters.

I do think things have gotten better in a lot of ways ... here in Dallas for example, the number of bi-racial families is staggering. Sure some are Cali or Louisiana transplants ...but for a state with such a strong racist history ... to see the change in acceptance has been amazing. Say what you want but it was not that long ago (1998) that a black dude got dragged to death through Jasper Texas. JAsper is not Dallas but change is slowly coming ...

HI-FI
02-04-2013, 11:24 PM
is there a link to this? I'm actually more interested in what EJ has to say than Barkley, who is hilarious but a total dumbass.

edit...here is a link. episode is supposed to be on tomorrow.

http://vimeo.com/58641461

Expert
02-05-2013, 12:34 AM
When you have people getting visibly upset and confrontational who are normally not, and it's being advertised as good viewing by their employers, you know the NBA is in the shitter.

SpursIndonesia
02-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Yeah, i think racism is very closely related to social economic condition of a society. We have racism problem in Indonesia, especially racial tension beetween the local, Malay/Javanese/Melanesian people, with the chinese people, but mostly happens in the urban scenery where the chinese ethnic has such a vast & great control in economy, while in the rural where reside some lower income chinese, things are much more smooth in racial harmony. If we go to the eastern provinces such as Papua, the reverse happens, with the Malay/Javanese/Melanesian people having the upper hand compared to the local Austronesian. But the racial supremacy shit, that rarely becomes an issue here.

Jacob1983
02-05-2013, 02:11 AM
Why can't they just talk about basketball and not politics? Sorry but I don't give a shit what former and current professional athletes think about when it comes to politics and race. Stick to what you're good at. You're entitled to your opinion but at the same time you have to remember what you're good at.

FkLA
02-05-2013, 02:45 AM
Yeah, i think racism is very closely related to social economic condition of a society. We have racism problem in Indonesia, especially racial tension beetween the local, Malay/Javanese/Melanesian people, with the chinese people, but mostly happens in the urban scenery where the chinese ethnic has such a vast & great control in economy, while in the rural where reside some lower income chinese, things are much more smooth in racial harmony. If we go to the eastern provinces such as Papua, the reverse happens, with the Malay/Javanese/Melanesian people having the upper hand compared to the local Austronesian. But the racial supremacy shit, that rarely becomes an issue here.

The poor are always stereotyped but I dont think thats what goes on in America when it comes to blacks tbh. There are assholes that do dislike black people simply because of their color or because theyre from ghettos but I think the majority of people dislike them for other reasons...reasons the black community has brought on themselves tbh. Like I said earlier the stuff they glorify is stupid, the way they live makes no sense at all. Dont see it changing anytime soon either unless the black community changes their mindset and stops being so enamored with the rap/hip-hop culture. Having a bunch of your people locked up/dead and unemployed+a bunch of your women as single moms and objectified is nothing to be proud of as a people.

Black people are some of the liveliest, happiest, and friendly people in the world. If they could just drop the whole hip-hop/rap bullshit theyd be some of the most beloved people in society tbh.

HI-FI
02-05-2013, 03:17 AM
ya know, normally i don't care or pay any attention to Indonesian culture but i will say that the Raid was a badass movie. can't wait for part 2.

and I think you have a really good point, which is that I think all the good or bad things start from the top. just like in sports, if you have a great owner, then you tend to get a good coach, the right players etc...and the inverse could be said as well. In times of slavery, the power elites allowed slavery to exist to enhance their empires and power. Now the elites use divisive tactics to keep one group as a permanent voting block in order to retain power.

With the black community, many aren't evolving or adapting because they are being subsidized with tax payer dollars in the form of various entitlements. Hence people in the ATL video can pop out kids without any regards as to providing for a future, they believe they are due that money and the check is coming. This causes a lot more resentment in communities that have to subsidize this shit. It's the same reason hispanics or b3aners as they are affectionately called receive a lot of shit, because not only do a lot arrive illegally, but they receive lots of handouts. Once again, it's the assholes at the top that have bent the system in order to buy off a segment of people in order to retain power.

i guess what i'm saying is racism will always exist because humans are capable of great duplicity and shittiness in order to fight over power and energy. People tend to overcome differences if there are common goals, sometimes religions help with this and sometimes not. But in America, things are looking like they are becoming increasingly balkanized as people fight over the troughs for a bigger cut of the slop. I imagine Ancient Rome had similar shit hitting the fan.

FkLA
02-05-2013, 03:30 AM
^Real beaners dont get shit handed to them tbh. The illegals are too paranoid and afraid to even try. The legals are here to work, we know how much better we have it than the rest of our be@ner brethren stuck in Mexico. The ghetto mexican-americans you see here who are on welfare with a bunch of kids with different women/men arent real beaners...those faggots wont hesitate to look down on and call someone like me a wetback. Theyre mayateros. They live for the same rap culture the blacks live for. Fuck them tbh.

HI-FI
02-05-2013, 03:42 AM
^Real beaners dont get shit handed to them tbh. The illegals are too paranoid and afraid to even try. The legals are here to work, we know how much better we have it than the rest of our be@ner brethren stuck in Mexico. The ghetto mexican-americans you see here who are on welfare with a bunch of kids with different women/men arent real beaners...those faggots wont hesitate to look down on and call someone like me a wetback. Theyre mayateros. They live for the same rap culture the blacks live for. Fuck them tbh.
fair point. and as much racist shit as i joke around about on here, i don't blame some of these shittier segments of the population from taking advantage of the system when the system is clearly fucked. it's like Mexico, with the resources they have, there is no reason to leave their country and cross a desert except for the colossal shithole their government has created, to which our gov is more than happy to help, probably because we are receiving cheaper oil or something on the side.

StrengthAndHonor
02-05-2013, 03:53 AM
Personally, I've never felt segregated. Racism? Yes. I'm half ethiopian and mexican. Growing up is a bit hard especially when your parents are both minimum income earners. But they managed to raise me right and now I'm a year away from graduating on our local community colllege. They're my inspiration so I want to be succesful for them.

I think the most intense discrimination i've felt was when I started dating my current GF who is Italian. I mean her parents are blatant. They would seriously belittle my fathers country and say how lucky we are because we're in this country. I'm non confrontational and I love my GF so I just treat it as a joke. My GF told me her parents are just traditional Italians and I shouldnt take it personal because they're practically ignorant with current social issues

Its sad because they don't see my intentions and goals in life. All they see is my skin color. Smh.

FkLA
02-05-2013, 03:56 AM
fair point. and as much racist shit as i joke around about on here, i don't blame some of these shittier segments of the population from taking advantage of the system when the system is clearly fucked. it's like Mexico, with the resources they have, there is no reason to leave their country and cross a desert except for the colossal shithole their government has created, to which our gov is more than happy to help, probably because we are receiving cheaper oil or something on the side.

I do. It aint perfect here, but this is still as good of a country to live in as any. Opportunity is everywhere. This is heaven compared to Mexico or any other southern and central american country. Have some ambition and do something with your life or at the very least have the decency to hold a real job. Abusing the system is for pussies tbh.

Personally, I've never felt segregated. Racism? Yes. I'm half ethiopian and mexican. Growing up is a bit hard especially when your parents are both minimum income earners. But they managed to raise me right and now I'm a year away from graduating on our local community colllege. They're my inspiration so I want to be succesful for them.

Good for you, brah. Im in a similar situation. :tu

This is why our parents sacrificed for us in hopes that we end up bettering ourselves, no to end up on welfare with a bunch of kids.

spurraider21
02-05-2013, 04:15 AM
ugh. sick and tired of race card used for everything.

if the ideal is all people truly treated equally (not just treated equally, but seen and thought of as equal) then stop pointing out that "hey we're different" and so on and so forth.
i'll get it out there. i'm white. never had a problem with any dude for being black or any specific color. have a good number of friends and coworkers from all sorts of ethnic backgrounds. i never even consider ethnicity when judging people i first meet, and usually it almost goes unnoticed... until they bring it up. only after it is routinely brought up and brought into our attention when i truly think of people of other race as truly different... because they keep announcing how they're different.

using the race card only emboldens the line between races, because you are bringing racial differences into the public eye.

granted, there ARE too many racists around (and racism works both ways tbh), but these constant reminders of racial differences is only going to hinder progress which is an eventual state of society where racial differences go completely unnoticed

in addition: jokes are just that. jokes. religion jokes are funny. race jokes are funny. gender jokes are funny. i could literally walk around saying nothing but race jokes, but that wouldn't make me a racist. being racist is when you dislike people strictly for their ethnic background or skin color... being racist doesn't mean you crack jokes at a certain people's expense. it means you dislike a certain people

spurraider21
02-05-2013, 04:22 AM
is there a link to this? I'm actually more interested in what EJ has to say than Barkley, who is hilarious but a total dumbass.

edit...here is a link. episode is supposed to be on tomorrow.

http://vimeo.com/58641461
lol ernie taking the rest to school with a simple vocabulary lesson.

spurraider21
02-05-2013, 04:26 AM
Tbh it's not whites segregating themselves from blacks. It's all groups segregating themselves from others. It is a general rule. There are exceptions. But I lived in Dallas and you could draw a map of the area of the city that had blacks, whites, Asians, and Hispanics. Some of it was economics, but a lot of it was people choosing to love with people that look like themselves because that is what they are comfortable with.

I also think a lot of it is natural and not learned. I don't think parents teach their kids not to play with someone from another race generally. I think a lot of folks just feel more comfortable with people that look like them.
agreed. people don't realize that racism works both ways. its not always whites vs others. sometimes its others vs others. i go to UCLA and have a job there where there are PLENTY of races mixed. but you still have clicks. most white people hang with other white people. Im going to stress the word most because i have friends/play ball with a ton of people, but im speaking general. most of my friends are white, sure. most asians i see kick it with other asians. i dont see white people throwing a fit "how come the blacks are separating themselves from us, treating us differently."

lol racism works all way. i find it weird that people can be so hypocritical about it, complaining about racism when they themselves are racist

spurraider21
02-05-2013, 04:28 AM
:worthy: jermaine

jermaine
02-05-2013, 06:58 AM
:lol all the blacks quick to place the racecar. again (as usual) whenever they're the most racist group in 2013. this isn't 1800 anymore, hypocrites. maybe if everyone just quit worrying about who's racist like some mccarthy witch hunt we could all get on with our lives in peace tbh.
Not all blacks play the race card. But you tell me this. I grew up in Garland Tx. I had this lil white homeboy name Justin. Him mom treated me like i was her son. 5yrs this went on. The day my dad died i missed school an her house got broken into. She sent the police to my house blaming me. When she found out i missed school cuz my dad died, she didnt bother to say sorry. She just forbid him to be around me again. Whats that?

jermaine
02-05-2013, 07:29 AM

Let me make a point to you. Like I said, I grew up in Garland Tx. I didnt know racism existed like that at that time cuz blacks an white but mostly whites was cool with one another. I was in a English an history class with 9th graders in Garland. When my dad died, mom fell on hard times an we had to move to the hood. I went to Skyline high school. When I transfered in, those same classes in in Garland I was in classes for 9th graders. At skyline I was in classes with seniors. My piont is in yhe hood you dont get the best education. But as you say anout unemployment, I dont know the numbers but im not proud of the people I know who's ok with welfare. I get up at 2am some mornings to go to work. Driving buses to get working people to work. So I hate people who rather wait for a hand out.

jermaine
02-05-2013, 07:36 AM
I recorded that show.. Erine was taking them niggas to school an a whole nother level. He telling them the real meaning of segregation. Barkley looking stupid on that one. Lmmfao

Captivus
02-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Are those brown people african negroes or south American Indian / European half breeds?
American Indians / European half breeds. There are some countries that have black people, like Brazil (Portugal emigration). Spain and Italy are the countries that controlled Argentina / Uruguay / Chile (?). Im talking about 500 years ago.

The poor are always stereotyped but I dont think thats what goes on in America when it comes to blacks tbh. There are assholes that do dislike black people simply because of their color or because theyre from ghettos but I think the majority of people dislike them for other reasons...reasons the black community has brought on themselves tbh. Like I said earlier the stuff they glorify is stupid, the way they live makes no sense at all. Dont see it changing anytime soon either unless the black community changes their mindset and stops being so enamored with the rap/hip-hop culture. Having a bunch of your people locked up/dead and unemployed+a bunch of your women as single moms and objectified is nothing to be proud of as a people.

Black people are some of the liveliest, happiest, and friendly people in the world. If they could just drop the whole hip-hop/rap bullshit theyd be some of the most beloved people in society tbh.

I think this is a chicken-egg thing. I dont know what goes on in the US, but in Argentina, the government isnt helping any of these people. they said they do, but they dont. Governments always take advantage of the poor. In Argentina poor people have kids just so they can collect some money for free, and many dont want to get a job, because if they get it, the government is gonna stop giving them money, they rather have $100 and barely eat, than have $1000 and work. But like I said, thats a consequence of poverty, they are not born like that (thats racism).
Its discrimination to the poor, and most poor are not white. So it gets mix up.

jermaine
02-05-2013, 09:11 AM
American Indians / European half breeds. There are some countries that have black people, like Brazil (Portugal emigration). Spain and Italy are the countries that controlled Argentina / Uruguay / Chile (?). Im talking about 500 years ago.

I think this is a chicken-egg thing. I dont know what goes on in the US, but in Argentina, the government isnt helping any of these people. they said they do, but they dont. Governments always take advantage of the poor. In Argentina poor people have kids just so they can collect some money for free, and many dont want to get a job, because if they get it, the government is gonna stop giving them money, they rather have $100 and barely eat, than have $1000 and work. But like I said, thats a consequence of poverty, they are not born like that (thats racism).
Its discrimination to the poor, and most poor are not white. So it gets mix up.
Like you, I only speak on things I know an see. Its the same way in most black communities. Most women are happy with welfare an I dont blame them. My mom has had a house in Cedar Hill, Tx when it was quite. Now its alot of us moving out there an with the way houses on the market couldnt get sold, they turned to section 8 cuz its automatic money for the home owner. Then they let welfare women move in an they pay fucking $20 tp $200 for a 4 bedroom hoyse in a great area. An half them cant even pay that.

jermaine
02-05-2013, 09:23 AM
An I personally think Mexicans (not the young ones who tries to be hip hop who dont even know Spanish) ) are the best race out there. They come together to help one another. They do jobs others wont do. Never complain. Take care of their kids. An we wouldn't have streets to walk on, houses to live in if it wasn't for them. An pretty soon yo ass wont be able to order your food if you dont know Spanish!

Riddler
02-05-2013, 09:26 AM
An I personally think Mexicans (not the young ones who tries to be hip hop who dont even know Spanish) ) are the best race out there. They come together to help one another. They do jobs others wont do. Never complain. Take care of their kids. An we wouldn't have streets to walk on, houses to live in if it wasn't for them. An pretty soon yo ass wont be able to order your food if you dont know Spanish!

:lmao They let their kids live at home for eternity

Riddler
02-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Then you have black racist against blacks. Light skin/dark skin war. Dated a few Mexican chicks and they said they didn't consider me fully black because of my skin tone, how I act and how I speak. I don't date black women, unless they're mixed.

jermaine
02-05-2013, 09:51 AM
I wish I new how to post pictures. I got Papichulo tatted on the back of my arms.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-05-2013, 12:37 PM
It WAS the history of the United States that classes of immigrants came over and were at the bottom of the ladder. They were discriminated against. This was true of Irish, Italians, Poles, etc. The difference was that over a few generations they assimilated into the American melting pot. I firmly believe that would have happened with blacks after the 1964 Civil Rights legislation passed because of across the board support from the Republican Party. The Dems were largely against it. After that the Dems decided to BUY the Black vote by continuously giving them more and more goodies, thus stopping them from assimilating into the society. As long as Blacks are "protected" by quotas, receive an above-average share of welfare payments, etc. White America will harbor some resentment. Slavery ended almost 150 years ago (thanks to a Republican president who was ultimately assasinated for it). I am part of an interracial family. Until Blacks look at themselves as Americans first and not Black first there will not be a true assimilation. The Dems have figured out that the only way they can maintain power is to keep the country divided. If one looks at the history of the world's great empires this is something that typically occurs during the 7th and final stage of an empire. During our lifetimes, probably in the next 10 to 20 years we will see China become the world's super power with the US delegated to 2nd tier status. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Bingo

Les_Grossman
02-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Like you, I only speak on things I know an see. Its the same way in most black communities. Most women are happy with welfare an I dont blame them. My mom has had a house in Cedar Hill, Tx when it was quite. Now its alot of us moving out there an with the way houses on the market couldnt get sold, they turned to section 8 cuz its automatic money for the home owner. Then they let welfare women move in an they pay fucking $20 tp $200 for a 4 bedroom hoyse in a great area. An half them cant even pay that.

Shut up, dickhead. A nutless monkey could post better than you. Now go fuck yourself.

Budkin
02-05-2013, 01:08 PM

Poverty is a bitch.

Damn that's depressing as fuck.

rayjayjohnson
02-05-2013, 02:55 PM
both chuck and EJ are right.

there's still segregation, it's just not as blatant

FkLA
02-05-2013, 03:02 PM
It WAS the history of the United States that classes of immigrants came over and were at the bottom of the ladder. They were discriminated against. This was true of Irish, Italians, Poles, etc. The difference was that over a few generations they assimilated into the American melting pot. I firmly believe that would have happened with blacks after the 1964 Civil Rights legislation passed because of across the board support from the Republican Party. The Dems were largely against it. After that the Dems decided to BUY the Black vote by continuously giving them more and more goodies, thus stopping them from assimilating into the society. As long as Blacks are "protected" by quotas, receive an above-average share of welfare payments, etc. White America will harbor some resentment. Slavery ended almost 150 years ago (thanks to a Republican president who was ultimately assasinated for it). I am part of an interracial family. Until Blacks look at themselves as Americans first and not Black first there will not be a true assimilation. The Dems have figured out that the only way they can maintain power is to keep the country divided. If one looks at the history of the world's great empires this is something that typically occurs during the 7th and final stage of an empire. During our lifetimes, probably in the next 10 to 20 years we will see China become the world's super power with the US delegated to 2nd tier status. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Does the government force black people to be complacent and take advantage of the welfare system ?

Trill Clinton
02-05-2013, 03:54 PM
As long as Blacks are "protected" by quotas, receive an above-average share of welfare payments, etc. White America will harbor some resentment. Slavery ended almost 150 years ago (thanks to a Republican president who was ultimately assasinated for it). I am part of an interracial family. Until Blacks look at themselves as Americans first and not Black first there will not be a true assimilation. The Dems have figured out that the only way they can maintain power is to keep the country divided. If one looks at the history of the world's great empires this is something that typically occurs during the 7th and final stage of an empire. During our lifetimes, probably in the next 10 to 20 years we will see China become the world's super power with the US delegated to 2nd tier status. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-psSaCpk6VKY/UGM3edtIV8I/AAAAAAAADPE/BkC8uaKjoAg/s1600/michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Dr. Robert Lee
02-05-2013, 03:58 PM

I agree with this and you can see it the world over. It's just natural for people want to be with people with which they are similar with. It's probably unfortunate, but it's not surprising.

hater
02-05-2013, 04:38 PM
just wait till the economy collapses and there'll be nobody to blame but the black man :lol

jermaine
02-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Shut up, dickhead. A nutless monkey could post better than you. Now go fuck yourself.
I laugh at mental midgets like yourself. But your thought of me is your thoughts. You have that right to think. An your right, I do beat my meat cuz I love me some me!

hater
02-05-2013, 04:46 PM
LOL Jermaine owning the thread

Les_Grossman
02-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I laugh at mental midgets like yourself. But your thought of me is your thoughts. You have that right to think. An your right, I do beat my meat cuz I love me some me!

Jermaine, from now on my fist is going to be so far up your shithole that every time you have a thought, it's gonna have to tiptoe past my wedding ring.

Koolaid_Man
02-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Jermaine, from now on my fist is going to be so far up your shithole that every time you have a thought, it's gonna have to tiptoe past my wedding ring.

hey dude lay off Jermaine he's an NBA forum good guy...feel free to pick on me...I'm considered a sanctimonious little piece of shit

Captivus
02-05-2013, 05:36 PM
The thread animosity is escalating quickly!

Besides...everybody knows that my dick is do big that I am already fucking your mothers...tomorrow!
On-Topic: My dick is black

Destro
02-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Race isn't the problem. You guys don't have a problem with race you mostly have issues with poverty. From reading all of your comments none of you have a problem with a middle class working family. All of you are pointing out problems with poor blacks, poor mexicans, or poor whites.

Maybe it's time to admit that you don't like poor people...unless it's poor people like you and not poor like those "others"

jermaine
02-05-2013, 06:58 PM
You remind me of this slut I use to fuck. Whenever she wanted the dick, she would act out so I could come be her back out. An this wedding ring you speak of. You married a tranny, so uou must live in a state that aloow same sex marriage. So sad so sad.

Brazil
02-05-2013, 07:19 PM
American Indians / European half breeds. There are some countries that have black people, like Brazil (Portugal emigration).

The fuck??

Les_Grossman
02-05-2013, 07:52 PM
You remind me of this slut I use to fuck. Whenever she wanted the dick, she would act out so I could come be her back out. An this wedding ring you speak of. You married a tranny, so uou must live in a state that aloow same sex marriage. So sad so sad.

Look fuck-stick, I'm incredibly busy, so why don't you get the hell out of here before I snap your dick off and jam it into your ass.

Les_Grossman
02-05-2013, 07:54 PM
hey dude lay off Jermaine he's an NBA forum good guy...feel free to pick on me...I'm considered a sanctimonious little piece of shit

Who might you be?

Captivus
02-05-2013, 08:10 PM
The fuck??
What? There are black people in Brazil.

Brazil
02-05-2013, 09:31 PM
What? There are black people in Brazil.

No doubt but I don't get the (Portugal emigration) ???

ElNono
02-05-2013, 09:33 PM

you don't? :lol

Brazil was a Portuguese colony back in the day...

Brazil
02-05-2013, 09:39 PM
you don't? :lol

Brazil was a Portuguese colony back in the day...

Thanks Elnono... Really you think I had an American education or something ? I speak fluently Portuguese and i live here in brazil. Still I don't get the black in brazil / Portugal emigration. Btw and fwiw the story of brazil is a little bit more complex than saying it was a Portugues colony tbh.

ElNono
02-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks Elnono... Really you think I had an American education or something ? I speak fluently Portuguese and i live here in brazil. Still I don't get the black in brazil / Portugal emigration. Btw and fwiw the story of brazil is a little bit more complex than saying it was a Portugues colony tbh.

Sure, those are the cliff notes. For the full blown thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Empire

Brazil
02-05-2013, 09:44 PM
I guess captives point was that there are blacks (african ones) in brazil because of slavery linked to The colonization of Portugal which is globally true even if the French the Dutch...are also responsible. At the end of the day having blacks in brazil has nothing to do with portugal EMIGRATION but colonization.

ElNono
02-05-2013, 09:46 PM
I guess captives point was that there are blacks (african ones) in brazil because of slavery linked to The colonization of Portugal which is globally true even if the French the Dutch...are also responsible. At the end of the day having blacks in brazil has nothing to do with portugal EMIGRATION but colonization.

are you talking to me?

Brazil
02-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Not sure I'm clear... Dpg get your ass here

Brazil
02-05-2013, 09:47 PM
are you talking to me?

You and captivus and the whole world tbh

ElNono
02-05-2013, 09:48 PM
You and captivus and the whole world tbh

I agree WITH CHU man...

Brazil
02-05-2013, 09:51 PM
I agree WITH CHU man...

Maybe this captivus guy thinks Portugal is an African country or something :lol. Are you wasted nono?

ElNono
02-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Maybe this captivus guy thinks Portugal is an African country or something :lol. Are you wasted nono?

nope. just chilling... about to resume playing Dark Space 3...

Brazil
02-05-2013, 09:56 PM
nope. just chilling... about to resume playing Dark Space 3...

:tu

Captivus
02-05-2013, 10:09 PM

500 years ago:
England - US
Portugal - Brazil
Spain - Argentina

That's all. At least "language wise" (not sure if that's a correct expression).
Even today England and Portugal have more blacks than Spain.

Red Hawk #21
01-27-2015, 12:44 PM
:tu Great thread tbh