PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Bond between Wade, Crean remains strong

scanry
02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Bond between Wade, Crean remains strong

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/common/medialib/264/738939.jpg

Tom Crean and Dwyane Wade share an instant bond that dates back to their days at Marquette. (Craig Jones-Getty Images)

January 31, 2013

This might be the age of instant information, but Tom Crean found a way to turn back the clock.

On May 17, 2012, Dwyane Wade had one of the worst nights of his NBA career. The Miami guard shot just 2 of 13 for five points in a playoff loss at Indiana. He got into a heated argument on the bench with Heat coach Erik Spoelstra. And, most damaging, Miami was walloped 94-75 to fall behind 2-1 in an Eastern Conference semifinal.

An hour south of Indianapolis in Bloomington, Ind., Crean, the head coach at Indiana, who had been Wade’s coach at Marquette, watched it all unfold. So Crean sprung into action.

He touched base with Wade and then with Spoelstra to make sure he wasn’t stepping on any toes. He invited Wade down to the Indiana campus the next day to get away from it all. And Crean was serious about that.

“The biggest thing he needed was to take a deep breath, and that meant the whole day,’’ Crean said. “So I told my players we didn’t want any Internet in there. I didn’t want ESPN or any sports television in there. We turned off the TVs in the building. (What Wade had gone through in Game 3) was a pretty hot-button topic.’’

Read More...

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/01/31/13/Bond-between-Wade-Crean-remains-strong/landing_heat.html?blockID=857067&feedID=3722

HarlemHeat37
02-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Great article, tbh..

Wade has been through a lot of adversity..drug addict mother, growing up in the hood, having a child in your late teens..he has overcome it all and become a legend..

TIMMYtoZO
02-04-2013, 03:01 PM
This is why I love this guy. Mentally tough person on and off the court. Wade wants rings and will accept any role to get them.

:lol At people thinking he is going to go to shit very soon. He will be a damn good sidekick for several more seasons.

Juggity
02-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Wade is less than 3 years away from being useless on the court

TrainOfThought5
02-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Wade is less than 3 years away from being useless on the court

HGH will extend his career, tbh

Juggity
02-04-2013, 03:23 PM
HGH will extend his career, tbh

It already has tbh. Not sure how much longer it'll last, but his body and skills are already declining.