PDA

View Full Version : was this gam rigged?

whitemamba
02-04-2013, 10:48 AM
random blackout, changes the game completely.. possibly a pass interference no call at the end?

J.T.
02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
No conspiracy that was just the city of New Orleans delivering a fuck you to Goodell by turning the lights off on the Super Bowl

stretch
02-04-2013, 10:59 AM
The game wasn't rigged at all. The refs simply allowed a physical game. For every no-call that the Ravens, got, you can find a no-call that the 49ers got.

JoeTait75
02-04-2013, 11:02 AM
The game wasn't rigged at all. The refs simply allowed a physical game. For every no-call that the Ravens, got, you can find a no-call that the 49ers got.

Exactly. SF got away with a blatant PI on Culliver hanging onto Torrey Smith's jersey and a blatant helmet-to-helmet on Ray Rice. I wouldn't have called PI on that fade to Crabtree either. Would have been really ticky-tack in that situation.

Dex
02-04-2013, 11:03 AM
49ers should've kept it on the ground at the 5-yard line. Tried three straight time to force throws into the right side of the end-zone. Particularly that last pass....didn't have a man open when he threw the ball, and even if it weren't for the hold, probably no way to catch that ball in-bounds.

Kaepernick decided to play hero ball, and it cost them.

stretch
02-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Exactly. SF got away with a blatant PI on Culliver hanging onto Torrey Smith's jersey and a blatant helmet-to-helmet on Ray Rice. I wouldn't have called PI on that fade to Crabtree either. Would have been really ticky-tack in that situation.

And Crabtree was putting his hands in the face of the defender, shoving and everything too. They could have called PI both ways, but just allowed it to slide. The problem with that play was that it was a busted play, because Kap started the play without calling out blitz assignments, and it allowed a guy to come in completely untouched. There were multiple occasions down the stretch where Kap was too impatient to look for and call out potential blitzes, and it bit him in the butt.

Then there was the garbage "running into the kicker call" where Akers actually only got touched because he fell on top of the 49ers player, as well as the time when Flacco was clearly running out of bounds after throwing the ball, and that defensive lineman hit him to the ground considerably after he was out of bounds (with no call).

The officiating was certainly anything but one-sided. It was generally even all around.

stretch
02-04-2013, 11:09 AM
49ers should've kept it on the ground at the 5-yard line. Tried three straight time to force throws into the right side of the end-zone. Particularly that last pass....didn't have a man open when he threw the ball, and even if it weren't for the hold, probably no way to catch that ball in-bounds.

Running designed roll-outs is what killed them IMO. It takes away Kap's ability to create with his legs, because the entire defense already shifts to his side. I don't have a problem with passing, but they should have went spread and just allow him to read and react. That is when SF had the most offensive success throughout the game.

Fabbs
02-04-2013, 11:11 AM

perfect pass. If the grabbing of the jersey/arm wrap does not hold Crabtree up that is a perfect pass.

Harbaugh knows by now, the NFL just like the NBA has the idiotic "Whats a penalty/foul during the whole game is not called at the end" bullshit.
Consensus is certainly run on 2nd and 5.

monosylab1k
02-04-2013, 11:16 AM
The game was called fairly, but that last play to Trabtree was pretty blatant holding. The whole "Trabtree was interfering too" point isn't valid cuz they were within five yards until the end zone. After that Trabtree pretty clearly lets go and tries for the ball while the defender is still grabbing past 5 yards. Absolutely should have been defensive holding, but shitty execution on all 4 plays in the red zone is what killed SF, not one bad no call.

Trill Clinton
02-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Running designed roll-outs is what killed them IMO. It takes away Kap's ability to create with his legs, because the entire defense already shifts to his side. I don't have a problem with passing, but they should have went spread and just allow him to read and react. That is when SF had the most offensive success throughout the game.

IA

the playcalling on that last possession was horrendous. like you said, they should have spread them out and used the zone read instead.

monosylab1k
02-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Plus Gore was finally getting some momentum at the end. Should have given him another run.

Creepn
02-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Crabtree was denied the right to make his play and that has to be called, especially in the end zone. The 49ers were robbed.

Bill_Brasky
02-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Game wasn't rigged. You could say that if that 3rd and 9 was a PI the past play should have been too, but the Niners got away with plenty.

stretch
02-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Game wasn't rigged. You could say that if that 3rd and 9 was a PI the past play should have been too, but the Niners got away with plenty.

This.

The last play was questionable, but understandable why the refs allowed it to go since there was a lot of contact the entire time, initiated by both.

But people who say the 49ers got robbed or whatever are out of their minds. They shot themselves in the foot with awful penalties, a poor 1st half, and overly conservative playcalling.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2013, 11:59 AM

That superbowl must have sucked for you

JoeTait75
02-04-2013, 12:12 PM
That superbowl must have sucked for you

I'm a Browns fan, not a 49ers fan. I wasn't exactly rooting for Baltimore but I didn't lose sleep over the result. I have enough problems with my own teams to start taking on the losses of other peoples'.

Anyway, Modell not getting into the HOF made my weekend.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Ninerfan has been blaming the refs non-stop, tbh... I have very little sympathy considering their last Super Bowl win was stolen from the Chargers through blatant cheating of the salary cap, and also considering the Niners were holding on every down last night......

DeadlyDynasty
02-04-2013, 01:16 PM
:lmaoare you fucking kidding me? Watch the tape and you'll see Chris Culliver committed egregious holding, illegal contact, or DPI on EVERY SINGLE PASS THROWN HIS WAY. He got called for only 2 penalties despite raping receivers all night. As JoeTait said, his illegal contact/holding on Torrey Smith's sure-TD was a blatant no-call. and to Fabbs--perfectly thrown pass? :rollin Is it any wonder why you're thought of as a mongoloid on this forum? Manute Bol wouldn't have gotten his hands on that rocket.

Chinook
02-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Did anyone else notice that Arthur Jones looks like Dejuan Blair?

dbreiden83080
02-04-2013, 04:39 PM
They guy that pulled the plug was a 49ers fan..

Fabbs
02-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Game rigged no i dont think so.
However 49ers db Culliver looks rigged on this play:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2113919/jacobytd.gif
Not so much misjudging the ball, bad as that was as the ball came down.
But rather after the catch. Jacoby Jones gives a super weak fake, watch Cullivers legs. Its like he fake went for it but really wasn't faked out at all. Cement shoes.

Also one of the crappiest two man DBs on one WRs lack of team work in SuperBowl ever.
As with the Denver playoff game, Flacco will get knob slobbed for what amounts to chucking up a hail mary. Well, not as much a hailer as vs Denver but to a lesser extent same thing. Total db failure as opposed to any "great" offensive play.