PDA

View Full Version : Baynes Recalled from Austin Toros

Embedded
02-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Spurs Recall Aron Baynes from Austin Toroshttp://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites-nbateams/release/spurs/sites/spurs/files/imagecache/nba_standard/130201_baynes_300.jpg

D. Clarke Evans/NBAE/Getty Images

SAN ANTONIO (February 4, 2013) – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have recalled center Aron Baynes from the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League.
Baynes appeared in two games for the Toros after being assigned to Austin on Feb. 1. He averaged 18.0 points and 9.0 rebounds in 27.5 minutes in his first D-League assignment.
Signed by the Spurs on January 23, Baynes has appeared in two games for the Silver and Black, averaging 3.5 points and 4.5 rebounds in 9.5 minutes.

Dr. Robert Lee
02-04-2013, 02:13 PM
ROID RAGE

FromWayDowntown
02-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Such a shame that the Spurs sent him down, got him hurt, and deprived themselves of the championship level difference that Baynes would have contributed to the 2012-13 team.

Spur|n|Austin
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Such a shame that the Spurs sent him down, got him hurt, and deprived themselves of the championship level difference that Baynes would have contributed to the 2012-13 team.

I think the reports are that he's not hurt at all.

Leetonidas
02-04-2013, 02:20 PM
^ :lmao

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-04-2013, 02:46 PM
:lol

wyn50
02-04-2013, 03:09 PM
seems like he is ok since they recalling him back.

hooperflash
02-04-2013, 03:15 PM
assigned ... recalled.. meh, what else is new ? lol :tongue

BatManu20
02-04-2013, 03:29 PM
He's back! This is what Pop awoke to this morning.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/dkr-banefadeaway.gif

Cry Havoc
02-04-2013, 03:35 PM

Not sure if sarcasm, but I think it's a verified fact that the key to every title run is having a 5th big man off the bench.

Cane
02-04-2013, 03:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA6Ue9qLwzs

Let the games begin, commissioner

MaineSpursFan
02-04-2013, 03:58 PM

HELL YES

Paranoid Pop
02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Not sure if sarcasm, but I think it's a verified fact that the key to every title run is having a 5th big man off the bench.

Who the hell is the fourth big man lol?

ThaBigFundamental21
02-04-2013, 04:09 PM
I hope he can get 10 minutes with Tim out. Highly unlikely, I know.

AussieFanKurt
02-04-2013, 04:28 PM
He'll start every game and will take us to the 5th championship!

Darkwaters
02-04-2013, 04:28 PM

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/matt-bonner-2011-3-23-22-50-21.jpg

SupremeGuy
02-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Not sure if sarcasm, but I think it's a verified fact that the key to every title run is having a 5th big man off the bench.:lmao

illusioNtEk
02-04-2013, 05:49 PM
BONNER TO THE RESCUE!!!!!!!!!

Supreme_Being
02-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Our b-squad is now complete (Blair, bonner, boris and baynes)

Mel_13
02-04-2013, 06:01 PM
“It was a plan to go up there and get some game fitness back,” Baynes said. “It wasn’t going to be a long stay. Just go up and get some work and come back — try and get me a step-ahead-type thing.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/02/04/duncans-shooting-practice-a-welcome-sight-to-teammates/

ChumpDumper
02-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I guess they left out the quote where he complained about the high entry pass.

playblair
02-04-2013, 06:59 PM
http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/matt-bonner-2011-3-23-22-50-21.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_DxcKlPwZY

maverick1948
02-04-2013, 10:46 PM

Bonner :toast :bang

BackHome
02-04-2013, 11:30 PM
This always happens to the Spurs around this time someone gets hurt and gives playing time to a player like Baynes. Also I think this is going to really help Splitter he has been playing well and they are going to have to play him major minutes so hoping both players get confidence for the drive for five..:)

Gagnrath
02-05-2013, 01:43 AM
You can assign any player to the D league now right? Wonder what happens if next time Pop feels like resting Duncan, TP or Manu if he assigns them to the D league with their approval of course..... Oh Hi Stern TD needs development. :P

Darkwaters
02-05-2013, 03:45 AM
You can assign any player to the D league now right? Wonder what happens if next time Pop feels like resting Duncan, TP or Manu if he assigns them to the D league with their approval of course..... Oh Hi Stern TD needs development. :P

If they're rehabbing an injury it could actually make sense. Amare Stoudemire was already a max deal player when he tore his ACL. The next summer he played Summer League to get some 5x5 action going. I could see a game or two in Austin for similar purposes.

Darkwaters
02-05-2013, 03:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_DxcKlPwZY

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-74C6ZP3e_UQ/Tb_sNuZKrBI/AAAAAAAAFkE/RrLWWJFJ8VQ/s1600/matadorG_800x614.jpg

ElNono
02-05-2013, 03:59 AM
Something to look forward to if we're up 20 or down 20...

AussieFanKurt
02-05-2013, 04:04 AM
Something to look forward to if we're up 20 or down 20...

nah he'll start son

Manufan909
02-05-2013, 04:28 AM
nah he'll start son

you crazy brah

AussieFanKurt
02-05-2013, 04:41 AM
you crazy brah

as if scrah! confidence!

99 Problems
02-05-2013, 06:05 AM
Red Mamba mentoring Baynesy, we a machine.

TJastal
02-05-2013, 09:19 AM
“It was a plan to go up there and get some game fitness back,” Baynes said. “It wasn’t going to be a long stay. Just go up and get some work and come back — try and get me a step-ahead-type thing.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/02/04/duncans-shooting-practice-a-welcome-sight-to-teammates/

It was "a plan"... love the wording he uses there... Basically saying, "Hey thanks for the thought and effort but I hope to hell I won't have to go back there again."

TJastal
02-05-2013, 09:24 AM
I guess they left out the quote where he complained about the high entry pass.

Seems he left out the quote about getting kneed & knocked off balance too. I guess we can all assume it must not have happened.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Seems he left out the quote about getting kneed & knocked off balance too. I guess we can all assume it must not have happened.Or we can assume neither was unusual nor a big deal at all.

EricB
02-05-2013, 11:40 AM
It was "a plan"... love the wording he uses there... Basically saying, "Hey thanks for the thought and effort but I hope to hell I won't have to go back there again."

Slip the aluminum foil hat off Billy Ray.

pad300
02-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Our b-squad is now complete (Blair, bonner, boris and baynes)

Too many B-level Big Boys... :p

ChumpDumper
02-05-2013, 02:16 PM
It was "a plan"... love the wording he uses there... Basically saying, "Hey thanks for the thought and effort but I hope to hell I won't have to go back there again.":lol Do you even realize how crazy you are?

T Park
02-05-2013, 10:04 PM

very well done with the lack of highlights.

On twitter he seems to have embraced the nickname a tad when some have tweeted it to him.

Poolboy5623
02-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Going to see him and the crew tomorrow night in Minneapolis...first row, center court, bench side...pretty stoked.

TJastal
02-06-2013, 05:08 AM
Or we can assume neither was unusual nor a big deal at all.

LOL @ thinking a 7 footer weighing close to 260-270 going down hard and awkwardly after doing a full on vertical is no big thing. You're the crazy buffoon here.

I GUARAN-FUCKING-TEE you his career flashed before his eyes when he came down HARD and AWKWARDLY and he is VERY thankful to have been called back up from that shithole you cherish so much.

chapnis
02-06-2013, 05:25 AM
All of a sudden every time a player falls down its supposed to be a career ending injury, not sure what you're smoking tjastal...

TJastal
02-06-2013, 05:55 AM
All of a sudden every time a player falls down its supposed to be a career ending injury, not sure what you're smoking tjastal...

This wasn't some 6'2" 180 lb waterbug like Tony Parker (although it would have been risky even so)...we're talking about a guy who is approximately a foot taller and close to 100 lbs heavier. The risk of a serious injury from a nasty fall like that goes up ten-fold if not a hundred-fold. Plus we are not talking about a casual fall here you numbnutz. The guy was in a full vertical jump, and his vertical is quite impressive for a man his size. Think about it for a second, and if you still think it was no big deal and nothing to worry about, I want the name and number of your doctor because he must be prescribing you some really nice weed.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2013, 11:16 AM
LOL @ thinking a 7 footer weighing close to 260-270 going down hard and awkwardly after doing a full on vertical is no big thing. You're the crazy buffoon here.

I GUARAN-FUCKING-TEE you his career flashed before his eyes when he came down HARD and AWKWARDLY and he is VERY thankful to have been called back up from that shithole you cherish so much.You can't guarantee anything. Breathlessly bolding text doesn't make your opinion true. You're trying like hell to confirm your bias and it just isn't working. Dude had a niggle that could have happened anywhere at any level.

I don't cherish Bakersfield. Austin is nice though tbh.

TJastal
02-06-2013, 06:23 PM
You can't guarantee anything. Breathlessly bolding text doesn't make your opinion true. You're trying like hell to confirm your bias and it just isn't working. Dude had a niggle that could have happened anywhere at any level.

I don't cherish Bakersfield. Austin is nice though tbh.

Reading your takes is like listening to a parrot .. "Dude had a niggle!" "Dude had a niggle!" "Squuuuawwwkkk!"..

What you fail to acknowledge (along with your buddy chapnis) is the potential that existed for a serious injury to occur on a play like that, given the circumstances (Baynes' size & 30 inch vertical).
Yes indeed he ended up with a "niggle". And he was damn lucky that's all it turned out to be.

Unfortunately you will probably read this and it will fail to register anything.. The only thing that will pop into your brain will be the "Dude had a niggle!" catchphrase and then your brain will shortcircuit and auto-reset, and you will begin to blather on about your current likes and dislikes of your favorite league.

Wildcat67
02-06-2013, 07:30 PM
A big player falling and a small player falling have the same risk for injury.

Yes the big player falls further, but he also has bigger bones, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Only a complete moron would say a 7 foot person has 100x more likely to get an injury falling the same way a 6 foot person does.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Reading your takes is like listening to a parrot .. "Dude had a niggle!" "Dude had a niggle!" "Squuuuawwwkkk!"..

What you fail to acknowledge (along with your buddy chapnis) is the potential that existed for a serious injury to occur on a play like that, given the circumstances (Baynes' size & 30 inch vertical).
Yes indeed he ended up with a "niggle". And he was damn lucky that's all it turned out to be.

Unfortunately you will probably read this and it will fail to register anything.. The only thing that will pop into your brain will be the "Dude had a niggle!" catchphrase and then your brain will shortcircuit and auto-reset, and you will begin to blather on about your current likes and dislikes of your favorite league.There is potential for injury in practice, for anything. What you fail to acknowledge is that it just isn't as big a deal as you want it to be. Your agenda took another hit. Sorry, I know you thought you had something there.

Seriously, you are pretty much the only person in the world who is still trying to make an issue of this. I know you wish he tore an ACL or rupure an Achilles so you could be proved right. Didn't work out for you this time.

TJastal
02-07-2013, 06:49 AM
There is potential for injury in practice, for anything. What you fail to acknowledge is that it just isn't as big a deal as you want it to be. Your agenda took another hit. Sorry, I know you thought you had something there.

Seriously, you are pretty much the only person in the world who is still trying to make an issue of this. I know you wish he tore an ACL or rupure an Achilles so you could be proved right. Didn't work out for you this time.

I don't need to wish serious injury on Baynes in order to prove the point, it was made quite clearly without. To reiterate: In the D league you have a lot of sloppy, stupid players; who by their very nature put other players at risk. Add to that you also have disgruntled players. With most likely fading nba dreams, who will not hesitate to employ cheap shots to other players, and especially those players who are clearly much more talented than they. It seems to be a dangerous proposition for a player who won't be seeing big minutes anyway. I think the coaching staff will think twice in the future before sending a valuable commodity like Baynes there for such a frivolous reason. Was the risk worth the reward? Hardly. Baynes would have gotten his wind with steady 10-15 bursts in due time.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I don't need to wish serious injury on Baynes in order to prove the point, it was made quite clearly without. To reiterate: In the D league you have a lot of sloppy, stupid players; who by their very nature put other players at risk. Add to that you also have disgruntled players. With most likely fading nba dreams, who will not hesitate to employ cheap shots to other players, and especially those players who are clearly much more talented than they. It seems to be a dangerous proposition for a player who won't be seeing big minutes anyway. I think the coaching staff will think twice in the future before sending a valuable commodity like Baynes there for such a frivolous reason. Was the risk worth the reward? Hardly. Baynes would have gotten his wind with steady 10-15 bursts in due time.Well, you don't watch Spurs games, so it's more than safe to say you've never watched a D-League game either; your elaborate theory has no basis in fact.

You're completely full of shit.

jjktkk
02-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Well, you don't watch Spurs games, so it's more than safe to say you've never watched a D-League game either; your elaborate theory has no basis in fact.

Tjastals is full of shit. But he really seems to enjoy getting shit on in here. Think the proper term is called Scatophilia. Kinda creepy tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
02-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Tjastals is full of shit. But he really seems to enjoy getting shit on in here. Think the proper term is called Scatophilia. Kinda creepy tbh.

TJastal
02-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Well, you don't watch Spurs games, so it's more than safe to say you've never watched a D-League game either; your elaborate theory has no basis in fact.

You know, I think you're on to something here. Let's all pretend the D league is a bastion of fundamentally sound play where nobody would EVER think of giving another player a cheap shot. I used to pretend sometimes that I was an nba star when I was younger. It sure was fun.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2013, 02:00 PM
You know, I think you're on to something here. Let's all pretend the D league is a bastion of fundamentally sound play where nobody would EVER think of giving another player a cheap shot. I used to pretend sometimes that I was an nba star when I was younger. It sure was fun.Well, you certainly pretend you know something about basketball here.

TJastal
02-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Well, you certainly pretend you know something about basketball here.

Don't suppose you wanna sig-bet on whether or not Baynes gets sent back down to risk his career/health again? I say there is no chance in hell.

jjktkk
02-07-2013, 02:10 PM
I used to pretend sometimes that I was an nba star when I was younger. Now, I pretend I know basketball. It sure is fun.

TJastal
02-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Let's not forget.. reports from the timberwolves' game has it that Baynes was still a huffin' and a puffin'... might be a perfect time for another stint down there.... to catch some "wind"... :lol

ChumpDumper
02-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Let's not forget.. reports from the timberwolves' game has it that Baynes was still a huffin' and a puffin'... might be a perfect time for another stint down there.... to catch some "wind"... :lolThere you go again.

TJastal
02-07-2013, 02:32 PM
That sig bet is open to anyone btw.... not just the forum bitch. Step on up people! Will Baynes get another tour of duty courtesy Pop/mgt? If I lose the bet I will wear a sig of your choice for an entire year!

jjktkk
02-07-2013, 03:07 PM
That sig bet is open to anyone btw.... not just the forum bitch. Step on up people! Will Baynes get another tour of duty courtesy Pop/mgt? If I lose the bet I will wear a sig of your choice for an entire year!

FromWayDowntown
02-07-2013, 03:13 PM
I seriously doubt the Spurs will ever send another NBA quality player down to the D-League again after Nigglegate.

FromWayDowntown
02-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Maybe I should have posted that in blue.

Mel_13
02-07-2013, 03:16 PM
:lol @ Nigglegate.

TJastal
02-07-2013, 04:01 PM
I seriously doubt the Spurs will ever send another NBA quality player down to the D-League again after Nigglegate.

So put up or shut yo mouth, fool!

ChumpDumper
02-07-2013, 06:35 PM
I don't know what their plans are for him. Could go one of many ways depending on a lot of variables. I'd be much more apt to make a prediction after the trade deadline. but seriously, ybig picture: Of course they are going to send a young big man who can jump to the Toros without your stupid fear of injury. If they were afraid Baynes was a fragile as you think he is, they never would have sent him in the first place after Ian actually got an actual injury during a Toros game.

Seriously, if teams were as filled with as much fear as you were, they would have never played a jumpshooter anywhere near Bruce Bowen ever. People involved in professional sports just aren't gaping, bleeding vaginas like you are.