PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

cantthinkofanything
02-04-2013, 02:48 PM
So I'm lazy and tired of trying different diets and I'm too busy to exercise as much as I would like. So I went to a medical weight loss clinic and they gave me a low calorie diet, a vitamin B complex shot, and a prescription for some kind of appetite suppressant. I've lost 16 pounds in three weeks without lifting a finger. As a bonus, the appetite suppressant provides a pretty good energy buzz for most of the day. Haven't really been hungry at all and it's the easiest weight I've ever lost. The most difficult part is not taking more pills later in the day.

mrsmaalox
02-04-2013, 02:53 PM
You are tired of diets so you got a new diet?

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Lifting doesn't do shit for weight loss in the grand scheme of things

Lincoln
02-04-2013, 03:24 PM
How are you too busy to exercise? I see you on ST all day posting stupid shit.

Stop making excuses

mrsmaalox
02-04-2013, 03:27 PM
:lol

cantthinkofanything
02-04-2013, 03:30 PM
You are tired of diets so you got a new diet?

The diet is secondary. I can only eat 800 calories per day. But the pills make it easy.

How are you too busy to exercise? I see you on ST all day posting stupid shit.

Stop making excuses

I think people would have issues if they saw me exercising when I;m supposed to be working.

mrsmaalox
02-04-2013, 03:41 PM
The diet is secondary. I can only eat 800 calories per day. But the pills make it easy.

800 calories?! Well hell, no wonder you're losing! Not sure the shot or pills are doing anything but giving you a little energy while your body consumes itself :lol

FkLA
02-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Unless you plan on eating 800 cals forever youre gonna gain that shit right back once your off them pills brah. Eating a ridiculously low amount can get you some results short term but long term it just fucks you and your metabolism up tbh.

slacker77
02-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Unless you plan on eating 800 cals forever youre gonna gain that shit right back once your off them pills brah. Eating a ridiculously low amount can get you some results short term but long term it just fucks you and your metabolism up tbh.

THIS!!!My aunt did the exact same thing you are doing.While she did lose a good amount of weight,it was not without flaws.First off,she never really did any kind of exercise.So when she finally stopped you could tell she lost alot of weight,but in a swimsuit you could tell her true results.She was the definition of the term skinny-fat.She was also paying 40$ plus weekly for her shots and prescription.Lastly,because this type of diet basically doesn't call for any disipline she gained it all back within a year of quitting.

byrontx
02-04-2013, 04:29 PM

Can't agree with this. I have always toned up better when lifting was part of the equation. If you are just looking at the scale it may not make much difference but you sure will look and feel different. More of the weight is muscle mass and not sloppy fat.

cantthinkofanything
02-04-2013, 04:31 PM
THIS!!!My aunt did the exact same thing you are doing.While she did lose a good amount of weight,it was not without flaws.First off,she never really did any kind of exercise.So when she finally stopped you could tell she lost alot of weight,but in a swimsuit you could tell her true results.She was the definition of the term skinny-fat.She was also paying 40$ plus weekly for her shots and prescription.Lastly,because this type of diet basically doesn't call for any disipline she gained it all back within a year of quitting.

yeah...I don't know. The program is really for obese people that need to lose lots of weight. I'm trying to get from 215 to 180 or so. Once I get down, my goal is to eat healthier and exercise more. I'm not paying for anything other than the cost of the pills so the only downside is probably whatever the poor nutrition and pills do to my body. But I expect to be down to my target weight in another month or so.

lebomb
02-04-2013, 04:37 PM

Thats true to a point.......because muscle weighs more than fat. But, weight lifting will tone what you have....which has a better appearance than just straight losing weight.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Can't agree with this. I have always toned up better when lifting was part of the equation. If you are just looking at the scale it may not make much difference but you sure will look and feel different. More of the weight is muscle mass and not sloppy fat.

Thats true to a point.......because muscle weighs more than fat. But, weight lifting will tone what you have....which has a better appearance than just straight losing weight.

Exercise will get you fit but weight loss is mostly dependent on diet

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2013, 06:29 PM

/thread. Diets built around unnaturally low calorie consumption and pills that reduce your appetite lead to the person putting the weight back on.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Exercise will get you fit but weight loss is mostly dependent on diet

Pretty much. If you're already skinny and don't need to lose weight, exercise makes it so you can care less about diet, but if you want to drop weight in a healthy way it means self control and watching what you eat. The gimmicky ways people try to lose weight lead to health problems

redzero
02-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Did you ever see Requiem for a Dream, cantthinkofanything?

cantthinkofanything
02-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Did you ever see Requiem for a Dream, cantthinkofanything?

I did but I can only remember a couple of scenes. One involving Jennifer Connelly. And one having to do with someone losing a hand or arm or something and being in a car.

Latarian Milton
02-04-2013, 07:08 PM
just select the low-fat food to eat and you won't need much exercise to lose weight imho. exercise burns extra fat but it may also work the opposite way sometimes if you don't care about what or how much you eat. say after heavy loads of exercise you're gonna end up eating more & gaining more weight.

MI21
02-05-2013, 07:51 AM
800 calories? That's crazy. What are you eating?

I watch calories purely to maintain my sub 90kg (198 pounds) and can't imagine only eating 800 a day.. maybe for a week or two, but not consistently over any period of time.

monosylab1k
02-05-2013, 09:22 AM
I did but I can only remember a couple of scenes. One involving Jennifer Connelly. And one having to do with someone losing a hand or arm or something and being in a car.

Going ass to ass burns alot of calories tbqh

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2013, 09:38 AM
lol wasting money on dieting products, when u can do hard drugs and lose weight faster....

cantthinkofanything
02-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Going ass to ass burns alot of calories tbqh

that's the one

cantthinkofanything
02-05-2013, 11:10 AM
800 calories? That's crazy. What are you eating?

I watch calories purely to maintain my sub 90kg (198 pounds) and can't imagine only eating 800 a day.. maybe for a week or two, but not consistently over any period of time.

the first week was mainly all lean protein
the second week, I could add vegetables as long as they didn't have high sugar content
third week, I've added a limited amount of fruits throughout the week

from the beginning to the time you hit your target weight, it's basically no sugar and very limited carbs
which isn't groundbreaking. again, without the appetite suppressant, it'd be impossible for me to function on 800 per day.