PDA

View Full Version : Cory Joseph selected to play in the NBA D-League All-Star Game

ace3g
02-04-2013, 04:20 PM
San Antonio Spurs ‏@spurs (https://twitter.com/spurs) Cory Joseph selected to play in the NBA D-League All-Star Game http://j.mp/Up9iX4 (http://t.co/gkkIagRp) #GoSpursGo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GoSpursGo&src=hash)

superbigtime
02-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Cool. Will Cojo ever crack Spurs rotation? How is he not better than Nando (I thought Nando would be better).

Darkwaters
02-04-2013, 04:26 PM
So this team has 3 All-Stars this year!

playblair
02-04-2013, 04:27 PM
^cojo is absolutely better than nando ............ the roles should be reversed nando should be in d-league ........... cojo should be in the spurs rotation ........

cojo provides everything the spurs currently need in a back up pg ..................

AussieFanKurt
02-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Maybe Nando and him should be swapped or him and Patty

Whisky Dog
02-04-2013, 04:35 PM
I had hopes for Nando but he just doesn't seem like he'll be ready this season. Right now Joseph gives you better defense and about the same offense/ball handling as Nando. Now if Nando can consistently get back to that stretch he had earlier in the season then he's the no brainer, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

Dr. Robert Lee
02-04-2013, 04:36 PM
LOL, D-League. More like scrub league. I guess it's cool for him to be the tallest midget, though. Got to try your best, right?

superbigtime
02-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Nando is getting the PT, but he just doesn't seem to be breaking out from mediocre status. I had higher hopes, maybe unrealistic.

Dr. Robert Lee
02-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Nando is getting the PT, but he just doesn't seem to be breaking out from mediocre status. I had higher hopes, maybe unrealistic.
No, Poop keeps on switching PGs every half and won't stick with anyone. It's fucked up. If NANDO actually got consistent minutes from game to game, he would impress.

DrunkTXLabrat
02-04-2013, 05:31 PM
No, Poop keeps on switching PGs every half and won't stick with anyone. It's fucked up. If NANDO actually got consistent minutes from game to game, he would impress.

i'm with this. undersized neal messes up the rotation with that deadly shot of his commanding minutes. he needs to get packaged with blair.

Dr. Robert Lee
02-04-2013, 05:35 PM
i'm with this. undersized neal messes up the rotation with that deadly shot of his commanding minutes. he needs to get packaged with blair.
Agreed. That piece of trashy scum has cost the Spurs at least five losses this year, tbh. Maybe more. Without Hero Ball, we are probably a 70-win team.

Paranoid Pop
02-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Nando is a SG in Manu's mold, that's why he's struggling trying to run the point.

Nando should be the third SG or second if you don't like Green's game.

Mills and Cojo should be the ones ducking it out for backup PG but Cojo would have a great shot imo since Mills complement Manu better since he's a much better spot up shooter.

BackHome
02-04-2013, 11:35 PM
You can tell that Nando is playing kinda scarred when he is out there he is trying to hard NOT to make mistakes. I think Pop is kinda doing what he did to Manu when he first started I hope he realizes that Nando is like Manu he is better when making crazy passes and not over thinking. At this point though I don't care I just want Pop to make up his freaking mind on who is the backup.....NO NEAL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

capek
02-04-2013, 11:42 PM
You can tell that Nando is playing kinda scarred when he is out there he is trying to hard NOT to make mistakes.

Ya, that's all it is. Part of the psychological development any new player has to progress through. The only way he's going to get comfortable is by playing consistent minutes every game. He's been subbing in the 1st/2nd quarter the last few games, and I hope that continues. We're on a 10 game winning streak after all, so it's not like it has been hurting us.

playblair
02-05-2013, 09:29 PM
cojo is currently playing & dominating ........... 6 steals in 2 quarters ............ call up cojo send down de colo ..........

Samr.
02-05-2013, 09:51 PM
D-league all-star game will have a larger viewing audience than the NFL pro bowl

SpursFan0728
02-05-2013, 10:02 PM
CoJo playing some clutch ball

look_at_g_shred
02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
cojo is currently playing & dominating ........... 6 steals in 2 quarters ............ call up cojo send down de colo ..........

Agree.

SpursFan0728
02-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Solid outing for CoJo tonight vs Texas. Finished with 20pts, 6rebs, 7ast, 6stls, 0 TO

DMC
02-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Other than the send downs from the NBA, the D-league is like the minors. If you're there you either were good and aren't now, or you were never good and aren't now.

playblair
02-06-2013, 12:32 AM
call up cojo ..................

Dr. Robert Lee
02-06-2013, 12:35 AM
LOL at big stats vs. scrub players.

superbigtime
02-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Solid outing for CoJo tonight vs Texas. Finished with 20pts, 6rebs, 7ast, 6stls, 0 TO

Wow. Was Nando putting up those kind of #s with Austin?

Captivus
02-06-2013, 01:23 PM
CoJo deserves a chance. I wnat to se if he can penetrate more than NDC or Mills, I think thats the key to being a good PG with this spurs system.
Maybe he can do it, and maybe he cant...I just want to see to be sure.

Paranoid Pop
02-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Should probably be a fulltime nba player at this point, if they don't have room for him then trade him instead of stunting his growth.

dbestpro
02-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Trade him while he has value.

playblair
02-06-2013, 04:43 PM
call up cojo................

Bruno
02-14-2013, 06:42 PM

I don't know what's wrong with Joseph. He looked fine at the end of yesterday's Toros game where he had 25 points and 7 assists.

spurraider21
02-14-2013, 06:58 PM
I really feel for Joseph. He was drafted to a team with TP, Manu, and Neal and then Green emerged as a starter due to him being a knockdown shooter and capable defender. Minutes were tough enough to come by, and then we went and signed Patty Mills midseason and brought in Nando de Colo during the offseason. Joseph deserves a shot to play but our backcourt is pretty crowded. In situations where we actually need our point guard to quarterback the offense, he's a much better fit than Mills

Obstructed_View
02-14-2013, 06:58 PM

I don't know what's wrong with Joseph. He looked fine at the end of yesterday's Toros game where he had 25 points and 7 assists.

I didn't suspect Jack was involved in a trade, but I mildly suspect Joseph might be...

racm
02-14-2013, 07:37 PM
:stirpot:

ace3g
02-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Just watched the last game, looked fine at the end, wasn't limping or anything or seemed bothered by anything, hmm indeed.

** Played 42 minutes as well.

Bruno
02-14-2013, 07:41 PM
I won't read too much into that because it could very well be a minor injury and Spurs being careful like they usually are.

Saying that, if Spurs/Pop are sold on De Colo being the long term answer at the backup PG slot, keeping Joseph doesn't make a lot of sense.

racm
02-14-2013, 07:42 PM
What if it's because there's no reason to play a guy who's on the San Antonio Spurs roster in a meaningless scrimmage that nobody watches?

BackHome
02-14-2013, 07:50 PM
It's the D-League pretty much all the games are meaningless..lol..J/k

DapDaGenius
02-14-2013, 07:56 PM
I won't read too much into that because it could very well be a minor injury and Spurs being careful like they usually are.

Saying that, if Spurs/Pop are sold on De Colo being the long term answer at the backup PG slot, keeping Joseph doesn't make a lot of sense.

What if they plan on getting rid of Mills?

Mel_13
02-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Jeremy Lamb and Terrence Jones were both just recalled and were replaced for the DLeague All-Star game. With Joseph scratched, I don't believe there are any players left that are on assignment from NBA teams.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/all_star_replacements_named_2013_02_14.html

Bruno
02-14-2013, 08:08 PM

It will change nothing. At the end of next training camp, Spurs will have to decide whether or not to pick a $2M team option on Joseph for 2014-2015. $2M for a 3rd string PG is just too much money.

ace3g
02-14-2013, 08:09 PM

Well Portland was one of the teams "rumored" to be interested in Blair, maybe Mills back to Blazers as well.

Pasta Batman
02-14-2013, 08:17 PM

It depends. Joseph could play the PG and Nando could play a Manu-like role. Joseph gives them a capable defender and the ability to play the PG. Versatile players are great for the Spurs system (see Barry, Horry). Both make more sense than Mills (without him improving some of his PG skills) as the main backups.

Pasta Batman
02-14-2013, 08:19 PM
I really feel for Joseph. He was drafted to a team with TP, Manu, and Neal and then Green emerged as a starter due to him being a knockdown shooter and capable defender. Minutes were tough enough to come by, and then we went and signed Patty Mills midseason and brought in Nando de Colo during the offseason. Joseph deserves a shot to play but our backcourt is pretty crowded. In situations where we actually need our point guard to quarterback the offense, he's a much better fit than Mills

He's basically going through his college years in the NBA. He's much less raw than he once was. This summer will be his real opportunity. Neal and Mills won't both be back. Nando is good because he can play both positions. CJ has PG abilities and strong defense. They in overall abilities are the best options, on paper.

timtonymanu
02-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Maybe it's Neal on the way out? :stirpot:

Pasta Batman
02-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Maybe it's Neal on the way out? :stirpot:

He pretty much is gone, unless he wants to re-sign at a cheap price. Spurs probably have a set price for him.

ace3g
02-14-2013, 08:42 PM
never know...

bold prediction, although that is the reason CJ is in Austin is to develop, but maybe the plan all along was to play Neal up to the trade deadline to keep his trade value high and use him in a package and then bring in Cojo (who is playing heavy minutes in the Spurs system in Austin) to step in as true back up final half of the season.

Pasta Batman
02-14-2013, 08:46 PM
never know...

Or, Mills moves up and CJ plays still very little until summer. Nando and Mills makes sense since Nando can play the PG role. He just needs someone willing to launch it next to him. His bad (offensive) moments are when the team has no real scorer. Manu and Nando should work in the future, in theory, as long as Manu takes the role of scorer/shooter.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Jeremy Lamb and Terrence Jones were both just recalled and were replaced for the DLeague All-Star game. With Joseph scratched, I don't believe there are any players left that are on assignment from NBA teams.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/all_star_replacements_named_2013_02_14.htmlYeah, that might be a courtesy for all those players who don't have NBA contracts to have a showcase of sorts at their All-Star game and contests.