PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker jumpshot

texasqb2
07-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I sure hope he is working on it everyday in the offseason. I am still a Tony Parker fan, but my patience with him disappearing in the playoffs is growing thin. I kept thinking all through the finals that we would have swept the Pistons easily had Billups and Parker flip flopped teams. Billups is a punk, but I love his toughness.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-02-2005, 04:50 PM
parker does not dissapear in the playoffs...he had a bad ass rookie playoff season, if u recall correctly..

He also played good in all of 2003 playoffs except finals games 3-6

2004 he played like a basketball GOD in the memphis series, if you recall correctly, him and horry were sinking 3's on like every fucking play. We had a bad ass winning streak going into the playoffs and tony parker's 3 ball was unfadeable towards the end of the season and he brought it to memphis. Unfortunately the Laker defense shut him down in games 3-6 of the semifinals (along with the rest of the entire team)

this year he played decent solid ball and just dissapeared a little bit against the former finals MVP in Chauncy Billups.
Don't say he dissapears in the playoffs. He guarded Rip in game 5 when Rip could have won the game for Detroit but he missed.

He does need to improve that jump shot, but he deserves credit i think.

Obi wan Ginobili
07-02-2005, 05:14 PM
My how people forget overtime vs Denver...

atlfan25
07-02-2005, 05:22 PM
parker is mighty good and i don't think he gets enough credit for it, more people seem to bash him.

JUUOT
07-02-2005, 05:26 PM
people are all over duncan and manu which is great. but give the frenchie what he deserves and it not bashing.

T Park
07-02-2005, 08:03 PM
but my patience with him disappearing in the playoffs is growing thin

15.7 points 48% shooting on the road in the finals.

That is dissapearing???

Question

Tek_XX
07-02-2005, 08:35 PM
I remember Tony Parkers jumpshot killing the mavericks in 2003

Cant_Be_Faded
07-02-2005, 08:35 PM
My how people forget overtime vs Denver...

you mean the game where parker completely took the game into his hands with both passing AND stone cold jump shooting????????
Dare I say he even stepped up???

T Park
07-02-2005, 08:40 PM
He did that against Denver.

Did it VS Seattle

Did it VS Phoenix

Did it VS Detroit

people remember the bad games.

No one remembers the good games with Tony Parker.

Complete opposite of Manu Ginobili.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Remember in game 7 tp got a bad ass steal and was kind of all alone....i was salivating at the thought of him dunking the shit out of it but i think he was worried he'd get fouled hard..

Remember the game against houston (not the one where mcgrady went awol) when it was a tie game....and chuck ward was bringing the ball up, tony parker stole the shit out of it, ran at a pace TWICE as fast as everyone else on the court and dunked the ever living STUFF out of it, bringing the SBC center into a frenzy and giving us enough energy to win the game????

I have a video of this dunk and i play it extremely slow...i swear the man's feet are moving twice as fast as everyone elses...they take 1 step he takes 2...thats tony parker baby

1Parker1
07-02-2005, 08:52 PM
He did that against Denver.

Did it VS Seattle

Did it VS Phoenix

Did it VS Detroit

people remember the bad games.

No one remembers the good games with Tony Parker.

Complete opposite of Manu Ginobili.

Exactly. You hit it on the nail.

1Parker1
07-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Remember in game 7 tp got a bad ass steal and was kind of all alone....i was salivating at the thought of him dunking the shit out of it but i think he was worried he'd get fouled hard..

Remember the game against houston (not the one where mcgrady went awol) when it was a tie game....and chuck ward was bringing the ball up, tony parker stole the shit out of it, ran at a pace TWICE as fast as everyone else on the court and dunked the ever living STUFF out of it, bringing the SBC center into a frenzy and giving us enough energy to win the game????

I have a video of this dunk and i play it extremely slow...i swear the man's feet are moving twice as fast as everyone elses...they take 1 step he takes 2...thats tony parker baby

:lol The added bonus was that it was against Charlie Ward!

Cant_Be_Faded
07-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Chuck was like wha wha whaaaat?? and before he could get back on D the ball was being slammed through the hoop

1Parker1
07-02-2005, 10:22 PM
I saw it on a milk carton the other day. what was that 800 number again?

:lol 1-800-Manu-Sucks

Timoha
07-02-2005, 11:12 PM
I also agree that Tony doesn't get enough credit. He makes asome mistakes here and there, and he could improve his consistendcy. But, imo, he's one of the most effective PG's and has a great upside at 23. I think that he had a very solid playoffs and people should stop trying to trade him!

xcoriate
07-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Tony played pretty decent. HGis D was outstanding throughout the playoffs.

The only problem I hgad with him was assists and turnovers. He didn't IMo run the offense well, but hey Beno was worse.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-02-2005, 11:56 PM
He didn't IMo run the offense well, but hey Beno was worse.

You got that right. Tony parker never succumbed to the trap. Beno seemed to be on the take when they trapped him haha

gospursgojas
07-03-2005, 12:07 AM

Anyway you can put that vid on the web for us

SpursFanInAustin
07-03-2005, 12:48 AM
People forget about how after the first 2 games of the Phoenix series in 03 when Marbury was working Parker, Parker responded by putting in a dominant 29 in Game 3, and also forget about him putting up 27 vs the Lakers in Game 6 to dethrone the 3-time NBA champs. He had a couple of good games vs. Dallas in 03, and the first 3 games of the NJ series, he was a serious consideration for Finals MVP.

caspian
07-03-2005, 12:53 AM

Is there any way we can see this clip?

Spursdaone
07-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Parker is a solid player and no way was he hurting this team of San Antonio. If anything it was Mohammad against Detroit.

xcoriate
07-03-2005, 02:10 AM
People forget about how after the first 2 games of the Phoenix series in 03 when Marbury was working Parker, Parker responded by putting in a dominant 29 in Game 3, and also forget about him putting up 27 vs the Lakers in Game 6 to dethrone the 3-time NBA champs. He had a couple of good games vs. Dallas in 03, and the first 3 games of the NJ series, he was a serious consideration for Finals MVP.

I haven't forgotten those performances.

I am just saying his distrobution of the ball was sub standard and well downright poor during the entire playoffs but mostly the Finals.

Sure he scored some and played good D but he failed to run the offence well. That is what stops him being brilliant.

1Parker1
07-03-2005, 03:24 PM
I haven't forgotten those performances.

I am just saying his distrobution of the ball was sub standard and well downright poor during the entire playoffs but mostly the Finals.

Sure he scored some and played good D but he failed to run the offence well. That is what stops him being brilliant.

I'll give you that. One thing I was very disapointed with in the Detroit series was Parker's assist numbers. I don't care if his shot isn't falling and he's not scoring 20+ points every night. But he absolutely should have had at least 5-6 assists per game if not more when his shot's not falling. We could argue that Spurs run a lot of motion offense and share the ball really well, etc. etc. however, even Manu had I believe 2 games where he had 7 and 9 assists.