PDA

View Full Version : Your predictions for this years RRT

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Here's this year's roadtrip, although it's tough to judge given that we don't know how long Timmy will sit:

Wed 6 Minnesota W Ravaged by injuries, need Splitter to play Pek tough, should be entertaining but we're better and fresh.

Fri 8 Detroit W/L Close - we might lose this one, they're playing well lately and it just feels like the kind of game that turns into a suprise loss to me if Detroit gets some decent play from their guards (a big if). Drummond should be fun to watch.

Sun 10 Brooklyn W Haven't yet found their chemistry, weak at PF and bench, close most of the way then our superior composure shows through in the 4th Q.

Mon 11 Chicago L B2b against tough defensive team... if Timmy is back and playing well we could win it, especially as they have Noah out, but it'll be a tough, close game whatever happens with a small chance they blow us out (when was the last time a team blew us out? Only the Clippers have really slaughtered us this year, in early November before the team had any chemistry. We were solidly beaten in OKC, NO and NY though).

Wed 13 Cleveland W We're better.

Tue 19 Sacramento W We're better.

Thu 21 L.A. Clippers W It's not just CP3 being out, they messed with their chemistry brining Hill back and taking minutes off Barnes just as he was playing his best ball (I think his recent ill-discipline stems from his frustration at losing minutes... and the fact that he's clearly got a small screw loose somewhere lol) and aren't quite the same team - they peaked early and they're flagging with Paul out, but I think they'll re-surge some time after the ASB.

Fri 22 Golden State L B2b with Bogut back and them looking even better at both ends - he fits these Warriors perfectly, almost Marc Gasol level passing on O, and fierce D. If Steph's back we lose, if not we mayy win it, but tiredness is a factor this deep into the trip, even with the ASB the previous weekend. Tough game.

Sun 24 Phoenix W We're better, but given that it's the end of the trip it is a potential danger game if someone like Dragic or Scola decides to go off.

So, 7-2, or 6-3 if we drop a surprise game (we're due one, haven't had one for a while... if fact, haven't had many this season) in Detroit. Thoughts?

AussieFanKurt
02-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Agree with all those but think we might be able to beat Bulls, that could go either way

Richie
02-04-2013, 08:12 PM
We lose to at least 2 of Chicago, Clippers and Golden State. Cleveland is a tough game too.

7-2, maybe 6-3.

TXstbobcat
02-04-2013, 08:16 PM
I predict 6-3 starting with a win on wednesday against the wolves.

spurraider21
02-04-2013, 08:17 PM
6-3 sounds about right and i'd be glad with that. tbh i think detroit game will be tough unless Tiago goes full Drago mode. Monroe is legit and Drummond has been better than expected. They can give our bigs some issues, and that game will be even tougher if Manu is out as well.

I think of the 4 "tough games" (Clippers, GS, Chicago, Brooklyn, the teams we play with winning records) we split them. Hopefully we get a W against the Clippers, considering they've hammered us twice. We seem to have Golden State's number, though. Either Chicago or Brooklyn will beat us too.

timvp
02-04-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm thinking par is 4-5. The Spurs have gotten a ton of shorthanded wins lately and are probably overdue for that shorthandedness to catch up to them. Parker has been great but it's unreasonable to expect him to be flawless the rest of the way. They've also gotten a bit sloppy in their recent wins. Combined, that's a recipe for a semi slump, in my estimation, at least.

But even if they can emerge 4-5 on this RRT, they're still in good shape to finish off the season. They'd be on pace for ~60 wins without accounting for the relatively easy stretch run. Thus, 61-62 wins wouldn't be too out of the question as long as the injury bug cooperates.

I can live with 4-5. Anything better than that and I'm happy.

Brunodf
02-04-2013, 08:33 PM
5-4

ginobilized
02-04-2013, 08:36 PM
No disrespect timvp, but, I''m boldly calling 5-4

Robz4000
02-04-2013, 08:37 PM
6-3, with a chance to go 7-2 or maybe 8-1 (if Tim comes back for Detroit and/or Brooklyn).

Minny game will be a win, though it'll be closer than expected.

Detroit is a potential loss without Tim considering their great frontcourt and the addition of Calderon, but if Manu is back it could provide enough momentum for the W.

Brooklyn will be tough, especially with the added motivation of BKN from the beatdown the Spurs gave them New Years, but in the end the Spurs will pull it out.

Chicago will be a loss unless Noah, Boozer, and Heinrich are all out.

Cleveland will be a win, though Kyrie may do the Spurs OKC-style making it interesting.

Sacramento will be a W, though they can play the Spurs tough for a half.

LAC game will be fun, and with it being basically the only must-win of the crop on this trip, I expect the Spurs to come through.

Golden State game will be an L pretty much no matter what. Big Three will more than likely be sent home. Scheduled loss.

Phoenix game being the last of the trip, most likely without the Big Three, will be tough, but by this time I expect the Suns to be without Gortat/Dudley and in full tank mode. Then again, the Suns FO is retarded, who knows what the hell they're gonna do.

So yeah, 6-3 at worst and 8-1 at best.

Dr. Robert Lee
02-04-2013, 08:54 PM
9-0.

IT'S COMING. BE PREPARED.

letmk
02-04-2013, 09:01 PM
I'll take 6-3. Considering OKC are in a mid-season mini-funk, 6-3 might still keep the Spurs on the top spot. Plus, it may be a little bit premature, but nobody wants to play a #8 Lakers team.

But obviously staying healthy is much more important.

spurraider21
02-04-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm thinking par is 4-5. The Spurs have gotten a ton of shorthanded wins lately and are probably overdue for that shorthandedness to catch up to them. Parker has been great but it's unreasonable to expect him to be flawless the rest of the way. They've also gotten a bit sloppy in their recent wins. Combined, that's a recipe for a semi slump, in my estimation, at least.

But even if they can emerge 4-5 on this RRT, they're still in good shape to finish off the season. They'd be on pace for ~60 wins without accounting for the relatively easy stretch run. Thus, 61-62 wins wouldn't be too out of the question as long as the injury bug cooperates.

not sure quite how easy this stretch run is. while its true the schedule is really home-heavy, a good chunk of the opponents are pretty tough. the second half of march and pretty much our entire april schedule seems like we have tough opponents. fortunately, we have been near indestructible at home.

Texas_Ranger
02-04-2013, 09:18 PM
5-4

superbigtime
02-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I think we lose Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, and Golden State.

RD2191
02-04-2013, 09:20 PM
9-0

Cry Havoc
02-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Here's this year's roadtrip, although it's tough to judge given that we don't know how long Timmy will sit:

Wed 6 Minnesota W Ravaged by injuries, need Splitter to play Pek tough, should be entertaining but we're better and fresh.

Fri 8 Detroit W/L Close - we might lose this one, they're playing well lately and it just feels like the kind of game that turns into a suprise loss to me if Detroit gets some decent play from their guards (a big if). Drummond should be fun to watch.

Sun 10 Brooklyn W Haven't yet found their chemistry, weak at PF and bench, close most of the way then our superior composure shows through in the 4th Q.

Mon 11 Chicago L B2b against tough defensive team... if Timmy is back and playing well we could win it, especially as they have Noah out, but it'll be a tough, close game whatever happens with a small chance they blow us out (when was the last time a team blew us out? Only the Clippers have really slaughtered us this year, in early November before the team had any chemistry. We were solidly beaten in OKC, NO and NY though).

Thu 21 L.A. Clippers W It's not just CP3 being out, they messed with their chemistry brining Hill back and taking minutes off Barnes just as he was playing his best ball (I think his recent ill-discipline stems from his frustration at losing minutes... and the fact that he's clearly got a small screw loose somewhere lol) and aren't quite the same team - they peaked early and they're flagging with Paul out, but I think they'll re-surge some time after the ASB.

Fri 22 Golden State L B2b with Bogut back and them looking even better at both ends - he fits these Warriors perfectly, almost Marc Gasol level passing on O, and fierce D. If Steph's back we lose, if not we mayy win it, but tiredness is a factor this deep into the trip, even with the ASB the previous weekend. Tough game.

Sun 24 Phoenix W We're better, but given that it's the end of the trip it is a potential danger game if someone like Dragic or Scola decides to go off.

So, 7-2, or 6-3 if we drop a surprise game (we're due one, haven't had one for a while... if fact, haven't had many this season) in Detroit. Thoughts?

As hot as we are right now, 9-0 wouldn't surprise me.

That said, I could see Pop using a b2b as a rest game, and then we drop another random game against Cleveland. So 7-2 is pretty reasonable, but 6-3 wouldn't be so bad.

Dex
02-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Wed 6 @ Minnesota W
Fri 8 @ Detroit W
Sun 10 @ Brooklyn L
Mon 11 @ Chicago W
Wed 13 @ Cleveland W
Tue 19 @ Sacramento W
Thu 21 @ L.A. Clippers L
Fri 22 @ Golden State W
Sun 24 @ Phoenix W

SpursIndonesia
02-04-2013, 09:35 PM
6-3, 5-4 at worst.

racm
02-04-2013, 09:40 PM
6-3. Wouldn't be surprised to go 9-0 though, The Spurs typically dominate in the RRT. That said no TD in the first few games will be a challenge.

chapnis
02-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Somewhere between 5-4 and 7-2, I'm picking 6-3. If LA is still Paul-less that should be a win.

spurraider21
02-04-2013, 09:45 PM
6-3. Wouldn't be surprised to go 9-0 though, The Spurs typically dominate in the RRT. That said no TD in the first few games will be a challenge.

TD and Manu both likely to miss games and be limited upon return... don't see 9-0 happening. we've seen this team get fatigued before, it might happen again. luckily the ASB cuts the road trip in half

exstatic
02-04-2013, 10:05 PM
7-2

look_at_g_shred
02-04-2013, 10:12 PM
6-3 worst, 8-1 at best

Amuseddaysleeper
02-04-2013, 10:12 PM
7-2

Trimble87
02-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Wed 6 @ Minnesota W
Fri 8 @ Detroit W
Sun 10 @ Brooklyn W
Mon 11 @ Chicago L
Wed 13 @ Cleveland L
Tue 19 @ Sacramento W
Thu 21 @ L.A. Clippers W
Fri 22 @ Golden State L
Sun 24 @ Phoenix W

I think we lose both sedond night b2b's and I think Kyrie puts on a show/we don't show up with enough energy against the Cavs

Seventyniner
02-04-2013, 10:38 PM
My head says 6-3, but my heart says 7-2 or 8-1.

maverick1948
02-04-2013, 10:40 PM

I dont agree with 4-5 Timvp. It would be horrible for our team to lose 5 games coming off a 10 game win streak. Being shorthanded this season is a fact of life for the Spurs. We have had a large number of games without starters playing. Our bench has picked up the slack in grand fashion. Do I see 9-0 on the RRT? No, but I wont say being shorthanded is the cause of us losing. The scary games for me are the back to backs. I see Pop resting Manu, Timmy and maybe even Tony on one of the two nights. The X-factor for the Spurs is our new Donk, Baynes. He is a banger for sure. If he can give us just 10-12 mins of solid play and take them from TD in the 1st half of the trip, we can get a win or two that you are not counting for us. I would love to see TD get only 20 mins a game on the first half of the trip. It would keep him in shape and allow he to rest that pesky knee. Same with Manu. Green, De Colo and Neal need to ramp up their play. I can assure you that the last couple days at the practice facility have not been comfortable for the players. They have had to listen to Pop complain about the turnovers. A 3% chance to win all 9. A 10% chance to win 8. But a 75% chance to win 7 of the games on the road.

roycrikside
02-04-2013, 10:42 PM
I think the Bulls and the Warriors are scheduled Ls. The Pistons, Suns and Kings should be easy Ws. Cavs should be a win unless Irving goes crazy. T-Pups, Nets and Clips are the toss up games to me that will make or break the trip.

Spursfanfromafar
02-04-2013, 10:43 PM
W vs. Minnesota
W vs. Detroit
W vs. Brooklyn
L vs. Chicago
W vs. Cleveland
W vs. Sacramento
W vs. LA
L vs. Golden State
W vs. Phoenix

7-2 for me.

roycrikside
02-04-2013, 10:43 PM
I'd be happy with 6-3, ecstatic with anything better and okay with 5-4 and a healthy club at the end of it.

chapnis
02-05-2013, 02:35 AM
I'd be happy with 6-3, ecstatic with anything better and okay with 5-4 and a healthy club at the end of it.

this

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-05-2013, 02:48 AM
@ Minnesota L
@ Detroit W
@ Brooklyn L
@ Chicago L
@ Cleveland W
@ Sacramento W
@ L.A. Clippers L
@ Golden State W
@ Phoenix W

spurraider21
02-05-2013, 03:21 AM
pistons could be sneaky tough tbh. with Timmy out Monroe should have a solid game. Drummond is also a heck of a rebounder/athlete which tends to give us issues. TP and Tiago both have to be pretty good in that one

Manudona
02-05-2013, 04:25 AM
8-1 just losing 1st one vs Minnesota.

polandprzem
02-05-2013, 05:25 AM
Wed 6 @ Minnesota L
Fri 8 @ Detroit W
Sun 10 @ Brooklyn W
Mon 11 @ Chicago W
Wed 13 @ Cleveland W
Tue 19 @ Sacramento W
Thu 21 @ L.A. Clippers W
Fri 22 @ Golden State L
Sun 24 @ Phoenix W

Brazil
02-05-2013, 06:09 AM
I'd say 6-3, the outcome of the bulls game will depend on how much depleted they will be. They have a lot of injuries lately.

SpurSpurSpurs
02-05-2013, 07:08 AM
9-0.

IT'S COMING. BE PREPARED.

First person with balls as hard as a rock to post this. I will prepare.

I say, 8-1.

Kuestmaster
02-05-2013, 07:11 AM

4-5 timvp? c'mon it's an easy RRT. I'm calling 6-3 at worst. With tim "injury" and all you've been pretty pessimistic lately. With all the injuries and games missed by tim, manu, kawhi and jax and still we're 1st in the nba. Cheer up man. The best is yet to come :flag:

disciple
02-05-2013, 07:11 AM
First person with balls as hard as a rock to post this. I will prepare.

It's possible if we are healthy.

6-3

blkroadrunners
02-05-2013, 07:31 AM
Wed 6 @ Minnesota W
Fri 8 @ Detroit L
Sun 10 @ Brooklyn W
Mon 11 @ Chicago L
Wed 13 @ Cleveland W
Tue 19 @ Sacramento W
Thu 21 @ L.A. Clippers L
Fri 22 @ Golden State L
Sun 24 @ Phoenix W

Spurs Brazil
02-05-2013, 11:42 AM
6-3

Spur|n|Austin
02-05-2013, 12:14 PM
I'd guess either 8-1 or 7-2. But the homer in me says 9-0!

acoelho1
02-05-2013, 01:07 PM
8-1 with the Golden State game being the only loss and I'm only giving this game to GS because it's on a back-2-back. The Spurs are the class of the league right now and they tend to do even better on these RR trips.

Mugen
02-05-2013, 01:15 PM
7-2, IMO. Loss chicago and one of the California games.

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Pain

Captivus
02-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Pain

Clubber Lang??

FromWayDowntown
02-05-2013, 01:29 PM
0-9

ClubberLang
02-05-2013, 01:33 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1035506/PAIN_medium.jpg

ClubberLang
02-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Blair gonna dominate one of those games, fools. He's gonna walk into Detroit and bring their pretty little asses over to show them what a real man is like.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/080/2/1/ashley_logan_cheerleader_2_by_sagget69-d4thtvm.jpg

Jumi
02-05-2013, 02:21 PM
W vs. Minnesota
L vs. Detroit
L vs. Brooklyn
W vs. Chicago
W vs. Cleveland
W vs. Sacramento
W vs. LA
W vs. Golden State
L vs. Phoenix

6-3
Not bad!!

spurs10
02-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Blair gonna dominate one of those games, fools. He's gonna walk into Detroit and bring their pretty little asses over to show them what a real man is like.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/080/2/1/ashley_logan_cheerleader_2_by_sagget69-d4thtvm.jpg
That girl in your sig has a REALLY NICE...... eerrrr......basketball. Two, actually!:wow

I'm thinking we lose two or three tops. We have won a lot of games that Tony just saved for us in the 4th. Somehow think we'll improve our focus and do alright.
6-3...or better.

bus driver
02-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Wed 6 @ Minnesota W
Fri 8 @ Detroit W
Sun 10 @ Brooklyn L
Mon 11 @ Chicago W
Wed 13 @ Cleveland W
Tue 19 @ Sacramento W
Thu 21 @ L.A. Clippers L
Fri 22 @ Golden State W
Sun 24 @ Phoenix W

these are the games.....shit its 9-0

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
02-05-2013, 03:41 PM

Roll my weed on it thats an asssssssssssssssstray :eyebrows

but yeah....... 7-2 is my guess but we are more than capable of winning all 9

slayermin
02-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Wed 6 Minnesota W
Fri 8 Detroit W
Sun 10 Brooklyn W
Mon 11 Chicago L
Wed 13 Cleveland W
Tue 19 Sacramento W
Thu 21 L.A. Clippers L
Fri 22 Golden State L
Sun 24 Phoenix W

6-3

spurraider21
02-05-2013, 04:38 PM
I just want the damn thing to start. 2 games in last 10 days... I know it's a good thing for our boys to get rest but its killin me

timvp
02-05-2013, 04:55 PM
4-5 timvp? c'mon it's an easy RRT. I'm calling 6-3 at worst. With tim "injury" and all you've been pretty pessimistic lately.

I don't think saying the Spurs have a good chance, health permitting, to win 61 or 62 games is "pessimistic", tbh. With reasonable health, that win number has been the approximate goal I think this team can/will/should attain. It gives a good shot at capturing the #1 seed yet it's not too outrageous that the Spurs are in danger of shooting all their ammo before May.

All seasons have an ebb and flow; I think the stars are aligning for a ~.500 RRT. Hopefully I'm wrong and the Spurs keep streaking.

Man In Black
02-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Wed 6 @ Minnesota W
Fri 8 @ Detroit W
Sun 10 @ Brooklyn L
Mon 11 @ Chicago W
Wed 13 @ Cleveland L
Tue 19 @ Sacramento W
Thu 21 @ L.A. Clippers W
Fri 22 @ Golden State L
Sun 24 @ Phoenix W
6-3
I could be right, but I'd rather they go 9-0.

IwasaLurker
02-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Wed 6 @ Minnesota W
Fri 8 @ Detroit L
Sun 10 @ Brooklyn W
Mon 11 @ Chicago W
Wed 13 @ Cleveland L
Tue 19 @ Sacramento W
Thu 21 @ L.A. Clippers W
Fri 22 @ Golden State L
Sun 24 @ Phoenix W

It's 6-3 imho

mercos
02-05-2013, 07:35 PM
I believe they will win at least 5 of the games, and potentially 6. The two back to backs are all I'm really worried about. If Chris Paul is either still out or not 100%, then the Clippers game could be a lot easier.

Uriel
02-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I don't think saying the Spurs have a good chance, health permitting, to win 61 or 62 games is "pessimistic", tbh. With reasonable health, that win number has been the approximate goal I think this team can/will/should attain. It gives a good shot at capturing the #1 seed yet it's not too outrageous that the Spurs are in danger of shooting all their ammo before May.

All seasons have an ebb and flow; I think the stars are aligning for a ~.500 RRT. Hopefully I'm wrong and the Spurs keep streaking.
It is too pesimmistic, tbh. The Spurs have never finished below .500 on a RRT. There's no reason to think they'll suddenly start now.

IMO,
Best case: 7 - 2
Worst case: 5 - 4
Expected case: 6 - 3

Southwest Texas Fan
02-05-2013, 08:40 PM

Man these are good times in Spurs nation.

spurraider21
02-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Would be dam glad going 6-3 considering how short handed we could be

DatBoyGood
02-05-2013, 09:01 PM
I say our losses will be at Detroit, Chicago, and Golden State. All the other games we should win. And I really hope the spurs dont lose their third straight to the clippers

ego
02-06-2013, 04:41 AM
5-4 or 6-3:flag: 7-2 with TD and Manu healthy

Darkwaters
02-06-2013, 06:44 AM
6-3

Russo21
02-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Chicago, Clippers, Warriors are the only real challenges on this trip in my oppinion. But there's no reason we cant nail them to.

Best Case 9-0
Worst Case 6-3

My prediction 9-0 Write that down.

Old School 44
02-06-2013, 09:04 AM
6-3, but very capable of going 8-1. Pop will "throw a game" by resting players or playing unconventional lineups as soon as the people start talking about the win streak and how well the Spurs are playing. Bulls, Clips, Warriors is where I think losses may happen.

Rogbok
02-06-2013, 09:05 AM
6-3

KenziE
02-06-2013, 09:10 AM
6-3 imho

Pauleta14
02-06-2013, 09:41 AM
8-1

Only loss in Chicago...

Bruno
02-06-2013, 11:16 AM
6-3 sounds reasonable.

Spurs will mostly face relatively weak teams but they have some injuries troubles.

wildbill2u
02-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Everything depends on our health of our players and we already know some are hurting. They may be back--but at 100% after a layoff is the question. The 'x' factor may be Pop's attitude toward reducing minutes of the Big 3 during this tough trip. He really does think the best thing for the team is to cut back their minutes and hope for the best in the playoffs. He apparently doesn't give a rat's ass about winning any particular game. He isn't into statements or winning Rodeo Road Trip records.

Minnesota --We should win

Detroit is only 13-13 at home. Not very good. Recent losing streak. We should win.

Brooklyn (not NY) Nets are much better at home (19-6) than way. They may be coming into their stride with better coach. They play 2 weak team, Detroit and Wash. away before we come to town, but they have enough time to rest between games and probably rest their better players some in anticipation of date with Spurs. They will be up for the game. I think our chances are probably less than 50% so I'm prepared for a loss to the Nets.

Bulls--Back to Back against a tough Chicago team that plays hard defense and gets every rebound in sight. Good home win record. We ain't gonna win all these games and this one is a loss IMHO unless we are very lucky.

Cleveland--showing some life lately and their new outstanding rookie can take over a game for them. We should win--but this is one of those games that could blindside us. Still, a win until proven different.

Sacramento. We get six days off to go to the West Coast. If we don't lose our fighting trim and edge in skills we should win,

Clippers.--One of Top teams in West. 20-5 at home. Will be looking to avenge last year and make a statement for this year. We have to keep them in a half-court game, but even with CP3 out, I just think they have enough to win this one by running us. Lose.

Golden State--Dangerous team to take on B2B. 16-6 at home. They have some very good players. David Lee was player of the week in the NBA. Stephen Curry in most years would have made the All-Star Team, Bogut is a very able big. Jarrett Jack has been very good, etc. etc, etc. They have an excellent bench. This is one of those teams you don't want to meet in the playoffs. Mark Jackson is talked about for Coach of the Year. They are trouble. We lose.

Phoenix. We probably win but it's the end of a long grind.

I predict 5-4. That's still a winning record for the Rodeo Road Trip for another year, but you can't expect to win a higher % of these road games every year, just based on past years and wishful thinking. For all the reasons stated, including our injuries, Pop's focus on resting players, and the relative strength of the opposition, I think 5-4 would be good-- and anything better than that spectacular.

urunobili
02-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Wed 6 @ Minnesota W
Fri 8 @ Detroit W
Sun 10 @ Brooklyn L
Mon 11 @ Chicago L
Wed 13 @ Cleveland W
Tue 19 @ Sacramento W
Thu 21 @ L.A. Clippers L
Fri 22 @ Golden State L
Sun 24 @ Phoenix W

5-4

Mel_13
02-06-2013, 12:14 PM
5-4 with the same outcomes as the previous two posters.

For tonight's game:

AK is out tonight vs Spurs. Duncan and Ginobili both were on court for Spurs shootaround, but Popovich said neither will play vs Wolves.

https://twitter.com/JerryZgoda

Mugen
02-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Spurs are going to lay the pipe on Brooklyn tbh.

Dingle Barry
02-06-2013, 12:43 PM
7-2, no doubt in my mind.

Kool Bob Love
02-06-2013, 04:24 PM
9-0.

benefactor
02-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Wed 6@ Minnesota W
Fri 8@ Detroit W
Sun 10@ Brooklyn L
Mon 11@ Chicago W
Wed 13@ Cleveland W
Tue 19@ Sacramento W
Thu 21@ L.A. Clippers W
Fri 22@ Golden State L
Sun 24@ Phoenix W

ohmwrecker
02-06-2013, 05:09 PM
The back to backs (especially LAC/GSW) will be rough, but the Spurs can potentially beat all those teams given the way they're playing right now.

Budkin
02-06-2013, 07:08 PM
5-4

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-08-2013, 08:19 PM
I called this Detroit game as a danger game, and it's proving to be so thus far.

Welcome back to ST, ohmwrecker! Haven't seen you for ages!

BTW, your handle is a reference to Nauusica I take it?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-08-2013, 09:54 PM
RRT has started exactly as I figured it would, now the next game is crucial. If Tim is back we should win it, if not it'll be very tough, a close win or loss. And then we'll likely get beaten in Chi-town on the b2b.

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2013, 09:56 PM
throwing away the pistons game when it was winnable, fck this coach throwing away streak for no apparent reason....dude looked like he didnt wanna coach at all against the pistons....fkn pathetic lineups and spread of minutes to bullshit players already in fetus position asking to be traded

RD2191
02-08-2013, 09:57 PM
throwing away the pistons game when it was winnable, fck this coach throwing away streak for no apparent reason....dude looked like he didnt wanna coach at all against the pistons....fkn pathetic lineups and spread of minutes to bullshit players already in fetus position asking to be traded

spurraider21
02-08-2013, 09:58 PM
on the way to timvp's 4-5 prediction

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-08-2013, 10:01 PM

STFU, seriously, meltdown bitch. We didn't throw it away, they outplayed us down 2 of our 3 best players.

It was a predictable loss and nothing to be concerned about.

timtonymanu
02-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Next two are gonna be tough. Hopefully at least Manu will be good to go. If not, I expect Tony will take one of the games off. He needs to rest at some point.

DesignatedT
02-08-2013, 10:02 PM
I took Detroit +6 tonight but didn't necessarily see it playing out like this. It was a pretty predictable let down spot for the Spurs though. People freaking out either haven't been watching this team for the past 15 years or just like to freak out.

sananspursfan21
02-08-2013, 10:04 PM
STFU, seriously, meltdown bitch. We didn't throw it away, they outplayed us down 2 of our 3 best players.

It was a predictable loss and nothing to be concerned about.

Good call. Spurs didn't throw it away, they tried pretty hard to win it. shots just weren't falling and the pistons were fired up and shot lights out. not much could have been done. tonight, the pistons would have beat almost anybody, no shame tbh

RD2191
02-08-2013, 10:04 PM
shut the fuck up oz,fukin clown

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-08-2013, 10:40 PM
shut the fuck up oz,fukin clown

lol butthurt cliffjumper.

I think you'll find you're the clown, not me.

blkroadrunners
02-08-2013, 10:52 PM
I took Detroit +6 tonight but didn't necessarily see it playing out like this. It was a pretty predictable let down spot for the Spurs though. People freaking out either haven't been watching this team for the past 15 years or just like to freak out.

I predicted a Detroit loss too, mainly b/c of Monroe and Drummond taking advantage of the Spurs' Duncan-less frontcourt.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Got the Brooklyn W when many thought we'd lose to them.

Tonight won't be fun though - think the Bulls will grind us into dust.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Glad to say I couldn't have been more wrong. Wow, what a win! :D :flag:

DPG21920
02-11-2013, 10:35 PM

2 more wins and Spurs lock up a +.500 RRT.

Mugen
02-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Spurs are going to lay the pipe on Brooklyn tbh.

Amazing take, tbh.

Maddog
02-14-2013, 07:25 AM

OK
4-1 so far
Yeah I know the block of games after the break are tougher but so far so good

uld have lived with 4-

exstatic
02-14-2013, 08:09 AM
OK
4-1 so far
Yeah I know the block of games after the break are tougher but so far so good

uld have lived with 4-
Actually, not so much. Sacramento and Phoenix are crap, and GS is struggling a lot (4-6 last 10, worst of WC playoff teams) right now. The only real test, and the ONE GAME on the RRT that I really want is the LAC. They need to be reminded what time it is. I'm glad Chrissy Paul is back so they will have no excuses.

Trainwreck2100
02-14-2013, 12:11 PM
ROR Timvp with the bad wrongs

timvp
02-14-2013, 07:00 PM
The Spurs already have a par RRT in my estimation. Anymore wins are just bonus. Well done. Considering that the Spurs could have easily gone 1-4 without the comeback against the Nets and the subsequent good mojo, it's been an awesome five games.

Get a few more of these RRT games and I'll be thrilled to have underestimated what would have been a reasonable par. :tu

racm
02-14-2013, 07:36 PM
sac
@GSW
@LAC
@PHX

Could easily go 3-1 over this stretch. Gotta beat the Clips though.

Robz4000
02-14-2013, 07:42 PM
From this point on the only must win is the Clips game. As long as they win that it's all golden.

weeks
02-20-2013, 12:44 AM
bump
lookin fantastic so far:fro

Cry Havoc
02-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Hope we blow out the Clips and get our starters some rest. I'm going to be at the GSW game so I want to see the big 3 play.

Maddog
02-22-2013, 07:09 AM

Hmmmm

Kuestmaster
02-22-2013, 07:48 AM

like I said, too pesimistic LJ!

exstatic
02-22-2013, 08:28 AM
like I said, too pesimistic LJ!

tbh, I wouldn't have picked 8-1 if I had known how many games Pop was going to sit Tim and Manu.

SpursIndonesia
02-22-2013, 08:40 AM
What can i say, i've expected TP to come back down to earth sometime in this trip. Hasn't happened, and i'll gladly eat my words regarding my prediction.

racm
02-22-2013, 09:18 AM
What can i say, i've expected TP to come back down to earth sometime in this trip. Hasn't happened, and i'll gladly eat my words regarding my prediction.

He's playing like mad through the entire RRT...

I think Splitter has been the other key for the RRT apart from TP and KL. Before the alternative was the turd towers when Tim was out.

Mel_13
02-22-2013, 10:13 AM
I thought the injuries to Tim and and Manu would take a toll like the injuries to KL and Jack did in mid-December. I guess not.

jhfenton
02-22-2013, 10:33 AM
I thought the injuries to Tim and and Manu would take a toll like the injuries to KL and Jack did in mid-December. I guess not.
I did too. I thought 5-4 was par, with 6-3 a good trip. Like a lot of folks, I didn't factor in Parker's staying in god mode for another month.

Mel_13
02-22-2013, 10:37 AM
I did too. I thought 5-4 was par, with 6-3 a good trip. Like a lot of folks, I didn't factor in Parker's staying in god mode for another month.

Or being able to go into Chicago on the second game of B2B, sit the Big 3, and still get a decisive win. They're playing at a very high level and the schedule is about to tun in their favor. Scary.

TampaDude
02-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Looking like a real good shot at an 8-1 RRT this year. Last two are GS and PHX, both perpetually owned by the Spurs.

TampaDude
02-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Or being able to go into Chicago on the second game of B2B, sit the Big 3, and still get a decisive win. They're playing at a very a high level and the schedule is about to turn in their favor. Scary.

WERD...we've got 17 out of the last 24 games at home, including a stretch from 2/27 thru 3/11, where we play 6 games in a row at home with no B2Bs, finishing up with OKC on 3/11 on 3 days rest. OKC will be on the second game of a B2B in that game, too, having to play Boston the day before.

The hard part of our schedule is behind us. We will almost certainly hold on to the #1 seed.

timvp
02-22-2013, 11:24 AM
:lol @ My underestimation.

If health can remain decent and Parker stays locked in, the Spurs have a chance to win a TON of games this season. Those are two big Ifs since it seems like a new injury issue pops up literally every day and asking Parker to play like the second best player in the league for the duration of the season is tough ... but damn.

ace3g
02-22-2013, 11:30 AM
^ I think if NDC can really step up during this stretch run (looks like he can) and secure the back up PG spot, that will be great not only for the team overall but give TP some timely rest.

Captivus
02-22-2013, 11:41 AM
I just hope the #1 is "guaranteed" ASAP, and we can see more minutes of the players than have to help during PO, especially NDC.

Strategic
02-22-2013, 11:42 AM
While the Spurs are in great shape, they do finish the season with nine games in seventeen days, with five of those on the road. At least five of those games are against teams that could still be jockying for playoff positions. The Spurs need to blast through the March schedule and at least maintain their 4 game lead over the pack to finish the year, thus earning themselves a week's rest at the end of the season. That'd be a sweet one! :hungry:

Strategic
02-22-2013, 11:45 AM
^ I think if NDC can really step up during this stretch run (looks like he can) and secure the back up PG spot, that will be great not only for the team overall but give TP some timely rest. I don't know about his stats, but his confidence has improved muchly over the season.

spurraider21
02-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Bump. Almost done with this sob. Assuming we don't crap the bed at Phoenix I think 7-2 sounds damn good to me

timtonymanu
02-23-2013, 03:48 PM
I know it's too late to submit predictions, but this what I originally predicted.

@ Minnesota W
@ Detroit W
@ Brooklyn L
@ Chicago W
@ Cleveland W
@ Sacramento W
@ LAC L
@ GS L
@ PHX W

6-3. Hopefully the Spurs take care of PHX. Either way, still a successful road trip.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-23-2013, 08:10 PM

I got the Chicago game wrong, but otherwise it's pretty much gone to plan. ;)

Dex
02-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Had the record right. Just had my schedule off. :lol

Budkin
02-24-2013, 10:41 PM
I was way off in a good way.

SpursIndonesia
02-24-2013, 10:51 PM
One win better than my expectation, good effort Spurs !

DesignatedT
02-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Very nice RRT.

ElNono
02-24-2013, 10:54 PM
7-2 sounds about right

Amuseddaysleeper
02-24-2013, 11:03 PM
7-2

God bless

benefactor
02-24-2013, 11:07 PM
I was pretty damn close.

polandprzem
02-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Wed 6 @ Minnesota L
Fri 8 @ Detroit W
Sun 10 @ Brooklyn W
Mon 11 @ Chicago W
Wed 13 @ Cleveland W
Tue 19 @ Sacramento W
Thu 21 @ L.A. Clippers W
Fri 22 @ Golden State L
Sun 24 @ Phoenix W

That one L put lower would make me an ultimate predictor!

wildbill2u
02-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Great RRT. I thought we'd lose to the Clippers and Bulls. Really amazing when you think about the injuries and Pop's 'sit down and rest ' program for the Big 3.

TampaDude
02-25-2013, 10:29 AM
7-2 is damn good, folks. That's a .778 winning %.

BTW, have the Spurs ever gone undefeated on the RRT?

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

Bruno
02-25-2013, 12:25 PM
During this RRT, Duncan missed 4 games, Parker: 2, Ginobili: 4, Jackson: 3, Leonard: 1, Neal: 1. A 7-2 record is jsut great in these circumstances.

Spursfanfromafar
02-25-2013, 01:08 PM
W vs. Minnesota
W vs. Detroit
W vs. Brooklyn
L vs. Chicago
W vs. Cleveland
W vs. Sacramento
W vs. LA
L vs. Golden State
W vs. Phoenix

7-2 for me.

Shift the loss at Chicago to Detroit and I would have been perfect.

loveforthegame
02-25-2013, 01:11 PM
During this RRT, Duncan missed 4 games, Parker: 2, Ginobili: 4, Jackson: 3, Leonard: 1, Neal: 1. A 7-2 record is jsut great in these circumstances.

Amazing isn't it? I never would have thought we'd be that successful on the trip with guys missing games like that.

Stellar performance. :tu

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Superb RRT, great kickstart for SPAM! :flag:

I just checked the thread and no-one got them all right, although many predicted 7-2, and 3 of us (including me) got very close by predicting the Detroit and GSW losses, but missed the Chicago win, which was by far the most remarkable game of the trip for mine (Clips win a distant second).

Dex
02-25-2013, 08:15 PM
7-2 is damn good, folks. That's a .778 winning %.

BTW, have the Spurs ever gone undefeated on the RRT?

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

I think the best the Spurs have done was 8-1, and that was on their very first Rodeo Road Trip in 2003 after losing the first game IIRC.

Edit: After further research, they also went 8-1 last year on the RRT, with the only loss being the game Pop sat out the Big 3 against Portland.