France vs. Italy (Exhibition Game)

July 8th
France vs. Slovenia

July 9th
France vs. Russia

July 10th
France vs. Croatia

Viktor Sanikidze
He's also going to playing in the U20 tournament, but Georgia is in the B division. Here is the schedule:

July 8th
Georgia vs. Iceland

July 9th
Georgia vs. Finland

July 10th
Georgia vs. Ireland

July 12th
Georgia vs. Slovak Republic

July 13th
Georgia vs. Poland

timvp
07-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Can anybody find a boxscore for the exhibition game France played today? I've looked on a couple FIBA sites but haven't found anything.

Oh and to the Slovenian posters, will that France vs. Slovenia game be televised in Slovenia?

Ozzy
07-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Oh and to the Slovenian posters, will that France vs. Slovenia game be televised in Slovenia?

If it would be I would be very surprised. Our national TV (or any other station) never televised any games from the U20 or other youth tournaments. With the current state of our national TV this sure as hell isn't going to change. So, basically the answer is No....

JUUOT
07-03-2005, 12:25 PM
france lost 65 to 68 to italy but scoreboard not available

http://www.basketfrance.com/edf/page.php?id_equ=9

JUUOT
07-03-2005, 12:29 PM
the french team is really not ready. the coach really wanted petro and mahinmi back.

hope they can bring back momentum from being draftee. but do not count on the french team for a big run...

timvp
07-03-2005, 06:48 PM
france lost 65 to 68 to italy but scoreboard not available

http://www.basketfrance.com/edf/page.php?id_equ=9

:lol

I looked for that ish for hours yesterday. Nice find.

Now if you can find a box score, you'd be the coolerest person ever :smokin

timvp
07-03-2005, 06:50 PM
the french team is really not ready. the coach really wanted petro and mahinmi back.

hope they can bring back momentum from being draftee. but do not count on the french team for a big run...

Do you know if Mahinmi and Petro played in those two exhibition games? I read an article from right after the draft saying Mahinmi and Petro were due back in time to play in these exhibition games.

It looks like France won today 75-52.

JUUOT
07-03-2005, 08:30 PM
they were announced back.
the coach was just complaining that it was too short to get back trwo key players only days before the tournament and that their head might be elsewhere in MSG.
i could not find the box score but i will look tomorrow and i will pots it as soon a i have it. french people are pretty lazy on sundays so info wont be on before monday.
i have to find tis info!!! lol a title of coolerest person is in play lol

JUUOT
07-04-2005, 08:14 AM
latest news:
no i do not have the statistic for the games but big news:

Johan Petro did not make the team. meaning he should be in summer league for seattle. What it means for the nationalU20 team is that we lose an important card. However.

This is good news for the spurs. Petro was the boss in the paint and IAN was a support. now that petro left Ian will have to step up to control the paint!
will have to follow carefully its performance

orhe
07-04-2005, 08:30 AM
yeah i think we should :)

timvp
07-04-2005, 06:02 PM
latest news:
no i do not have the statistic for the games but big news:

Johan Petro did not make the team. meaning he should be in summer league for seattle. What it means for the nationalU20 team is that we lose an important card. However.

This is good news for the spurs. Petro was the boss in the paint and IAN was a support. now that petro left Ian will have to step up to control the paint!
will have to follow carefully its performance

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

This will probably move Mahinmi to starting center. I guess we'll see what he's made out of because early on France plays Russia and that eight footer on the Mavs Pavel Podkowhatever.

JUUOT
07-04-2005, 06:06 PM
right on this will be an incredible match up. can't wait

timvp
07-05-2005, 04:30 AM
Composition de l’Équipe de France masculine 20 ans et moins
AKA Jonathan, 2,03 m, Intérieur, EB Pau-Orthez
AMAGOU Pape Philippe, 1,85 m, Meneur, Le Mans Sarthe Basket
BENDRISS Saïd, 2,04 m, Intérieur, Cholet Basket
BOKOLO Yannick, 1,88 m, Arrière, Le Mans Sarthe Basket
CISSE Souarata, 1,96 m, Ailier, EB Pau-Orthez
CORRE Kevin, 2,02 m, Intérieur, Le Mans Sarthe Basket
LARROUQUIS Thomas, 1,97 m, Ailier, Denek Bat Urcuit (N1)
MAHINMI Ian, 2,04 m, Intérieur, STB Le Havre
MARCO Sylvain, 2,06 m, Intérieur, Paris Basket Racing
MIPOKA Jean-Michel, 1,97 m, Ailier, Cholet Basket
PARKER Pierre, 1,91 m, Arrière, Loyola Chicago (NCAA – USA)
PLATEAU Etienne, 1,87 m, Arrière, Dijon

That's the lineup for the French U20 team. As JUUOT said, no Johan Petro.

TheTruth
07-05-2005, 04:33 AM
What do you guys know about Pierre Parkers game? Is he any good?

timvp
07-05-2005, 02:55 PM
I never found a box score for either exhibition game, but I got the following report:

In the game that France lost 68-65, Ian Mahinmi had 20 points and Pierre Parker had 6 points.

In the game that France won 75-52, Ian Mahinmi had 11 points and Pierre Parker had 2.

It shall be interesting to see how France does in this tournament with Mahinmi leading the way. Many (including their own coach :lol) expect them to lose, but we'll find out.