PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Dwight Howard interview with Stephen A mentions Kobe shoots too much

Thebesteva
02-05-2013, 12:07 AM
It's happening all over again

Howard should just never do interviews.

"You play with Kobe Bryant you know, he's going to get them up," Howard said. "But, at the same time, I have to find ways to still be effective. I can't allow that to affect how I play. There were a lot of times early in the season where I would get upset you know, because I felt like he shot the ball a lot. And you know, I wanted some touches down low. Do I want touches, yeah. But, whatever I have to do to help this team win, I have to keep my mind in that area."

One statistical category that Howard and the Lakers continue to struggle with is free throw shooting. Howard is shooting just 49.6 percent from the line this season, significantly lower than his 58.2 percent career mark. As the result, the Lakers rank 29th in the league from the line, shooting 69.0 percent as a team.

"It's mental," Howard said. "When I step up to the line in games, and I think so much about missing because everybody saying I can't shoot free throws. And it's just going up there and shooting it. When I do have those games when I go up there and shoot it, they're good. So my thing it's all mental. In high school I was 90 percent from the line." http://forums.lakersground.net/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Full article
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8915802/dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-remains-focused-season

irishock
02-05-2013, 12:26 AM
When the Lakers are on the road, some guy should hold up a picture that has Mary Carey and the bible. Maybe then he'll have faith in his FT shooting

ElNono
02-05-2013, 12:29 AM
What's wrong with what he said? :lol

Up until 4 or 5 games ago, Kobe's chucking was out of control. These are things we know.

If he stays he's going to kill another coach, which in the case of D'Antoni might be a plus, so there might be a plus there.

Expert
02-05-2013, 12:29 AM
^ Howard should take your thread starting as a lesson: more attempts doesn't equal more scores. That goes for the both of you, OP and Irishit.

ElNono
02-05-2013, 12:31 AM
^ Howard should take your thread starting as a lesson: more attempts doesn't equal more scores. That goes for the both of you, OP and Irishit.

sup expert. Did you set WC straight yet?

Bynumite
02-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Diz nigga iz ridiculous. First, if you want more touches at least make an effort to further develop your post game, instead of getting stripped of the ball 10 times a game.

Second, while still with Orlando this nigga had all the fucking touches in the world and an offense that revolved around him. So he decided he wants out of that situation, arrives in LA and immediately demands more touches? Fall in line and just do whatever the team needs from you and shut your mouth.

Third, wipe that smile off your face and stop wearing that stupid headband.

Expert
02-05-2013, 12:36 AM
sup expert. Did you set WC straight yet?

I've taken him to task gently but firmly. No doubt he's contemplating his response, and only time (a constant.. lol) will tell whether he alters his approach and accepts more of a blue collar role in the forum or he lashes out and extends his therapy time even more.

Thebesteva
02-05-2013, 12:44 AM

I'd come up with a smart ass remark but you've already had it really bad...you're a Blazer fan. The team whose soul purpose is to be a part of the Laker highlight reel and draft historic busts.

Oh and lets not mention the curse of the owner who probably has the worst karma in the world and drafts talent only to watch their knees explode in the 1st year of their career.

Thebesteva
02-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Diz nigga iz ridiculous. First, if you want more touches at least make an effort to further develop your post game, instead of getting stripped of the ball 10 times a game.

Second, while still with Orlando this nigga had all the fucking touches in the world and an offense that revolved around him. So he decided he wants out of that situation, arrives in LA and immediately demands more touches? Fall in line and just do whatever the team needs from you and shut your mouth.

Truth...but Kobe is part of the problem as well. Let's admit it, he is old and at that stage in his career where MJ was a Wizard. He can't do the athletic things he once did so he resorts to shooting more when he should just pass more. If Lakers played this way from the start of the season they'd be a 6-8 seed which isnt good either but still better than this historic fail.

ElNono
02-05-2013, 12:46 AM
I've taken him to task gently but firmly. No doubt he's contemplating his response, and only time (a constant.. lol) will tell whether he alters his approach and accepts more of a blue collar role in the forum or he lashes out and extends his therapy time even more.

Hope you're not black... and a surgeon at that...

SpursIndonesia
02-05-2013, 12:50 AM
How in the hell can he shoot 90% of FT in high school while having such a shitty shooting mechanic and being a mental midget himself ? Is that true or he's a liar ?

ElNono
02-05-2013, 12:53 AM
How in the hell can he shoot 90% of FT in high school while having such a shitty shooting mechanic and being a mental midget himself ? Is that true or he's a liar ?

It was probably before the steroids...

Bynumite
02-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Truth...but Kobe is part of the problem as well. Let's admit it, he is old and at that stage in his career where MJ was a Wizard. He can't do the athletic things he once did so he resorts to shooting more when he should just pass more. If Lakers played this way from the start of the season they'd be a 6-8 seed which isnt good either but still better than this historic fail.

I'll still give Dwight the benefit of the doubt because of the surgery and recent injuries but the dude is still light years away from the dominant player we've seen play for Orlando. He was considered a top 5 player not long ago but now, who knows if he will ever make a full recovery.

Clipper Nation
02-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Dwight actually was right about something for once, but damn, he hasn't stopped running his mouth to the media all season, he really needs to stop talking....

Fergie The Florists
02-05-2013, 01:44 AM
Why the big mystery about resigning Dwight? Can't this monkey just come out and say "I'm resigning with LA" then this dumbazz speculation can finally end.

Thebesteva
02-05-2013, 01:52 AM
Dwight actually was right about something for once, but damn, he hasn't stopped running his mouth to the media all season, he really needs to stop talking....

Hey CN, how r u feeling about the Clippers lately? No troll...just curious. Heard Clip fans are having a nervous breakdown

StrengthAndHonor
02-05-2013, 02:01 AM
Why the big mystery about resigning Dwight? Can't this monkey just come out and say "I'm resigning with LA" then this dumbazz speculation can finally end.

Because Dwight is immature and he's not convinced LA with Kobe is the right course to take. Look, Kobe's lying his ass off with these reports of him playing 1 more year. Kobe knows Dwight doesn't like being a second banana on a franchise team, in terms of attention at least. So he's indirectly sending a false message through the public to Dwight that he's out sooner than later, so that Dwight can sign that long term contract with that team.

Once that ink dries in that contract, Kobe will sign another 2-3 year deal :lol

gaKNOW!blee
02-05-2013, 02:07 AM
:lol this has gotta be the most delusional mother fucker on the planet. there's no way he ever shot 90% over the course of any season...the greatest shooters of all time can't even reach that mark.

MAYBE if he only shot 25 free throws in a season somehow and he caught ridiculous fire...but beyond that there's no way.

Thebesteva
02-05-2013, 02:21 AM

I think D12 is his own biggest fan

Also, don't forget who clipped your nuts

rayjayjohnson
02-05-2013, 05:45 AM
It was probably before the steroids...

steroids were prescribed to Bible Kemp, the doctors felt that his nuts should be in proportion to the size of his peanut brain

SpursIndonesia
02-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Just throwing a random thought out there, will Howard + spares for Bosh + Allen work for both teams ? I think Howard would love playing as LeBron sidekicks since he will be well fed & won't be the black sheep for any Miami mishap, while also gets plenty south beach booties to be thumped by his bible dong. Bosh & Allen will fit better with the Lakers current line up & offense.

UZER
02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Saw a clip somewhere with Kevin heart and Dwight. Dwight gave him a jersey and when Hart put it on it was all the way down to his knees. Dwight was laughing and Hart walked off stage saying "you won't be laughing when Kobe doesn't pass you the ball this season!" it was staged but wow was that accurate.

Vladimir Lenin
02-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Mother Russia would not put up with Mr.Howard

Fabbs
02-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Just throwing a random thought out there, will Howard + spares for Bosh + Allen work for both teams ? I think Howard would love playing as LeBron sidekicks since he will be well fed & won't be the black sheep for any Miami mishap, while also gets plenty south beach booties to be thumped by his bible dong. Bosh & Allen will fit better with the Lakers current line up & offense.
You would think the FagShow wouldn't go for this trade then again, unless they pull one of their scams they could lose Howard for nothing.
Naw they'll pull another scam.

Howard in Miami would be cool tho as I'm sure Bron and Pat Riles would get him to play. No dis on Bosh from me, he played great in the last two playoffs.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-05-2013, 10:36 AM
90% is definitely made up but I have no doubt Dwight was a much better FT shooter in HS than he is now. His rookie year he shot over 67% from the line and has shot below 60% every season since then which is probably due to how bulky his upper body got.

Riddler
02-05-2013, 10:41 AM
You would think the FagShow wouldn't go for this trade then again, unless they pull one of their scams they could lose Howard for nothing.
Naw they'll pull another scam.

Howard in Miami would be cool tho as I'm sure Bron and Pat Riles would get him to play. No dis on Bosh from me, he played great in the last two playoffs.
Lakers are going to have to make a move now. Pau is fed up with D'antoni, Dwight might walk.

midnightpulp
02-05-2013, 12:12 PM

:tu :lol

Lakaluve-esque, homie. Now all you need is a fascination with Naruto, and you'll become a worthy successor.