PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on tyreke evans?

RD2191
02-05-2013, 12:12 AM
would he fit in as a backup pg and take over as a starter when tony retires?

spurraider21
02-05-2013, 12:14 AM
super talented. not a great fit chemistry wise. he's a guy that needs to control the ball a lot. doesn't fit with our european style passing team. he'd be a better fit on the post-duncan spurs that needs that guy to take over

Boomersgold
02-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Great talent, has great size for a "point guard", but tbh, he's not really a point guard. He lacks the handles of a point guard (worse than Neal), and isn't quick enough to guard fast guards. He's also not a great passer, which is what we really need.

gambit1990
02-05-2013, 12:28 AM
backup pg? do you know who tyreke evans is?

HarlemHeat37
02-05-2013, 12:30 AM
:lol one of the most overrated players in the NBA..

Low IQ, still can't shoot, he will be completely useless once he loses his athleticism..

Of course he would be nice as a bench player, but there are plenty of shitty franchises that are willing to give him another shot as a top option..

Dr. Robert Lee
02-05-2013, 12:35 AM
would he fit in as a backup pg and take over as a starter when tony retires?
Scrub.

BatManu20
02-05-2013, 12:36 AM
backup pg? do you know who tyreke evans is?

This.

freetiago
02-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Great talent, has great size for a "point guard", but tbh, he's not really a point guard. He lacks the handles of a point guard (worse than Neal), and isn't quick enough to guard fast guards. He's also not a great passer, which is what we really need.

lol at how bad this was
stick to pattysucking

tyreke has some of the best handles in the game
hes actually become very solid defensively
his weakness has always been a lack of jumpshot
and he needs the ball in his hands to be good
but he doesnt have the vision to really be a guy with the ball in his hands all the time
hed be an ideal sixth man and if he ever gets a jumpshot or changes his game up a bit then he would be a good player

03ROpDutT2E

look_at_g_shred
02-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Dude is a shooting guard for christ's sakes. We need a true backup point guard. Not an SG forced to play PG (Manu, Neal, Nando) wish we could get a guy like Bledsoe

Dr. Robert Lee
02-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Well, we don't have a true starting point guard either, tbh. We haven't had one since Avery Johnson.

Boomersgold
02-05-2013, 01:02 AM
lol at how bad this was
stick to pattysucking

but he doesnt have the vision to really be a guy with the ball in his hands all the time
hed be an ideal sixth man and if he ever gets a jumpshot or changes his game up a bit then he would be a good player

03ROpDutT2E

LOL. "Stick to Patty sucking", says "freeTiago". That's a joke.

Having "Nasty Streetball/practice game Handles" doesn't necessarily translate to having a consistent NBA point guard handle. For example, I'd say that Tony Parker has better handles than Tyreke even though Parker's never been showcased in his own "Nasty Handles" highlight video, where he crosses over amateurs and high school players.

Tyreke isn't a point guard, as evidenced by the fact that he doesn't run the point guard spot in Sacremento.

Everything else that you said was basically a paraphrase of what I said. Not a great passer, and lacks vision of a point guard, but has the talents to potentially be a great player. :bang

freetiago
02-05-2013, 01:10 AM
The one point you made of him being as bad as gary neal at handling the ball who might be the worst in the nba at the point guard position would be like me saying Tim Duncan is as bad as Matt Bonner defensively

h_VLmDldc1w

ok heres him showing off his handles vs nba players winning rookie of the year while at it
and i would say pattysucking is putting down every backup point guard every chance you get to prop up mills who honestly is just as bad as neals is at handling and passing the ball
i made the username freetiago because he was chained to the bench when he could obviously play but im not a tiago homer just a spurs fan

and i honestly believe playing in Sacremento sucks out all the talent any players have
he probably could develop into a nice player if he ever leaves that horrible franchise
its only his 4th year so he has time

JJ Hickson went from 4/3 on 37% shooting in 19 minutes on Sacremento
to 13/11 on 56% shooting in 30 minutes

AussieFanKurt
02-05-2013, 01:10 AM
These threads are getting out of hand.. soon we'll have people talking about getting lebron james

DejuanorwhatDude
02-05-2013, 01:18 AM
There's been a pretty big lull between games over the past few games.

Boomersgold
02-05-2013, 01:22 AM
The one point you made of him being as bad as gary neal at handling the ball who might be the worst in the nba at the point guard position would be like me saying Tim Duncan is as bad as Matt Bonner defensively

h_VLmDldc1w

ok heres him showing off his handles vs nba players winning rookie of the year while at it
and i would say pattysucking is putting down every backup point guard every chance you get to prop up mills who honestly is just as bad as neals is at handling and passing the ball
i made the username freetiago because he was chained to the bench when he could obviously play but im not a tiago homer just a spurs fan

and i honestly believe playing in Sacremento sucks out all the talent any players have
he probably could develop into a nice player if he ever leaves that horrible franchise
its only his 4th year so he has time

JJ Hickson went from 4/3 on 37% shooting in 19 minutes on Sacremento
to 13/11 on 56% shooting in 30 minutes

I never said that Patty was a good ballhandler. I didn't mention Patty because he's currently a third string guard who barely gets playing time. The thread was about bringing in Evans for the BACKUP POINT GUARD SLOT, a slot that is currently held by Gary Neal, hence the comparing of Evans to Gary Neal.

I made the username freetiago because he was chained to the bench when he could obviously play but I'm not a tiago homer just a spurs fan.

LOL. If you put it that way, then the same could be said for me then. :bang If I remember correctly, you were fiercely defending Tiago at every opportunity earlier in the season (and last season) when Blair was the backup center, and Tiago was our third string.

"I'm a Patty fan because Patty's currently chained to the bench when he could obviously play (see Olympics against Spain and USA), but I'm not a Patty homer just a Spurs fan."

"and i honestly believe playing in Sacremento sucks out all the talent any players have
its only his 4th year so he has time"

I can agree with this. The Kings are like us in that they are indecisive in choosing who to play the point guard position. At first, it was Evans. Then they used Fredette; and when Fredette underperformed, they switched to Isiah Thomas. Then when they signed Aaron Brooks, they experimented with Brooks. Fredette is another player that would likely succeed if he is to ever move to a different scenery.

Dr. Robert Lee
These threads are getting out of hand.. soon we'll have people talking about getting lebron james
Done.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bj2eq6f

Good trade for us, IMO. RC should get on this.

SpursIndonesia
Tyreke Evans for a team like SA (with the installed system & discipline), is nothing more than a glorified Nando DeColo.

spurraider21
02-05-2013, 01:26 AM
whats funny is while tdmvpdpoy just exaggerates his actual points... dr robert lee is straight up trolling

freetiago
02-05-2013, 01:32 AM
I never said that Patty was a good ballhandler. I didn't mention Patty because he's currently a third string guard who barely gets playing time. The thread was about bringing in Evans for the BACKUP POINT GUARD SLOT, a slot that is currently held by Gary Neal, hence the comparing of Evans to Gary Neal.

LOL. If you put it that way, then the same could be said for me then. :bang If I remember correctly, you were fiercely defending Tiago at every opportunity earlier in the season (and last season) when Blair was the backup center, and Tiago was our third string.

"I'm a Patty fan because Patty's currently chained to the bench when he could obviously play (see Olympics against Spain and USA), but I'm not a Patty homer just a Spurs fan."

I can agree with this. The Kings are like us in that they are indecisive in choosing who to play the point guard position. At first, it was Evans. Then they used Fredette; and when Fredette underperformed, they switched to Isiah Thomas. Then when they signed Aaron Brooks, they experimented with Brooks. Fredette is another player that would likely succeed if he is to ever move to a different scenery.

It wasnt just me defending Tiago
youll find 100s of threads saying the same thing
as evidenced by the spurs becoming an elite defensive team by phasing out blair and bonner and inserting Tiago to the starting lineup it obviously worked
and the whole
Blair start = 30 rebounds for Bynum
Tiago start = 2 rebounds for Bynum

and no Patty has shit the bed everytime hes gotten a starting opportunity
so has de colo
only joseph hasnt had the chance and hes just too green at this point

and it sounds like you started following the spurs when mills joined
i actually remember you posting something like "why did everybody hate richard jefferson so much, his stats looked good"
no true spurfan would ever say that

Boomersgold
02-05-2013, 01:42 AM
It wasnt just me defending Tiago
youll find 100s of threads saying the same thing
as evidenced by the spurs becoming an elite defensive team by phasing out blair and bonner and inserting Tiago to the starting lineup it obviously worked
and the whole
Blair start = 30 rebounds for Bynum
Tiago start = 2 rebounds for Bynum

and no Patty has shit the bed everytime hes gotten a starting opportunity
so has de colo
only joseph hasnt had the chance and hes just too green at this point

and it sounds like you started following the spurs when mills joined
i actually remember you posting something like "why did everybody hate richard jefferson so much, his stats looked good"
no true spurfan would ever say that

LOL. Well, the backup point guard isn't exactly set in stone yet (due to the poor play of Gary Neal), so I'm allowed to be cheering for Patty to make the backup pg spot. You'll find that I'm not the only one wanting Neal out and either De Colo or Patty in.

Also, Patty hasn't "shit the bed" everytime he's gotten a starting opportunity. He's only started 5 times since being signed by the Spurs, and so there isn't a large enough sample size to form any conclusions. He did, however, score over 25 points twice last season (as a starter) against the Suns and the Warriors, who admittedly were "tanking". Not exactly shitting the bed..

I actually said something like "Why did everybody hate Richard Jefferson so much. When I saw him play, he didn't look that bad and even averaged 11+ points a game". I was just curious as to why spurstalk folk hate RJ so much. People on other Spurs forums, such as PtR, never showed this much animosity towards him (we never liked him, but we never showed so much hate for him either).

I'll admit to only being a Spurs fan for the last 3-4 years as that's when I could finally afford League Pass. Everyone has to start somewhere, buddy.

freetiago
02-05-2013, 01:58 AM
meant backup PG not starting
and yes hes underwhelmed everytime hes been the first "PG" off the bench

and other spurs forums are more politically correct and heavily modded
if people said things on that forum that they did here about Jefferson they would probably be banned

exstatic
02-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Dude is a shooting guard for christ's sakes. We need a true backup point guard. Not an SG forced to play PG (Manu, Neal, Nando) wish we could get a guy like Bledsoe

:lol:rollin:lol:rollin:lol:rollin:lol:rollin
Bledsoe is no more a PG than any of them, he's just smaller.

Seventyniner
02-05-2013, 08:28 AM
03ROpDutT2E

Easy to have sick handles when you palm/carry the ball every other dribble.

TJastal
02-05-2013, 09:29 AM
lol at how bad this was
stick to pattysucking

03ROpDutT2E

Wowwwwwwww...... he like dribbled between his legs and went around guys and made layups! Simply amazing...

Spur|n|Austin
02-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Well, we don't have a true starting point guard either, tbh. We haven't had one since Avery Johnson.

You're a shitty troll; just sayin'.

Dr. Robert Lee
02-05-2013, 10:17 AM
You're a shitty troll; just sayin'.
That's what she said.

Dr. Robert Lee
02-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Does Tony pay you to do his bidding on Spurs Talk?

look_at_g_shred
02-05-2013, 10:59 AM
:lol:rollin:lol:rollin:lol:rollin:lol:rollin
Bledsoe is no more a PG than any of them, he's just smaller.

Well he sure has me fooled.

Thompson
02-05-2013, 11:02 AM
I think Tyreke Evans was the driver when his cousin shot (& killed?) someone in a drive-by. Not Spurs material.

pad300
02-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Wouldn't trade for him - the Kings would want too much. As many have said in this thread, he's an SG not a PG (ie. he's not Tony's heir). As a FA pickup, he'd be interesting. He could (if things go right for him, best case) develop into a worthy heir to Manu - he's only 23, and Manu became significant to the Spurs at 26. ( Worst case is getting shown the money on his next contract and losing motivation). He needs to improve his shooting, his shot selection, and his willingness and timing when dishing the rock...

Mr. Body
02-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Nice talent, doesn't understand the game. Like most Calipari-coached players, he wasn't coached much at all and will never improve beyond his impressive promise.

dbestpro
02-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Don't want to open a new thread on players of speculation so I'll just throw this name out there. Marshon Brooks is one of those players i think who could be had for various spare parts. Might have to take another player or two to make it work, but I think this kid has a much higher ceiling than Danny Green.

Chinook
02-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Don't want to open a new thread on players of speculation so I'll just throw this name out there. Marshon Brooks is one of those players i think who could be had for various spare parts. Might have to take another player or two to make it work, but I think this kid has a much higher ceiling than Danny Green.

If the Spurs didn't have so many guards, he'd be intriguing to pick up for the future. But really, I'd rather have Green any day of the week as he fits the system better and is probably a better all-around player by a significant margin. A high ceiling means little to a title-chasing team.

freetiago
02-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Green is better then Brooks
brooks is like a worse version of JR smith
has the kobe mentality
bad shot selection and he thinks he has to shoot every shot off balance
Brooks has also been benched because of how bad his defense has been

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/968909/marshon.gif