PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Gasol will ask for a trade if still a Laker at season's end

Riddler
02-05-2013, 08:52 AM
In this mess of a Lakers season, there has remained one crazy, befuddling constant: Mike D’Antoni’s decision to embarrass and then bench Pau Gasol.
“It’s hard to know personalities if you don’t get in touch with them,” said Gasol, his relationship with the Lakers coach now cordial and tension-free but still anchored in disagreement.
Jim Buss said recently he was told by D’Antoni that Gasol was a happy camper now because D’Antoni was saving Gasol’s knees and prolonging his career (http://www.hoopsworld.com/gasol-frustrated-in-d-antonis-system/#).

It was amusing news to Gasol, who played 37 minutes against Minnesota and 40 versus Detroit.

“Never heard that,” he said.

“So do you ask for a fresh start elsewhere?”

“It’s a possibility,” he said, “yes.”

He will not request a trade before this month’s deadline, he said, although he knows there is interest from other teams for a starting center and he will be returning to the bench soon.
“I believe 100% if I was starting inside with Dwight we could make the playoffs. I just don’t know if coming off the bench gives the team a chance to be better and win more games.”

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/gasol-frustrated-in-d-antonis-system/#FZdhccMMJhXjUQqL.99

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-pau-gasol-20130205,1,4502285,full.column

Vladimir Lenin
02-05-2013, 10:46 AM
mavs

Clipper Nation
02-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Pau is a damn good player who deserves better than how he's been treated in LA, hopefully he ends up on a team who uses his skills right and appreciates him....

whitemamba
02-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Pau is a damn good player who deserves better than how he's been treated in LA, hopefully he ends up on a team who uses his skills right and appreciates him....

Pau has substantially declined. and i dont think it has anything to do with antoni's system. hes decline began at the end of 2011 regular season... sure he can still have some good nights, but he is not the same.. looks like we got what we needed out of him, unless he decides to magically become athletic, his future with la is dwindling

Koolaid_Man
02-05-2013, 05:39 PM

hey ghetto beezey...right now you take Pau and give us Jordan and Butler

dunkman
02-05-2013, 06:16 PM
The Spurs should try get him, but the $20M contract is just too toxic tbh.

ffadicted
02-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Come to TO tbqh

Bynumite
02-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Gasol is a big hairy vagina, he's going to continue pauting on the bench. But i'm sure there's a few WNBA teams interested in his services.

Clipper Nation
02-05-2013, 08:09 PM
hey ghetto beezey...right now you take Pau and give us Jordan and Butler

:lol Jordan and Dwight would be by far THE dumbest big man duo this league has ever seen... but no, it ain't happening, we want KG, not Pau...

Bynumite
02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Gasol is so unbelievably soft and is on the decline fast but leave it to spurfan to overrate is soft ass. I would continue to bring him off the bench once Dwight returns, lately he seems to have a better production that way and it helps LAL's second unit.

And if a player like Manu can come off the bench for years and years and not say a word about it, so can a 32 year old Pau.

Latarian Milton
02-05-2013, 11:26 PM
pau would be a good addition to mavs squad, he & dirk would complement each other well. the mavs have some assets appealing to the lakers and _'antoni like the expiring shit of kaman and that nigga marion who was a centerpiece of _'antoni's suns back then

Suspect
02-06-2013, 07:26 AM
rockets imo