PDA

View Full Version : Even Alicia Keys "National Anthem" is about racism.....

lebomb
02-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Most niggras thought it was amazingly done, most crackas hated it. Pretty :lol if you ask me. I guess noone will ever be on the same page again. :( ........... :depressed

UZER
02-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Why can't anything be sacred anymore? You stand the National Anthem. Especially if your singing it. (with the obvious handicapped exceptions).

She's not dumb though. She went looking for pub and she got it.

lebomb
02-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Why can't anything be sacred anymore? You stand the National Anthem. Especially if your singing it. (with the obvious handicapped exceptions).

I really can see your point about her adding to the national anthem at the end, but she sat to play the piano. How is that disrespectful?

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2013, 11:20 AM
if he/she dont like it, then gtfo...

bus driver
02-05-2013, 11:30 AM
it wasnt the best and it wasnt the worst.

but i wouldnt call it amazing.

UZER
02-05-2013, 11:33 AM
I don't mind people doing the song their own way as long as it doesn't deviate to far from the original. I love when it's played on a distorted electric guitar, but not as far as Hendrix took it with all the added stuff. One of my fave renditions is Marvin gayes all star game.

I'm just saying...if you're gonna sing the song...stand yo ass up.

lebomb
02-05-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't mind people doing the song their own way as long as it doesn't deviate to far from the original. I love when it's played on a distorted electric guitar, but not as far as Hendrix took it. One of my fave renditions is Marvin gayes all star game.

I'm just saying...of you're gonna sing the song...stand yo ass up.

I dont see the difference from what she did as compared to the two you just mentioned really. I actually forgot about those two.........which really, really were way off the original National Anthem.
Ive traveled alot, and any of these National Anthem changes in another country would have resulted in your ass getting :hang

UZER
02-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Marvin Gaye didn't change as much as you think. Hendrix was adding different songs within the national anthem, didn't like his version.

lebomb
02-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Marvin Gaye didn't change as much as you think. Hendrix was adding different songs within the national anthem, didn't like his version.

Well AK was crucified by some for the song being very slow. Marvin s was slowed down AT LEAST as much.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-05-2013, 11:59 AM
I've never understood the idea behind getting these big name stars to sing the anthem. It's not a song that should be done up big in most people's opinions, in which case you're just wasting the talents of any seasoned entertainer. At the risk of sounding like a terrible patriot most people I know who watch the game at home don't really watch the anthem anyways. It's more like the 2 minute warning. Game's about to start soon, piss if you gotta, top off your drink, load up the chip bowl. Getting a platinum selling artist doesn't help retain those eyeballs all that well for those precious 90 seconds. The flipside is that it's not like people are going to stop watching because of a bland anthem performance and completely turn the game off (or like the people in the stands are going to walk out). Obviously you need someone with enough experience to not shit themselves on national TV, but why not just use some of the singers from the armed forces? If you're worried about the pregame festivities becoming too militarized have Disney assemble a choir from the rejects in their child star production labs. Or get some no name with a bunch of Broadway experience. It's the one part of the whole thing that you don't want people talking about because if they are it's probably in negative terms. If the best case scenario is that it's going to be forgotten by Monday morning then why not just take a few simple steps to make it as forgettable as possible?

UZER
02-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Tempo is not changing the song structure, its just changing timing. My issue is her not standing while she was singing it. Just my opinion.

Bigzax
02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
She's not gonna stand and play the piano, she's not jerry lee lewis.

lebomb
02-05-2013, 12:12 PM
She's not gonna stand and play the piano, she's not jerry lee lewis.

hahaha

rascal
02-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Tempo is not changing the song structure, its just changing timing. My issue is her not standing while she was singing it. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't care if she was laying down while singing it. I don''t care about the national anthem, the song stinks anyways.

Jose can you see?

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Her voice sounded tone deaf and terrible...I couldn't give a shit if she sat and sang...it was just an awful performance that made your ears bleed.

lebomb
02-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Her voice sounded tone deaf and terrible...I couldn't give a shit if she sat and sang...it was just an awful performance that made your ears bleed.

What female performers do you think out sing her???

Trainwreck2100
02-05-2013, 03:02 PM
My issue, besides how awful her timing was, was she added her own words at the.

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2013, 03:06 PM
What female performers do you think out sing her???

You don't understand. I'm not saying she's a bad singer, but that night she was awful--how can you defend that performance? She must've fucked up her throat by doing a buncha blow earlier

lebomb
02-05-2013, 03:09 PM
You don't understand. I'm not saying she's a bad singer, but that night she was awful--how can you defend that performance? She must've fucked up her throat by doing a buncha blow earlier

I got ya.......... Yeah, I have heard her sound much better.

Jacob1983
02-06-2013, 01:39 AM
Just admit that you wanted her to stand up so you could see her ghetto booty.

ploto
02-06-2013, 09:54 AM
I did not mind the slow tempo that much but do not add or change the words.

I did not like what Jennifer Hudson did at all. The kids were good and her first verse was good, but then she had to go over the top with it and make it too much about her. I really liked Kelly Clarkson last year. She just stood there and sang it and had the kids join in for the second half.

jeebus
02-06-2013, 10:06 AM
I did not mind the slow tempo that much but do not add or change the words.

I did not like what Jennifer Hudson did at all. The kids were good and her first verse was good, but then she had to go over the top with it and make it too much about her. I really liked Kelly Clarkson last year. She just stood there and sang it and had the kids join in for the second half.
Hudson totally fucked up a Ray Lewis moment with her bullshit. Ray would've started speaking in tongues and having convulsions if the kids kept singing by themselves.

CubanMustGo
02-06-2013, 10:49 AM
She was only following the official "sporting event" arrangement guidelines:

http://wdtprs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/13_01_22_anthem.jpg

mrsmaalox
02-06-2013, 11:06 AM
LOL @ "milk it"!

I didn't see the performance myself, but you gotta expect that the singer is going to sing in the style that made them famous enough to land that gig in the first place. Like when they asked Roseanne to sing it at whatever it was and then everyone was SHOCKED! :lol But no one annoys me more with the "over-soulification" of every single syllable than Christina Aguilera!

CavsSuperFan
02-06-2013, 11:25 AM
I didn't see the performance myself

Alicia Keys was great...As usual...

lefty
02-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Alicia Keys sucks major donkey ass

Bigzax
02-06-2013, 12:57 PM
well get used to her, she's the nba allstar game halftime entertainment.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-06-2013, 01:32 PM

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101007224943/halofanon/images/9/98/Department-of-redundancy-department.gif

lebomb
02-06-2013, 02:19 PM

Well, you probably dont like Niggra music anyhow....but, I saw her live in concert and the last thing she does is suck major ass. She can sing and play a musical instrument. Talented my niggra!!!

FlaSpursFan
02-06-2013, 08:25 PM
I seriously dont get how the national anthem at every major sporting event has to take an hour. Cool your a famous singer and you have a great voice... now lets try not to take forever just to sing one small word.

Vladimir Lenin
02-07-2013, 03:35 AM
I seriously dont get how the national anthem at every major sporting event has to take an hour. Cool your a famous singer and you have a great voice... now lets try not to take forever just to sing one small word.

I love Alicia Keys

CubanMustGo
02-07-2013, 12:23 PM
One thing you gotta say about the old USSR, they had a great sounding anthem. You should like it, Lenin, it's basically a love song to you.

x72w_69yS1A

Trainwreck2100
02-07-2013, 12:30 PM
:cry hear that and know that those faggy SAS lost

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-07-2013, 01:05 PM
:cry hear that and know that those faggy SAS lost

:lol

"Bloody 'ell, we just got our arses kicked!"

rr2418
02-07-2013, 06:06 PM

I have more of an issue with the players not placing their hand over their heart or some of them chewing gum!

rr2418
02-07-2013, 06:10 PM
I've never understood the idea behind getting these big name stars to sing the anthem. It's not a song that should be done up big in most people's opinions, in which case you're just wasting the talents of any seasoned entertainer. At the risk of sounding like a terrible patriot most people I know who watch the game at home don't really watch the anthem anyways. It's more like the 2 minute warning. Game's about to start soon, piss if you gotta, top off your drink, load up the chip bowl. Getting a platinum selling artist doesn't help retain those eyeballs all that well for those precious 90 seconds. The flipside is that it's not like people are going to stop watching because of a bland anthem performance and completely turn the game off (or like the people in the stands are going to walk out). Obviously you need someone with enough experience to not shit themselves on national TV, but why not just use some of the singers from the armed forces? If you're worried about the pregame festivities becoming too militarized have Disney assemble a choir from the rejects in their child star production labs. Or get some no name with a bunch of Broadway experience. It's the one part of the whole thing that you don't want people talking about because if they are it's probably in negative terms. If the best case scenario is that it's going to be forgotten by Monday morning then why not just take a few simple steps to make it as forgettable as possible?

I agree with post! I always thought the national anthem should be sung in its standard rendition or played by a marching band. Heck, there are 1000's of college bands that would love to play the NA at the Superbowl.

Frank Dux
02-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Some people prefer their music in a neat little box that never changes.

CommanderMcBragg
02-07-2013, 06:20 PM
I have more of an issue with the players not placing their hand over their heart or some of them chewing gum!

Meh, 90% of the crowd does the same crap and continue to stuff their faces with nachos and hotdogs and not miss a beat.

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2013, 06:35 PM
My issue is her not standing while she was singing it. Just my opinion.

wgaf

fevertrees
02-07-2013, 06:40 PM
True black queen did the damn thing and typical honkeys would be rather see Kid Rock butcher the song. :lol:

rr2418
02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Meh, 90% of the crowd does the same crap and continue to stuff their faces with nachos and hotdogs and not miss a beat.

Those 90% aren't on national t.v.! Those players should respect their country.

rr2418
02-07-2013, 09:25 PM
wgaf

Apparently not you...boy!

rr2418
02-07-2013, 09:27 PM
True black queen did the damn thing and typical honkeys would be rather see Kid Rock butcher the song. :lol:

Nah, just rather see not put their spin on the anthem. Black, white, brown, green, blue, whatever...just sing the song the way it's suppose to be sung!

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Those 90% aren't on national t.v.! Those players should respect their country.

Shut the fuck up.

rr2418
02-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Shut the fuck up.

LOL! Well, I've learned your vocabulary is limited to just "4 words"!!! :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2013, 10:41 PM
and I've learned you love empty gestures

Vladimir Lenin
02-08-2013, 06:17 AM
One thing you gotta say about the old USSR, they had a great sounding anthem. You should like it, Lenin, it's basically a love song to you.

x72w_69yS1A

yes very good comrade

Darkwaters
02-09-2013, 09:54 AM
If she really wanted to be different she could have sang all four verses.

That would have confused the fuck out of a lot of people! :lol

Trainwreck2100
02-09-2013, 10:44 AM

x72w_69yS1A
I just want to add everywhere the Brooklyn nets visit, this should be the song they are introduced with.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-09-2013, 10:51 AM
My biggest issue is with people obsessed with sentimental bullshit like the national anthem and view anyone who doesn't take it as seriously as they do to be disrespecting their country.

leemajors
02-09-2013, 11:00 AM
My biggest issue is with people obsessed with sentimental bullshit like the national anthem and view anyone who doesn't take it as seriously as they do to be disrespecting their country.

Same with regional pride.

Trill Clinton
02-09-2013, 11:22 AM

same here.

Vladimir Lenin
02-10-2013, 07:25 AM
same here.

true true

Koolaid_Man
02-10-2013, 07:42 AM

"The Star Spangled Banner's going on right now and I don't celebrate that shit. I'm black." - Koolaid_Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxEk3S3erME

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Josh Howard won points with me when he said that.

silverblk mystix
02-10-2013, 11:19 AM
I really loved the parts that she sang through her WHITE side...

but...

I wasn't crazy about the parts she sang through her BLACK side...just sayin...

Bill_Brasky
02-10-2013, 11:20 AM

Yup. Usually religious people that have never volunteered anywhere or really done anything to help their fellow human being. But they pray(sit around and do nothing) for the troops and stand during the national anthem to make up for det!

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Yup. Usually religious people that have never volunteered anywhere or really done anything to help their fellow human being. But they pray(sit around and do nothing) for the troops and stand during the national anthem to make up for det!
:lol but they give 10% of their income to their pastor's new Lamborghini* fund which makes them feel morally superior

*yo chick she so thirsty

Bill_Brasky
02-10-2013, 11:27 AM
:lol but they give 10% of their income to their pastor's new Lamborghini* fund which makes them feel morally superior

*yo chick she so thirsty

:lmao they're about as useful as bathroom attendants at the strip club.

Which is a concept that I'm still fundamentally against.

Koolaid_Man
02-10-2013, 01:06 PM
:lmao they're about as useful as bathroom attendants at the strip club.

Which is a concept that I'm still fundamentally against.

^ dude you are so utterly mean spirited... but :lmao@ that shit...

rr2418
02-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Yeah, don't people know that being unpatriotic is totally uncool!! :rolleyes