PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Trade Thread

BatManu20
02-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Before everyone freaks on me out about another trade thread, it doesn't hurt to explore trade possibilities, however unlikely they may be. With that said, the trade deadline is quickly approaching and here are some trades that will probably never happen, but should.

- http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wkl4lx (+ a 1st round draft pick)*

Would fix our backup PG situation as he can handle the ball much better than Neal and you don't lose any shooting ability. Jimmer's only averaging 13 minutes p/ game this season.. it's no secret that Kings HC Keith Smart isn't a huge fan of him. He's just rotting away on the Kings bench right now. Should be a realistic target.

- http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8kgc54 (+ a 1st round draft pick)

Would give us another long, athletic wing who specializes in defense. He could play a huge role in guarding Durant should we meet them again in the playoffs. Tape shows that he's guarded him as well as anybody the past two years. And, the Bucks need 3 point shooting badly. Bonner might actually sound intriguing to them.

- http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cp4oafh (+2 1st round draft picks)

This would be the most ideal. If the Celtics do indeed decide to blow it up, there's only a couple teams I think Garnett would even waive his No-Trade Clause for. I think the Spurs could be one of them. I know he and Duncan aren't exactly best friends, but I think their relationship has been played up a bit too much. They can put their differences aside for 2 years to make another run at a championship. Would be beneficial to both parties. We lose Tiago, but you've got to give something to get something and Boston won't make a trade without him in it. This automatically puts us as the favorites imo.

- http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=asxvs37 (+ a 1st round draft pick)

This is the most unrealistic of the trade possibilities, simply because we don't have the assets to give up to require a top 3 pick like Williams. But, none the less Minnesota hasn't been shy about him being a potential trade piece. He just doesn't fit well in their offense, especially with Love eating up so many minutes at the 4 when healthy. Plus, Minnesota would get some much needed outside shooting. It would likely take more than this, even with two 1st round picks, to get Williams. But, I figured I'd throw it in there anyways. We get a good backup PG and another athletic big to bang down low, but who can also shoot the 3. Ginobili moves into a starting role at SG and Neal plays backup.

The Spurs have a small window to win another championship. We need to go all in on this year, and these trades would help us do that. Now go nuts.

Brunodf
02-05-2013, 04:56 PM
1- No
2- I like it but Bucks won't trade Mbah for trash
3- Garnett is a overpaid Tosb and has a non trade clause.
4- Good trade.

RD2191
02-05-2013, 04:57 PM
williams is garbage

BatManu20
02-05-2013, 05:14 PM
williams is garbage

I agree he's not worth the 2nd overall pick that Minnesota used to draft him, but to say he's garbage is ridiculous. He's still a 6'9 240 lb. athletic forward who can shoot the 3 and rebounds well. I imagine he'd be much better in our system than in Minnesota where he doesn't have a designated position. Plus, he's young and could play a lot of minutes to help eleviate Duncan so he can rest. If we could get him for the proposed offer, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Mal
02-05-2013, 05:23 PM
A like 4th one, but 2 first rounders are too much. Put CoJo or 2nd rounders. Plus I dont believe Sota would trade 2nd overall pick for late 1 round pick(s) and Danny Green.

Richie
02-05-2013, 05:31 PM
I think the Fredette one is most likely, but 2 first rounders is too much. Remember, you HAVE to make a first round pick every other year, meaning we can't trade our first rounder this year because we didn't make one last year.

Giving up 2 first round picks would mean losing our 2014 and 2016 picks. No thanks.

BatManu20
02-05-2013, 05:34 PM
I think the Fredette one is most likely, but 2 first rounders is too much. Remember, you HAVE to make a first round pick every other year, meaning we can't trade our first rounder this year because we didn't make one last year.

Giving up 2 first round picks would mean losing our 2014 and 2016 picks. No thanks.

You're right. Fify.

Mel_13
02-05-2013, 06:06 PM

The restriction is on trading first round picks in two consecutive future drafts. Last year's draft is over and doesn't matter anymore. A team can trade their first round pick on draft night every single year if they choose to.

The Spurs can trade their 2013 and 2015 picks , or their 2014 and 2016 picks, or any combination of future first rounders as long as they don't trade future first rounders in two consecutive years.

As to the OP. No to Jimmer. Trades 2 and 3 are wildly unrealistic. Trade 4 is intriguing. The Wolves may very well be looking to trim salary for next year because they're facing the same situation with Pekovic that the Spurs will face with Splitter. Taking on Williams is the sort of risk that the Spurs should consider.

BatManu20
02-05-2013, 06:16 PM
As to the OP. No to Jimmer. Trades 2 and 3 are wildly unrealistic. Trade 4 is intriguing. The Wolves may very well be looking to trim salary for next year because they're facing the same situation with Pekovic that the Spurs will face with Splitter. Taking on Williams is the sort of risk that the Spurs should consider.

Agreed. Plus, if were to make a this trade, after Duncan and Manu inevitably retire in a couple years, our starting 5 would look like this:

1. Parker
2. Neal/FA or draft pick
3. Leonard
4. Williams
5. Splitter or FA/draft pick

That's not a bad team to start as far as rebuilding goes. Or we might trade Parker to a contender and get a lottery pick. Either way, it'd be a nice transition into the rebuilding phase.

hooperflash
02-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Jimmer and Kawhi on the same team? Nice.

HarlemHeat37
02-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Jimmer has made improvements from an offensive standpoint, but he's one of the worst defenders I've ever seen, tbh..he also averages 1.3 APG to 1 TPG, he hasn't shown he can efficiently play backup PG..

99 Problems
02-05-2013, 07:01 PM
If Jimmer averaging 13 mpg that may be a bit deceptive. At times he's been high up the rotation and other times been chucked in for just a couple of minutes to stop him rusting on the bench. Overall I think Jimmer is fighting to stay in the NBA.

Beaverfuzz
02-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Four shitty ass trades. Go die in a tire fire.

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
02-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Four shitty ass trades. Go die in a tire fire.

harsh............................................. .........

i like the kg and courtney lee trade even tho it wont happen. kg and tim together would be dope.
i wouldnt mind mbah moute ( however the fuck you spell that dudes name ) either for defense

maverick1948
02-05-2013, 08:42 PM
# 1 Jimmer is not a PG.
#2 Bucks would never do it
#3 No to Garnett besides puts us over the Luxury tax
#4 Best trade of all but again over the luxury tax.

Watch the tax problems your trades create.

Obstructed_View
02-05-2013, 09:02 PM
If you're going to raid Boston for talent, don't you try to rent Pierce for this year and cut his ass loose before July 1?

Mugen
02-05-2013, 09:19 PM
If you're going to raid Boston for talent, don't you try to rent Pierce for this year and cut his ass loose before July 1?

Agreed. Pierce gets you past OKC/Miami. You can't play Tim/KG together when those teams go Lebron/KD at the 4.

DrunkTXLabrat
02-05-2013, 09:44 PM
come up with one for moultrie

T Park
02-05-2013, 09:55 PM
the trade to Minnesota is stupid. Trading Danny Green for a mediocre PF and a decent backup?

Garnett trade, no terrible.

Fredette sucks

Bucks wouldnt do that trade for a billion dollars...

exstatic
02-05-2013, 11:06 PM
A like 4th one, but 2 first rounders are too much. Put CoJo or 2nd rounders. Plus I dont believe Sota would trade 2nd overall pick for late 1 round pick(s) and Danny Green.

Their coach has no use at all for Williams. He's only playing now because Love is hurt, yet again. When Love is healthy, Williams sits. He doesn't even come off the bench.

DPG21920
02-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Is it just me, or has this been a pretty unusually quiet trade time? Sure, we had the huge Harden trade pre-season & then the big Rudy Gay trade involving some decent names, but with the CBA changes amongst other things was anyone else expecting a lot more chatter?

There have been some whispers, but most of the talk stems from nearly completely fictional trade scenarios which is surprising given the landscape of the league going forward. There is still plenty of time & we know after the ASB is when you see more action, but anyone else feel this way?

Mel_13
02-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Is it just me, or has this been a pretty unusually quiet trade time? Sure, we had the huge Harden trade pre-season & then the big Rudy Gay trade involving some decent names, but with the CBA changes amongst other things was anyone else expecting a lot more chatter?

There have been some whispers, but most of the talk stems from nearly completely fictional trade scenarios which is surprising given the landscape of the league going forward. There is still plenty of time & we know after the ASB is when you see more action, but anyone else feel this way?

There's definitely less chatter here on ST than there's been in several years. That probably can be attributed to having a more complete team than in previous years. And no RJ.

DPG21920
02-15-2013, 03:12 PM
For sure on ST, but even league-wide just seems like there is usually a lot more smoke. Wonder if there is one or two big pieces holding everything up (Josh Smith, Al Jefferson/Millsap and maybe Dwight/Pau?) that once that happens, it triggers a lot of other smaller moves (Ben Gordon, JJ Reddick, DeJuan Blair...)

Mel_13
02-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Also, teams with projected cap space seem more reluctant to use that space in a trade than in previous seasons. The new CBA and the increases in the tax are surely factors.