Broncos +800
Packers +1000
Texans +1000
Seahawks +1200
Steelers +1400
Ravens +1400
Falcons +1600
Giants +2000

It seems like Vegas thinks the Ravens SB win is an absolute fluke and is rating 7 teams more likely to win it next year.

I do agree with the odds though.

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Don't be a sore loser. It has nothing to do with a fluke...it's just understood that they'll be cutting/not retaining a lot of key veterans next season. Boldin, Reed, and Kruger will all be gone, and that's likely just the tip of the iceberg.

Ghazi
02-05-2013, 07:51 PM
I dunno DD. Vegas seems stubborn sometimes when it comes to NFL. Ravens were a 2 score dog to the Broncos/Pats and a dog to the Niners... and it feels like t carries over in these early odds.

Meanwhile the Patriots were slurped by Vegas all year and open as the favorite

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2013, 07:53 PM
The Patriots (or Packers) are always the favorites.

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2013, 07:56 PM
I love the Steelers if Wallace is somehow brought back. That team's gonna comeback with a vengeance next season.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-05-2013, 08:13 PM
It's not calling the Ravens' superbowl a fluke, it's factoring the fact Baltimore is for sure going to lose Ray Lewis and probably several other key players in order to resign Flacco.

Ghazi
02-05-2013, 08:33 PM
yea.. would never count that team out even w/ the OL issues and the defense declining.

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Pittsburgh's 2nd rounder OT Mike Adams had a rough start but started to play well late in the season...don't forget they lost David DeCastro (stud rookie OG from Stanford) in the preseason too. They also lost OLB Sean Spence (from the U) in preseason. Pittsburgh always drafts well and if they can somehow get lucky health-wise (like the 49ers) then I wouldn't want to play them come playoff time

JoeTait75
02-05-2013, 08:52 PM
I love the Steelers if Wallace is somehow brought back. That team's gonna comeback with a vengeance next season.

I've been burned burying that team prematurely before, but man they looked creaky this season.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-05-2013, 09:06 PM
The Steelers will have an elite passing game if their offense stays healthy this year. They've rebuilt their line with Pouncey, DeCastro and Adams, and I love their group of receivers assuming Wallace stays. Their defense is why I'm hesitant as it had too many key parts get old simultaneously.

HarlemHeat37
02-05-2013, 11:27 PM
If the Broncos fire John Fox, which is highly unlikely, I'm pretty confident they would win the SB..

Green Bay is my pick if they ever fix that defense, but I've been saying that for 2 years, tbh..

Ice009
02-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Why do the Ravens have to get rid of Bolden? I don't follow the NFL that much, so I am not sure how their salary cap works.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-05-2013, 11:31 PM
If the Broncos fire John Fox, which is highly unlikely, I'm pretty confident they would win the SB..

Green Bay is my pick if they ever fix that defense, but I've been saying that for 2 years, tbh..

Both Green Bay and New England have gotten too complacent by surrounding their elite QB with a shitty incomplete team of guys who need the QB to make every play. Both teams fail the eye test in a weird way as if every time they win they do so looking like they overcame a huge physical disadvantage. They'd be the two favorites in each conference is they actually built a complete team.

Ghazi
02-05-2013, 11:49 PM
as for the rest:

+3000: Redskins, Bears, Bengals, Cowboys
+4000:Chargers, Lions, Vikings, Colts
+5000: Panthers, Jets, Eagles, Dolphins, Rams, Browns, Chiefs
+6000: Bucs
+10,000: Cardinals, Bills, Titans
+15,000: Raiders, Jaguars

If I had to make a value pick, I'd go w/ the Panthers. They were a relatively solid teams on both sides of the ball this year but had horrible special teams and blew a lot of close games and had a brutal schedule. Would not be surprised to see them make the playoffs next year.

Darth_Pelican
02-06-2013, 12:00 AM
What are the Saints odds? I don't see them in either of your lists.

DeadlyDynasty
02-06-2013, 12:00 AM
I like the Eagles over the Panthers if we're talking value picks. New coaching staff with a very talented roster. Whatever gimmicky offense he decides to run the first year will likely work (but just for a year). He's used to the speed advantage at Oregon--and although the gap in talent is nonexistent at the pro-level--he still has a boatload of burners on the offensive side of the ball, with DJx, Maclin, McCoy, and Vick himself.

DeadlyDynasty
02-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Also, how did the Chiefs escape the 15000 pool, with Jags and Raiders?

Ghazi
02-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Saints are +1600, forgot to type em out bleh

Ghazi
02-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Chiefs surprised me as well... not only escaped 15000, but escaped 10,000

unles its a glitch on the site, thats just the way it is :p

JoeTait75
02-06-2013, 08:56 AM

The Chiefs do have some talent. If they can get competent coaching and QB play they won't be a bad team. The Jags and Raiders are just completely hopeless.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-06-2013, 09:10 AM
The Cardinals escaping that pool is what I find amazing. They finished the season 1-11 and fired their one competent coach.

lefty
02-06-2013, 11:28 AM
lmao Chargers
lmao Raiders

djohn2oo8
02-06-2013, 11:42 AM
If Schaub went down with a season ending injury, they would have a better chance of taking the division.

Clipper Nation
02-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Peyton would still choke....

Chinook
02-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Pittsburgh's 2nd rounder OT Mike Adams had a rough start but started to play well late in the season...don't forget they lost David DeCastro (stud rookie OG from Stanford) in the preseason too. They also lost OLB Sean Spence (from the U) in preseason. Pittsburgh always drafts well and if they can somehow get lucky health-wise (like the 49ers) then I wouldn't want to play them come playoff time

The thing is, Pittsburgh's in cap hell. Right now about 92 percent of their cap (110/120 Million) is devoted to 10 players. That's not counting Wallace, of course. I don't think they keep him or do much in free agency. They also have very little leeway to get more room. They've really restructured to the limit. Even if they start cutting people, they have almost $50 Million in cap penalties tied up in those contracts. It's very possible that they start hemorrhaging mid-level players. They better hope for a solid draft if they don't want to be in Browns' territory next season.

Also, the Ravens aren't in too terrible of a cap position. Right now, they have about $6 Million in cap space (Schefter messed up his numbers somehow) and that's not including obvious cuts/retirements (Lewis, Birk, Bobbie Williams). If they can avoid tagging Flacco, it's possible that they only need to restructure/extend Boldin and Jones and maybe cut Leach to be all right. They'll lose some free agents, but they always do. I don't see them being in any worse of a position than New England, Green Bay or Houston.

TIMMYtoZO
02-06-2013, 03:12 PM
The Giants will be a threat if they quit beating themselves. They will lose Osi, Bradshaw, and probably Kenny Phillips but Jerry Reese has their replacements ready. Victor Cruz isn't going anywhere. If the Giants can give a shit for 3/4 of the season, they would be deadly come January. Elite Manning and this pass rush raises their game up when it comes to the postseason. They just need to quit beating themselves. :lol

TIMMYtoZO
02-06-2013, 03:13 PM
All the Broncos need to do is improve their interior pass rush aka defensive tackle spot. They are set everywhere else.

Phillip
02-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Broncos and 49ers should be the favorites in their conferences. They are the two most complete teams in the NFL.

Packers and Pats need a little work on their defense, but are right on the doorstep. Perhaps even just one solid signing or a young athlete blooming to stardom could vault either of them into the Superbowl.

Texans, Seahawks, and Falcons are all pretty complete teams, but just not as talent heavy as the Broncos and 49ers. If they have a run of good fortune like the Ravens had, they could find their way into the SB also.

Cowboys have comparable talent levels to the Broncos and 49ers, but their coaching is so incredibly awful that you can't rely on them to do anything. If they simply had a competent coach, they could be a serious SB contender. If they somehow lured Gruden back into coaching, I'd definitely say to watch out for them. But Jerry is too much in love with Garrett.

OTOH, I think the Raiders are an early favorite for getting the #1 overall pick next year... smh. So frustrating. Al Davis died, and they still find a way to be a shithole franchise. :depressed

Lincoln
02-06-2013, 03:51 PM

The chiefs are a game managing QB away from making some noise. Good o line, playmakers on both sides of the ball too. I'd be happy if Alex smith went there with Andy Reid tbh if I was a chiefs fan

Edward
02-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Cowboys have comparable talent levels to the Broncos and 49ers

No

tlongII
02-07-2013, 09:25 PM
The Seahawks are more talented than the 49ers. They should be the favorites.

Monostradamus
02-08-2013, 01:30 AM
I think with competent coaching the Cowboys would absolutely be one of the top 5 teams in the NFL. Since Romo isn't the field general that guys like Brady/Rodgers/Manning are, he needs a strong head coach. No different than Brees or Flacco. Brees had no HC this year and his team licked balls. If Flacco had Jason Garrett walking the sidelines and Aspergering shit up, the Ravens would have gone 8-8 like Dallas.

Pelicans78
02-08-2013, 08:04 PM
I think with competent coaching the Cowboys would absolutely be one of the top 5 teams in the NFL. Since Romo isn't the field general that guys like Brady/Brees/Manning are, he needs a strong head coach. No different than Brees or Flacco. Brees had no HC this year and his team licked balls. If Flacco had Jason Garrett walking the sidelines and Aspergering shit up, the Ravens would have gone 8-8 like Dallas.

To be fair, Brees also had the worst defense in history. But yeah, losing Payton hurt since he made the whole team and coaching staff accountable. Brees also had a sub par year for his standards.

I do agree that Romo would do fine with a strong head coach. Garrett isn't that guy.

LnGrrrR
02-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Pretty good odds for the Falcons.