PDA

View Full Version : If Utah doesn't take whatever bait we throw them for Jefferson, could this happen?

ChaseReynolds
02-06-2013, 05:00 PM
If Utah decides to stay the course and hold on to Al Jefferson, would it be crazy to try and swing this deal (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ca4lk4s) for arguably one of the better power forwards in the game?

We deal away Steven Jackson's $10M expiring contract, unload DeJuan Blair because it will please The Pop, and say our tearful goodbyes to Matt Bonner. In return, Kevin Love comes to a championship caliber team (that he would love to re-sign with) and takes his place as heir apparent behind the best power forward in NBA history. Minnesota gets something almost identical to the fleeting Love: a rebound machine, a three-point sniper, and a pretty big expiring contract.

So, what do you think?

Richie
02-06-2013, 05:02 PM
This is as bad as the Durant thread earlier today.

Why bother with Love when we can do the same deal for Lebron?

txstr1986
02-06-2013, 05:04 PM
If Utah decides to stay the course and hold on to Al Jefferson, would it be crazy to try and swing this deal (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ca4lk4s) for arguably one of the better power forwards in the game?

We deal away Steven Jackson's $10M expiring contract, unload DeJuan Blair because it will please The Pop, and say our tearful goodbyes to Matt Bonner. In return, Kevin Love comes to a championship caliber team (that he would love to re-sign with) and takes his place as heir apparent behind the best power forward in NBA history. Minnesota gets something almost identical to the fleeting Love: a rebound machine, a three-point sniper, and a pretty big expiring contract.

So, what do you think?

I think you should avoid starting stupid trade threads with your first post.

spurraider21
02-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Kevin love and Kevin Durant trade threads... Might as well call this site spursground

hooperflash
02-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Everyday it's a new GNSF starting threads :nope

ChaseReynolds
02-06-2013, 05:14 PM
I understand that this trade would be highly unlikely, but as bad as daydreaming about a Durant trade? Durant isn't hanging his toes over the bow ready to jump ship. Kevin Love is attainable at the right price. Maybe I'm mistaken in thinking that the Spurs can afford that price.

Also, I apologize for not respecting some sort of unwritten hierarchy of rights regarding new threads. I respectfully request you get over it.

Richie
02-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Kevin Love is attainable at the right price. Maybe I'm mistaken in thinking that the Spurs can afford that price.

Kevin Love might be traded, but Spurs absolutely can't afford him. Even Kawhi wouldn't be enough to get him, someone would come along with a star + good picks for him.

Brunodf
02-06-2013, 05:19 PM
:lmao 0.5/10

Spur|n|Austin
02-06-2013, 05:25 PM
What's going on around here?

Hoops Czar
02-06-2013, 05:39 PM
If the Spurs would replace the names Blair and Bonner with Leonard, splitter, and De crapo, Minny probably wouldn't hang up the phone. And I wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger.

But if you think The T-wolves are going to give up a top ten player for broken down spare parts, then you're truly are out of your effing mind. And if you think Minnesota would be getting something identical in return for love (Bonner and Blair), then you're truly, truly out of your effing mind. And if Bonner and Blair combined are as good as you say, which they aren't, then they don't need Love. Your trade proposal doesn't benefit Minnesota at all but that's the point I guess.