PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Active HOF Locks?

austin
02-06-2013, 09:01 PM
How many active players do you think are 100%, sure-fire locks for the Hall of Fame (just considering their NBA productivity for the sake of discussion)? I'd 10 sure-fire, if they dropped dead tomorrow, they are still definitely in:
1. Kobe
2. Duncan
3. KG
4. Dirk
5. Kidd
6. James
7. Wade
8. Pierce
9. Ray Allen
10. Nash

Then, on the edge, but not-locks, I'd have seven more guys.

11. Durant 12. Carmelo Anthony 13. Parker 14. Ginobli 15. Gasol 16. Howard 17. Bosh

A couple of guys have numbers (Jamison, Vince Carter, McGrady) ... but this ain't baseball. I think a guy like Dennis Johnson being inducted (a 3 time NBA champion and Finals MVP with lots of All-NBA defensive seasons) shows that HOF success isn't measured in career stats.

Who are you sure-thing HOFers??

spurraider21
02-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Parker, Ginobili, Gasol will all make it. I'd also add Iverson to the list.

admiralfats
02-06-2013, 09:10 PM
i guess you didn't hear that bosh locked up the hall of fame 2 or 3 years ago

irishock
02-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Howard's above Anthony imo

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2013, 09:33 PM
100% locks: KG, Lebron, Dirk, Wade, Kobe, Nash, Duncan, Ginobili, Kidd

Near-locks: Pierce, Gasol, Ray Allen, Parker

Likely: Carter, Rose, Bosh, Grant Hill, Durant

Clipper Nation
02-06-2013, 09:36 PM

I agree, except CP3 is also a lock...

Thebesteva
02-06-2013, 09:37 PM
i guess you didn't hear that bosh locked up the hall of fame 2 or 3 years ago

:lol was about to mention that myself

irishock
02-06-2013, 09:38 PM

Allen and Pierce are locks if they retire today

Thebesteva
02-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Howard's above Anthony imo

Dwight Howard? At the moment, it's very possible that he becomes part of the HOF someday. But there's also alot of reasons to have doubt as well.

Arcadian
02-06-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm going to say NO to Howard. Fuck that guy.

Latarian Milton
02-07-2013, 02:18 AM
durant is a dead lock for HOF if he continues with the good path. pierce is as safe a HOF'er as KG imho.

Spur_Fanatic
02-07-2013, 02:26 AM

This. I'd put Durant as a near-lock, though.
And remove Rose from the "Likely" group.

I agree, except CP3 is also a lock...

No, he is not a lock. A likely, for sure. In a few years, yeah, he'll be a lock (or very a near one). Same with Rose.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2013, 02:27 AM
Ray Allen is a stone cold lock for the HOF. Shouldn't even be in the discussion. The all time #1 3 point shooter in the NBA isn't a lock?

Venti Quattro
02-07-2013, 02:32 AM
Kobe, Pierce, LeBron and Garnett are the most solid locks for HOF. There's no reason why Nash and Allen shouldn't be in. Manu and Pau get in because of their mixed NBA + international achievements.

Dirk ... first European RS MVP and a ring are irrefutable.

Bosh is gonna get in but it's probably gonna take him a long time.

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2013, 02:38 AM
Ray Allen is a lock, but I put him in "near locks" because based on his actual career, I wouldn't group him with the guys in the first list..Allen was overrated in his prime, similar to Reggie Miller, tbh..

Derrick Rose is probably a lock, tbh..IIRC, every MVP winner is in the HOF..

sook
02-07-2013, 02:40 AM
Kobe, Garnett, Duncan, Dirk, Nash (this shouldn't even be a discussion some of you guys underrate him), Kidd, Ray Allen, Lebron, Parker, Wade, Pierce (I guess the guy won FMVP?)

I feel compelled to put CP3, HIGHLY likely but I wouldn't say Lock yet.
Those are locks.

And fuck all you guys putting the dinosaur on that list.

Venti Quattro
02-07-2013, 02:41 AM
Jannero Pargo holds Chris Paul's keys to the HOF.

Spur_Fanatic
02-07-2013, 02:41 AM
Ah, true. I forgot he won a MVP thingie.
Yeah, true. Ok, so he is kinda a lock (though I'd like to see him play some more first if I were to bet money on it, ofc).

Venti Quattro
02-07-2013, 02:48 AM
I'd also add Iverson to the list.

never gonna make it.

Mal
02-07-2013, 02:50 AM
Locks: Duncan, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Ginobili, KG, Pierce, Allen, Gasol, Nash, Dirk
Likely: Parker, Kidd
No yet but will earn this: Durant, Paul, Rose,
No way: Bosh, Melo,

sook
02-07-2013, 02:52 AM
Locks: Duncan, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Ginobili, KG, Pierce, Allen, Gasol, Nash, Dirk
Likely: Parker, Kidd
No yet but will earn this: Durant, Paul, Rose,
No way: Bosh, Melo,
Not disuputing the basketball side of your reasoning, just cut and clear evidence from the last 50 yrs...how the fuck do you Ginobili as a lock and Parker as "Likely"? Parker is a finals MVP, the guy is a lock. Ginobili is likely. You probably made a typo. I forgive.

sook
02-07-2013, 02:52 AM
never gonna make it.

don't like him but he should. One of the most iconic players to play the last decade.

Mal
02-07-2013, 02:58 AM
Not disuputing the basketball side of your reasoning, just cut and clear evidence from the last 50 yrs...how the fuck do you Ginobili as a lock and Parker as "Likely"? Parker is a finals MVP, the guy is a lock. Ginobili is likely. You probably made a typo. I forgive.

Cause it`s basketball HOF, not NBA Hof, and Gino won everything in such regard.

Parker is likely, cause there are about 10th players deserving it more at the time.

Venti Quattro
02-07-2013, 02:58 AM
don't like him but he should. One of the most iconic players to play the last decade.

Rodman was worse than Iverson but he delivered the rings so there's no problem there. AI never won one, plus he got into run-ins with the league and the law.

Maybe, but very hazy.

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2013, 03:03 AM
Iverson won MVP, he's a lock..

Splits
02-07-2013, 03:07 AM

HOF is not based only on the NBA, although his Spurs career is probably enough to get him in. Manu has a fuggin gold medal, leading his team over an American squad with Bron, Wade, Duncan, Melo, Iverson. Not to mention European championships, MVPs in Euroleague Finals and Italian League. Dude didn't even enter the NBA until he was 25. Manu is a cold lock HOFer.

Venti Quattro
02-07-2013, 03:07 AM
Iverson won MVP, he's a lock..

You're right, I almost forgot that HOF is about individual accomplishments -- unless you're gonna get inducted as a team.

AussieFanKurt
02-07-2013, 03:12 AM
Durant will make it because he's so nice and loves his mummy

Monkeyboy14
02-07-2013, 03:25 AM
As of this EXACT second, parker and ginobili ahead of Lebron.. duh. Not saying thats how it will end, but right now, yes. They have both accomplished so much more than lebron so far

Spur_Fanatic
02-07-2013, 03:40 AM
As of this EXACT second, parker and ginobili ahead of Lebron.. duh. Not saying thats how it will end, but right now, yes. They have both accomplished so much more than lebron so far

*homerism aside*

In a perfect world of team basketball, yeah. On our world, no.
2/3 years ago, I probably would have agreed with you completely.

Vladimir Lenin
02-07-2013, 03:41 AM
I'm going to say NO to Howard. Fuck that guy.

Screw Howard. Amen Arcadian (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=26393)

Vladimir Lenin
02-07-2013, 03:41 AM
Durant will make it because he's so nice and loves his mummy

:lol

spurraider21
02-07-2013, 06:02 AM

If Parker is a lock then Chauncey should be too. Roughly the same impact on the league imo, although Parker is still writing his legacy, arguably having his best year now, so that remains to be seen on second thought.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Jannero Pargo holds Chris Paul's keys to the HOF.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/185tnmdarm21dgif/original.gif