PDA

View Full Version : yahoo talks about tiago splitter

Bong
02-07-2013, 12:23 AM
im just a little surprised as we all know ESPN and Yahoo does not usually commend the spurs, here's the article

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/tiago-splitter-comfortable-own-house-flourishing-san-antonio-190146616--nba.html

TE
02-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Good stuff :tu

freetiago
02-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Trying to hype Splitter so he signs for more then the Spurs are willing to give him tbh
always finding ways to keep SA down

Molotov
02-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Why does spurfan refer to this overrated scrub as The Golden God? The homo erotic undertones are palpable to say the least.

PÒÓCH
02-07-2013, 12:45 AM
"If the Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford-era San Antonio Spurs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/sas;_ylt=ApGGv3J0SWaRD_BqCp7KZJImYsp_;_ylu=X3oDMTF lNXQ3ZnY3BG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzEwBHNlYwNNZWRpY UJsb2dCb2R5QXNzZW1ibHk-;_ylg=X3oDMTM2ZGgwOGRiBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDYjhmYzg1YzctMTk2MC0zNjdmLWIyMWItOWVkYzY2OT dhNjUyBHBzdGNhdANuYmF8YmFsbGRvbi0zOS10bGllBHB0A3N0 b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3) aren’t the most respectable team in NBA history, then we’ve sussed this out all incorrectly"

Darkwaters
02-07-2013, 06:15 AM
"If the Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford-era San Antonio Spurs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/sas;_ylt=ApGGv3J0SWaRD_BqCp7KZJImYsp_;_ylu=X3oDMTF lNXQ3ZnY3BG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzEwBHNlYwNNZWRpY UJsb2dCb2R5QXNzZW1ibHk-;_ylg=X3oDMTM2ZGgwOGRiBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDYjhmYzg1YzctMTk2MC0zNjdmLWIyMWItOWVkYzY2OT dhNjUyBHBzdGNhdANuYmF8YmFsbGRvbi0zOS10bGllBHB0A3N0 b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3) aren’t the most respectable team in NBA history, then we’ve sussed this out all incorrectly"

This is why I love the Spurs so much. When this team breaks apart, and by that I mean Pop, RC and the Big 3, I just don't know how I'll feel. If we get a team full of punks and thugs like JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony, it's going to be tough to respect them. Timmy, Pop and Co....they just work for me. They bring a professionalism to a league that revolves around a corrupt commissioner and a bunch of thug players.

SupremeGuy
02-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Trying to hype Splitter so he signs for more then the Spurs are willing to give him tbh
always finding ways to keep SA downHaven't read the article, but this was the first thing that went through my mind... lol

therealtruth
02-07-2013, 07:27 AM
I don't get the justification for not starting him in '10. Because he wouldn't be good now if Blair and Bonner hadn't taken most of his minutes? How about he would have been good sooner and our defense would have been better and we might already have #5 by now.

TJastal
02-07-2013, 07:33 AM
This is why I love the Spurs so much. When this team breaks apart, and by that I mean Pop, RC and the Big 3, I just don't know how I'll feel. If we get a team full of punks and thugs like JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony, it's going to be tough to respect them. Timmy, Pop and Co....they just work for me. They bring a professionalism to a league that revolves around a corrupt commissioner and a bunch of thug players.

:clap

Well said.

Spursfanfromafar
02-07-2013, 07:41 AM

I just believe that the Spurs will manage to continue the thing going even without TD, Pop & Co. Even if they aren't competing for championships (I hope they would), they would still be a class organization for sometime more. I have a lot of faith in the FO and the Spurs culture.

Captivus
02-07-2013, 08:09 AM

I think that with the core of Parker, Leonard, Splitter, the Spurs will remain a classy team.

John B
02-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Tiago is a consumate profesional who let his work speak for itself and does what his coach wants him to do. His hard work will be rewarded this summer. And like the big 3 who sacrificed moneywise to keep the gang together, he will not demand too much like other overpaid players but will sign a reasonable long term contract with the Spurs knowing it's the best organization of all profesional sports. Great job to the FO on finding quality players like Tiago. Now if he can only improve those ugly semi hook from the hips

bigfan
02-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Front office will make him a strong offer before free agency I bet. I hope the guy stays.

buttsR4rebounding
02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I think Splitter signs for a 5 year $40 million deal with the Spurs this off season assuming he doesn't get traded for Al Jefferson.

Spur|n|Austin
02-07-2013, 11:45 AM
:tu

hater
02-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Splitter is a true pro. period

PÒÓCH
02-07-2013, 06:02 PM

Their genious is just now being exalted by the majority of the NBA pundits, thus the conundrum exists of wether or not they decide to stick around or join the frey of over paid basketball head honchos who go for the bright lights and celebrity laden publicity markets. I bet this drives the Mark Cubans and the Jerry Buss's of the world mad.