PDA

View Full Version : Sam Dalembert on Trading Block after Career Night

wildbill2u
02-07-2013, 12:51 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/samuel-dalembert-drops-career-best-game-immediately-put-202343705--nba.html

Pretty flattering article on Dalembert's abilities. I don't have any special feeling about trading for him as a Spur big. But everyone is always looking to replace what we have--Bonner, Blair, Diaw, etc. They don't seem to me to be worth much in a trade, no matter how you dress it up.

I don't know if he would fit or whether we have enough trade bait to get him. That's for you trade gurus. But I wouldn't trade Splitter for him even-up because Splitter knows the system and is coming into his own, is younger and doesn't have any bad attitude vibes. So why would we need him, supposing we could make a sensible trade for both teams.

At least this isn't a thread about getting one of the ALL-Star players in a trade for our end of the bench players.

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Dalembert would give Pop fits, tbh..he's a low IQ player, I don't like him in the Spurs system..Miami should have taken him in the off-season, since he expressed interest in joining them, I'm guessing they'll attempt a move for him soon(limited assets though)..

Honestly, the Spurs are past the point of needing a big IMO..Duncan/Splitter/Diaw is a very good trio, and they have Baynes/Bonner for situational purposes..

I'm more concerned with the wing spots at this point..I don't trust Danny Green in the playoffs, and Jackson looks done(although I wouldn't be surprised if he's coasting)..Neal is terrible right now, and Mills/De Colo aren't special..

The Spurs are in need of either a backup PG(Maybe one of Minnesota's PGs?) or a veteran wing player IMO(current version of Vince Carter would be nice right now)..

Hoops Czar
02-07-2013, 01:58 AM
Obviously Harlem hasn't seen De Colo play.... lol at a backup pg, tbh.

ElNono
02-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Don't want

SpursIndonesia
02-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Vince Carter, what is his contract situation ? Is there any possibility to get him here, fact that the Mavs ain't contender nowadays & that should be his aim, winning championship ?

exstatic
02-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Best time to sell. Most of the time, Dalembert is an idiot out there.

Do not want.

snickles
02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Vince Carter, what is his contract situation ? Is there any possibility to get him here, fact that the Mavs ain't contender nowadays & that should be his aim, winning championship ?

from what i've read the mavs dont want to part ways with carter. as part of the raps/griz trade, calderon was offered to dallas for vince, and cuban said no.

at least according to several online news/rumor sites.

SpursIndonesia
02-07-2013, 05:08 PM
from what i've read the mavs dont want to part ways with carter. as part of the raps/griz trade, calderon was offered to dallas for vince, and cuban said no.

at least according to several online news/rumor sites.

OK, thx for the info bro. I guess with a disillusioned & petty owner like Cuban, it's all about himself, never about his player. :greedy