PDA

View Full Version : Help on watching 3D TV

spursncowboys
02-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Just bought a 3d TV. Do I now have to buy a 3d dvd player or can my ps3 work?

When you put it on 3d mode, does it try and make all HD channels 3d?

leemajors
02-07-2013, 10:51 AM
http://bit.ly/XqF40e

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2013, 10:56 AM
u can buy green and red cellophane and cut to make glasses...

Drachen
02-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Just bought a 3d TV. Do I now have to buy a 3d dvd player or can my ps3 work?

When you put it on 3d mode, does it try and make all HD channels 3d?

some TVs can "upscale" 2d to 3d, however that isn't really what it is meant for (though mine did a good job with this when I tested it using the intro to "the big bang theory"). You need a 3d blue ray player and a 3d movie to get the most out of it. I've found that I don't care enough for 3d to purchase a dang movie at 35 dollars (3d wasn't a selling point to me, it just happened to come with my TV).

Captivus
02-07-2013, 02:03 PM
The PS3 plays 3D, but not better than a 3D player.
Its all about speeds, HDMI off course.

Wild Cobra
02-08-2013, 06:42 PM
It mist be a 3D signal, and I don't think anything on cable is in 3D. With most 3D systems, you need shutter-glasses. There are some that do it differently, but these systems are still not perfected or very affordable.

2D to 3D.... I call bullshit on any manufacturer making that claim. I can see it as being as effective as those color screens they used to market for black and white TVs.

I know some PS3 games go 3D, but I don't know if they play 3D movies. I was thinking about buying a 3D TV just because Gran Turismo 5 can be played in 3D mode, or you can do 2 player combat on a 3D TV where the shutter-glasses switch between players rather than between left/right eye.

I think you must buy a BluRay player designed to play 3D. Not sure though. System updates might do the trick, but then they would market it as upgradable and charge extra too.

Drachen
02-08-2013, 09:38 PM
It mist be a 3D signal, and I don't think anything on cable is in 3D. With most 3D systems, you need shutter-glasses. There are some that do it differently, but these systems are still not perfected or very affordable.

2D to 3D.... I call bullshit on any manufacturer making that claim. I can see it as being as effective as those color screens they used to market for black and white TVs.

I know some PS3 games go 3D, but I don't know if they play 3D movies. I was thinking about buying a 3D TV just because Gran Turismo 5 can be played in 3D mode, or you can do 2 player combat on a 3D TV where the shutter-glasses switch between players rather than between left/right eye.

I think you must buy a BluRay player designed to play 3D. Not sure though. System updates might do the trick, but then they would market it as upgradable and charge extra too.

the 2d to 3d is obviously not going to compare favorably with with a true 3d blue ray, but I will tell you that i was surprised at how good it was. This is coming from a guy who can't get the full benefit from a 3d movie since my depth perception is affected by a scar over my pupil in my left eye.

Drachen
02-08-2013, 09:38 PM

the 2d to 3d is obviously not going to compare favorably with with a true 3d blue ray, but I will tell you that i was surprised at how good it was. This is coming from a guy who can't get the full benefit from a 3d movie since my depth perception is affected by a scar over my pupil in my left eye.