PDA

View Full Version : As of today, which Spur(s) are untradeable?

Blake
02-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Duncan, Manu both for age, health, sentimental, and any other number of reasons.

I'd say Parker and Bonner are about 99% untradeable for obvious reasons.

Anybody else?

chapnis
02-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Kawhi, Tim, Tony, manu. Also, Boris and patty would have to agree with any trade.

Blake
02-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Mmm. I think Leonard is easily tradable.

TrueSpursFan
02-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Turd towers

playblair
02-07-2013, 04:32 PM
blair ................

Paranoid Pop
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Mmm. I think Leonard is easily tradable.

Well I agree, for a Pierce Garnett package I'd think about it.

Ky + Sjax + Tiago is basically as good as the rumored Bledsoe + Demonkey + Butler package.

But hey here people think Tiago 'the white Shaq' Splitter or Danny 'the second coming of Ray Allen' are untradable so lets not even talk about KY....

chazley
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Sorry, but any single person on the squad outside of Tim are tradeable.

Paranoid Pop
02-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Sorry, but any single person on the squad outside of Tim are tradeable.

Obviously not the case.

timvp
02-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I had Splitter as untradeable basically his entire time with the Spurs. Not necessarily because he's destined for greatness but because his real life value was so far below his peak hypothetical value.

Now, somewhat ironically, Splitter probably isn't untradeable anymore since his value has to be really high right now. He's closing in on his peak hypothetical value -- if he's not already there yet.

So if the Spurs get blown away by a trade that includes Splitter, pulling the trigger could make sense ... especially since Splitter's future is uncertain due to his ending contract.

Then again, Splitter has been such a hit in the starting lineup that the offer is going to have to be really, really good...

Richie
02-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Untradable in likely trade scenarios? Tim, Tony, Manu, Kawhi.

Untradable in all scenarios? Only Tim because of his no trade contract. We would give up anybody to get a Durant for example, but obviously that's not going to happen.

Brunodf
02-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Tim Duncan

TheCerebral1
02-07-2013, 04:52 PM
I would say that Bonner is the only true untradeable player on the roster. Duncan is here for his entire career as it should be so thus in turn he is untouchable and untradeable. All the others could be moved in some semblence of a deal.

Seventyniner
02-07-2013, 04:52 PM
I had Splitter as untradeable basically his entire time with the Spurs. Not necessarily because he's destined for greatness but because his real life value was so far below his peak hypothetical value.

Now, somewhat ironically, Splitter probably isn't untradeable anymore since his value has to be really high right now. He's closing in on his peak hypothetical value -- if he's not already there yet.

So if the Spurs get blown away by a trade that includes Splitter, pulling the trigger could make sense ... especially since Splitter's future is uncertain due to his ending contract.

Then again, Splitter has been such a hit in the starting lineup that the offer is going to have to be really, really good...

The same can be said about Leonard, albeit to a lesser extent.

hooperflash
02-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Edit: (Players I consider to be DO NOT TRADE status) Tony, Tim, Manu, Kawhi, and Tiago.

chazley
02-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Obviously not the case.

How is that? For the right price, Tony/Kawhi/Manu are all outta here. There's only 4-5 guys in the world you trade them for, but they are not untouchable.

200 miles
02-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Tim, Manu, Tony, Tiago and Kawhi

Everybody else on the trading block

hater
02-07-2013, 04:57 PM
TP, Duncan and unfortunately Manu

200 miles
02-07-2013, 04:58 PM
FlashZo :tu

outmap
02-07-2013, 09:25 PM
If it's for LeBron or Durant, I think anyone is tradeable

8FOR!3
02-07-2013, 09:31 PM

I see Splitter as the kind of guy who's willing to take a little less to stay with the Spurs. I could be wrong, but I hope he's that way. I guess I don't blame him if he goes after the payday though.

NRHector
02-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Bonner should be the first one to go

bbarry
02-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Assuming we aren't gonna get a mid-to-high level all star in return, everyone is tradable. Everyone.

BackHome
02-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Edit: (Players I consider to be DO NOT TRADE status) Tony, Tim, Manu, Kawhi, and Tiago.

+1

txstr1986
02-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Red Rocket. There's no way you trade away the 2013 3-point contest champion.

ElNono
02-08-2013, 11:51 AM
- The big 3 because they're the backbone that makes this team

- I think Jack should be untradeable because I think he's both a solid vet as a backup to KL, and because I think he's still a bit hurt and mostly coasting

- IMO, Blair is untradeable because of his small contract, poor play and health concerns

- Neal is the same way because of his small contract.

mercos
02-08-2013, 11:55 AM
I would say only the big 3 are untradeable. The Spurs are a pretty loyal organization, and I don't see them moving any of them. Everyone else is up for grabs. The NBA is still a business. I personally wouldn't mess with the makeup of the current team. The only thing I feel the Spurs need now is a more reliable backup point guard, but if Manu is healthy he fits that roll pretty well as we can keep a playmaker on the court at all times.

Mugen
02-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Jax/Splitter is a pretty damn good trade piece. Big expiring contract + a big man entering his prime.

ElNono
02-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Jax/Splitter is a pretty damn good trade piece. Big expiring contract + a big man entering his prime.

Which begs the question of why would you want to trade him if you can sign him up to an extension (which the Spurs can do)... that kinda makes him untradeable, IMO.

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Which begs the question of why would you want to trade him if you can sign him up to an extension (which the Spurs can do)... that kinda makes him untradeable, IMO.

Can't sign Splitter to an extension. He will hit free agency.

Mugen
02-08-2013, 12:10 PM

I agree that they should keep Splitter but, as timvp pointed out, Tiago's value is so high right now (combined w/ Jax's expiring) that it would serve the Spurs well to do their due diligence and see what's possibly out there.

Frankly, the only trade I consider for those two guys is Paul Pierce. Even then it leaves the Spurs extremely thin up front and, unless they get another big, I'd still probably be against it.

Paranoid Pop
02-08-2013, 12:14 PM

Yup I was thinking the same thing for a while, the thing is unless we get something big like a Garnett, there's little insensitive to mess with the chemistry. If the PO are a failure, maybe they don't try to re-sign Splitter who will command big money and even SJax and instead go after a FA or try to make a trade or something. I don't think Splitter is a lock to be a Spur next year but I think Pop decided this year was his shot at the POs.

Mugen
02-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Chances are Tiago will be back next year. Can't say the same for Jack.

Bottom line, I think they should stay pat.

Leetonidas
02-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Duncan (Spurs legacy) and Leonard (Spurs future)

Parker is nearly untradeable because of the value of his contract, him being the #2 PG in the league, and because you will not get LeBron or Durant for him and probably no one of equal talent in return. Other than them, everyone is expendable imo

ElNono
02-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Can't sign Splitter to an extension. He will hit free agency.

But we have bird rights, correct?

ElNono
02-08-2013, 12:33 PM
I agree that they should keep Splitter but, as timvp pointed out, Tiago's value is so high right now (combined w/ Jax's expiring) that it would serve the Spurs well to do their due diligence and see what's possibly out there.

Frankly, the only trade I consider for those two guys is Paul Pierce. Even then it leaves the Spurs extremely thin up front and, unless they get another big, I'd still probably be against it.

If Mel is right on the Spurs being unable to give him an extension now (which I believe he is), it makes little sense to trade him away. His 'high' stock isn't reflected on his contract yet.

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 12:33 PM
But we have bird rights, correct?

Yes. As well as the right to tender a qualifying offer which will make Tiago a restricted free agent. They will certainly do that.

ElNono
02-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Yes. As well as the right to tender a qualifying offer which will make Tiago a restricted free agent. They will certainly do that.

Paranoid Pop
02-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Chances are Tiago will be back next year. Can't say the same for Jack.

Bottom line, I think they should stay pat.

I think it all depends on how the POs turn out considering he will command big money and would be the highest or second highest paid player on the squad. I don't believe it's a clear cut decision at this point.

I'd still make a trade for Garnett, McGee and maybe someone like Tyreke Evans or Derrrick Williams.

Chinook
02-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Danny Green is untouchable.

I mean, he scored, like, 28 points last night. I don't think any other Spur has ever done that.

admiralsnackbar
02-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Leonard isn't going anywhere as we haven't exhausted the value of his rookie contract yet. If he gets shipped out, it'll be this time next year -- although I don't expect he will be.

I'd say Tim and Tony are the only sure un-tradeable assets, with Manu, Leonard, and Splitter all highly unlikely unless a stupid-great deal presents itself.

Mal
02-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Jax, CoJo, Neal, Blair are tradeable. KL isnt, even for Garnett, I wouldnt trade Splitter.

tenbeersbold
02-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Trade Splitter,he aint gonna get much better and his market value is absurdly high its too tempting NOT to deal him

Consider this,he cant make his own shot,he has to be on the move and fed the ball in PnR to be effective

He's the stellar example of a player who shines in the Spurs system but will be a dog outside of it

maverick1948
02-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Jax, Blair and Neal have trade value. What we would get in return would be very little. Jax will not be resigned for next year. Blair will move on if we cant get a 2nd round pick. He may get minimum offer from the Spurs but that is all. Neal on the other hand, will get an offer from some team for 3 yr. 10-12 million. I doubt we match Neal's offer. Ginobili and Spliter will be resigned for next year. Depending on what we can get in the off season, Bonner may or may not be back.

KL2
02-08-2013, 05:09 PM
The big 3 and Kawhi.

I think the only way they trade Kawhi is for a star player (in a package of course) or a great SF.

Finding a player like Kawhi is VERY difficult, he fits this team perfectly. There aren't many SF's that can guard positions 1-4, rebound, shoot the 3 at 40%, or have his size and length. If he were the number 1 or 2 option on a bad team I really think he'd be averaging around 16 PPG right now.

dunkman
02-08-2013, 08:05 PM
TP and Duncan. The first one because he's one of the best PG's in the NBA and he doesn't miss games. Duncan because the Spurs won 4 rings with him, and also because he's still one of the best bigman's in the game.

The Spurs would trade everyone else for better players. Unfortunately, Manu's too injury prone to be untouchable.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-08-2013, 10:50 PM
TD, TP, Kawhi... Manu, Splitter. In the right deal you might trade Manu or Splitter, but you'd have to be getting someone special back.