PDA

View Full Version : Clippers LAC the "only reasonable trade option" for Garnett

Clipper Nation
02-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Garnett, according to reports, is only interested in a trade to either of L.A.'s teams, and only if Paul Pierce is also traded, whether in that deal or another one to another team. (Garnett owns a house in Malibu.) With his no-trade clause, that pretty much means that the only reasonable option for a trade is the Clippers, and that deal has been vehemently shot down by both teams.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21655752/report-kevin-garnett-wont-waive-notrade-clause-for-deal-to-denver
KG and Truth.... do it, Gary Sacks!

:lobt2:

SpursIndonesia
02-07-2013, 05:52 PM
I think the superstars quadruplet of KG, Pierce, Griffin, and CP3 will actually work.

Findog
02-07-2013, 06:11 PM
What would the Celtics want back? Bledsoe? Jordan?

Richie
02-07-2013, 06:21 PM
The Celtics will at least take back Jordan.

Jordan + Bledsoe for Garnett works.

mindcrime
02-07-2013, 06:23 PM
I think the superstars quadruplet of KG, Pierce, Griffin, and CP3 will actually work.

I'd love to see this tbh. The big 2 having a point guard that can dish like Rondo but can actually shoot as well.

Clipper Nation
02-07-2013, 06:26 PM

It'd be a scary team if the Clippers can pull it off.... The bench gets a little bit thinner, but nobody wants to face a starting lineup of CP3, Chauncey/Jamal, Pierce, Griffin, and KG in the playoffs, especially not bitchass RefKC, tbh...

FYM
02-07-2013, 06:31 PM
The Celtics will at least take back Jordan.

Jordan + Bledsoe for Garnett works.

And the celts would do that why tbh?

Richie
02-07-2013, 06:37 PM

The Celtics aren't going anywhere this year or in the future, it's time to trade Garnett and possibly Pierce, although I'd understand wanting him to retire as a Celtic.

I actually think the best move would be to get a 3rd team involved who needs a point guard and wants Bledsoe. Something like Garnett to Clippers, Granger and Jordan to Celtics, Bledsoe + Jeff Green to Indiana looks decent if the Pacers rate Bledsoe. Just off the top of my head.

StrengthAndHonor
02-07-2013, 06:39 PM

Why not? You get younger.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
02-07-2013, 06:42 PM
don't understand why KG says Pierce has to tag a long

FYM
02-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Why not? You get younger.

Yeah Jordan and a back up pg are going to help rebuild this franchise. Jordan is fucking useless.

FYM
02-07-2013, 06:55 PM
The Celtics aren't going anywhere this year or in the future, it's time to trade Garnett and possibly Pierce, although I'd understand wanting him to retire as a Celtic.

I actually think the best move would be to get a 3rd team involved who needs a point guard and wants Bledsoe. Something like Garnett to Clippers, Granger and Jordan to Celtics, Bledsoe + Jeff Green to Indiana looks decent if the Pacers rate Bledsoe. Just off the top of my head.

I know sometimes celts fo is crazy but Pierce will retire as a Celt and KG is likely to follow him and I'm fine with that.

Chinook
02-07-2013, 07:02 PM
KG and Truth.... do it, Gary Sacks!

:lobt2:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5pl6kk

I've seen worse trades.

SpursIndonesia
02-07-2013, 08:52 PM

A loyalty & respect things, KG might be a fake, unclassy asshat on the court, but he's a proven loyal soldier, and must have outmost respect to Pierce who had carried his TOSB ass to a title in the past.

cheguevara
02-07-2013, 08:59 PM
would Garnett want a russian prostitute in that deal too?

Clipper Nation
02-07-2013, 09:04 PM

He doesn't want Pierce to be left by himself on a shit-ass lotto team, tbh....

Latarian Milton
02-07-2013, 09:09 PM
lakers might also be a realistic option for him imho

Spur_Fanatic
02-07-2013, 09:25 PM
No team can get both, Garnett and Pierce.

It's simply not possible, unless that other team also trades his core (whichever it is) and the Celtics are ready to get some SERIOUS garbage salary.

Clipper Nation
02-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Pierce Unwilling To Be Part Of Rebuilding Situation Feb 07, 2013 11:41 AM EST

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Pierce_Paul_bos_110527.jpg Paul Pierce would be averse to being part of a Boston Celtics rebuilding project.
“I’m at the point in my career where I’ve got to evaluate it each and every year,” Pierce said. “It’s all based on the situation and based on what I want out of this game still. I mean, I’ve still got a lot of love for the game. I’m still very motivated. But there’s other factors.
“I mean, I really don’t want to be part of a rebuilding situation again. I just think at this point in time that’s something that would wear on me too much mentally that I don’t know what decision I may make if I have to. I may retire if I have to. You know, that’s something that’s a year-end process, especially given the situation that we have right now.”
Pierce left open the possibility he could finish his career with another team.

“It’s all on what they plan on doing,” said Pierce. “If they try to go into a rebuild mode, then, you know, I don’t know if I want to be a part of that. But that’s up to them and what they need to do. I don’t want to go out on a rebuild mode.
“I want an opportunity to at least try to win another championship, simple and plain. And if that’s not going to be here — if that’s going to be somewhere else — so be it. That’s what it has to be. I mean, even the greatest players played for other franchises.”

Uh oh, NBA.... this shit's boutta go down :lol

Vladimir Lenin
02-08-2013, 09:44 AM
would Garnett want a russian prostitute in that deal too?

yes

StrengthAndHonor
02-08-2013, 09:46 AM
I don't think any trades between both teams this yeat will go down tbh. You can tell both Pierce and KG are so proud to play for Boston especially Pierce. They're on a 7 game winning streak so the timing is off. Next season is a different story. I can see them being traded in the off season. Pierce would embrace LA, the Clippers more than the Lakers.

Vladimir Lenin
02-08-2013, 09:59 AM
KG is garabage now

dunkman
02-08-2013, 11:08 AM
The Spurs should trade for Pierce.

DMC
02-08-2013, 11:18 AM
These are teams more interested in coverage than in winning. The Celtics aren't going anywhere with their group, and the Clippers are CP3 + monkeyballers. The league is virtually contracting despite not losing any franchises. Both of the teams in the discussion are playoff teams, it makes no sense to juggle things up just to be playoff teams again as neither of them even with the suggested trades will be able to beat the Thunder or Heat in a 7 game series.

dunkman
02-08-2013, 11:28 AM
The C's are so well coached and have some talent left, even after losing Ray-Ray and Rondo they will make it to second round perhaps to the ECF's, but I understand PP, he should be multiple champion by now. He always dominated Kobe in their head-to-head matches, and Kobe has 5, while PP has only 1 ring.

KG is clear about playing in LA only, and "the truth" is LA native if I recall right.

DMC
02-08-2013, 12:27 PM
There are plenty players who have the talent to fuel a run to a ring, but it has to do with the teams you pick to go to (unless you're on your draft contract). Money/Ring, you have to sacrifice one to get the other these days with the stacking teams. Odd that the owners don't have to sacrifice money, except the Lakers.

SpursIndonesia
02-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Yeah, it's a smart bet to put on KG + Pierce bandwagon moving to the Clips sometime in the near future. I think it will come to the Clips ability in collecting the assets necessary for that trade to happen.

Clipper Nation
02-08-2013, 01:27 PM
These are teams more interested in coverage than in winning. The Celtics aren't going anywhere with their group, and the Clippers are CP3 + monkeyballers. The league is virtually contracting despite not losing any franchises. Both of the teams in the discussion are playoff teams, it makes no sense to juggle things up just to be playoff teams again as neither of them even with the suggested trades will be able to beat the Thunder or Heat in a 7 game series.

Garnett and Pierce arguably make the Clippers the favorites over the Thunder and Heat, tbh...

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Garnett and Pierce arguably make the Clippers the favorites over the Thunder and Heat, tbh...

So.......without the trade, second round exit again?

Clipper Nation
02-08-2013, 01:35 PM
So.......without the trade, second round exit again?
Probably WCF if healthy, with a puncher's chance at the Finals...

TheRealCB
02-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Name a team other than the Heat that can beat the Clippers in a play-off series.

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 02:39 PM
The Clippers were swept in the second round of the playoffs last season. They're 10-10 since the end of the 17 game win streak. I'd say the burden of proof is on them.

LnGrrrR
02-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Why would KG care if Pierce was traded or not?

And while I want Pierce to retire as a Celtic, I'm ok if he gets traded to a contender (no, not you Lakers).

Mugen
02-08-2013, 03:46 PM
KG to the Clipps, Pierce to the Spurs, Harden to the Rockets, see you in the WCF ClipperNation.

:lol thunderRefs