PDA

View Full Version : What if using Jefferson for 3-way trade…

larrychen21
02-07-2013, 05:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b358neb

To Spurs: Garnett / B. Bass
To Celtics: A. Jefferson (might need to sign extension) / Blair / 2014 Spurs 1st Rd Pick
To Jazz: S. Jackson / Bonner ( can by waived by 6/10 for $1M)/ DeColo / C. Joseph / 2013 Spurs 1st Rd Pick / Right of Zorbek

Spurs lineup would be this-

Garnett
Duncan
Leonard
Green
Parker

Splitter
Bass
Diaw
Ginobili
Mills

Bayne
Neal

200 miles
02-07-2013, 05:35 PM
I believe this answer will suffice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FshkO8HqQ10

SpursRock20
02-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Can't give up two consecutive first round picks.

LakerHater
02-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Another thread?

Dex
02-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Can we please just make an All-Inclusive Hypothetical Trades (That Can Never or Will Never Happen) Thread, so that I never have to open it?

PhingerRoll
02-07-2013, 06:24 PM
These things need to go away. Why the fuck would we bring Garnett in knowing that Tim cant stand him? You do realize we have the BEST RECORD IN THE NBA right? You want to trade our depth as well as chemistry away? These threads suck

Brunodf
02-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Paranoid Pop troll account:lmao

Spur|n|Austin
02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Can we please just make an All-Inclusive Hypothetical Trades (That Can Never or Will Never Happen) Thread, so that I never have to open it?

BatManu20
02-07-2013, 06:51 PM
First post? It ain't happening buddy. Garnett will never be a Spur.

Paranoid Pop
02-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Paranoid Pop troll account:lmao

Yeah a trade that doesn't involve Green... Sounds like me :downspin:.

DieMrBond
02-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Why would the Celtics want Al Jefferson back? Didn't they trade him for Garnett originally?

LarryDavid
02-07-2013, 08:07 PM
The NBA trade machine is the worst thing. Ever.

chazley
02-08-2013, 03:55 AM
If you want Al Jeff, you have to give up a good, young asset - it can't be a first round draft pick because we traded ours last year. We would have to give up Kawhi or Splitter, and it can't really be Kawhi because Jax is a must in any trade scenario for the Spurs. Jazz aren't trading him for expiring contracts - if that's what they wanted they'd just make a run with Al this year and let him expire.

maverick1948
02-08-2013, 04:30 AM
Do any of you armchair GM's know there is a LUXURY TAX? Almost every trade proposed on here put the Spurs paying 20 million in tax next year. You have to have 14 players under contract or you are charged as having 14. This trade give away 5 players and returns 2. We would have to sign two more players, and we dont have any cap room for that.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2013, 04:44 AM
I believe this answer will suffice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FshkO8HqQ10

:lmao

AussieFanKurt
02-08-2013, 04:53 AM

Mal
02-08-2013, 04:56 AM
Zorbek :lmao

txstr1986
02-08-2013, 11:45 AM

This.

SpursIndonesia
02-08-2013, 01:21 PM
I think we can try to include the Blazers into this ordeal, but not for LMA, that's for sure. How about JJ Hickson ?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ardofms

Portland gets a true post scorer, so LMA can roam more freely on the perimeter and saves his butt from banging down low. The Spurs got Hickson which i think can be a very good 3rd big off the bench, and the Jazz might get one first rounder + one 2nd rounder from the Spurs + the right on Lorbek, and one first rounder from the Blazers.

Richie
02-08-2013, 01:40 PM
I think we can try to include the Blazers into this ordeal, but not for LMA, that's for sure. How about JJ Hickson ?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ardofms

Portland gets a true post scorer, so LMA can roam more freely on the perimeter and saves his butt from banging down low. The Spurs got Hickson which i think can be a very good 3rd big off the bench, and the Jazz might get one first rounder + one 2nd rounder from the Spurs + the right on Lorbek, and one first rounder from the Blazers.

That's not bad actually, but I think Hickson + Matthews is too much for Portland to give up for Jefferson. Decent looking trade for all parties though.

Richie
02-08-2013, 01:45 PM
If you want Al Jeff, you have to give up a good, young asset - it can't be a first round draft pick because we traded ours last year. We would have to give up Kawhi or Splitter, and it can't really be Kawhi because Jax is a must in any trade scenario for the Spurs. Jazz aren't trading him for expiring contracts - if that's what they wanted they'd just make a run with Al this year and let him expire.

I thought this but it's not true. You can always trade your current years 1st rounder, but can't trade consecutive future picks. For example we couldn't trade our 2013 and 2014 this year, but could trade our 2013 this year and our 2014 next year. Alternatively we could trade away our 2013 and 2015 picks this year.

Regardless, you mention we have to give up a talent to get him and I agree, but why does everyone think Splitter and Kawhi are the only players with value? Green is young, a good defender and on a cheap contract, he would be a valuable piece for someone like the Jazz. Throw in a point guard and possibly this years pick (likely #28-#30) and that looks like a good package for both teams.

freetiago
02-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Neal gives them bench scoring which they really need
jefferson gives them a true center which hickson is not and said he doesnt want to play center for the rest of his career

interesting in wes matthews going back to the team that signed him
utah also gets another solid lockerroom 3 point shooter who is white
if the spurs threw in something else i could actually see that deal going down

SpursIndonesia
02-08-2013, 07:27 PM
That's not bad actually, but I think Hickson + Matthews is too much for Portland to give up for Jefferson. Decent looking trade for all parties though.

Yeah, that trade only works if Portland really values Big Al post game THAT much. Otherwise, they become the loser in this trade overall (Hickson has a pretty stellar season so far overall, good PER value, but he ain't a post scorer any post season challenger ever want).

chazley
02-11-2013, 01:49 AM
I thought this but it's not true. You can always trade your current years 1st rounder, but can't trade consecutive future picks. For example we couldn't trade our 2013 and 2014 this year, but could trade our 2013 this year and our 2014 next year. Alternatively we could trade away our 2013 and 2015 picks this year.

Regardless, you mention we have to give up a talent to get him and I agree, but why does everyone think Splitter and Kawhi are the only players with value? Green is young, a good defender and on a cheap contract, he would be a valuable piece for someone like the Jazz. Throw in a point guard and possibly this years pick (likely #28-#30) and that looks like a good package for both teams.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. In that case, I completely agree with you - giving up a fringe-young player with upside like Danny Green + JAX + 1st round pick + one of two 2nd round picks becomes a valuable trade offer for the Jazz to accept if they are indeed not going to give Al Jeff the max contract.

The fact is, for now, Splitter is the best fit for our team. We need a guy who plays C on offense and PF on defense, and that is what Tiago does best.

Sean Cagney
02-11-2013, 02:05 AM

This and idiot threads over and over of someone who makes up thread after thread of what they dreamt up overnight or thought about today and post an idiotic thread about it like it will ever happen in 1000 years. Good lord stop these stupid ass trade idea threads that will never happen and post them in one bs thread.

baseline bum
02-11-2013, 02:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pMVFzq7.png (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=abvhdvq)

C Duncan
PF Davis
SF James
SG Durant
PG Parker

6 Leonard
7 Splitter
8 Allen
9 Diaw
10 Neal
11 Mills
12 Baynes

NBA = f:lolcked

jestersmash
02-11-2013, 02:53 AM
Splitter
Bass
Diaw
Ginobili
Mills

This is one of the worst lineups I've ever seen. Do you understand how the game of basketball works?