PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Do people still think Dwight won't give up the extra money?

Riddler
02-07-2013, 10:15 PM
???

Spur_Fanatic
02-07-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm starting to believe it.

shyne
02-07-2013, 10:22 PM
He's gone, that pussy can't take the heat he's getting in LA.

Clipper Nation
02-07-2013, 10:27 PM
I've said it ever since that faggot first went to the Lakers.... he's crazy and immature enough to work against his own self-interest, and it was always pretty clear to me that if Dwight and Kirby weren't going to get along, Dwight was going to bounce...

Latarian Milton
02-07-2013, 10:55 PM
it starts to make me wonder if the teams (lakers included) are going to offer him a MAX or anything close. nigga must be kicking himself for not opting out the same time last year, he could've easily gotten a max offer from dallas or somewhere else at least tbh

irishock
02-08-2013, 12:59 AM
it starts to make me wonder if the teams (lakers included) are going to offer him a MAX or anything close. nigga must be kicking himself for not opting out the same time last year, he could've easily gotten a max offer from dallas or somewhere else at least tbh

lmao thinking Cuban wouldn't give him the bank

spurraider21
02-08-2013, 01:20 AM
The lakers are paying for their basketball reasons :lol

Leon Black
02-08-2013, 02:09 AM
If Kobe shuts the fuck up then everything would be ok.

Captivus
02-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Will D12 be offer a Max contract?? I’m not sure about that.
Teams already know the financial effect of being over the cap in years in a row...so, I’m not sure he will get it. Lakers probably can pay him, but the financial penalties are huge. That’s the reason I think discussions like "Lebron going to Cleveland" are interesting.
Let’s see what happens...IF IM D12, I’m would be trying to close a deal NOW. Be in a comfortable place and work/play there for many years. The stress of his situation has to bothering him.

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2013, 08:15 AM
If Kobe shuts the fuck up then everything would be ok.

You Spur fans just don't get it...almost everything Kobe says these days is calculated...Kobe has never really respected Dwight's game...years ago when they played together in the Olympics they asked Kobe what do you think of Dwight and Kobe's response: " He's very strong, he's one of the strongest players in the league." :lol that's all he had to say...

Kobe knows this dude wants to be liked so he's putting some heat under him, challenging him, making him very uncomfortable...and to me it's all calculated...I like how you Spur fans who claimed to hate Dwight with a passion because of his behavior in wanting to leave Orlando , wished nothing but bad on him, now comes running to his defense when Kobe gets into his ass...you guys have KDS...Kobe Derangement Syndrome :lol

TheChillFactor
02-08-2013, 08:48 AM
I like how you Spur fans who claimed to hate Dwight with a passion because of his behavior in wanting to leave Orlando , wished nothing but bad on him, now comes running to his defense when Kobe gets into his ass...you guys have KDS...Kobe Derangement Syndrome :lol

tbh its not even kobe, its whoever wears those gay ass purple jerseys. Before Kobe we hated that AIDS-ridden faggot you had in the 80s....

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Howard will sign a max deal with the Lakers this summer. For 30 million dollars, he can put up with Kobe for one more season. Time is on his side.

djohn2oo8
02-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Howard will sign a max deal with the Lakers this summer. For 30 million dollars, he can put up with Kobe for one more season. Time is on his side.

:lol you honestly think Kobe is playing one more season? He's playing for ring #6 and to be #1 all time in scoring.

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 09:28 AM
:lol you honestly think Kobe is playing one more season? He's playing for ring #6 and to be #1 all time in scoring.

Laugh all you like. Then follow the money.

Riddler
02-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Laugh all you like. Then follow the money.

Dwight is dumb enough to work against his own self interest. Playing with Kobe, for D'antoni, and Jim Buss. :lol

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Dwight is dumb enough to work against his own self interest. Playing with Kobe, for D'antoni, and Jim Buss. :lol

It would be against his basketball self-interest, at least in the short term. It would, however, be very much in his financial self-interest. And he'll outlast Dantoni and Bryant.

Vladimir Lenin
02-08-2013, 09:52 AM
d12 is soft

The Batman
02-08-2013, 09:55 AM
It would be against his basketball self-interest, at least in the short term. It would, however, be very much in his financial self-interest. And he'll outlast Dantoni and Bryant.

We'll see. Dwight has proven he doesn't want and can't handle the lights of L.A.

Vladimir Lenin
02-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Dwight is not serious about hoops. He never has been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jelCfuMZ2YU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jelCfuMZ2YU

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 09:59 AM
We'll see. Dwight has proven he doesn't want and can't handle the lights of L.A.

Yes, we'll see. Consider this, though. If Howard goes to Dallas or Houston or Atlanta, he'll have to deal with the pressure of being the savior of the franchise. And take 30 million dollars less. Unless he wants to sign for the MLE in Miami, there really aren't any situations for Howard that don't include huge expectations and great pressure.

Vladimir Lenin
02-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Yes, we'll see. Consider this, though. If Howard goes to Dallas or Houston or Atlanta, he'll have to deal with the pressure of being the savior of the franchise. And take 30 million dollars less. Unless he wants to sign for the MLE in Miami, there really aren't any situations for Howard that don't include huge expectations and great pressure.

Fans in Dallas or Houston will not toss you under buss like Fakker fans.

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Fans in Dallas or Houston will not toss you under buss like Fakker fans.

If you say so, comrade.

Vladimir Lenin
02-08-2013, 10:03 AM
If you say so, comrade.

I would not be shocked comrade Mel 12 if Howard retired.

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 10:06 AM
I would not be shocked comrade Mel 12 if Howard retired.

Lenin never did understand capitalism.

Mugen
02-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Kobe's playing another 3-4 years, Mel. Like dj said, he needs that scoring title.

If Dwight re-ups, which I agree that he will, he's dealing with Kirby for the majority of that contract. D'Antoni will be gone by the end of next season but Kobe won't.

Is Bryant a shitty enough teammate for Dwight to give up 30mil and LA? Remains to be seen but you can always #countonkobe.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-08-2013, 10:25 AM
No one leaves $30 mil on the table. No matter how shitty the situation is. You'd have to be Bison Dele kinda crazy to do so. Howard may be dumb but there are lots of people whispering in his ears who aren't.

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Kobe's playing another 3-4 years, Mel. Like dj said, he needs that scoring title.

If Dwight re-ups, which I agree that he will, he's dealing with Kirby for the majority of that contract. D'Antoni will be gone by the end of next season but Kobe won't.

Is Bryant a shitty enough teammate for Dwight to give up 30mil and LA? Remains to be seen but you can always #countonkobe.

I never said Kobe would retire. I said Dwight would outlast him in LA.

Do you think Kobe will take a massive pay cut in 2014? Do you believe that the Lakers will offer him a new deal at age 36 that keeps him among the highest paid players in the NBA?

Remember that the Lakers moved on from Shaq in 2004, when he was 31 and Kobe was 25. In the summer of 2014, Kobe will be 36 and Dwight will be 29. Right now, the only player under contract for the Lakers in 2014-15 is Steve Nash. Add a max contract for Dwight, and the Lakers still have plenty of room for a max FA that summer. Coincidentally, LeBron, Melo, and others could hit the market then.

The Batman
02-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Hakeem Olajuwon is sticking with his belief that Dwight Howard will re-sign this summer with the Los Angeles Lakers. If Howard is thinking differently, Olajuwon figures Howard will let him know.

In a phone interview with Fox Sports Florida, Olajuwon, a Hall of Fame center, said Howard told him in the summer of 2011 that he wanted out of Orlando after eight seasons primarily due to how he was being used by then-Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, and that he wanted to end up with the Lakers.

That, of course, is what eventually happened. Howard, who asked to be traded, was dealt last August to the Lakers. But things haven't turned out well. The center has struggled at times while recovering from back surgery and has missed six games in the past month due to shoulder injury.

The Lakers are just 23-27 and in jeopardy of missing the playoffs, especially after having just lost forward Pau Gasol for at least six weeks due to a foot injury. They play at Miami on Sunday, when Howard is expected to make his first Florida appearance since leaving the Magic.

Olajuwon, who is close to Howard and had extended workouts with him during the summers of 2010 and 2011 at Olajuwon's ranch outside Houston, has spent most of this season in Amman, Jordan. But Olajuwon, who splits his time between Jordan and Texas, will be at All-Star Weekend Feb. 15-17 in Houston, where he plans to meet with Howard, a starter for the Western Conference.

"I want to catch up and see how (Howard) really feels," said Olajuwon, the greatest player in Rockets history, who will serve as a judge for the NBA's Feb. 16 dunk contest and be honored at the Feb. 17 Legends Brunch. "My first concept is to make him feel comfortable... The key is to make him comfortable so that he can open up and I know what the issues are (that concern Howard)."

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/02/08/13/Olajuwon-thinks-Howard-will-stay-with-La/landing_magic.html?blockID=860847&feedID=10140

Mugen
02-08-2013, 10:41 AM
I never said Kobe would retire. I said Dwight would outlast him in LA.

Do you think Kobe will take a massive pay cut in 2014? Do you believe that the Lakers will offer him a new deal at age 36 that keeps him among the highest paid players in the NBA?

Remember that the Lakers moved on from Shaq in 2004, when he was 31 and Kobe was 25. In the summer of 2014, Kobe will be 36 and Dwight will be 29. Right now, the only player under contract for the Lakers in 2014-15 is Steve Nash. Add a max contract for Dwight, and the Lakers still have plenty of room for a max FA that summer. Coincidentally, LeBron, Melo, and others could hit the market then.

I do think he takes a pretty big paycut considering his current contract is ridiculous and he'll know that the best place he can chase Jordan/Kareem is in LA. He's making 30mil this season but even Kobe isn't delusional enough to think he's worth that same amount when his contract is up next summer.

You don't think Kobe re-ups in LA for 2 year contract, let's worth 18 mil/year? It'll still make him one of the top paid guys in the league and i don't think money is a huge priority to him by then as much as his legacy.

If that's the case, then that's another 3 years (poss. 4) that Dwight is stuck with Bryant. Still very likely that Dwight re-signs but i think it's just as likely that Kobe is there with him for the majority of that 5 year contract.

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 10:50 AM
I do think he takes a pretty big paycut considering his current contract is ridiculous and he'll know that the best place he can chase Jordan/Kareem is in LA. He's making 30mil this season but even Kobe isn't delusional enough to think he's worth that same amount when his contract is up next summer.

You don't think Kobe re-ups in LA for 2 year contract, let's worth 18 mil/year? It'll still make him one of the top paid guys in the league and i don't think money is a huge priority to him by then as much as his legacy.

If that's the case, then that's another 3 years (poss. 4) that Dwight is stuck with Bryant. Still very likely that Dwight re-signs but i think it's just as likely that Kobe is there with him for the majority of that 5 year contract.

I don't think that LA offers him that much if that keeps them from bidding on a premier FA that summer.

Do you think he'll take the type of deal signed by a 36 year old Garnett and a 36 year old Duncan?

The Batman
02-08-2013, 11:02 AM
I think we should enjoy the drama now. Because when July 1st comes, Dwight will not make a decision until training camp.

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 11:13 AM
The drama surrounding Howard will last for years, but the contract will be done by July 10th.

cd98
02-08-2013, 11:20 AM
He'll sign for the max and then spend the rest of his career on as an injured reserve.

Mugen
02-08-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't think that LA offers him that much if that keeps them from bidding on a premier FA that summer.

Do you think he'll take the type of deal signed by a 36 year old Garnett and a 36 year old Duncan?

I don't think he signs a KG/TD type deal. But i do think LA offers him the contract i posed earlier. Jimmy can't afford to have Kobe walk to the Clippers because he couldn't pay up.

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 11:39 AM
I don't think he signs a KG/TD type deal. But i do think LA offers him the contract i posed earlier. Jimmy can't afford to have Kobe walk to the Clippers because he couldn't pay up.

Time will tell.

snickles
02-08-2013, 01:49 PM
I like how you Spur fans who claimed to hate Dwight with a passion because of his behavior in wanting to leave Orlando , wished nothing but bad on him, now comes running to his defense when Kobe gets into his ass...you guys have KDS...Kobe Derangement Syndrome :lol

except for the everyone who isnt defending dwight.

personally, and im sure most if not all the spurs posters here think dwight is getting exactly what he deserves.

point out that kobe is a douche of epic proportions =/= defending howard.

and thats pretty obvious to the rest of us...but when have the facts ever stopped a good laker rant?

Latarian Milton
02-08-2013, 07:52 PM
lakers better think about dealing his ass out of town before the trade deadline if they're assured nigga will not re-sign with them. mavs have some excellent trading assets that appeal to the lakers and _'antoni, marion who's a perfect fit for run-and-gun system, kaman's expiring contract and a lottery pick of this year's

Killakobe81
02-08-2013, 09:29 PM
with his recent injury and shitty play he would be wise to sign with us ... But if he leaves, he leaves ...LAkers were not beating Lebron anyway.

and there is a chance he may never be the Dwight he was pre-back injury. We gambled and lost ...shit happens.
Would of loved a playoff series win ...but this season had a conference finals ceiling anyway ...

Latarian Milton
02-08-2013, 09:51 PM
the mavs have nothing to lose now and they would be willing to take the gamble. nigga developed a bad relation with kobe and he must know it's a situation that even the prime shaq couldn't handle. it's kobe's team like it's always been and if kobe starts to hate him, its time to for him to leave. trade him to dallas and the lakers will receive marion and the expiring shit of kaman, which will turn out to be a good move for both basketball reasons and financial reasons, and hopefully they can also get dallas's 1st round pick this year which's guaranteed to be a lottery pick. cuban on the other hand gets the big man he's been coveting for years, and a centerpiece to rebuild his team around, win-win deal for both teams imho

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2013, 09:58 PM
with his recent injury and shitty play he would be wise to sign with us ... But if he leaves, he leaves ...LAkers were not beating Lebron anyway.

and there is a chance he may never be the Dwight he was pre-back injury. We gambled and lost ...shit happens.
Would of loved a playoff series win ...but this season had a conference finals ceiling anyway ...

Do you gotta mention Lebron in every fucking thread..I think it may be time for you to hang up your Laker jersey and change your name to Killa_Bron you on niggas's disney real hard....cut that shit out mane

Killakobe81
02-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Do you gotta mention Lebron in every fucking thread..I think it may be time for you to hang up your Laker jersey and change your name to Killa_Bron you on niggas's disney real hard....cut that shit out mane

Im just showing these bitches here an example of how you can respect a niccas game no matter what jersey he has on. I dont like the heat I was rooting for OKC in the finals (BRUIN pride for Russ) but ...

I can recognize game. Part of the reason I chose killakobe81 was to battle the haters ... I cant hate on Lebron his game is that good right now. he still needs more rings but that niccaa got gifts.

Koolaid_Man
02-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Im just showing these bitches here an example of how you can respect a niccas game no matter what jersey he has on. I dont like the heat I was rooting for OKC in the finals (BRUIN pride for Russ) but ...

I can recognize game. Part of the reason I chose killakobe81 was to battle the haters ... I cant hate on Lebron his game is that good right now. he still needs more rings but that niccaa got gifts.

Lebron is good...but I just don't see things the way you do...I don't feel like he's really earned anything...his path seems to easy compared to MJ and Kobe...and I cannot respect that...he's playing in a new era that is weak and cheap tbh....it really is a pussified league now...I mean when you got lebron's Mamma literally running onto the court to protect him which was bad enough and then him telling her to go sit her ass down...I probably will never respect the guy...plus he's not going through tough teams like MJ and Kobe did..

to me the early 90's Knicks teams was the greatest defensive team of all time. Starks, Gerald Wilkins, X-Man, Anthony Mason, Oakley, and Ewing...was sick as fuck on defense and nearly impossible to consistently score on. I just imagined replacing Ewing with Olajuwon....talk about fucking sick...even the Bad Boy's lead by Zeke...Rodman, Laimbeer, J-Salley, Mahorn, Dumars, Vinnie...MJ consistently lost to this team..these cats were hardcore...and it's the ultimate reason I give MJ the nod over Kobe...he just had to face some wicked ass defenses...and he overcame it too...bit it's widely agree'd by many coaches and GM's that Kobe is probably the only player today that could have played in that era given is penchant for throwing elbows and his toughness of playing through injuries with a game patterned after MJ's.

So while not the Pistons or Knicks...Kobe has faced his own level of teams and defenders that were pretty tough...starting with the Spurs that were anchored by the defensive presence of Tim Duncan with Bowen as a prime wing defender...also great wing defending teams such as the Kings and Trailblazzers. Kobe had to face individuals defenders such as prime Artest, Bowen, Shefalosa, Dahntay Jones, James Posey, Tayshaun, Doug Christie, Rueben Patterson, Tony Allen, Battier, Raja Bell, Stephen Jackson, Eric Snow...all great wing defenders when in their primes...especially Bowen...Kobe even had to deal with Pippen and Rodman...though not prime Pippen and Rodman...but he's had to earn his stripes through tough defenders...Rodman even pointed that out and said that's why he'd pick Mj and Kobe over Lebron...they've proven their toughness...Lebron just may be a victim of a WEAK ERA...

He's good but he doesn't have the mental make-up to deal with such teams as the Knicks and Pistons...or Spurs for that matter...a prime Lebron going against a prime Spurs team lead by Duncan gets swept in the finals...in our generation his game is tailored made for the Spurs team anchored by Duncan to defend and stop him...but they had a harder time trying to stop Kobe from his relentless offensive assualts on them...Lebron can't sustain that level of energy he's too big and doesn't have the array of moves MJ and Kobe has.

The question now is WHO HAS A PRIME LEBRON FACED?

What prime tough defensive teams has he gone through...To me his lone competitor at his positin (Melo) pretty much shits on him when they play one on one. Lebron won't take the Melo assignment but rather he defers to Battier...that's why I don't respect him...he's quick to jump all over D-Rose because he's physically bigger but when faced with a player of his own size (Melo) or a player who doens't respect him (Danny Granger) he starts to nut up. He will make the top 5 list if he wins 3 titles but as far as I'm concerned he's faced no real competition enroute to those titles (except a non-prime old and battered Boston team). When he had a clear chance to meet up with Kobe in the finals he faked an elbow injury when his cavs team could have beaten Boston. I just can't cut for this cat...he's not real to me....MJ and Kobe I give them their props as 1-2