PDA

View Full Version : Nazr Mohammed for Lorenzen Wright?

timvp
07-03-2005, 02:57 AM
Center Lorenzen Wright publicly suggested that the Grizzlies trade him if they aren't willing to discuss a contract extension. Griz president Jerry West is on record saying that he doesn't react well to threats so here's a solution that benefits both parties. Concoct a deal that sends Wright to San Antonio for center Nazr Mohammed.

West has chased Mohammed since the player's Atlanta days and he's tried replacing Wright for three summers. Both are in the final years of their contracts. The Spurs get rebounding and defense, and someone who can bury a 12-foot jump shot next to Tim Duncan. The Grizzlies get a bigger body and someone they covet without having the contract situation threatening the season.

Wright for Baby Hakeem? Someone stop AHF from going nuclear in this thread.

:lol

Horry For 3!
07-03-2005, 02:59 AM
No thanks.

Ginofan
07-03-2005, 03:01 AM
I do that trade in a second.

~Manny

T Park
07-03-2005, 03:19 AM
Much older, and doesn't get the majority of the minutes on the soft frontline of Memphis??

nopers.

Kori Ellis
07-03-2005, 03:36 AM
I wouldn't do the trade either, but Lorenzen isn't much older. He's 29 and Nazr's 27.

T Park
07-03-2005, 03:38 AM
2 years is quite a bit in this league.

I wouldn't give up on Mohammed.

Give him the summer and a training camp with the Spurs staff.

Look at how well he progressed from March to the NBA Finals.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-03-2005, 03:38 AM
holy crap, when did lorenzen wright age???

hmmm, i like stromile better than lorenzen....lorenzens got a sweet hook, but stromile could clean up the glass like no other

T Park
07-03-2005, 03:57 AM
Rasho for battier.

Do it logo lol.

ChumpDumper
07-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Wright is a good guy and had some pretty good games against teams like Phoenix, but the trade only makes sense for SA because of his jumper. Not enough IMO, but he becomes yet another option for trading Rasho if the Spurs want to save the money. Then it becomes a question of whether West has the green light to spend that much.

boutons
07-03-2005, 10:42 AM
"how well he progressed from March to the NBA Finals"

Quitter, his team play may get better next season, but nobody hold your breath that his individual skills or hustle will improve at his age. Bad hands, poor finishing, poor court awarenss just don't disappear after 7 years in th NBA just because he's a Spur.

Nazr's story is the same a Rasho: what you see is what you're gonna get.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-03-2005, 10:47 AM
All I need to know is that they've been trying to move Wright during the last three summers and no one has wanted him. He sounds like he's got some attitude issues, and at least with Nazr he wouldn't go into training camp completely starting from scratch.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2005, 12:18 PM
I don't have to go nuclear.

Wright sucks. West has been trying to trade him for three years with no takers. His game hasn't improved in five, and he's looking for a big contract.

Plus, it's a Memphis newspaper pipe dream.

Kori Ellis
07-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Wright sucks.

His statistics are nearly mirror images of Nazr's this past season.

What are your (realistic) expectations for Nazr in the upcoming season if he's the starter?

Points and rebounds?

T Park
07-03-2005, 12:42 PM
but nobody hold your breath that his individual skills or hustle will improve at his age. Bad hands, poor finishing, poor court awarenss just don't disappear after 7 years in th NBA just because he's a Spur.

Of course not, no one can improve in the offseason after some time with a good coaching staff :rolleyes

hey boutons, How did your "division champion" Houston Rockets do again?

Mr. Body
07-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Other than questionable hands, Nazr is the perfect complement to Duncan. Great offensive rebounder and once some of his annoying pump-faking tendencies are ironed out, he'll be a dynamite scraps man.

T Park
07-03-2005, 12:49 PM
some of his annoying pump-faking tendencies are ironed out

So he should just go straight up and get his shot blocked??

Intelligent....

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2005, 12:54 PM
What are your (realistic) expectations for Nazr in the upcoming season if he's the starter?

As far as points and rebounds go, averaging a double double.

As far as defense goes, much improved defensive rotations and 2 blocks per game.

T Park
07-03-2005, 12:56 PM
10 10 and 2 is not out of the rhealm of possibility.

Gummi
07-03-2005, 12:57 PM
No thanks. Wright is solid but I really like Nazr's game. Plus, doesn't Wright have like a 20 man posse that travel with him to every game? I read that two years ago that some coach, probably Brown, was very irritated with that.

Mr. Body
07-03-2005, 12:59 PM
So he should just go straight up and get his shot blocked??

Intelligent....

No... Maybe he should go up with authority and not shot-block himself out of a dunk.

Or learn a pump-fake somebody will buy.

Intelligent...

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2005, 12:59 PM
I guess this about sums it up: If Jerry West is actually looking to get rid of the guy, no thanks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2005, 01:00 PM
No... Maybe he should go up with authority and not shot-block himself out of a dunk.

Intelligent...

I still say that Nazr's leg injury prevented him from being as explosive as he usually is when it comes to going up strong.

wildbill2u
07-03-2005, 01:02 PM
All I need to know is that they've been trying to move Wright during the last three summers and no one has wanted him. He sounds like he's got some attitude issues, and at least with Nazr he wouldn't go into training camp completely starting from scratch.

I don't see much advantage with Wright over Nasr--and the Spurs will NOT take a player who won't get over himself for a small advantage.

boutons
07-03-2005, 01:03 PM
"double double"

... Was my dream for Rasho, esp in his second year. That would put them in a tiny group of 9 or 10 in all of NBA, for last season with double RBs:

1. Kevin Garnett 13.5
2. Ben Wallace 12.2
3. Shawn Marion 11.3
4. Emeka Okafor 10.9
5. Troy Murphy 10.8
6. Shaquille O'Neal 10.4
6. Kurt Thomas 10.4
8. Dwight Howard 10.0

and an even samller group that ALSO got a adouble in PTs.

Error:

http://www.nba.com/statistics/2004/default_regular_season_leaders/LeagueLeadersRPGQuery.html?topic=0&stat=2

... is missing Tim in the Top50 RBs!!

T Park
07-03-2005, 01:04 PM
groin injuries take offseasons to heal.

You cant heal a groin DURING the season.

Ask Manu Ginobili.

afraid to tell you there is only one kind of pump fake.

Every guy in the league is a shot blocker, or THINKS they are, and if Duncan and others, would use a pump fake they would

A, get more clear paths to the basket
B. Get fouled after going up while the guy is in the air.

kolko
07-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Error:

http://www.nba.com/statistics/2004/default_regular_season_leaders/LeagueLeadersRPGQuery.html?topic=0&stat=2

... is missing Tim in the Top50 RBs!!

STATISTICAL MINIMUMS
TO QUALIFY FOR NBA LEAGUE LEADERS

REBOUNDS: 70 games or 800 rebounds

Tim last season: 66 games, 732 rebounds

Kori Ellis
07-03-2005, 01:09 PM
I think 12 and 8 would be awesome from Nazr next season. To average double digits in rebounding is more difficult than most people think.

rascal
07-03-2005, 01:19 PM
No sense to this trade. At best this is a sideways move.

The spurs should be trying to trade Rasho, not Nazr.

2centsworth
07-03-2005, 02:46 PM
12 and 8 would be fantastic for Nazr if he could get to 10 rbs he would be a star on the team.

I just want him to be more poise under pressure. Too many times the guy fumbled wide open passes, or missed wide open layups in crucial situations.

That can be worked out because the guy has skills.

ChumpDumper
07-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Plus, doesn't Wright have like a 20 man posse that travel with him to every game? I read that two years ago that some coach, probably Brown, was very irritated with that.That was probably Gooden. Wright is fairly down-to-earth -- he either wants to stay in Memphis forever or move on now.