PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Howard: Hopefully they start supporting me the way they need to

The Batman
02-08-2013, 12:13 PM
...Asked why Howard was left in the game -- in the condition he's supposedly in (or not in, depending on who you ask) -- with all other main rotational guys out: "Because I think he needs to get his rhythm," D'Antoni said to the media hoard just outside the Lakers locker room. "He's been out for a week, and surely wasn't tired. So just trying to find him some rhythm."

Howard had missed the last three games -- all wins for the Lakers -- but not at the decision of trainers or D'Antoni. According to D'Antoni, Howard could have played.

"Yeah, he's been cleared for a while," he said. "I mean, he's always clear because he has a tear. It's going to be there but he had pain, so obviously he's not going to play with the pain, and he felt better today. That's why he played."

D'Antoni echoed that after Thursday's loss, saying, "Well, [Howard] has to [work his way through pain] because we don't have a whole lot of other solutions right now with Pau [Gasol] being out especially."

But while the coach said Howard has been cleared to play for a while now, and "his health his fine", Howard was quick to disagree. He's also not taking much stock in what D'Antoni and teammates are putting out for public consumption.

"I can't get involved with what they've been saying to the media," Howard told CSNNE.com. "I understand they've been saying certain things, but I know my health. I haven't been cleared for weeks to play.

"Hopefully they'll start supporting me the way they need to," Howard told CSNNE.com. "Until then, I'm going to continue to do whatever I can to help our team win."

Mugen
02-08-2013, 12:16 PM
You almost feel bad for Dwight the way he's been thrown under the bus by his teammates and his coach. I mean he brought it all on himself but I feel an ounce of sympathy.

Funny how nobody was on Nash's case when he was taking his sweet ass time coming back from an injury initially diagnosed to keep him out a week or two.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2013, 12:21 PM
You almost feel bad for Dwight the way he's been thrown under the bus by his teammates and his coach. I mean he brought it all on himself but I feel an ounce of sympathy.

Funny how nobody was on Nash's case when he was taking his sweet ass time coming back from an injury initially diagnosed to keep him out a week or two.

ElNono
02-08-2013, 12:27 PM
D'Antoni has a terrible time valuing big men... that's why he's quick to throw them under the bus. Especially bigs without a jumper.

They don't fit into what he wants to do, but since they're big-name players, he has to play them.

Back in the Suns days, it was Kerr that brought in Shaq. D'Antoni wasn't as keen on the idea at all.

Bynumite
02-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Man up or ship his ass out. That's all.

ElNono
02-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Man up or ship his ass out. That's all.

:lol why would he 'man up' or put on his 'big boy pants' when his teammates or his coach won't do the same?

Findog
02-08-2013, 12:58 PM
People don't take him seriously because of all the clowning around he does.

Bynumite
02-08-2013, 01:14 PM
:lol why would he 'man up' or put on his 'big boy pants' when his teammates or his coach won't do the same?

Because he's suppose to be the future of the franchise, not a 7 foot baby that cries to the media when the season doesn't go according to plan and chooses to sit out games even though he was cleared to play.

Dwight says "I know my health", he also said he's not a doctor, if the Lakers medical staff says you're cleared to play go play.

If you want the team to support you, you gotta be there for the team when they need you most.

UZER
02-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Laker nation including the media needs to blame someone...first brown then pau now Dwight...never Kobe.

that dude always skates from everything....even rape.

The Batman
02-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Because he's suppose to be the future of the franchise, not a 7 foot baby that cries to the media when the season doesn't go according to plan and chooses to sit out games even though he was cleared to play.

Dwight says "I know my health", he also said he's not a doctor, if the Lakers medical staff says you're cleared to play go play.

If you want the team to support you, you gotta be there for the team when they need you most.
Lol he has no long term contract. And he shouldnt risk it all just to carry Kobe to the playoffs

cd98
02-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Didn't D'Antoni miss a bunch of games because of back surgery? You'd think he'd be more sympathetic.

UZER
02-08-2013, 01:23 PM

So Dwight speaks his mind its considered crying. I guess Kobe has been the biggest cry baby all season then.

And Dwight is having to defend himself fro what Kobe is throwing out every day.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Didn't D'Antoni miss a bunch of games because of back surgery? You'd think he'd be more sympathetic.

He missed a bunch of games at the end the Knicks' season last year with a case of unemployment. I think he's more worried about that flaring up again.

ElNono
02-08-2013, 01:25 PM

I'm not excusing Dwight, who, as Findog said, is a clown.

All I'm saying is why is only him, with this team, the one that needs to man up? All the other guys are talking shit to the media (Kobe, Pau, D'Antoni) and are being pretty terrible at their jobs.

The whole 'future of the franchise' doesn't matter, because he's clearly not in command of that locker room right now. The day he is, then you can pin it all on him.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2013, 01:29 PM
It's Dwight's fault, despite the fact that Kobe is the leader and has 3 HOF and 4 All-star teammates on his team. And when Dwight was playing he was getting what, 5-6 touches a game? How the fuck should a guy who isn't getting the ball anyone stop the GREATEST LAKER EVER (tm) from winning games? But yeah, it's Howard's fault. Yeah, ok.

Clipper Nation
02-08-2013, 01:33 PM

Kirby spent all summer insisting that the Lakers were "still his team".... why doesn't he deserve most of the blame instead for how badly "his team" sucks?

DisAsTerBot
02-08-2013, 01:34 PM
lol "future of the franchise" without a contract

Captivus
02-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Assuming that D12 can play, which at this point I’m not sure, I’m talking injuries.
If he can play and the Lakers want him to be the next face of the franchise, the Lakers have to do something regarding Kobe now.
If this guy doesn’t play for the Lakers next season, they are doomed.
The Lakers have the same "problem" the Celtics have, do they trade KG, PP?? Would the Spurs trade Manu if they weren’t a playoff team?
At some point a team has to realize they don’t owe any player nothing, they are getting pay to play. Off course if the even the fans are blaming D12 and defending Kobe all the time, the Lakers FO won’t do anything to change that.
I’m not talking about trading Kobe ($!), I’m talking about doing something and showing D12 that he is the next face of the franchise. Kobe has to accept that...actually he doesn’t...lakerfans will defend him regardless of what he does, and that my friends is the key of this problem, he knows that…

UZER
02-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Laker fan can't deal with the fact they are being rejected by Dwight. Dude never wanted to play there with Kobe.

What does it say that old Kobe is keeping your Lakers from transitioning to the future. "Its my team!"

Deep down y'all know you can't wait till Kobe retires.

dunkman
02-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Laker nation including the media needs to blame someone...first brown then pau now Dwight...never Kobe.

that dude always skates from everything....even rape.

midnightpulp
02-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Lol he has no long term contract. And he shouldnt risk it all just to carry Kobe to the playoffs

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Kobe treating Dwight like a wicked step child is well deserved...if that nigga gonna basically say I'm not giving 100% until I got a max deal then Kobe needs to keep shitting on him...For as much as Dwight never wanted to play in LA - Kobe never wanted him...he basically told that nigga long before he even got traded...Defend and Rebound (be my Tyson Chandler) only I don't need you for nothing else..Kobe has stuck to his guns and his word..Dwight's game is at best - rudimentary collegiate Sophomore level...Kobe never respected the dude and I for one don't blame him....one thing about Kobe you can never say is that he doesn't earn his paycheck.

If you think he's shitting on Dwight now wait till Dwight re-signs next year...(and he will resign) he got too many baby mama's to support...he can't afford to leave money on the table at this point...but wait till next year if it is indeed Kobe's last year he's gonna go all out nuclear on Dwight's soft ass...it will be EPIC!!!

spurraider21
02-08-2013, 05:59 PM
It's almost like they don't want to resign him... Dantoni leaving him out to dry, Kobe not going 2 days without calling him out through the media. If he leaves they're still over the cap and luxury tax threshold

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2013, 06:11 PM
It's almost like they don't want to resign him... Dantoni leaving him out to dry, Kobe not going 2 days without calling him out through the media. If he leaves they're still over the cap and luxury tax threshold

nigga we the Lakers..we don't give a fuck...either his ass will fall in line or be gone....the muthafucker is so gotdam stupid..Kobe's trying to get his silly ass to play to his strengths...he has 3 DPOY's and yet he wants to be the next Kareem..so when Kobe tells his dumb ass to defend and rebound he's motivating him to play to what he does best...of all the big men in Laker history...he's the least polished from an offensive perspective but the best defensive big-man that ever wore the P-n-G..dude is just as clueless as Spurfan :lol

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2013, 06:14 PM
does this clown think the lakers is his team? hahahaha watta fkn clown, get the clown out of there seriously....

this is like gladiator, must win over the crowd, but his doing shit nothing besides smiling like a clown at every opportunity his on camera

spurraider21
02-08-2013, 06:15 PM
nigga we the Lakers..we don't give a fuck...either his ass will fall in line or be gone....the muthafucker is so gotdam stupid..Kobe's trying to get his silly ass to play to his strengths...he has 3 DPOY's and yet he wants to be the next Kareem..so when Kobe tells his dumb ass to defend and rebound he's motivating him to play to what he does best...of all the big men in Laker history...he's the least polished from an offensive perspective but the best defensive big-man that ever wore the P-n-G..dude is just as clueless as Spurfan :lol
So if he leaves is it sacresanity? :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2013, 06:18 PM
does this clown think the lakers is his team? hahahaha watta fkn clown, get the clown out of there seriously....

this is like gladiator, must win over the crowd, but his doing shit nothing besides smiling like a clown at every opportunity his on camera

what is this cave man English you're speaking... learn to speak regular English you gotdam numnuts :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2013, 06:21 PM
So if he leaves is it sacresanity? :lol

we'll come up with something...the fact is you don't need a traditional big-man like Howard to score anymore...Howard is or was unique in that he played great defense..but if he doesn't want to do that and he thinks he's some sort of Duncan or Hakeem then he's pretty much useless...the refs don't even respect him..he's always in foul trouble..the dude has a really low IQ...I would trade him for TOSB in a heart-beat...

midnightpulp
02-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Kobe treating Dwight like a wicked step child is well deserved...if that nigga gonna basically say I'm not giving 100% until I got a max deal then Kobe needs to keep shitting on him...For as much as Dwight never wanted to play in LA - Kobe never wanted him...he basically told that nigga long before he even got traded...Defend and Rebound (be my Tyson Chandler) only I don't need you for nothing else..Kobe has stuck to his guns and his word..Dwight's game is at best - rudimentary collegiate Sophomore level...Kobe never respected the dude and I for one don't blame him....one thing about Kobe you can never say is that he doesn't earn his paycheck.

If you think he's shitting on Dwight now wait till Dwight re-signs next year...(and he will resign) he got too many baby mama's to support...he can't afford to leave money on the table at this point...but wait till next year if it is indeed Kobe's last year he's gonna go all out nuclear on Dwight's soft ass...it will be EPIC!!!

Spot on.

I take it you're no longer "fapping" over Dwight's acquisition?

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2013, 06:36 PM
whats the chances of the rapists and biblekemp fighting fo'real?

Cry Havoc
02-08-2013, 06:41 PM
whats the chances of the rapists and biblekemp fighting fo'real?

Given Kobe's habit of getting Christened every time he steps to someone? Low.

Ashy Larry
02-08-2013, 06:52 PM
lol "future of the franchise" without a contract

basically .......

UZER
02-08-2013, 07:03 PM
kool: "nigga Kobe nigga nigga nigga Kobe nigga nigga Kobe...."

kool: "hey TDMVPDPOY....learn how to speak English"

Mel_13
02-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Kobe treating Dwight like a wicked step child is well deserved...if that nigga gonna basically say I'm not giving 100% until I got a max deal then Kobe needs to keep shitting on him...For as much as Dwight never wanted to play in LA - Kobe never wanted him...he basically told that nigga long before he even got traded...Defend and Rebound (be my Tyson Chandler) only I don't need you for nothing else..Kobe has stuck to his guns and his word..Dwight's game is at best - rudimentary collegiate Sophomore level...Kobe never respected the dude and I for one don't blame him....

If all that's true, and it appears that it is, then the chess master made a monumental mistake in acquiring Howard. There were plenty of takers for Bynum. If the master was on his game, he would have gotten assets that would have actually fit with a Kobe-led team.

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2013, 07:07 PM
clown talkin about support.....is he supporting his children by any chance?

MannyIsGod
02-08-2013, 07:32 PM
LOL @ the idea of anyone feeling sorry for Howard being thrown under the bus by a coach. I pretty much remember him thrwing SVG under the bus. Dwight is weak as hell mentally and its become quite obvious. Spurs fans just love to hate on Kobe so they would rather defend Howard when he's really not someone who should be defended.

Clipper Nation
02-08-2013, 07:32 PM
kool: "nigga Kobe nigga nigga nigga Kobe nigga nigga Kobe...."

kool: "hey TDMVPDPOY....learn how to speak English"

:rollin

Thebesteva
02-08-2013, 07:38 PM
He came to the Lakers for the right reasons but he thought it would be easier...well its not...its harder. A ton of pressure, as Robert Horry once said when he went from the Lakers to the Spurs it is so much easier to just get to practice, do your job, and go home without 1000000000000000 interview questions everyday. One wrong quote and you've got a butch lesbian like Jackie Macmullen trying to divide the team.

In all honesty, Jackie Macmullen is a ****.

Latarian Milton
02-08-2013, 08:34 PM
lakers want to make him the scapegoat and it makes him feel desolate, nigga's time with the lakers is counting down tbh.

UZER
02-08-2013, 11:45 PM
He came to the Lakers for the right reasons but he thought it would be easier...well its not...its harder. A ton of pressure, as Robert Horry once said when he went from the Lakers to the Spurs it is so much easier to just get to practice, do your job, and go home without 1000000000000000 interview questions everyday. One wrong quote and you've got a butch lesbian like Jackie Macmullen trying to divide the team.

In all honesty, Jackie Macmullen is a ****.

hey that's the price you when you get so much media ass kissing and get waaaay to much credit for simple things team do on a nightly basis. Can't have it both ways.

Killakobe81
02-09-2013, 04:39 AM

how about his own legacy he shouldnt do shit for KObe, he sould do it for himself.

AaronY
02-09-2013, 11:36 AM
People don't take him seriously because of all the clowning around he does.
truth bomb

Jt.ONE
02-09-2013, 03:50 PM
LOL @ the idea of anyone feeling sorry for Howard being thrown under the bus by a coach. I pretty much remember him thrwing SVG under the bus. Dwight is weak as hell mentally and its become quite obvious. Spurs fans just love to hate on Kobe so they would rather defend Howard when he's really not someone who should be defended.

callo1
02-10-2013, 01:47 PM

As soon as I start to feel bad for him, my emotions are checked by his coach killing of Stan, tossing his teamate (Nelson) under the bus and his Dwightmare drama queen tactics in Orlando.

Nash on the other hand continued to be loyal to a Phoenix team that was going no where. No comparison imo.

callo1
02-10-2013, 01:54 PM
He came to the Lakers for the right reasons but he thought it would be easier...well its not...its harder. A ton of pressure, as Robert Horry once said when he went from the Lakers to the Spurs it is so much easier to just get to practice, do your job, and go home without 1000000000000000 interview questions everyday.

I would say that not having to play with a bunch of egomaniacs in S.A. helped as well no?

td4mvp2k
02-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Ya as clueless as the coach and FO of the Lakers.... :lol

hater
02-10-2013, 06:13 PM
can't fix the fact that Dwight is a pussy. if he hasn't gained the respect of his teammates by now, it's probably because he has a vagina.

LkrFan
05-03-2014, 07:14 AM
"Not again!"
--Dwert

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/wp-content/blogs.dir/2380/files/playoffs-first-round-rockets-vs-blazers/20140503_rocketsblazersgm6_jan_58.jpg

:rollin :lmao :rollin

Koolaid_Man
05-03-2014, 07:19 AM
"Not again!"
--Dwert

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/wp-content/blogs.dir/2380/files/playoffs-first-round-rockets-vs-blazers/20140503_rocketsblazersgm6_jan_58.jpg

:rollin :lmao :rollin

Dwight is showing us the many ways you can bend over....:lol and the Rockets player with the #2 Jersey on looks like a kids birthday party clown.all he needs is the wig and red lipstick ..that is one ugly black nappy head muthafucker

LkrFan
05-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Dwight is showing us the many ways you can bend over....:lol and the Rockets player with the #2 Jersey on looks like a kids birthday party clown.all he needs is the wig and red lipstick ..that is one ugly black nappy head muthafucker
:lol - and he left $30 large on the table - only to take a 14 incher in the 1st round again. Support that shiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :lmao