PDA

View Full Version : Moore asks citizens to stand up to Obama’s ‘dangerous’ erosion of civil liberties

SA210
02-08-2013, 07:51 PM
uh oh Dems may get upset with Michael Moore..

Michael Moore asks citizens to stand up to Obama’s ‘dangerous’ erosion of civil liberties

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/07/michael-moore-asks-citizens-to-stand-up-to-obamas-dangerous-erosion-of-civil-liberties/
(http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/07/michael-moore-asks-citizens-to-stand-up-to-obamas-dangerous-erosion-of-civil-liberties/)

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/michaelmoorevote-screen.jpg

Moore supporting activists who have mounted a case against the Obama administration seeking change to ‘dangerous’ NDAA law

Michael Moore, the gadfly documentarian who has made a career out of fighting against conservative issues, has called for US citizens to stand up to President Barack Obama and back a court case he says is fighting a dangerous erosion of civil liberties.

The case has been brought against a little known piece of legislation called the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which critics say has been changed to grant Obama the power to indefinitely detain American citizens without charge.

A group of activists, including Daniel Ellsberg – the official who leaked the Pentagon papers about the Vietnam war – and former New York Times journalist Chris Hedges have gone to court to get the language of the NDAA changed. On Wednesday an appeals court in New York heard arguments in the case and is set to render a judgement in the coming months.

Now Moore has come out swinging against the NDAA too, saying that the Obama White House is embarked on a plan to scrap vital civil rights that should concern every American citizen despite a relative lack of publicity about the case. “At the moment a lot of people think the NDAA does not look scary. But this sort of thing never looks scary at the start. But the American people will rue the day if they do not stop this,” he told The Guardian in an interview.

Moore was speaking after a court in New York heard an appeal in the case against the NDAA. Lawyers seeking to overturn the NDAA argued that it erodes American rights and free speech and grants huge and unconstitutional powers to the government to suppress dissent and indefinitely detain people without going through proper legal channels. Lawyers for the Obama administration insists that the NDAA represents nothing new and has never been used in the ways that its critics suggest.

Moore said he would be seeking to explain the case to his fans. “If the American people understood this, I do believe they would be very, very concerned about it,” he said. The force behind such hard-hitting documentaries as Fahrenheit 9/11 and Bowling for Columbine – which took on right-wing issues like President George W. Bush’s security policy and gun laws – said that liberals were giving Obama a free pass due to his popularity with Democrats. “(Obama) puts this face on it that makes it difficult. It was much easier when the face was Bush,” Moore said “We have to work and speak out against the Obama administration and everything they are doing to destroy civil liberties.”

Such strong language from a liberal icon is likely to shock many of Moore’s usual audience. But the case brought against the NDAA is rapidly becoming a rallying cry for many civil liberties advocates who see Obama as pursuing much of the same national security policy as his predecessor Bush. “The major assault by the Bush administration has been embraced by the Obama administration,” said Hedges.

The NDAA case hinges on language that critics say is too vague. It grants the power of detention and the right to use force against anyone deemed to have “substantially supported” Al Qaeda or the Taliban or “associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners”. Critics say those terms are so broad that it, for example, include journalists or academics who interview Islamic militants or clerics. Or that the definition of terrorism might extend to those involved in projects like Wikileaks or cyber-hacking groups like Anonymous or the Occupy protests.

Lawyer Bruce Afran, who is arguing the case in court, said that the NDAA laid a basis for massive future abuses, even if it currently was not being used in that way. “I know that the government is not setting up internment camps for journalists and activists,” he said. “But the very fact that this power exists is what diminishes free speech.”

Last September Judge Katherine Forrest surprised many observers by agreeing with the claimants and striking down the NDAA language as unconstitutional to free speech rights. However, the Obama administration immediately made an emergency appeal of the ruling and said Forrest’s ruling did “irreparable harm to national security”. An appeals court then stayed the decision and ordered the new hearings to be held on Wednesday. Eventually the case could go all the way to the Supreme Court.

Government lawyer Robert Loeb argued in the appeal that critics had fundamentally misread the NDAA and that journalists, activists and others had no reason to fear the law as it was not aimed at them. The Department of Justice also brought in testimony from three conservative Republican senators – Kelly Ayotte, Lindsey Graham and John McCain – to bolster their position. However, the lining up of such famously hawkish political figures on the same side as the Obama administration is enough to make people like Moore even more implacable in their opposition. “By and large politicians are not tuned in. Perhaps Obama needs to just be educated about this issue,” he said.

SA210
02-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Sierra Adamson interviews Chris Hedges at the hearing for the second court of appeals in the Hedges v Obama NDAA lawsuit. Hedges explains what has happened in the lawsuit to date, the next steps and what he sees in America's upcoming future.

Learn more about the NDAA: http://www.stopndaa.org

Chris Hedges: NDAA Lawsuit Update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsGJpTAsV8k

Daniel Ellsberg on the NDAA Lawsuit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uISgccmJ0cg

boutons_deux
02-09-2013, 09:00 AM
While I'm as disappointed as any non-right-winger with Barry, the billionaires' corporatocracy push for destruction of key Constitutional protections for Human-Americans is inevitable (while perverting the Constitution to create/protect/enrich Corporate-Americans), no matter which party is power.

If you wingnuts think Bishop Gekko/Ryan would have not pushed for/allowed NDAA, FISA etc, it's just more proof of your wingnuthoodiness.

On another front, we'll see if the corporatocracy shuts this down: http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/6/3950664/phil-zimmermann-wants-to-save-you-from-your-phone.

(btw, in that article, Christopher Soghoian is the son of a long-time friend.)

SA210
02-09-2013, 09:10 AM
While I'm as disappointed as any non-right-winger with Barry, the billionaires' corporatocracy push for destruction of key Constitutional protections is inevitable, no matter which party is power.

If you wingnuts think Bishop Gekko/Ryan would have not pushed for/allowed NDAA, FISA etc, it's just more proof of your wingnuthoodiness.

On another front, we'll see if the corporatocracy shuts this down: http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/6/3950664/phil-zimmermann-wants-to-save-you-from-your-phone.

(btw, in that article, Christopher Soghoian is the son of a long-time friend.)

I don't disagree at all that the right wing nuts would attempt the same, the problem is Barry is doing their job for them at 10x the speed. He is just as bad if not worse imo. The evil neocons at least tell us how fucked they are in the heads and have no shame to their game, Obama lies that he is about peace and change but he's just the same and is able to get neocon agendas passed that neocons wouldn't be able to do that quickly. He has fast tracked some really horrible policies, murdering Americans, NDAA, etc that would have taken the right much longer to accomplish, because the brand of Barry and the msm have the population brainwashed into accepting all that the Barry brand spews in his fake Presidential theater speeches.

boutons_deux
02-09-2013, 09:26 AM
bullshit. Bishop Gecko's and Repug "brand" of LIES were/are that they are for freedom, democracy, liberty, etc. while the work feverishly, relentlessly at state and federal level to kill all of that.

Vladimir Lenin
02-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Micheal More is a dumbass.

Clipper Nation
02-09-2013, 04:15 PM
While I'm as disappointed as any non-right-winger with Barry
:lmao

DMC
02-10-2013, 02:07 AM
Fuck Moore. He was a fat faggot before and he doesn't become OK just because he's attacking your enemy.

Winehole23
02-10-2013, 04:42 AM
SA210: about a minute ago you said libs and the MSM weren't denouncing it. you were wrong.

SA210
02-10-2013, 10:30 AM
SA210 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2902): about a minute ago you said libs and the MSM weren't denouncing it. you were wrong.

No, I wasn't. I was talking about a major dis-proportionality. You know very well if Bush was killing Americans this country would be very different right now. The MSM didn't even really report on the drones story until last week. Come on, this is something alternative news has been talking about for a VERY long time now and msm and majority of Dems were silent. I was in here criticizing the msm during Election Theater 2012, they never talked about Obama murdering Americans during the debates and campaigns. This totally should have been covered during that time.

Now a few are coming out because the story broke on msm, even though alternative news and activists bitched about it for a long time. And even though msm has now talked about it, they are still doing a good job of trying to make it sound not so bad. They are having generals speak on MSNBC talking about how these things are necessary, they are having polls asking Americans if they support drone strikes on Americans if they are Al Qaeda members, and the stupid population votes in a majority for the drones (if the polls are even legit), because the way they form the question.

IMO, the reason for that is because they keep talking about Al Awalaki as an Al Qaeda member (hardly talking about how NO proof of this has been presented), but the entire time pretty much ignoring and focusing in on the 16 year old boy, his son, that was murdered for no reason.

That's key. Of course stupid Americans will vote in support of drones, when msm continues to tell them about "Al Qaeda", and then ignore the story of the 16 year old for the most part, and then lie and say civilian casualties are in the single digits, (only because Obama purposely changed the definition of civilian, naming all kids 16 years and up as "military combatants". Why won't they key in on those facts? Ppl are still being brainwashed.

Again, some ppl are barely coming out, where were they when this all started happening, why did they ignore it during the election? It's all theater. I'm glad its out now, thats why I am the one posting the stories, but they are way behind, and still not giving the full story.

I hope they start pressing the issue more on lack of evidence and the 16 year old boy. That, imo, would make a difference. And you also know msm does not cover NDAA.

mavs>spurs
02-10-2013, 01:00 PM
fuck that fat son of a bitch, last week he was with obama wanting to light fire to the 2nd amendment and now since it hurt his popularity he's trying to save face. nuh uh, fuck you chump.

SA210
02-10-2013, 08:30 PM
fuck that fat son of a bitch, last week he was with obama wanting to light fire to the 2nd amendment and now since it hurt his popularity he's trying to save face. nuh uh, fuck you chump.

Oh I agree, just pointing out that he came out against NDAA. Hope more people wake up from their fairytale of this man

SA210
02-11-2013, 11:54 AM

Abby Martin sits down with journalist, author and lead plaintiff in the case against indefinite detention, Chris Hedges, about the historical precedent the NDAA lawsuit sets, and why every American should care.

Hedges v Obama | Interview with NDAA Plaintiff Chris Hedges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCw3g4V5GTE

whitemamba
02-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Fuck Moore. He was a fat faggot before and he doesn't become OK just because he's attacking your enemy.

this

SA210
02-11-2013, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e7MBxpJUrI

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 10:46 AM
And you also know msm does not cover NDAA.you're wrong about that too.

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2013, 11:20 AM
does that also apply to non citizens? lmao

Vladimir Lenin
02-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Moore is another fat ass hollywoood libtard that is a fucking dumbass.

SA210
02-12-2013, 11:26 AM
you're wrong about that too.

No I'm right about both. For some reason you think a quick mention of said issues hidden in between an entire day of stories of non issues that take priority over it is considered reporting and doing the issue justice. Wrong.

NDAA is huge. Where is the msm tv outrage? And dont show me a simple mention somewhere

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 11:50 AM
And dont show me a simple mention somewherelol lowing the bar severely. good move.

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Rachal Maddow?

already posted upstream in another thread you barely even looked at, asshat.

SA210
02-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Rachal Maddow?

already posted upstream in another thread you barely even looked at, asshat.

You are clearly the asshat lol. If I have posted anything from the msm tv media in here it has been mostly from Rachel Maddow and I've done it more than a few times :lol Before you try insulting, know me before jumping to ignorant assumptions.

Vladimir Lenin
02-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Rachel Maddow would be jailed in my country,.

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 12:40 PM
If I have posted anything from the msm tv media in here it has been mostly from Rachel Maddow and I've done it more than a few times :lolyou posted the original link. of course.

appreciate personal confirmation of my casual recollection, SA210. you posted proof of MSM TV coverage yourself.

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 12:40 PM
see what I mean about severely lowering the bar?

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 12:42 PM
see what I mean about severely lowering the bar?

lol..logic sucks.

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 12:45 PM
haven't hit stride, already your claims are defunct.

if your expectations got any lower we'd have to dig a hole to bury them in, SA210.

SA210
02-12-2013, 12:48 PM
lol..logic sucks.

no, it's just that you morons twist what I originally say and spin my point lol Easy to talk about articles, but we all know the public didn't care until MSNBC actually aired the issue consistently on TV, barely last week. lol But Winewhore can keep trying. :tu

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 12:51 PM
no, it's just that you morons twist what I originally say and spin my point lol Easy to talk about articles, but we all know the public didn't care until MSNBC actually aired the issue consistently on TV, barely last week. lol But Winewhore can keep trying. :tu

Your arguments' structural plasticity is surpassed only by WC. That your talking points are easily dissected is not the result of moronic onlookers.

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Also, just for grins, try constructing a cogent post with out wagging around that confirmation bias RSS teddy bear of yours.

SA210
02-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Your arguments' structural plasticity is surpassed only by WC. That your talking points are easily dissected is not the result of moronic onlookers.

It's funny how you lie, I have owned all of you severely on the actual issues. But keep lying to yourselves, you need it. lol

SA210
02-12-2013, 12:55 PM
:cry sa210 owned me and I can't get over it :cry

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 12:59 PM
It's funny how you lie, I have owned all of you severely on the actual issues. But keep lying to yourselves, you need it. lol

you've owned me? Not likely.

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 01:00 PM
:cryI'm as delusional as my youtubes:cry

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 01:06 PM
can't see his own ass in the mirror, but then, who can?

it's actually more funny this way, TB, if also more plodding . . .

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 01:07 PM
plodding is my middle name. lol

SA210
02-12-2013, 01:09 PM
:cry

Drachen
02-12-2013, 01:10 PM
can't see his own ass in the mirror, but then, who can?

it's actually more funny this way, TB, if also more plodding . . .

TB has some kind of high annoyance threshold or a sadistic streak and therefore likes to engage these people on a regular basis.

Wait. He engages me on a regular basis too. Crap.

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 01:10 PM
SA210, rendered momentarily speechless

SA210
02-12-2013, 01:12 PM

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 01:15 PM
TB has some kind of high annoyance threshold or a sadistic streak and therefore likes to engage these people on a regular basis.whereeas I have a low tolerance for amusement but the highest for bullshit, so long as it satisfies.

bs that does not satisfy will be rejected swiftly and unsentimentally per the prevailing custom.

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 01:19 PM
SA210 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2902): opinion free, fact free resentment?

commonplace. blame and self credit are similarly mal-apportioned, per usual.

SA210
02-12-2013, 01:23 PM
:cry Sa210 owned me on the actual issues, again, so I must up my post count pretending he didn't by trying to impress people with pretty words and that somehow will divert attention from my ownage :cry

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 01:25 PM
yeah, that's it.

SA210
02-12-2013, 01:27 PM
yeah, that's it.

I know, duh

FromWayDowntown
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Isn't there some rule about declaring oneself the winner of an internet argument?

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 01:29 PM
(^^^usually heavy reliance on smilies, even for SA210)

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Isn't there some rule about declaring oneself the winner of an internet argument?it ain't his fault. he's been in a cave . . .

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 01:31 PM
imagine the Caspar Hauser scenario . . .

SA210
02-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Isn't there some rule about declaring oneself the winner of an internet argument?

Well "winning" definitely isn't an out of work paralegal who spends his time online all the time instead of working, and then ignoring a thread about the guy he voted for murdering Americans without due process. I know, I know you don't have to post about every single topic all the time. :lol Very telling though that you'd rather jump on a troll bandwagon instead of dicussing the issues of your murderous president of innocent women and babies, and even Americans. Go ahead though, it's obvious you have no clients. lol

FromWayDowntown
02-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Well "winning" definitely isn't an out of work paralegal who spends his time online all the time instead of working, and then ignoring a thread about the guy he voted for murdering Americans without due process. I know, I know you don't have to post about every single topic all the time. :lol Very telling though that you'd rather jump on a troll bandwagon instead of dicussing the issues of your murderous president of innocent women and babies, and even Americans. Go ahead though, it's obvious you have no clients. lol

Obviously.

FromWayDowntown
02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Usually, nothing screams "winning" on the internet more than personal attacks.

SA210
02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Usually, nothing screams "winning" on the internet more than personal attacks.

Maybe you should stop doing them in your own cowardly way. You should be somewhere supporting a child murderer or giving people details on referees or maybe you were you laid off from that too.

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
lol SA210, claiming personal credit for the news via linking it here..

(don't sprain your wrist patting yourself on the back)

SA210
02-12-2013, 01:46 PM
lol SA210, claiming personal credit for the news via linking it here..

(don't sprain your wrist patting yourself on the back)

lol Another weak attempt at twisting what I say out of pure desperation and the confidence that fellow trolls will jump on that bandwagon

FromWayDowntown
02-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Well, here we go again: the only way to think that Obama is wrong on drones is to post something on SpursTalk saying that I think Obama is wrong on drones and an utter disappointment with regard to civil rights and civil liberties. Since I haven't posted that on SpursTalk to the satisfaction of SA210 (who has a remarkably deep knowledge of the things that I tend to post about), clearly, the only reasonable conclusion about me is one that I support drone strikes and think Obama's record on civil rights and liberties is stellar.

Unquestionably, the only way to have any opinion about a political topic is to post those thoughts on SpursTalk.

SA210
02-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Well, here we go again: the only way to think that Obama is wrong on drones is to post something on SpursTalk saying that I think Obama is wrong on drones and an utter disappointment with regard to civil rights and civil liberties. Since I haven't posted that on SpursTalk to the satisfaction of SA210 (who has a remarkably deep knowledge of the things that I tend to post about), clearly, the only reasonable conclusion about me is one that I support drone strikes and think Obama's record on civil rights and liberties is stellar.

Unquestionably, the only way to have any opinion about a political topic is to post those thoughts on SpursTalk.

No wonder you can't make it as a lawyer, you have horrible arguments, and pretty boring too lol I just find it funny that you will skip those important issues in a political forum but then jump on the bandwagon of other trolls to try to insult someone. Damn you suck lol Oh I know why you did that, you didn't like how i pointed out Obama and Dems hypocricy on NDAA. What a backbone you have there.

FromWayDowntown
02-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Really, when a thread has reached several pages in length and one who has been busy with other things really has nothing specific to add to the discussion, it should be nevertheless obligatory to post agreement or disagreement just to register such so that those who worry about who's on which side of any given topic can effectively count heads.

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 01:56 PM
also, SA210 ignores previous, pertinent threads. there's no small amount of running commentary on this that and the other.

totally notwithstanding, it's like what's already there isn't even there.

SA210 doesn't even want to find out who might agree with him.

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 01:58 PM
lol Another weak attempt at twisting what I say out of pure desperation and the confidence that fellow trolls will jump on that bandwagonyou resent the participation of others in general? it shows . . .

FromWayDowntown
02-12-2013, 01:59 PM
No wonder you can't make it as a lawyer, you have horrible arguments, and pretty boring too lol I just find it funny that you will skip those important issues in a political forum but then jump on the bandwagon of other trolls to try to insult someone. Damn you suck lol Oh I know why you did that, you didn't like how i pointed out Obama and Dems hypocricy on NDAA. What a backbone you have there.

Not trying to insult anyone -- just think its funny when anyone claims a "win" on SpursTalk. If you were insulted, I'm sorry.

I don't have a problem with you pointing out hypocrisy because I share that view in this instance. I'm not sure if its breathtaking hubris to assume that my silence equates to disagreement with your position or deep insecurity. Regardless, as we've previously discussed, you can rest assured that my silence on an issue does not mean that I disagree with you.

SA210
02-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Not trying to insult anyone -- just think its funny when anyone claims a "win" on SpursTalk. If you were insulted, I'm sorry.

I don't have a problem with you pointing out hypocrisy because I share that view in this instance. I'm not sure if its breathtaking hubris to assume that my silence equates to disagreement with your position or deep insecurity. Regardless, as we've previously discussed, you can rest assured that my silence on an issue does not mean that I disagree with you.

I just find it funny that you will come to a political forum, not to discuss anything truly important but to try and jump on a bandwagin of someone else who is full of crap.

z0sa
02-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Assuming legislation like the current NDAA and the CIA's stance on torture are only the beginnings of more nefarious occurrences... How long before one party having just had a strong election, decides to consolidate power? Their political opponents start disappearing, only to subsequently reappear, confess communicating key information and aid to the GUN (global underground network of terrorists), and willingly be hanged for their treason? Fifty years? 30?

Yeah I've been reading of Orwell lately, I'll admit, but these types of events aren't exactly without precedence. The Nazis had their Night of the Long Knives, for instance. There was the end of Trotsky in Red Russia. Eventually, an unchecked government becomes power mad and imprisons or kills the opponents. Orwell was very forward thinking, but not even he imagined as perfect a state enemy as the ambiguous terrorists and hackers.

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 02:08 PM
I just find it funny that you will come to a political forum, not to discuss anything truly important but to try and jump on a bandwagin of someone else who is full of crap.FWD did not do so, you only assumed he did.

SA210
02-12-2013, 02:09 PM
FWD did not do so, you only assumed he did.

um, no

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 02:14 PM
um, yes, you did. pretty obviously.

I see FWD's posts as being neither supportive nor hostile toward me.

OTOH, insofar as they tend to chide the prevailing incivility, perhaps I wore the cross-hairs too . . .

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Assuming legislation like the current NDAA and the CIA's stance on torture are only the beginnings of more nefarious occurrences... How long before one party having just had a strong election, decides to consolidate power? Their political opponents start disappearing, only to subsequently reappear, confess communicating key information and aid to the GUN (global underground network of terrorists), and willingly be hanged for their treason? Fifty years? 30?the part about people submitting willingly to hanging seems overoptimistic, but the broad outline's already there: endless war, unlimited battlefield.

Yeah I've been reading of Orwell lately, I'll admit, but these types of events aren't exactly without precedence. The Nazis had their Night of the Long Knives, for instance. There was the end of Trotsky in Red Russia. Eventually, an unchecked government becomes power mad and imprisons or kills the opponents. Orwell was very forward thinking, but not even he imagined as perfect a state enemy as the ambiguous terrorists and hackers.recently reread most of "1984" on the shitter. timely.

highly recommended.

good airplane book, too

SA210
02-12-2013, 02:26 PM
um, yes, you did. pretty obviously. I see FWD's posts as being neither supportive nor hostile toward me.

I'm a little bit puzzled how you got there.

lol I know you're puzzled because you don't know what ur talking about lol Moron

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 02:31 PM
whatever you say, wolf boy.

SA210
02-12-2013, 02:33 PM
whatever you say, wolf boy.

You have turned two threads today into nothing but trolling, and away from the issues. :tu Great job. You are officially a troll

admiralsnackbar
02-12-2013, 02:33 PM
lol I know you're puzzled because you don't know what ur talking about lol Moron

So making fun of your hubris for declaring yourself 'thread winner' instead of actually arguing your position in a measured manner is proof you were right to assume FWD disagrees with your point and justifies your bush-league ad hominems against him?

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 02:35 PM
You have turned two threads today into nothing but trolling, and away from the issues. :tu Great job. You are officially a trollhttp://www.iberianature.com/spainblog/2010/05/the-wolf-child-of-the-sierra-morena/

SA210
02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
So making fun of your hubris for declaring yourself 'thread winner' instead of actually arguing your position in a measured manner is proof you were right to assume FWD disagrees with your point and justifies your bush-league ad hominems against him?

I already proved it, thats why they are mad now. Winehole has simply become a troll because of it. lol

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 02:37 PM
congratulations, you are now officially a wolf boy . . .

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 02:41 PM
lol proof.

admiralsnackbar
02-12-2013, 02:43 PM
I already proved it, thats why they are mad now. Winehole has simply become a troll because of it. lol

I apologize, but can you point to the post in which you did this? I see to have missed it.

z0sa
02-12-2013, 02:44 PM
the part about people submitting willingly to hanging seems overoptimistic, but the broad outline's already there: endless war, unlimited battlefield.

I agree, actually, but I still think the principle would hold true. From what I've read, this is exactly what happened in the Trotsky Moscow "show trials." That is, the key political opponents ultimately would confess their crimes - even contrived ones, despite knowing they were surely sentenced to death.

The answer to why is simple enough. In Orwell's view, enough torture (with only a slim hope of death and no hope of being released) eventually brainwashes people into doublethink. Then, ultimately, after they've confessed their crimes publically (despite knowing they never happened), they are eliminated, either in public, or by simply disappearing again, this time into a furnace.

recently reread most of "1984" on the shitter. timely.

highly recommended.

good airplane book, too

I "binge read" this book over a night just a few weeks ago and I'm re reading it again at a slower pace. I had read it years ago in high school (maybe 7 years ago) but I feel like it's a totally different book now, not just for me, but everyone. It's eerily prescient of today's times and a future growing altogether plausible. I'm almost inclined to predict that OBL will reappear at some point to become the face of the "enemy." But surely that's pure madness... right?

SA210
02-12-2013, 02:44 PM
I apologize, but can you point to the post in which you did this? I see to have missed it.

It's from many other threads that go way back. It didn't just start in this one.

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Winehole has simply become a troll because of it. lolI already was one, lol you taking credit for me.

your claims did not withstand momentary scrutiny in two threads, unless you're takin credit for the linked stories.

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 02:46 PM
I was elected President of the World....right after I beat the Popes' ass at the local golf course. The proof is in many other threads that go way back.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2013, 02:48 PM
It's from many other threads that go way back. It didn't just start in this one.:lol

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 02:48 PM
TB has some kind of high annoyance threshold or a sadistic streak and therefore likes to engage these people on a regular basis.

Wait. He engages me on a regular basis too. Crap.

You can't spell streak without steak.

I'm sure that means something, right?

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
It's from many other threads that go way back. It didn't just start in this one.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/teyshablue/vaderfail.jpg

Drachen
02-12-2013, 02:51 PM
You can't spell streak without steak.

I'm sure that means something, right?

I said last word, not last words, dipshit!

Blake
02-12-2013, 02:52 PM
you've owned me? Not likely.

I'm trying to concoct an incredibly hilarious line that includes ”drone” and ”own” but the results have been miserable

”Drpwned!” just doesn't work.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2013, 02:53 PM
I was patiently waiting for the Vader picture tbh.

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 02:53 PM
”Drpwned!” just doesn't work. "

Resonance just isnt there. Too many consonants, tbh.

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 02:54 PM
I was patiently waiting for the Vader picture tbh.

Seemed like time. lol

SA210
02-12-2013, 02:54 PM
:lmao the amount of butthurt from do-nothings is hilarious in this forum

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 02:55 PM
:cry My middle name is boutons!:cry

SA210
02-12-2013, 02:57 PM
:lmao the amount of butthurt from do-nothings is hilarious in this forum

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 02:59 PM
http://www.tuberose.com/Graphics/milking%20cow.jpg

ChumpDumper
02-12-2013, 02:59 PM
The amount of self-quoting from SA210 is hilarious in this forum.

Blake
02-12-2013, 03:00 PM

Yeah.

And Pdroned! sounds like a tequila

:cry so close to extreme funny yet so far.

boutons_deux
02-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Michael Moore, Chris Hedges on Challenging NDAA Indefinite Detention and the "Corporate Coup d’État"
Matt Sledge: Which is the corporation arguing, you know, or lobbying for Section 1021 of the NDAA?

Chris Hedges: All of them. All of them. Who writes our legislation but corporate lobbyists? The security and surveillance state is the mechanism. Look, we have, not far from here, a few blocks from here, a joint command center with the NYPD and Goldman Sachs. I was arrested in front of Goldman Sachs with the Occupy movement. And let me tell you that when they—when the security came out, it was a mixed security of Goldman Sachs security and NYPD security. These corporations have created 70 percent of our—we have 16 intelligence agencies, and as Jeremy Scahill has pointed out, 70 percent of their work are outsourced corporations. We have handed the capacity for the security and surveillance state to private corporations.

http://truth-out.org/video/item/14515-michael-moore-chris-hedges-on-challenging-ndaa-indefinite-detention-and-the-corporate-coup

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Yeah.

And Pdroned! sounds like a tequila

:cry so close to extreme funny yet so far.

Pdroned....might be on to something there.:lol

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 03:29 PM
b_d and z0sa had topical replies.

if you feel topical focus is lacking feel free to pick up the thread anywhere, SA210.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2013, 03:33 PM
It is customary once one has declared victory to leave the field quickly or else one might have to justify such a declaration.

Anyway, protests aren't a bad idea. It is tough to get the average Joe to join if he doesn't feel he has a personal stake in it though. Same with drones.

admiralsnackbar
02-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Seconded.

admiralsnackbar
02-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Or 2wned

Winehole23
02-12-2013, 03:40 PM
allegedly SA210 has a real life. perhaps his heavy burdens there account for the low quality of his submissions here.

admiralsnackbar
02-12-2013, 03:54 PM
allegedly SA210 has a real life. perhaps his heavy burdens there account for the low quality of his submissions here.

He's doubtless proven it elsewhere.

Blake
02-12-2013, 04:03 PM

Seconded.

Motion passed.

New motion for 210wned has also passed.

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Acceptable. Seconded on 210wned.

admiralsnackbar
02-12-2013, 04:17 PM
The ayes have it.

boutons_deux
02-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Here's a lefty intellectual also getting down on Barry and civil liberties

The Shooting Gallery: Obama and the Vanishing Point of Democracy

http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/14483-the-shooting-gallery-obama-and-the-vanishing-point-of-democracy

z0sa
02-12-2013, 05:31 PM
See, Blue team cares! I promise! Goooooo Blue team!

boutons_deux
02-12-2013, 05:42 PM
"See, Blue team cares! I promise! Goooooo Blue team!"

Feel free to reference equivalent dissensions in right-wing, Repug ranks as dubya/dickhead invaded Iraq-for-oil, raped all kinds of civil liberties, etc, etc.

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 05:48 PM
lol.

SA210
02-12-2013, 06:49 PM
"See, Blue team cares! I promise! Goooooo Blue team!"

Feel free to reference equivalent dissensions in right-wing, Repug ranks as dubya/dickhead invaded Iraq-for-oil, raped all kinds of civil liberties, etc, etc.

There wasn't any lol

Winehole23
02-13-2013, 02:01 AM
are we all on ignore, now, SA210?

Winehole23
02-13-2013, 02:01 AM
all but for boutons lol.

ElNono
02-13-2013, 02:34 AM
I just wanted to chime in, and state I won this thread on the interwebs... you all may continue your pointless discourse with "measures of outrage".

Winehole23
02-13-2013, 02:43 AM
measured in units of amusement, here

Winehole23
02-13-2013, 02:55 AM
Your arguments' structural plasticity is surpassed only by WC.Reminds me of Parker.

That your talking points are easily dissected is not the result of moronic onlookers.a trained monkey no, an adequately programmed bot, probably yes.

Wild Cobra
02-13-2013, 03:07 AM
Moore is another fat ass hollywoood libtard that is a fucking dumbass.
Keep using "libtard" and people will think you are my troll...

LnGrrrR
02-13-2013, 04:04 AM

Drone-pwned?

Winehole23
02-13-2013, 04:08 AM
Keep using "libtard" and people will think you are my troll...wouldn't have occurred to me until you mentioned it.

Wild Cobra
02-13-2013, 04:13 AM
wouldn't have occurred to me until you mentioned it.
I simply don't want to be thought of as him. Maybe I just opened a can or worms though.

Winehole23
02-13-2013, 04:18 AM
I simply don't want to be thought of as him.hard to see how anyone could make such an obvious mistake, but I must say, your anxiousness gives me pause.

are you guilty minded?

z0sa
02-13-2013, 04:19 AM
hahaha WC as Vladi Lenin certainly gives one pause.

Wild Cobra
02-13-2013, 04:20 AM
hard to see how anyone could make such an obvious mistake, but I must say, your anxiousness gives me pause.

are you guilty minded?
LOL...

No.

I have ignored most the stuff he said, but "libtard" doesn't set right with me, for him to use it.

Vladimir Lenin
02-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Keep using "libtard" and people will think you are my troll...

Libtard and libtard