PDA

View Full Version : What does gnsf and CIA (I.e. CIA Pop) mean??

dallasmaverickslose
02-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Enlighten me.

Obstructed_View
02-08-2013, 09:43 PM
GNSF - grey name Spurs fan. Many time it's a newbie who says something stupid or a troll. Used as an insult to a moronic take.

CIA - belief that Pop does everything for a reason due to his majoring in Soviet Studies in college.

bklynspursfan
02-08-2013, 09:47 PM
GNSF - grey name Spurs fan. Many time it's a newbie who says something stupid or a troll. Used as an insult to a moronic take.

CIA - belief that Pop does everything for a reason due to his majoring in Soviet Studies in college.

Like the coaching decisions he made tonight... It's obvious he wanted this 11 game streak to come to an end

Obstructed_View
02-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Like the coaching decisions he made tonight... It's obvious he wanted this 11 game streak to come to an end

Parker's defense was forgettable, Danny Green playing guard was terrible, Gary Neal was beyond awful, and they were all >>>>>>> Mills. If there was a coaching move to be made to stop the Pistons' guards from shredding the defense I'd love to hear about it.

Obstructed_View
02-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Enlighten me.

See here for proper context:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209274&page=28&p=6349513&viewfull=1#post6349513

spurraider21
02-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Parker's defense was forgettable, Danny Green playing guard was terrible, Gary Neal was beyond awful, and they were all >>>>>>> Mills. If there was a coaching move to be made to stop the Pistons' guards from shredding the defense I'd love to hear about it.

all of a sudden mills looks overpaid :lol

bklynspursfan
02-08-2013, 10:01 PM

Getting out rebounded by almost 20, yet continuing to go with Bonner/Blair. It wasn't so much about the guards, but we got abused on the interior, and there were no adjustments made.

Boris Diaw was pretty bad all game. But bringing Blair off the bench to play along side him when Splitter went to the bench in the 2nd half? On Wednesday, Baynes was the first big off the bench after halftime, and he did a formidable job on Pek.

Kawhi Leonard had a nice game, but he only played 4 more minutes than Jackson? And the same amount as Neal? He was starting to get into a nice groove

Playing a lineup of Neal/Green/Jax/Blair/Bonner? DeColo only played 5 minutes, but he would be the best ball handler off the bench with no Manu. And it's not like Neal was lights out where we have an excuse to keep him in.

We haven't all seen Pop want to kill long streaks? I understand to a degree why he does it. Just thought it was fairly obvious tonight

Paranoid Pop
02-08-2013, 10:02 PM

Playing KY and SJax more, our two best perimeter defenders...

Also no weird small ball shit with Green playing the 3, Bonbon and Blair playing 4 & 5 when Baynes is stuck to the bench.

dbestpro
02-08-2013, 10:02 PM

The only good thing a loss tonight does is it gives merit to a major trade, as we are not going to compete for the ring with the turd towers, jax horrible outside shot, Neal's horrible defense and DGreen's poor decisions.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-08-2013, 10:44 PM
The only good thing a loss tonight does is it gives merit to a major trade, as we are not going to compete for the ring with the turd towers, jax horrible outside shot, Neal's horrible defense and DGreen's poor decisions.

No, actually, it doesn't. 2 of our 3 best players didn't play and we were facing an athletic team on the rise.

I'm not saying we don;t need to look at trading some depth for better quality, but we've known that all season, not as a result of this game.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2013, 11:59 PM
The only good thing a loss tonight does is it gives merit to a major trade, as we are not going to compete for the ring with the turd towers, jax horrible outside shot, Neal's horrible defense and DGreen's poor decisions.It's true, we are not going to compete for a ring without Duncan and Manu.

CIA Pop
02-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Enlighten me.

You couldn't figure it out, you fuckin' gnsf noob?

200 miles
02-09-2013, 12:17 AM
While we we're on the subject of enlightenment, just out of curiosity, would anyone be kind enough to explain how one goes from "gnsf" to "bnsf"?

spurraider21
02-09-2013, 12:37 AM
While we we're on the subject of enlightenment, just out of curiosity, would anyone be kind enough to explain how one goes from "gnsf" to "bnsf"?
Slay a dragon :lol

no official way in the form of number of posts/quotes/threads. Be active and reasonably intelligent. The suits will catch on

bluebellmaniac
02-09-2013, 01:28 AM

Thou must drink from the other side of the glass...

mathbzh
02-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Slay a dragon :lol

no official way in the form of number of posts/quotes/threads. Be active and reasonably intelligent. The suits will catch on
Mmmm It doesn't look like being intelligent is required:rolleyes

TJastal
02-09-2013, 02:30 AM
Getting out rebounded by almost 20, yet continuing to go with Bonner/Blair. It wasn't so much about the guards, but we got abused on the interior, and there were no adjustments made.

Boris Diaw was pretty bad all game. But bringing Blair off the bench to play along side him when Splitter went to the bench in the 2nd half? On Wednesday, Baynes was the first big off the bench after halftime, and he did a formidable job on Pek.

Kawhi Leonard had a nice game, but he only played 4 more minutes than Jackson? And the same amount as Neal? He was starting to get into a nice groove

Playing a lineup of Neal/Green/Jax/Blair/Bonner? DeColo only played 5 minutes, but he would be the best ball handler off the bench with no Manu. And it's not like Neal was lights out where we have an excuse to keep him in.

We haven't all seen Pop want to kill long streaks? I understand to a degree why he does it. Just thought it was fairly obvious tonight

These scatterbrained rotations and personnel decisions weren't born out of a need to kill a losing streak (which is in itself moronic), this is simply standard par for the course that we've been witnessing for years from El Poop.

TJastal
02-09-2013, 02:32 AM
Thou must drink from the other side of the glass...

You must also "suck the Pop" from that side of the glass...

McGusto55
02-09-2013, 11:14 AM
No shit bout boards..wat happpened to baynes

bklynspursfan
02-09-2013, 11:20 AM
These scatterbrained rotations and personnel decisions weren't born out of a need to kill a losing streak (which is in itself moronic), this is simply standard par for the course that we've been witnessing for years from El Poop.

I disagree. Wouldn't be surprised if every time they go on another long streak at the 11th or 12th game he does this or "sits" guys. Even if it means sacrificing a loss in the playoffs to keep guys focused.

Especially considering we saw Pop adjust at halftime on Wednesday by bringing Baynes off the bench first in the 2nd half and played DeColo more at the backup PG.

I. Hustle
02-09-2013, 11:52 AM

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001456267/3936341432_she_chose_the_red_pill_answer_1_xlarge. jpeg

Bill_Brasky
02-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Gnsf = people who think we should blow the team up every time we lose, even if Duncan/Manu sit.

ace3g
02-09-2013, 02:52 PM
CIA Pop, something along the lines of this:

M.S. Boyer/J. Valade ‏@PDcavsinsider (https://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider) Just talked to #Nuggets (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Nuggets&src=hash) George Karl, said this time of year "we report fibs and lies" near trade deadline. Said he used 2 try 2 fan flames.

M.S. Boyer/J. Valade ‏@PDcavsinsider (https://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider)
George Karl said he had contest w/coach friends to see who could get false trade rumor in paper 1st. Claims he doesn't do that now.

pgardn
02-09-2013, 03:30 PM

Ask to timvp for a change.

DMC
02-10-2013, 02:05 PM
I don't see the gnsf talk that much any more. CIA Pop is the chessmaster move that no one understands until the end game begins to develop.

Spur|n|Austin
02-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Playing KY and SJax more, our two best perimeter defenders...

Also no weird small ball shit with Green playing the 3, Bonbon and Blair playing 4 & 5 when Baynes is stuck to the bench.

yes, but that would not solve the scoring problem, it was just a bad game shooting wise; I wouldn't chalk that up as a Pop loss. Though not playing Baynes was frustrating.