PDA

View Full Version : Spurs (et al) - Team & Players Salaries

jochhejaam
07-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Here's a good website if you're interested in viewing team and player salaries through each year of their contracts.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

Jelly
07-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Man! Bruce needs a new agent! He's getting shafted :td

Jelly
07-03-2005, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry, but this is really bothering me the more I look at it. Rasho making TWICE as much as Bruce. That's Bullshit. Now I'm getting pissed off. (note to self...must concentrate on own pitiful earnings so as not to get worked up over millionaire Spurs....)

jochhejaam
07-03-2005, 08:48 AM
They don't list Parker's salary...?

Duncan21
07-03-2005, 09:33 AM
bruce needs a pay rise and rasho needs a pay cut

Jelly
07-03-2005, 09:44 AM
They don't list Parker's salary...?

Maybe it's an old table. I think Parker signed his contract last fall and he got about 8 million a year?

puffytaco
07-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Bowen should be making at least as much as Parker and WAY more than Rasho

Kori Ellis
07-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Bowen took less money to make sure they could get Barry, Tony and Manu signed last summer.

Hoopshype hasn't added in the new contracts which start this year. That's why Parker's salary isn't listed yet.

duncan_21
07-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Bowen should be making at least as much as Parker and WAY more than Rasho

Come on, rasho contributes. Who else is gonna keep the bench from flying up in the air.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Bigmen warrant a premium in the NBA. It's still a bigman's league. It wasn't surprising that 3 teams with great frontcourts made it to the conference finals last season. It is because of that reason that I hope the Spurs are willing to pay to maintain the frontcourt depth that they currently enjoy.

Karl Mundt
07-03-2005, 11:17 AM
How much do you think Bowen would get on the open market? I have no idea, but probably less than he is worth to the Spurs and their defensive system. 5-6$ million maybe?

Karl Mundt
07-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Oh and did anyone notice, all the players (except Nazr) are basically playing for less money than they probably could have in one way or another?

Jelly
07-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Oh and did anyone notice, all the players (except Nazr) are basically playing for less money than they probably could have in one way or another?

I don't think Beno could get more than what he's getting. And I think Rasho is seriously overpaid and could not get that anywhere else. All the starters could get more though.

Slomo
07-03-2005, 11:43 AM
I don't think Beno could get more than what he's getting. And I think Rasho is seriously overpaid and could not get that anywhere else. All the starters could get more though.
Beno is a first round pick - the league defines his salary (at least for the first three/four years).

Rasho was offered more $ by Minnessota when he signed with the Spurs.

But all this has been discussed many times and are well known facts - so I don't get it why this thread?

Karl Mundt
07-03-2005, 11:43 AM

I didn't count Beno because he's on a rookie contract and Rasho was offered 48 million over 6 years (basically 6 million more) by the Wolves but chose the Spurs instead. New York was also interested at the time, but i never heard how much they were willing to pay.

Slo spurs fan
07-03-2005, 11:45 AM

Minnessota offered much more to Rasho!

Jelly
07-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Minnessota offered much more to Rasho!

then I stand corrected. But do you think he could get that much now? And do you really think he should be making twice Bruce's salary?

Slo spurs fan
07-03-2005, 11:53 AM
then I stand corrected. But do you think he could get that much now? And do you really think he should be making twice Bruce's salary?

Every big man in this league gets more than smaller players. And it's not Rasho's fault Bruce gets less money. I think Rasho would fit better in non-Duncan team, maybe just becouse he would get other things to do and not just to get out of the Tims' way.

Jelly
07-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Every big man in this league gets more than smaller players. And it's not Rasho's fault Bruce gets less money. I think Rasho would fit better in non-Duncan team, maybe just becouse he would get other things to do and not just to get out of the Tims' way.

I'm not saying it's his fault and I don't have a problem with his salary compared to other NBA players. I do think it's inflated compared to what other Spurs are making. And it bothers me that Bowen took such a small salary to accomodate people like Tony Parker. It seems like all the Spurs accepted less, which is admirable...except for Tony who held out more. not very admirable.

"I think Rasho would fit better in non-Duncan team, maybe just becouse he would get other things to do and not just to get out of the Tims' way."

you may be right. I pesonally like Rasho on the team, but I had no idea he was one of the highest paid, and that changes my perspective a little. If he is going to pull in almost 7 million he should be putting out more. Maybe Pop is preventing him from doing that. I don't know.

Slomo
07-03-2005, 12:07 PM
The comparision with Bruce is unfair, since Bruce did take a pay cut in agreement with the team. So I'm sure the Spurs will take care of him - and I don't have a problem with it, he deserves every penny he gets.

Does Bruce deserves only half of Rasho's salary? Of course not. But I also think Rasho's contract is a fair one.

Karl Mundt
07-03-2005, 12:17 PM
And it bothers me that Bowen took such a small salary to accomodate people like Tony Parker. It seems like all the Spurs accepted less, which is admirable...except for Tony who held out more. not very admirable.

Tony did hold out for those two millions, but if he waited a year till he was unrestricted, i think the general consensus is that he would probably be getting more from some other team.

HB22inSA
07-03-2005, 02:51 PM
I think Tony is a great point guard--at times.

Let's see if he works on his jumper and comes with alot more consistency next year.

His playoff performance--especially the Finals--this year was mediocre, at best.

He's going to have to show that he's a premier point guard that his salary makes him out to be.

If not, well...

jochhejaam
07-03-2005, 02:53 PM
But all this has been discussed many times and are well known facts - so I don't get it why this thread?

No NBA games scheduled for awhile and I believe 'rehashing old issues' was one of the things listed in the thread "100 things to do over the summer" :lol

Horry For 3!
07-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Interesting, Bruce isn't greedy so he took a pay cut. That is nice and good for the team.

Banks91
07-03-2005, 03:16 PM
i dont really care how much each player on the spurs makes compared to the other, but the thing that does get to me is how much shaq has been gettin, and will continue to get.

cmon, Duncan does wat shaq does, which is basically win championships and games, so how come Shaq is the only one in the league who regularly makes around 30mill, while duncan is regularly close to 20 (not right now since his contract just started, but a few years into the contract he will). I kno shaq puts more people in seats then duncan does, but that cant be worth around 10 mill a year more then duncan

Slomo
07-03-2005, 03:48 PM
No NBA games scheduled for awhile and I believe 'rehashing old issues' was one of the things listed in the thread "100 things to do over the summer" :lol
true :lol

It's going to be a long summer!

Carie
07-04-2005, 12:18 AM
I thought KG also made more than Tim.

Timoha
07-04-2005, 12:24 AM
KG made 30,000 this year with endorsmants (Shaq made 41,000 with endormsents) while Tim made 17,000 with endorsments.

The new SI issue has how much the top 50 athletes (paywise) have made with endorsments this yer.