PDA

View Full Version : Manu and Duncan doubtful tonight vs Brooklyn.

DesignatedT
02-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN
Stop us if you've heard this one. Pop says Manu and Duncan are doubtful tonight vs. Nets.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite Morev

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN
Pop indicated there's a chance Duncan and Manu could be out until after All-Star break. "It's a thought."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Dex
02-10-2013, 12:45 PM
"It's a thought."

Pop be trollin.

Boomersgold
02-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Pop, a master of dry humour.

Mel_13
02-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Tim and Manu traveled with team only to avoid substantial damage to Holt's checkbook

loveforthegame
02-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Wish Pop hadn't tanked the Detroit game knowing Manu and Duncan would be out until after the all star break.

The Nets and Bulls will be tough games if he limits Leonard's minutes, ignores Baynes, and rides the turd towers.

GB20
02-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Wish Pop hadn't tanked the Detroit game knowing Manu and Duncan would be out until after the all star break.

The Nets and Bulls will be tough games if he limits Leonard's minutes, ignores Baynes, and rides the turd towers.
the spurs did not tank, they really sucked in that game. I know you love the spurs but we have to give the piston credits.

celldweller
02-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Yea, more Bonner & Blair. Fantastic.:depressed

Brunodf
02-10-2013, 02:40 PM

Me too

roycrikside
02-10-2013, 02:42 PM
This is complete bullshit. I hate when teams lie their asses off about injuries. Manu supposedly just felt a little tightness the last time he played but "did not re-injure" the hamstring. Now he's been out like three games (missed four last time) and looks like he'll miss more with this "non-injury" than the original one. I know hamstrings are stubborn and really easy to re-injure, but just say he re-strained it already.

As for Duncan, I guess it makes more sense to be cautious, but I don't understand why Parker said on his radio show that Manu would miss the first game of the road trip and Duncan only two when it appears both will miss like 5.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2013, 02:42 PM
How massively lucky are we that we're even talking about Duncan as "doubtful" right now? If he's back immediately after the ASB I will be ecstatic.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2013, 02:43 PM
This is complete bullshit. I hate when teams lie their asses off about injuries. Manu supposedly just felt a little tightness the last time he played but "did not re-injure" the hamstring. Now he's been out like three games (missed four last time) and looks like he'll miss more with this "non-injury" than the original one. I know hamstrings are stubborn and really easy to re-injure, but just say he re-strained it already.

As for Duncan, I guess it makes more sense to be cautious, but I don't understand why Parker said on his radio show that Manu would miss the first game of the road trip and Duncan only two when it appears both will miss like 5.

...... we're in 1st in the entire NBA. We have older players who are not 100%. Why the fuck would you want them to play meaningless games in February if they aren't in optimal condition?

spurs10
02-10-2013, 02:50 PM
How massively lucky are we that we're even talking about Duncan as "doubtful" right now? If he's back immediately after the ASB I will be ecstatic.
:toast

timtonymanu
02-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Should Tony sit out one of the B2B games? Of course with a "fake injury" though. Tony's been taking a lot of the load lately and is probably gassed. No need to possibly lose him too if Manu and Duncan aren't even playing until after the all-star break.

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
02-10-2013, 02:57 PM
doesnt matter who's out,
the spurs we do have better beat brooklyn tonight and not come with that sorry ass effort they went to detroit with.

Andthentherewas21
02-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Duncan I can understand. The last thing the spurs want to do is to rush him back with that sprained ankle and risk it slowing him down and following him for the rest of the season and playoffs. The Manu thing is a little more perplexing unless there is something about him and that hamstring they just aren't telling us. If he's going full speed and in shoot-around and practice without any ill-effects, they might as well try to let him get some burn in before the ASB and then allow him to rest during it.

Spur|n|Austin
02-10-2013, 03:05 PM

Agreed.

I do disagree with others in this thread though, who said Pop tanked the Detroit game. That was a flat out beating, we stunk it up

ElNono
02-10-2013, 03:12 PM

They would both play if they were meaningful games. Right now rest/health long-term >>>>> record short term...

BatManu20
02-10-2013, 03:13 PM
doesnt matter who's out,
the spurs we do have better beat brooklyn tonight and not come with that sorry ass effort they went to detroit with.

Detroit played out of their mind.. best shooting game of the season for them. And we still had a chance there at the end.

BatManu20
02-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Agree or disagree: Spurs can't beat OKC in the Finals without home court advantage.

DatBoyGood
02-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Even though Tony is only 30 I hope he doesn't run out of gas with all the load hes carrying with Manu and Tim out

roycrikside
02-10-2013, 03:17 PM
They would both play if they were meaningful games. Right now rest/health long-term >>>>> record short term...

They are meaningful in the sense that the Spurs HAVE to finish with the best record in the league. I don't care what anyone says, what little chance they have of beating OKC/Miami in the playoffs depends on HCA. Those teams are too talented and too good (and get way too much home cooking from the refs) to have to beat on the road. Maybe y'all don't remember Game 6 at OKC, where literally every call in the game went to OKC. Westbrook slammed Leonard's head into the floor and didn't get called for a foul. Manu got called for like two charges in the fourth quarter. They literally could not breathe on Durant without him going to the line. It was a fucking joke. I'd rather not see that again, thank you very much.

ElNono
02-10-2013, 03:26 PM
They are meaningful in the sense that the Spurs HAVE to finish with the best record in the league. I don't care what anyone says, what little chance they have of beating OKC/Miami in the playoffs depends on HCA. Those teams are too talented and too good (and get way too much home cooking from the refs) to have to beat on the road. Maybe y'all don't remember Game 6 at OKC, where literally every call in the game went to OKC. Westbrook slammed Leonard's head into the floor and didn't get called for a foul. Manu got called for like two charges in the fourth quarter. They literally could not breathe on Durant without him going to the line. It was a fucking joke. I'd rather not see that again, thank you very much.

Pop doesn't care.

Pop normally listens to the player, and Manu is definitely a guy that doesn't want to miss games due to conditioning. But in this case it's reoccurring, so I'm sure Pop will err on the side of caution and sit his ass out probably longer than it's needed and against Manu's wishes. We're late enough in the season where recovery time becomes an issue if there's something torn, so it makes sense.

timvp
02-10-2013, 03:48 PM
1. I agree that the Spurs need HCA to have a legit shot at a championship.

2. If I'm Pop, I probably just hold TD and Manu out until after the All-Star break. I know that makes the next three games difficult to win but both of those players are dealing with re-injuries of sorts. TD had a sore knee and then his knee pretzeled. Manu had a hamstring strain and then appeared to strain it slightly again. If either player injures that area again, they'd be out weeks and then things would really get worrisome. Hold 'em out, hope you win at least one of these next three games and then get back to work after the All-Star Game.

02-10-2013, 04:04 PM
holding out ginobili and duncan means parker has to play harder than usual. role players really need to step up or parker will be in trouble himself.

DapDaGenius
02-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Yea, more Bonner & Blair. Fantastic.:depressed

At least Baynes may get some play time.

celldweller
02-10-2013, 04:19 PM
At least Baynes may get some play time.
Yea, that's what I thought last game with Detroit. :rolleyes

Hoops Czar
02-10-2013, 04:29 PM
I wonder what deserving candidate Stern will get to replace Duncan in the all-star game. Surely Pop isn't ignorant enough to hold Duncan out of regular season games and then give him minutes in an overvalued glorified scrimmage. Apparently, Duncan needs his rest and should probably avoid gallivanting around the Toyota center on a bum knee.

TMTTRIO
02-10-2013, 04:30 PM
I don't even know why Manu went on the road trip with the team anyways. I knew he was going to be out at least until after the AS break sometime.

DapDaGenius
02-10-2013, 04:32 PM
holding out ginobili and duncan means parker has to play harder than usual. role players really need to step up or parker will be in trouble himself.

The only people I expect to step up are Kawhi and Danny(3pt shot been good as of late, hopefully he keeps it that way).

DesignatedT
02-10-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure what's going on with Manu and his hamstring but I'm not sure why anyone wants to rush TD back. If he has one shred of doubt about not being completely healthy then he needs to sit.

DapDaGenius
02-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Yea, that's what I thought last game with Detroit. :rolleyes

Yeah, me too. He MAY get some playing time. :lol

BigTex342006
02-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Health is number one, no doubt. However, when Pop pisses away 5-6 games a year, it can come back to haunt us. Spurs had a real good shot at returning to the finals in 08, Pop nanchalanted the regular season, SA finished one game from the best record and ended up the third seed. The path they took was much more difficult than LA's...including a talented new Orleans team that went seven culminating with spending all night on the tarmac. I think they ran out of juice against LA, especially in the all important first game when they couldn't hold the big lead.

This year I would like to see at least one of the top three seeds eliminated before what we hope to be the WCF's. Getting the one seed greatly improves the Spurs chances no doubt. These games may seem inconsequential now, but if we end the season one or two games out and have to go through LA (or Denver), AND OKC... The odds go down...

BackHome
02-10-2013, 04:40 PM
At least Baynes may get some play time.,,:)

ontheraise
02-10-2013, 04:42 PM
hope they don't play until after the all star break, those role player need to play ,step up and show us some bball.

DesignatedT
02-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Baynes should get some time with Lopez out there. Lol at Blair guarding him.

ElNono
02-10-2013, 04:46 PM
I don't even know why Manu went on the road trip with the team anyways. I knew he was going to be out at least until after the AS break sometime.

250,000 reasons

playblair
02-10-2013, 04:47 PM
blair = elite rebounder ............ diaw level passing ........... defense (steals) ...........

blair haters stop the hate ............. bonner is the player who should be receiving the hate .........

LakerHater
02-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Brooklyn by 15!

spursmartyr
02-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Blair sucks ass.

McGusto55
02-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Killed on boards....

benfti
02-10-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm more interested to know if Manu has percured a sport coat

roycrikside
02-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Why even take Tim and Manu on the road trip if you have no intent to play them? Just let em rehab at home and spend time with their families then. Pop is being a stubborn ass as always.

DapDaGenius
02-10-2013, 05:38 PM
blair = elite rebounder ............ diaw level passing ........... defense (steals) ...........

blair haters stop the hate ............. bonner is the player who should be receiving the hate .........

playbaynes not blair

TrainOfThought5
02-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Agree or disagree: Spurs can't beat OKC in the Finals without home court advantage.

Spurs need EVERY possible advantage to beat the Thunderefs.

hater
02-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Too bad Spurs don't have the guts to trade Manu before he reinjures himself

ace3g
02-10-2013, 06:36 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/13189_10151226144881981_666643385_n.jpg

benefactor
02-10-2013, 06:57 PM

DJB
02-10-2013, 07:12 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/13189_10151226144881981_666643385_n.jpg

What's with the Carlos Boozer inspired facial hair?

pgardn
02-10-2013, 07:45 PM

You are rooting for the wrong team then.

Brazil
02-10-2013, 07:52 PM
I say play tp the first half see what's going on if it stinks put him on the bench. Dude is 30 but he is going to start feeling his legs.

td4mvp21
02-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Duncan can sit however long he wants. Ginobili's injuries are just annoying to me at this point because it's every season. Health first, though.

Sean Cagney
02-10-2013, 08:22 PM
This is a loss, wont even bother watching until Manu and Tim come back. No way they win this one tonight.

Mel_13
02-11-2013, 02:14 AM
This is a loss, wont even bother watching until Manu and Tim come back. No way they win this one tonight.

You missed a really good game and a remarkable performance by Tony.

ElNono
02-11-2013, 02:19 AM
You missed a really good game and a remarkable performance by Tony.

Did you go?

Mel_13
02-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Did you go?

No. I've been back in San Antonio for a couple of weeks. Unless the NY, Brooklyn, Philly games fall closer together on the calendar, it will just be one Spurs road game per year for me.

Bruno
02-11-2013, 04:57 AM
Even if both were healthy enough to play, Pop certainly didn't want to see them coming back to play a b2b.

007nites
02-11-2013, 05:44 AM

Those are some sharp lines on that beard. Timmy must be using Boozer's barber.

ego
02-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Brooklyn by 15!

+15=-25 ??? There is a mistake somewhere ...

ego
02-11-2013, 05:56 AM
No way they win this one tonight.
Never say no way ! :toast

Warlord23
02-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Hopefully TD and Manu can play vs the Bulls. The Bulls bigs (Boozer/Noah/Gibson) plus a good rebounding SF (Deng) on 2 days of rest will manhandle the Spurs on the boards without Duncan.

temujin
02-11-2013, 07:28 AM

Disagree.
Can't beat OKC with or without HCA, as long as Joey Crawford/Bill Kennedy AND Durant are playing.

kaji157
02-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Hopefully TD and Manu can play vs the Bulls. The Bulls bigs (Boozer/Noah/Gibson) plus a good rebounding SF (Deng) on 2 days of rest will manhandle the Spurs on the boards without Duncan.

I don´t think they´ll play, this seeems to me like a fuck you stern move. IF the Spurs can make Ginobili and Duncan stay out of the court for 2 months or so without hurting their chances of getting the 1st seed they´ll do it.
They know that if they have this duo rested OKC has no chance against them even with weak officialiting.

I see no sense in playing them if they can ride TP untill the allstar break. Tony can get "injuried" at anytime once Manu returns making Manu more of a focal point on offense so he can regain his rythm soon and giving Parker some time to rest.

The Spurs tried to play it fair and the NBA fined them, so now they are playing as everyone does, faking injuries and maximizing recovery time.

Take that Stern.

Sean Cagney
02-12-2013, 01:30 AM
Never say no way ! :toast

Well it was very bleak as it was vs CHI tongiht with so many out but they went out and did it! Thing is before hand would you bet on it? I would not lol. I love being wrong this time.

ego
02-12-2013, 02:51 AM
I love being wrong this time.
And I love being right this time ! I think Pop must be actually very happy because these wins are important for forming the group with the young players.

Sean Cagney
02-12-2013, 02:54 AM
And I love being right this time ! I think Pop must be actually very happy because these wins are important for forming the group with the young players.

Indeed! True. Lets hope our Spurs can do it this year, they look better than years past right now! They look better than last year IMO, honestly.