PDA

View Full Version : Race to #1 Seed, San Antonio or Oklahoma City?

Pages : [1] 2 3

cd021
02-10-2013, 01:25 PM
All winning percentages self compiled, and are accurate as of 1:00pm ,eastern time, 2/10/13
The Spurs are currently 1/2 ahead of the Thunder for the best record in the west, and the NBA.

San Antonio Spurs
31 Remaining Games
(17 Home, 14 Away)

18 Games against teams +.500, 9 games on the road.

@Brooklyn (.667 home winning percentage)
@Chicago (.575 home winning percentage)
@Los Angeles Clippers (.800 home winning percentage)
@Golden State (.727 home winning percentage)
Portland (.320 road winning percentage)
Chicago (.625 road winning percentage)
Oklahoma City (.625 road winning percentage)
Golden State (.500 road winning percentage)
Utah-(.346 road winning percentage)
@Houston (.384 home winning percentage)
Denver (.423 road winning percentage)
Los Angeles Clippers (.555 road winning percentage)
Miami (.521 road winning percentage)
@Memphis (.703 home winning percentage)
@ Oklahoma City (.884 home winning percentage)
Atlanta-(.434 road winning percentage)
@Denver (.880 home winning percentage)
@ Golden State (.727 home winning percentage)

Oklahoma City Thunder
32 Remaining Games
(15 Home, 17 Away)
19 Games against teams +.500, 11 games on the road.

@Utah (.760 home winning percentage)
Miami (.521 road winning percentage)
@Houston (.384 home winning percentage)
Chicago (.625 road winning percentage)
@Denver (.880 home winning percentage)
@LAC, (.800 home winning percentage)
@New York (.760 home winning percentage)
Boston (.366 road winning percentage)
@San Antonio (91.6 home winning percentage)
Utah (.346 road winning percentage)
Denver (.423 road winning percentage)
@Memphis (.703 home winning percentage)
Portland (.320 road winning percentage)
Milwaukee-(.480 road winning percentage)
San Antonio (.629 road winning percentage)
@Indiana (.833 home winning percentage)
New York (.565 road winning percentage)
@Utah (.760 home winning percentage)
@Golden State (.727 home winning percentage)
@Portland (.680 home winning percentage)

Who has the easier schedule?

San Antonio, has a large amount of home games in the final 24 games of the season (17) where they have the best record in the league this season.

Oklahoma City has one of the tougher stretches of any team this season. From March 1st through March 13th, they play 8 games in 12 days. Including a pair of back to backs @ Ny & @ Charlotte and before returning home to play the Celtics on the 10th and the traveling to the Spurs on the back half of a back to back on the 11th. In that stretch , of the 8 teams they will face,6 are above .500.

Advantage-Spurs

Vs. +.500 teams
Oklahoma City- .666 winning percentage
San Antonio-64.2 winning percentage

The Spurs have played 4 more games and have an 18-10 mark in those games, the Thunder are 16-8.

Advantage Spurs

Health-The Spurs have had a multitude of injuries this season. Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Stephen Jackson, & Kawhi Leonard all have missed at least 6 games this season

The Thunder have been, for the most part healthy this season.

Advantage-Thunder

Head to Head Match-ups

The 2 teams have split their two meeting this season. They play two more games one in San Antonio & the other in Oklahoma City. If they were to tie for the best record and also tie the season series, the Spurs could possibly have the advantage in terms of conference record. The Spurs are 22-8 while the Thunder are 26-6.

Advantage-T.B.D

spurraider21
02-10-2013, 01:46 PM
i think health is the biggest factor tbh. a hobbled san antonio could lose to detroit if a couple of things go wrong, even with TP having a phenomenal game. if timmy and manu get back sooner rather than later i like our chances though

BatManu20
02-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Spurs need home court advantage if they are to have a legitimate shot at winning a title this year. No way we can beat OKC in a 7 game series if they have HCA imo.

spurs10
02-10-2013, 03:24 PM
On paper the Spurs seem to have the edge, but anything can happen. The idea we have done as well as we have, with so many injuries, is a good sign. Been riding Tony pretty hard, but he seems to be in great shape.
:flag:
As far as the end of the season standings go, " It's very far away, takes about a half a day to get there....if you travel by... a dragonfly."

spursmartyr
02-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Also, it goes by conference records, NOT division records, if the Spurs and Thunder are to tie at the end of the season with a 2-2 head to head record, since the Spurs and Thunder are in differing divisions. Which is why a loss to the Pistons, while not ideal, doesn't kill us THAT much.

cd021
02-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Also, it goes by conference records, NOT division records, if the Spurs and Thunder are to tie at the end of the season with a 2-2 head to head record, since the Spurs and Thunder are in differing divisions. Which is why a loss to the Pistons, while not ideal, doesn't kill us THAT much.

i forgot about that, I'll fix it thanks.

Seventyniner
02-10-2013, 04:25 PM
If the Spurs are within a game of OC after the RRT, the Spurs will run away with #1 barring significant injuries.

therealtruth
02-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Spurs need home court advantage if they are to have a legitimate shot at winning a title this year. No way we can beat OKC in a 7 game series if they have HCA imo.

If the Spurs are not good enough to win on the road in the playoffs they're not good enough to win a title. Also when you're a good team you're not measuring yourself against your schedule but against your own internal improvement.

cd021
02-10-2013, 08:07 PM
If the Spurs are not good enough to win on the road in the playoffs they're not good enough to win a title. Also when you're a good team you're not measuring yourself against your schedule but against your own internal improvement.

OKC is the 2nd best home team in the league. The are more talented at the top and Westbrook and Durant are fully capable of playing the entire game. We need every edge we can get. Home court is a big deal and even if we have it, it doesn't mean that we won't have to win tough road games.

cd021
02-10-2013, 08:08 PM
On paper the Spurs seem to have the edge, but anything can happen. The idea we have done as well as we have, with so many injuries, is a good sign. Been riding Tony pretty hard, but he seems to be in great shape.
:flag:
As far as the end of the season standings go, " It's very far away, takes about a half a day to get there....if you travel by... a dragonfly."

I like your style

Johnny RIngo
02-10-2013, 08:39 PM
OKC's got's this pretty easily. Their core of players are iron men - never miss a damn game, able to play 40 mins a night if needed. It's the sad reality of being a fan of an aging squad.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-10-2013, 10:12 PM
I don't like going to OKC for a series. But the path to the finals is easier as the 2nd seed. Not sure what to think tbh. But I would rather not have to clash with the Clippers, then OKC.

cd021
02-10-2013, 11:35 PM
OKC's got's this pretty easily. Their core of players are iron men - never miss a damn game, able to play 40 mins a night if needed. It's the sad reality of being a fan of an aging squad.

I'm not sure its going to be that easy 20 of their final 32 games are against +.500 teams and half of those are on the road take note in the home winning percentage of the teams they have to play on the road. All 11 teams win at least 65% of their home games. Add in the off nights they might have against teams i didn't list (like the Cleveland game) and the spurs have a 60% of getting the #1 seed imo.

cd021
02-10-2013, 11:37 PM
I don't like going to OKC for a series. But the path to the finals is easier as the 2nd seed. Not sure what to think tbh. But I would rather not have to clash with the Clippers, then OKC.

if the spurs get #1
1st-Utah
2nd-Denver
WFC-OKC/Clippers

if the spurs get #1
1st-Houston
2nd-Clippers
WFC-OKC/Memphis

Imo I would like door #1.

JRHernandez88
02-11-2013, 12:34 AM
SAN ANTONIO

spurs10
02-11-2013, 01:20 AM
I like your style
Tony must have been listening to Jimi tonight because he was playing like he was from another planet... :toast

cd021
02-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Tony must have been listening to Jimi tonight because he was playing like he was from another planet... :toast

That was beautiful basketball 29pts, 11 asts, 0 T.O's its ridiculous that he scored or assisted roughly 54 points or 48% of our offense. He is making last seasons tony, look bad.

8FOR!3
02-11-2013, 09:30 AM
I think the Spurs are too good this year for OKC (or anybody for that matter.)

Yeah, when two of their 3 best players are hurt they're going to have a bad game every once in a while like they did against Detroit. But they also came back from being down 10 in the first quarter against one of the best teams in the East and beat them by 25 with just Parker. Not to mention how stupid some of our lineups were in that game. Nando de Colo, Patty Mills, and Gary Neal on the floor at the same time...

Mel_13
02-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Not to mention how stupid some of our lineups were in that game. Nando de Colo, Patty Mills, and Gary Neal on the floor at the same time...

That lineup was just fine for the last three minutes of a game that the team was leading by 23 points.

rascal
02-11-2013, 10:46 AM
People are still concerned with the number 1 seed after the last two years.

Mel_13
02-11-2013, 11:04 AM
People are still concerned with the number 1 seed after the last two years.

:rolleyes

Not everyone is in a rush for the Spurs to become a lottery team.

rascal
02-11-2013, 11:06 AM
How do you block a poster? I want to block Mel_13.
This asshole feels the need to follow me around in here.

Mel_13
02-11-2013, 11:10 AM
How do you block a poster? I want to block Mel_13.
This asshole feels the need to follow me around in here.

1. :sleep

2. You've been posting here for years and don't know how to put someone on ignore? Add that to the list of things you suck at.

3. :lol @ following you around. If you post, you invite a comment. If you don't want people to comment on your relentlessly pessimistic, craptastic posts, then don't post. Otherwise, STFU or ignore it. Crying about it just enforces your image as a loser.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
:lol rascal with the bads per par

Amuseddaysleeper
02-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Spurs desperately need HCA when you factor in that the series they did lose in the past 5 years all ended where the Spurs didn't win a single road game.

08: Lakers (0-3 in road games for that series)
09: Mavs (0-2)
10: Suns (0-2)
11: Grizzlies (0-3)
12: Thunder (0-3)

It's gonna be tough.

Mugen
02-11-2013, 11:57 AM
2. You've been posting here for years and don't know how to put someone on ignore? Add that to the list of things you suck at.

:lol

therealtruth
02-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Spurs desperately need HCA when you factor in that the series they did lose in the past 5 years all ended where the Spurs didn't win a single road game.

08: Lakers (0-3 in road games for that series)
09: Mavs (0-2)
10: Suns (0-2)
11: Grizzlies (0-3)
12: Thunder (0-3)

It's gonna be tough.

Isn't the solution getting better on the road. The reason the Spurs have been so bad on the road is their defense hasn't been that great. That's the only way you give yourself a chance to win a road game in the playoffs. Not by trying to outscore the home team.

mercos
02-11-2013, 08:24 PM
If healthy, the Spurs have the advantage with a home heavy final stretch. Hopefully we are getting our injury problems out of the way early like last year and finish strong.

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Spurs will snatch up the #1 spot as long as they play as consistent as they did tonight.

SpursIndonesia
02-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Isn't the solution getting better on the road. The reason the Spurs have been so bad on the road is their defense hasn't been that great. That's the only way you give yourself a chance to win a road game in the playoffs. Not by trying to outscore the home team.

Great defense CAN'T beat strong team + fantastic superstar equipped with FT food stamps + refs home cooking. I'd rather get the home court advantage, thank you.

MajorMike
02-14-2013, 09:14 PM
One factor you aren't considering...

Which coach is more likely to rest his stars the last week of the season?

cd021
02-14-2013, 10:09 PM

We beat two +500 teams on the road with out Duncan or Manu. The Bulls game had no big 3 and Jackson against a top 5 defense. I think its safe to say we should be alright without the big 3 in the final week if Pop decides to just rest all 3 across the board.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-14-2013, 10:09 PM

Pop knows we need the one seed, and we will get it, barring injury

exstatic
02-14-2013, 10:10 PM
OKC seems to be cracking. They are getting absolutely buttfucked by Miami tonight. I'm wondering if they are starting to see the Heat as unbeatable. Miami is a horrible matchup for them. They are as athletic, or perhaps more athletic than OKC, AND they are better basketball players.

cd021
02-14-2013, 10:14 PM

Its not like most of those games were blowouts. The Spuns series was fairly competitive on the road. The Mavs series didn't have Manu and Duncan Parker looked gassed for entire 2nd halfs of games. We were a top 10 defense last year and still lost in the WFC. We were however, 2-0 at Utah generally a great home team. Also went 2-0 vs.The Clippers including a massive comeback in game 3.

cd021
02-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Going into all star break with 2 game lead over the Thunder and a 4 or 5 game lead over the Clips? I take it.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Going into all star break with 2 game lead over the Thunder and a 4 or 5 game lead over the Clips? I take it.

Clips are now irrelevant. They are not gonna get the 1/2 seed. The 3 seed is their roof. This is a two horse race for the #1 seed and the spurs have the definite edge

td4mvp2k
02-15-2013, 12:00 AM
We beat two +500 teams on the road with out Duncan or Manu. The Bulls game had no big 3 and Jackson against a top 5 defense. I think its safe to say we should be alright without the big 3 in the final week if Pop decides to just rest all 3 across the board.

KL has alot to do with that.

jestersmash
02-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Clips are now irrelevant. They are not gonna get the 1/2 seed. The 3 seed is their roof. This is a two horse race for the #1 seed and the spurs have the definite edge

Prove it.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-15-2013, 01:21 AM
Prove it.

Can't prove it, but there is just a feel about that team that they are not that serious of contenders... And they are way back of us in the standings, barring a collapse from us or the thunder, they wont pass either team. They are not a legit contender, they are a potential playoff spoiler with 0 shot at winning a title this season

tim_duncan_fan
02-15-2013, 01:34 AM
It doesn't matter. Either we'll be good enough that we can win a road series or we won't.

Champions don't need homecourt advantage. Gotta learn to get defensive stops on the road or take your ass home and that's the way things should be.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-15-2013, 01:38 AM
It doesn't matter. Either we'll be good enough that we can win a road series or we won't.

Champions don't need homecourt advantage. Gotta learn to get defensive stops on the road or take your ass home and that's the way things should be.

We have not won an NBA finals series without homecourt and it was definitely huge vs the pistons in 05 so I think you are wrong. If pistons had homecourt we may very well have lost. Homecourt is huge, especially for an aging team like ours. No homecourt advantage= no title

jestersmash
02-15-2013, 02:43 AM
Can't prove it, but there is just a feel about that team that they are not that serious of contenders... And they are way back of us in the standings, barring a collapse from us or the thunder, they wont pass either team. They are not a legit contender, they are a potential playoff spoiler with 0 shot at winning a title this season

They just got Chris Paul back from injury a couple of games ago (and they're 4-1 since he's been back). They were on a tear before he went down. I think it's a little premature to say they aren't in the running for the 1 seed.

Have we even beaten them this season? What makes you so confident that they wont' get past us? They're clearly a different team from last year, if only in added experience.

BatManu20
02-15-2013, 03:05 AM

It matters a lot actually. This isn't a "bottom line" thing. If the Spurs don't have home court advantage, we're not beating teams like OKC and MIA in a 7 game series. It's that simple.

jestersmash
02-15-2013, 03:57 AM
It matters a lot actually. This isn't a "bottom line" thing. If the Spurs don't have home court advantage, we're not beating teams like OKC and MIA in a 7 game series. It's that simple.

Having fair and impartial reffing is probably more important than home court against OKC. The only way we can beat OKC is if the refs call the game fairly or if we hit an absurdly high percentage from 3 (like going 12-20 or something). Neither is likely to happen so I'm not holding my breath.

spurraider21
02-15-2013, 04:03 AM
i like the cushion but its not like our schedule is hunky dory. its a lot of home games, and while we are DAMN good at home, we have a LOT of tough opponents in that home stretch

Fireball
02-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Having fair and impartial reffing is probably more important than home court against OKC. The only way we can beat OKC is if the refs call the game fairly or if we hit an absurdly high percentage from 3 (like going 12-20 or something). Neither is likely to happen so I'm not holding my breath.

Impartial reffing has much to do with home court as refs seem to act more in favor of the home team ... Spurs will get less calls in OKC or Miami or L.A.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-15-2013, 11:03 AM
They just got Chris Paul back from injury a couple of games ago (and they're 4-1 since he's been back). They were on a tear before he went down. I think it's a little premature to say they aren't in the running for the 1 seed.

Have we even beaten them this season? What makes you so confident that they wont' get past us? They're clearly a different team from last year, if only in added experience.

They are not in the running for the one seed. Sorry. And we wont be playing them cuz we will get the one seed. The only way we see them is in the WCF and Im not scared of a team that has shitty free throw shooting and an unreliable offense come playoff time

xellos88330
02-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Another thing to consider is that OKC has played more games vs. the West than the Spurs have.

cd021
02-15-2013, 07:17 PM

The Spurs had an 8 game lead evaporate to 2 games with a unprecedented 6 game losing streak. The 10-11 season with the Lakers as a 2 seed. Clearly you're wrong about that, with the Clippers 4 games back with 2 games remaining against the Spurs.

cd021
02-15-2013, 07:19 PM

I don't recall many 5-8 seeds making it to far in the post season. Maybe home court could have helped some.

cd021
02-15-2013, 07:22 PM

I can't put stock in a team that has Griffin, Jordan, Hollins and Odom as a big man rotation. Only Odom can consistently space the floor but his having another horrid season. Griffin & Jordan still struggle with shooting FT's. They're about as much as a contender as the Grizzlies, which is not so much.

cd021
02-15-2013, 07:23 PM
The only way we see them is in the WCF and Im not scared of a team that has shitty free throw shooting and an unreliable offense come playoff time

This.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-15-2013, 07:40 PM
The Spurs had an 8 game lead evaporate to 2 games with a unprecedented 6 game losing streak. The 10-11 season with the Lakers as a 2 seed. Clearly you're wrong about that, with the Clippers 4 games back with 2 games remaining against the Spurs.

Im saying they wont though, its an opinion. The clippers arent good enough to play 4 loss ball for the remainder of the schedule imo. And we are too good to play 10 loss ball so it doesnt matter. And we wont lose six straight lol. Book it

therealtruth
02-15-2013, 08:00 PM
We have not won an NBA finals series without homecourt and it was definitely huge vs the pistons in 05 so I think you are wrong. If pistons had homecourt we may very well have lost. Homecourt is huge, especially for an aging team like ours. No homecourt advantage= no title

I doubt that. The Spurs probably wouldn't have won that year if they couldn't win on the road. Yet they did win on the road in game 5. Which emphasize my point that you're not going to win a championship if you can't win on the road. If you can't win on the road there's a good chance the other team will be able to and then there goes your homecourt advantage.

cd021
02-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Im saying they wont though, its an opinion. The clippers arent good enough to play 4 loss ball for the remainder of the schedule imo. And we are too good to play 10 loss ball so it doesnt matter. And we wont lose six straight lol. Book it

The point was that their is precedent because it happened 2 seasons ago, when we won 61 games. The Clippers are much closer than the Lakers were and have two games remaining against us. Its foolish to discount them. The Thunder have a difficult coming in march The Clippers could slide into the #2 seed fairly easily.

cd021
02-15-2013, 08:09 PM
I doubt that. The Spurs probably wouldn't have won that year if they couldn't win on the road. Yet they did win on the road in game 5. Which emphasize my point that you're not going to win a championship if you can't win on the road. If you can't win on the road there's a good chance the other team will be able to and then there goes your homecourt advantage.

We were also 3-0 ,on the road, against the team with the best home record (and overall record) in the WCF.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-15-2013, 08:19 PM
The point was that their is precedent because it happened 2 seasons ago, when we won 61 games. The Clippers are much closer than the Lakers were and have two games remaining against us. Its foolish to discount them. The Thunder have a difficult coming in march The Clippers could slide into the #2 seed fairly easily.

We had a six game losing streak that season? Wow, if true

Spurs 4 The Win
02-15-2013, 08:22 PM

They won because of homecourt that season (2005) and we have to have it this season. You are delusional if you think we will can take two on the road against OKC or Miami, because they will certainly beat us once at home.

cd021
02-15-2013, 08:44 PM
We had a six game losing streak that season? Wow, if true

Duncan rolled his ankle against GSW. Missed 4 games. We also lost because of a alley oop from Batum in Portland and horrid late game executionin Houston. That got pop the most angry i've ever seen him (slamming his play board on the court in disgust. Rondo also hit like 8 jumpers in a home loss vs Boston. It was a dark time in Spursnation. The Nuggets also ran us out of the gym in Denver.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Duncan rolled his ankle against GSW. Missed 4 games. We also lost because of a alley oop from Batum in Portland and horrid late game executionin Houston. That got pop the most angry i've ever seen him (slamming his play board on the court in disgust. Rondo also hit like 8 jumpers in a home loss vs Boston. It was a dark time in Spursnation. The Nuggets also ran us out of the gym in Denver.

I guess I suppressed those memories lol

TJastal
02-16-2013, 12:19 AM
I don't really now. But what I'm sure is that OKC doesn't look as scary as before

Good god no. Kevin Martin is not in the same league as Harden as an impact player. Harden was the OKC version of Manu in his prime.

racm
02-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Good god no. Kevin Martin is not in the same league as Harden as an impact player. Harden was the OKC version of Manu in his prime.

Kevin Martin is a more efficient Stackhouse tbh... :lol

therealtruth
02-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Manu in his prime co-carried the Spurs to a ring in 2005 and was the real MVP of that season's finals. Last year Harden choked in the finals

Manu at best was co-MVP.

DesignatedT
02-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Manu in his prime co-carried the Spurs to a ring in 2005 and was the real MVP of that season's finals. Last year Harden choked in the finals

Nobody said Harden > Prime Ginobili. Harden coming off the bench in OKC was about as close as you can get though. Martin isn't near the player Harden is. That's what the point was.

rmt
02-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Spurs need HCA and every advantage they can muster (calls more likely to go their way at home). Duncan and Manu are old - they'll wear down as the playoffs go deeper and they're playing more minutes than the RG. It is essential that OKC/LAC battle it out before meeting SAS. Don't think SAS can beat both in successive series. Hopefully LAC doesn't slip down to 4 - they are hella deep and their bench has outscored ours (not usually the case). Even if they make it to the Finals, MIA will go small with Lebron at PF and take Splitter out of the picture (except as a backup for TD). They'll probably put Lebron on TP too and throw SAS' offense all out of whack.

I'll pray for NYC (too old) or IND (too young) to take them out - VERY UNLIKELY.

therealtruth
02-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Spurs need HCA and every advantage they can muster (calls more likely to go their way at home). Duncan and Manu are old - they'll wear down as the playoffs go deeper and they're playing more minutes than the RG. It is essential that OKC/LAC battle it out before meeting SAS. Don't think SAS can beat both in successive series. Hopefully LAC doesn't slip down to 4 - they are hella deep and their bench has outscored ours (not usually the case). Even if they make it to the Finals, MIA will go small with Lebron at PF and take Splitter out of the picture (except as a backup for TD). They'll probably put Lebron on TP too and throw SAS' offense all out of whack.

I'll pray for NYC (too old) or IND (too young) to take them out - VERY UNLIKELY.

LAC is going to run into the same problem we did. Depth is less effective in the playoffs. The Spurs really need to get the majority of minutes out of their top 8 and get them playing well.

cd021
02-17-2013, 04:23 PM
LAC is going to run into the same problem we did. Depth is less effective in the playoffs. The Spurs really need to get the majority of minutes out of their top 8 and get them playing well.

Who is the last 3?

Jackson
Diaw
Neal
De Colo

I think we would at least go 4 deep off the bench, We normally play 10 or 11 in a game which is surprisingly high.

spurraider21
02-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Looking better and better

Man In Black
02-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Durant 13 FGA
Westbrook 20 FGA

Exactly...in 4th quarter situations LAST YEAR, OKC thrived with Harden as main playmaker and Westbrook off the ball. The fact that some press has reported that Eric Maynor is on the block means that they don't have a capable playmaker like they did when Harden was around. I have been saying that last year is last year. This year, OKC is different. The real battle will be against the Clippers and then the Heat.

racm
02-21-2013, 02:03 AM
Real contenders also don't lose 3 in a row.

bklynspursfan
02-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Totally didn't notice this and maybe someone pointed this out, but every single game against OKC is on a B2B this year :lol Either the first or 2nd game... How ironic

cd021
02-24-2013, 09:43 PM
45-13 baring THE Suns getting back into its. 24 games remaining with a 3 game cushion and only 1 team legitimately standing in our way of having the best record in the league outright (last 2 seasons Bulls got it).

SpursIndonesia
02-24-2013, 10:54 PM
At the moment, the Heat seems to be the more menacing competitor for that ultimate home advantage in the playoffs, hopefully they will blow most of their wad now and flatlining into the playoffs (imagining that LeBron still has a few gears to rev up to is such a horrible thought to linger on).

racm
02-24-2013, 11:02 PM
At the moment, the Heat seems to be the more menacing competitor for that ultimate home advantage in the playoffs, hopefully they will blow most of their wad now and flatlining into the playoffs (imagining that LeBron still has a few gears to rev up to is such a horrible thought to linger on).

Their schedule in terms of home/road splits and number of b2bs will get tougher, while the Spurs get 17 of their last 24 at the AT&T.

SpursIndonesia
02-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Their schedule in terms of home/road splits and number of b2bs will get tougher, while the Spurs get 17 of their last 24 at the AT&T.

Yeah correct, though our season ending home heavy schedule will feature a lot of games against title contenders & playoff aspirants, especially the last 8-10 games. IIRC.

cd021
03-01-2013, 11:15 PM
These next 13 days will be the deciding factor in who gets the #1 seed in the west & NBA

@ Denver-Denver has been red hot as of late and almost unbeatable at home this season. Lawson has quietly put together a ridiculous last 2 weeks of February averaging more than 24pts per game. Denver has the 2nd best home winning percentage ,after Miami, and is 24-3 in Denver.

@ LAC -After getting blown out at home against our Spurs they've won 4 straight and have the 2nd best record in their last 10 games. They are 23-6 at home and are 27-10 vs other west teams. They could get back into the race for the #1 seed by beating the Thunder, who is 1 game ahead of them entering the Denver game tonight. They could leapfrog OKC with a Denver win and by beating them in L.A.

LAL-The Lakers have been playing much better as of late 12-5 in their last 17 games (70%, compared to their overall win percentage of 49%) They need to play well against winning teams heading to the stretch run where they are 2 1/2 back of the Rockets & Jazz for the 8th seed. Believe it or not they are still a legit threat for the Warriors 6th spot they are only 4 games back with the Warriors in the midst of a massive slide.

@Knicks-

@ Charlotte-Play them tought Charlotte...please?

Boston

@ SAS-Almost certainly without Parker. Anyone want to bet Neal starts and takes 20 shots?

Jazz-

cd021
03-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Parker's injury definitely affects the #1 seed, with Neal hampered and Jackson injured ankle. The Spurs need to win out heading into the March 11th game against the Thunder and hope that Denver goes no better than 4-2 while we go 4-0 heading to the head to head match up which could significantly effect our chances in the post season.

Budkin
03-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Ty Lawson just gave us a little more breathing room.

cd021
03-02-2013, 02:18 AM
Spurs loss to the Suns not as costly as it could have been, back up by 3 games with the next 3 games very winnable without T.P.

cd021
03-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Anyone notice GSW's free fall they are dangerously close to missing the playoffs all together.

chapnis
03-03-2013, 03:03 AM
Anyone notice GSW's free fall they are dangerously close to missing the playoffs all together.

Yeah, only one of the Jazz, Rocket and Warriors need to fail and the Lakers sneak in

Sean Cagney
03-03-2013, 03:06 AM
Spurs loss to the Suns not as costly as it could have been, back up by 3 games with the next 3 games very winnable without T.P.

That loss was just stupid, no reason in hell to miss that FT at the end, and if you miss it with no TO why not cover down court? Good lord what a stupid ass loss and one that could hurt us in the end.

DesignatedT
03-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Some help from the Clips would be nice today.

cd021
03-03-2013, 02:30 PM

They should take this game even more seriously considering what happened the last time they played an elite team at home.

cd021
03-03-2013, 02:32 PM
That loss was just stupid, no reason in hell to miss that FT at the end, and if you miss it with no TO why not cover down court? Good lord what a stupid ass loss and one that could hurt us in the end.

I didn't say it wasn't a bad loss. It just didn't cost us in the short term with OKC getting beat by Ty Lawson. We are still up 3 games with 22 games to go. It could be a hell of a lot worse. I can't tell you how many "experts" picked us to finish 4th or even 5th in the west.

cd021
03-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah, only one of the Jazz, Rocket and Warriors need to fail and the Lakers sneak in

I think GSW has lost something like 11 of their last 14 games. They really are gonna screw up the advance scouting with the Spurs having to watch out for 4 teams. Best case scenario, they fall to 7th or stay at 6th and face the Clippers in the 1st round. They have a real shot of being them IMO.

BatManu20
03-03-2013, 02:36 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath.

BatManu20
03-03-2013, 02:41 PM
We play OKC, Denver, LAC, and Miami all while Parker's out. I don't see those games going very well for us tbh.

Sean Cagney
03-03-2013, 09:35 PM
I didn't say it wasn't a bad loss. It just didn't cost us in the short term with OKC getting beat by Ty Lawson. We are still up 3 games with 22 games to go. It could be a hell of a lot worse. I can't tell you how many "experts" picked us to finish 4th or even 5th in the west.

I agree.

cd021
03-03-2013, 10:18 PM
We play OKC, Denver, LAC, and Miami all while Parker's out. I don't see those games going very well for us tbh.

2-2 would be nice but...

Maybe me start moving the ball like the C's, we have much better passers than they've got.

cd021
03-03-2013, 10:23 PM
I starting to think that the Clippers are just another playoff team. Punked by GSW 3 times. Lost to OKC twice, Spurs pound them at home on national TV.

Then again any coach can tell you that having only a couple of slashers two bigs who couldn't hit the side of a barn (when shooting Freethrows) their X factor being a player who in two seasons removed from being an productive NBA player. A coach with simplistic play calling. And a point guard who seems to have trouble containing the PG's supposedly ranked behind him.

cd021
03-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Bill Simmons comments after the Thunder game-

"And Parkers' out for the spurs, OKCs gonna win the 1 seed and will meet Miami again in the Finals unless they get upset"

OKC still is remains unlikely to win the 1 seed. 3 game lead with 21 left to go and a home heavy schedule with the deepest roster in the NBA. OKC tough road heavy (11 Away/8 Home)

Splitter, Leonard, & Green drastic improvements should help make any series against them a pretty even going in.

DesignatedT
03-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Lakers @ OKC on Tuesday.

spurs10
03-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Bill Simmons comments after the Thunder game-

"And Parkers' out for the spurs, OKCs gonna win the 1 seed and will meet Miami again in the Finals unless they get upset"

OKC still is remains unlikely to win the 1 seed. 3 game lead with 21 left to go and a home heavy schedule with the deepest roster in the NBA. OKC tough road heavy (11 Away/8 Home)

Splitter, Leonard, & Green drastic improvements should help make any series against them a pretty even going in.
Simmons is over reacting in my opinion to OKC closing out the Clips readily. Clippers were in it until the last minute. Ibaka should have been tossed and that was the difference probably.

cd021
03-04-2013, 01:26 AM
Simmons is over reacting in my opinion to OKC closing out the Clips readily. Clippers were in it until the last minute. Ibaka should have been tossed and that was the difference probably.

Simmons in general seems like he doesn't know what he is talking about. Clippers could still take the 2 seed but that loss is a bad one. Ibaka proved that he really isn't about this life :blah. Hitting another man in the man zone in just wrong. He really should be suspended for it.

racm
03-04-2013, 08:02 AM
OKC has a tougher schedule and more road games this month IIRC.

Seventyniner
03-04-2013, 09:24 AM
It's going to be a very tight race. The Spurs have two fewer losses and the easier schedule but are missing their best player, so it kind of evens out. Winning one of the two remaining games vs OC is crucial for the Spurs.

therealtruth
03-04-2013, 09:43 AM
The Spurs may experience the Ewing or Rondo effect. Basically when you take a ball dominant player of the team the team becomes more dangerous because everyone becomes more of a threat. The danger with Parker being the head of the snake is that when you stop him you stop the whole team.

cd021
03-04-2013, 06:07 PM
It's going to be a very tight race. The Spurs have two fewer losses and the easier schedule but are missing their best player, so it kind of evens out. Winning one of the two remaining games vs OC is crucial for the Spurs.

I think that winning 2 of the four vs Miami, OKC, Memphis & Clippers would go along way to securing the 1 seed. I think we play 13 games if we win 2 of those four games we could conceivably go something like 11-2 or 10-3. Unless OKC rips off 12 straight (unlikely) we should still have the #1 seed if we win at least 2 of those four games.

cd021
03-05-2013, 10:38 PM
It would be nice if the Lakers could actually beat OKC...It would be nice.

spurs10
03-06-2013, 02:10 AM
It would be nice if the Lakers could actually beat OKC...It would be nice.
Clippers might have had a better chance had Ibaka been tossed. Same with the Lakers. Apparently a punch to the nuts is okay if you play for the Thunder!
:ihit
.....it really helped a lot making it a flagrant 2 AFTER THE GAME WAS OVER!!

cd021
03-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Clippers might have had a better chance had Ibaka been tossed. Same with the Lakers. Apparently a punch to the nuts is okay if you play for the Thunder!
.....it really helped a lot making it a flagrant 2 AFTER THE GAME WAS OVER!!

25k is a joke. But the Lakers just can't seem to beat a good team on the road.

cd021
03-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Miami has now now 16 straight games and has pulled within 1 game of the Spurs for best record in the league. The Spurs are dangerously close to conceding home court in the finals against the Heat given how hot Miami has played as of late. (Barring we and or the Heat get to the finals).

They've already beaten us this season, with the 2nd game coming up later this month.

bklynspursfan
03-07-2013, 08:21 PM
No Melo tonight, but hopefully the Knicks can pull off the upset...

racm
03-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Miami has now now 16 straight games and has pulled within 1 game of the Spurs for best record in the league. The Spurs are dangerously close to conceding home court in the finals against the Heat given how hot Miami has played as of late. (Barring we and or the Heat get to the finals).

They've already beaten us this season, with the 2nd game coming up later this month.

They've needed 16 straight wins and the Spurs giving up the ghost in two OT games to do that, tbh.

Also think they lose to Indiana to end their win streak.

SpursIndonesia
03-07-2013, 08:50 PM
No Melo tonight, but hopefully the Knicks can pull off the upset...

Knicks suck as of late, Melo or no Melo, can't count on them at all to slow the Thunder even under their own roof.

TheGoldStandard
03-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Knicks are just another East team, if Amare was 5 years younger then they'd be legit contenders but they have a lot of role players and 1 guy who is often injured.

As for the Heat, yeah they are threatening but we almost beat them without any of our big guns. I think we'll be okay.

RD2191
03-07-2013, 09:24 PM
okc's defense is vastly overrated, they allow way too many points

bklynspursfan
03-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Knicks suck as of late, Melo or no Melo, can't count on them at all to slow the Thunder even under their own roof.

If NY gets hot from 3 they can pull it off. Of course in typical OKC fashion they've got 20 FTA's in the first half so that doesn't help

bklynspursfan
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
JR Smith making it tough on OKC, let's hope they can stay hot in the 4th.

TheGoldStandard
03-07-2013, 10:16 PM
The refs had to confer with David Stern if they wanted to bail out Durant with that "flagrant" call.. Stern said, no it's NY its a big market, keep it fair for now.

RD2191
03-07-2013, 10:25 PM
why dont players just flagrant foul durant and westbrook, i mean they get fouled anyways even tho its a bogus call, i would like to see some rough fouls

TheGoldStandard
03-07-2013, 10:38 PM
NY is doing everything they can to lose the game. JR Smith can beat Sefalosha with his first step but opts to pull up and shoot a terrible jumper. Same thing with Felton, he gets into the paint and then opts to kick out to someone to shoot a 25 foot 3 when the basket is 6 feet away.

cjw
03-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Are you serious? CP3 and Durant are the queens of getting those technicalities as fouls by flailing their arms.

TheGoldStandard
03-07-2013, 10:43 PM
They really need to take that sweeping motion out as a foul. Such a bogus call.

cd021
03-07-2013, 10:48 PM
They've needed 16 straight wins and the Spurs giving up the ghost in two OT games to do that, tbh.

Also think they lose to Indiana to end their win streak.

True but. we used a 12 game win streak to pass the Clippers and Thunder. Miami wasn't going to have home court against 4 teams in the west now they'd have home court against all but 1 (as of now, us) and have opened a 7 1/2 game lead over the slumping Knicks (could be 8 after the end of the OKC game). I hope Indianican continue their success against the Heat. If they can beat the Heat when they are hot that would be a better gauge of how they would play in a playoff matchup.

cd021
03-07-2013, 10:49 PM
NY is doing everything they can to lose the game. JR Smith can beat Sefalosha with his first step but opts to pull up and shoot a terrible jumper. Same thing with Felton, he gets into the paint and then opts to kick out to someone to shoot a 25 foot 3 when the basket is 6 feet away.

Not the smartest game plan.

cd021
03-07-2013, 10:52 PM
okc's defense is vastly overrated, they allow way too many points

Their defense has actually improved from 15th to 11th to 8th this season in terms of defensive efficiency.

cd021
03-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Iso in crunch time? really...? Iso?

TheGoldStandard
03-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Iso in crunch time? really...? Iso?

And not even a good look with ISO, there was plenty of time to kick it out, then get the ball back with some spacing to make a move to the basket or shoot. JR had the hot hand maybe have him get it at the top of the key and create for someone else.. Oh well.

chapnis
03-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Why don't teams actually run a play on a final shot a la Danny Green vs LAL.

TheGoldStandard
03-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Why don't teams actually run a play on a final shot a la Danny Green vs LAL.

Woodson knows what he's dealing with so he figured just put the ball in JR's hands and see if they can make it happen. Still a poorly executed final play, no spacing and a bad look. I bet Kidd was wishing he had the ball in his hands to create a better look.

BatManu20
03-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Spurs will most likely finish 2nd in the West. The real question is whether the Lakers will finish with the 7 or 8 seed.

spurs10
03-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Spurs will most likely finish 2nd in the West. The real question is whether the Lakers will finish with the 7 or 8 seed.OKC will lose Sunday or Monday, or both.

cd021
03-08-2013, 02:00 AM
Spurs will most likely finish 2nd in the West. The real question is whether the Lakers will finish with the 7 or 8 seed. The #1 seed is almost certainly going to remain with the Spurs. Our next six 6 games include 4 games against teams below .500 and only one of those are on the road (Minnesota) We do play OKC & GSW but both games at home. 5-1 is a realistic expectation. And by that time Parker could be back and coming off the bench. on the 22nd of March. OKC has a tough April start Spurs ,@ Indiana, Knicks, @Utah, @GSW, @Portland (Back to back) they could easily drop 2 or even 3 of those games. I'd expect the Lakers to get the 8th spot but could realistically move up to 6th given how GSW has been choking away their chance at their 1st playoff appearance in 6 years. 3-11 in last 14, i believe.

cd021
03-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Woodson knows what he's dealing with so he figured just put the ball in JR's hands and see if they can make it happen. Still a poorly executed final play, no spacing and a bad look. I bet Kidd was wishing he had the ball in his hands to create a better look.

Backing someone down from the corner 3pt line for a potential game winner? That was just laughable. Kidd should have had the ball.

TheGoldStandard
03-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Backing someone down from the corner 3pt line for a potential game winner? That was just laughable. Kidd should have had the ball.

A terrible idea especially when he didn't drive hard to the basket all night but instead opted for outside shooting it wasn't like he was going to get past his defender. It reminded me of something Gary Neal would have done.

bklynspursfan
03-08-2013, 10:04 AM
OKC will lose Sunday or Monday, or both.

Can't wait till Monday... I think they can do it even without TP as long as Manu continues to play like he is. First game we won was without Manu, so winning without Parker would be awesome

Hoops Czar
03-08-2013, 12:33 PM
If its tight heading into the final couple of weeks and the Lakers look like a lock for the #8 seed, then it wouldn't surprise me if Pop intentionally tanks to get the #2 seed.

CGD
03-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Spurs will most likely finish 2nd in the West. The real question is whether the Lakers will finish with the 7 or 8 seed.

bklynspursfan
03-08-2013, 12:45 PM
If its tight heading into the final couple of weeks and the Lakers look like a lock for the #8 seed, then it wouldn't surprise me if Pop intentionally tanks to get the #2 seed.

Idk about that, the way Tim talked after the bulls game, he said they want the #1 seed real bad.

buttsR4rebounding
03-08-2013, 05:36 PM
It is hard to watch most NBA team's offense after being spoiled by the Spurs. Most teams are happy if they find the best match up each time down and let the guy go one-on-one. The Knicks' offense is terrible. They couldn't even be bothered to try to set a pick on the final play.

celldweller
03-08-2013, 05:57 PM
It is hard to watch most NBA team's offense after being spoiled by the Spurs. Most teams are happy if they find the best match up each time down and let the guy go one-on-one. The Knicks' offense is terrible. They couldn't even be bothered to try to set a pick on the final play.

Totally Agree, NY's offense was really hard to watch.

Mel_13
03-08-2013, 06:04 PM
It is hard to watch most NBA team's offense after being spoiled by the Spurs.

So true.

spursfaninla
03-08-2013, 06:13 PM

This is insanity. You think the Spurs sacrifice HCA for the final two rounds to avoid the dysfunctional, chemistry-lacking Lakers? If the Spurs are afraid of the Lakers, they might as well forfeit the playoffs and start rebuilding. The Lakers are 50/50 to even make the playoffs, much less win a series.

therealtruth
03-08-2013, 07:28 PM
This is insanity. You think the Spurs sacrifice HCA for the final two rounds to avoid the dysfunctional, chemistry-lacking Lakers? If the Spurs are afraid of the Lakers, they might as well forfeit the playoffs and start rebuilding. The Lakers are 50/50 to even make the playoffs, much less win a series.

The Spurs need to be thinking bigger. That's why it's important to dispatch the opponents as quickly as possible. They were fine last year until game 5 and Pop panicked and stopped pounding the rock. By his excuse that they weren't experienced enough he tried to put the blame on Green.

spursfaninla
03-08-2013, 08:12 PM
The Spurs need to be thinking bigger. That's why it's important to dispatch the opponents as quickly as possible. They were fine last year until game 5 and Pop panicked and stopped pounding the rock. By his excuse that they weren't experienced enough he tried to put the blame on Green.

Thinking bigger than what? You think the Spurs have a better chance to win a title by tanking to avoid the LAKERS, giving up any chance at HCA in the WCF and the finals?

?!

I really don't see how you can see the Lakers as a bigger threat than OK with HCA. Or Miami. If we get HCA and have to face the lakers, so be it. If we can't beat the Lakers with HCA, we certainly are not beating either OK or MIA without it.

TheGoldStandard
03-08-2013, 08:29 PM
The Spurs will need HCA in the playoffs especially if they do eventually meet the Heat, Miami is virtually unstoppable at home.

Hoops Czar
03-08-2013, 08:46 PM

Nobody thought Memphis would beat the Spurs in 2010 either, but alas.. Pop has a hard-on for the Lakers. The Lakers are far from dysfunctional. IF they make the playoffs, they'll be red hot and believe it or not, it's still a bad matchup on paper. As far as HCA, THE Spurs won't sacrifice health and rest to get home court. If it happens, the Spurs reserves will need to continue to produce and perform at a high level.

The Lakers are only two games back in the loss column of Utah and Houston and the Jazz are in the midst of a brutal stretch. They have a good shot at making the playoffs.

therealtruth
03-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Thinking bigger than what? You think the Spurs have a better chance to win a title by tanking to avoid the LAKERS, giving up any chance at HCA in the WCF and the finals?

?!

I really don't see how you can see the Lakers as a bigger threat than OK with HCA. Or Miami. If we get HCA and have to face the lakers, so be it. If we can't beat the Lakers with HCA, we certainly are not beating either OK or MIA without it.

I wasn't favoring tanking. I am just saying it's crucial to dispatch with opponents as quickly as possible. There's nothing wrong with being tested just as long as it doesn't go more than 5 games. I think letting the first round series with the Kings go 6 games in 2006 cost them the title that year. The Mavs were rested and the Spurs struggled to keep up in the next series.

cd021
03-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Well was a disapointing loss to say the least losing to a team 3 games below .500 at home where you are nearly unbeatable. OKC 1 Game back now. Miami ahead of us.

3/11 OKC is of massive importance now

Spurs Win-2 1/2 game lead and guarantees they won't lose season series to OKC. If Spurs win this game and lose last game in season series, the tie breaker would be based off of Conference record. Spurs (26-11, .700) OKC-31-9 (.775).

OKC Wins- Would be just 1/2 back and would have 2-1 season series advantage with the final at OKC (27-4, .870)

cd021
03-08-2013, 10:57 PM
The Spurs will need HCA in the playoffs especially if they do eventually meet the Heat, Miami is virtually unstoppable at home.

I'm much more worried about OKC's home court than Miami's. Their fans remind me of the Clippers when the game slows down and their are no alley oops or fast breaks they go much quieter.

cd021
03-08-2013, 11:02 PM

There is no benefit to that. Houston is as lethal on offense as the Spurs and Harden has played as good as Kobe has this season with less talent around him. They Lakers couldn't stop teams for scoring (besides the Hornets for the final 8 minutes) With a healthy Parker, they'd have trouble keeping the Spurs out of triple digits while scoring as much on a top 5 defense. We'd also have to face Clippers/GSW Instead of Memphis/Denver I'd imagine they Spurs would like to Memphis /Denver.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Celtics could do us a big favor today, lets hope they win a 6-ot thriller lol

spurs10
03-10-2013, 02:46 PM
So much for Boston helping us. We need a win tomorrow. We'll be tied or up up 2 by the end of it.
:flag::flag::flag:

ace3g
03-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Thunder beat the Cs, tomorrow's game is for #1 seed

TE
03-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Man I hope the team pulls through and bounces back with a win against refkc...

It'll be apocalyptic city here if we lose tomorrow.

Bruno
03-10-2013, 03:20 PM
you know how I feel about our relationship both personally and professionally. You are among a very few, notwithstanding our relative brief actual physical time together that have significantly affected my life. I view you as a role model as an extraordinarily gifted executive, a deep and compassionate thinker, and a person with a rare and unique charisma that brings out the best in everyone you touch. You are just one of my favorite people on earth and I so cherish our relationship

Spurs have no shot.

spurs10
03-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Spurs have no shot.

I don't believe that. Celtics had a great shot today and that was a home game for the Cranklahoma Tweakers. Now, that being said, I wouldn't bet the ranch on us winning. I expect to see a very competetive and much improved defensive effort from us. Win, lose, or draw, I hope we play with intensity and go for the throat. Without Tony, of course it will be hard.

BatManu20
03-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Screw this, I want LA in the 1st round. If we're not winning the ship, lets at least send home the circus in the playoffs. Would be the best consolation prize tbh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFBrqHZCAAAp3iD.jpg

hater
03-10-2013, 05:09 PM
actually lakers might get the 7th seed

BatManu20
03-10-2013, 05:13 PM

I actually agree, but I think we'll finish with the 2nd seed so it works out. I just hope the Lakers don't get the 6th seed cause that would screw it up.

EDIT: If the Lakers did finish 6th though, they'd play the Clippers in the first round. That'd be a great 1st round matchup tbh.

spurraider21
03-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Wow, Spurs have 2 days of rest, and OKC is coming off a back to back and has to play IN san antonio? on national television? wow the league and stern are definitely out to get OKC :rolleyes

boutons_deux
03-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Wow, Spurs have 2 days of rest, and OKC is coming off a back to back and has to play IN san antonio? on national television? wow the league and stern are definitely out to get OKC :rolleyes

not national. NBATV

spurraider21
03-10-2013, 05:40 PM
not national. NBATV
:bang

angelbelow
03-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Would love to see us get home court through out the playoffs.

cd021
03-11-2013, 02:48 PM

Thank you Utah, Houston and Golden State forgetting how to win games at the least opportune time. In Theory we could face any of those three or the lakers and even Portland in the 1st round. Thats going to make scouting a nightmare for the 1st round.

cd021
03-11-2013, 03:02 PM
:bang

cd021
03-11-2013, 03:04 PM
I actually agree, but I think we'll finish with the 2nd seed so it works out. I just hope the Lakers don't get the 6th seed cause that would screw it up.

EDIT: If the Lakers did finish 6th though, they'd play the Clippers in the first round. That'd be a great 1st round matchup tbh.

I'd rather see them play the Warriors they'd have a better chance of beating the Clippers IMO.

OKC
03-11-2013, 03:11 PM
REFKC..come on, give it up. I'll give you the BS game 6 stuff. Leading up to game 6, SA shot just as many FT's as OKC did in head to head games from regular season game 1 last year through Game 5 of WCF. We're +9 and +7 in the two games this regular season. I'll man up and admit that KD and RW are good non violating (ie fine $$) floppers in selling some phantom calls and KD's frailty lends itself to giving the appearance of fouls that aren't fouls, but you gotta realize these guys draw a lot of legit fouls as well. KD has become very adept at baiting guys. You catch a guy with his hand in the cookie jar..you gotta make him pay. It's smart basketball. Having said that, I don't like a closely called games and even as an OKC fan I wish refs would let some more contact slide, including contact on the FT hogs on OKC's roster.

spurraider21
03-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Take the link down. No posting streams like that on ST. I put the bang icon because nba tv is a national broadcast

Spurs 4 The Win
03-11-2013, 10:01 PM
REFKC..come on, give it up. I'll give you the BS game 6 stuff. Leading up to game 6, SA shot just as many FT's as OKC did in head to head games from regular season game 1 last year through Game 5 of WCF. We're +9 and +7 in the two games this regular season. I'll man up and admit that KD and RW are good non violating (ie fine $$) floppers in selling some phantom calls and KD's frailty lends itself to giving the appearance of fouls that aren't fouls, but you gotta realize these guys draw a lot of legit fouls as well. KD has become very adept at baiting guys. You catch a guy with his hand in the cookie jar..you gotta make him pay. It's smart basketball. Having said that, I don't like a closely called games and even as an OKC fan I wish refs would let some more contact slide, including contact on the FT hogs on OKC's roster.

you sir, are a fagget

#umadbro
#refkc
#thunderrefs

OKC
03-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Me.
you sir, are a fagget

#umadbro
#refkc
#thunderrefs
Thanks buddy. Good win tonight my friend

Spurs 4 The Win
03-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Me.
Thanks buddy. Good win tonight my friend

Im not your friend, fagget, and your ref dependent team got their ass beat tonight

OKC
03-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Im not your friend, fagget, and your ref dependent team got their ass beat tonight
Indeed they did. Have a good one buddy

cd021
03-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Take the link down. No posting streams like that on ST. I put the bang icon because nba tv is a national broadcast

My bad, still a newbie. Won't happen again.

spurraider21
03-11-2013, 10:49 PM
My bad, still a newbie. Won't happen again.

np. well intentioned though :tu
from what i understand ST had been in trouble in the past for similar stuff

cd021
03-11-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm surprised we only turned the ball over 12 times. We looked very sloppy and still beat the "best team in the west" by 12 and without our best player too. Great win

DPG21920
03-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Indeed they did. Have a good one buddy

The issue isn't so much the calls they get, it's the inconsistency when teams don't get the same calls. For example, Perkins sets the most illegal screens in the leauge in my opinion and it's rarely called.

cd021
03-11-2013, 11:44 PM
OKC Next 5 Games

3/13 Jazz

3/15 Orlando

3/17 @ Dallas-The Mavs play them tough, virtually everytime. This should be at the very least close.

3/19 Denver-This should be a track meet, I don't expect Denver to win, but it could make the following night @ Memphis a tough game for OKC.

3/20 @ Memphis-They are big and physical. They also play well at home and should be ready against a top tier team in the league.

The last 3 games are the best bets for them losing.

cd021
03-11-2013, 11:45 PM
The issue isn't so much the calls they get, it's the inconsistency when teams don't get the same calls. For example, Perkins sets the most illegal screens in the leauge in my opinion and it's rarely called.

Garnett?

cd021
03-11-2013, 11:47 PM
np. well intentioned though :tu
from what i understand ST had been in trouble in the past for similar stuff

I understand. I deleted my original post.

bklynspursfan
03-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Lets see if the Mavs can get pull the upset tonight.

cd021
03-17-2013, 08:19 PM
A loss by OKC would be a double wammy. Not only would they fall 2 games back of the Spurs. But they would drop an in conference game to put them at 32-11 (.744) compared to the Spurs 28-12 (.700) western conference win percetage. Assuming OKC wins the April 4th game. Every conference game becomes much more important for tie breaking purposes.

Sean Cagney
03-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Lets see if the Mavs can get pull the upset tonight.

LOL yeah right. I hope they can though.

chapnis
03-17-2013, 08:42 PM
OKC with the +16 advantage on FTAs as per usual.

cd021
03-17-2013, 08:49 PM
OKC with the +16 advantage on FTAs as per usual. Westbrook 19 shots Durant: 17 shots. Westbrook 5 T.O's 6 Asts. This is definitely their trademarks.

ace3g
03-17-2013, 08:53 PM
game is tied right now:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013031706

boutons_deux
03-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Mavs lose, now 3 games out of 8th place, miss the playoffs.

bklynspursfan
03-17-2013, 08:57 PM
LOL yeah right. I hope they can though.
Well they had a shot at it... Smh

cd021
03-17-2013, 08:59 PM
On to the next one. OKC home against Denver, who has won 11 straight games. They also play @Memphis the night after (Wednesday). I'd bet they'd lose 1 of the 2.

Sean Cagney
03-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Well they had a shot at it... Smh

Yep, I never thought they would win it though.

racm
03-17-2013, 09:12 PM
>Dallas not giving the ball to Dirk in crunch time

lel what happened

cd021
03-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Mavs lose, now 3 games out of 8th place, miss the playoffs. 2nd longest consecutive (active) playoff appearances snapped. I didn't expect them to miss the the playoffs entirely. I thought they would get it together.

Captivus
03-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Without taking into account if a game is at home or not, and comparing both teams, this are the differences for the remaining games, I didn't include teams that have to play against both teams and also when they play against each other.

SAS

OKC

ATL
POR

DEN
WAS

GSW
MIL

HOU
IND

LAC
NYK

LAL
POR

MIA
MIL

OKC has an easier schedule...

boutons_deux
03-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Without taking into account if a game is at home or not, and comparing both teams, this are the differences for the remaining games, I didn't include teams that have to play against both teams and also when they play against each other.

SAS

OKC

ATL
POR

DEN
WAS

GSW
MIL

HOU
IND

LAC
NYK

LAL
POR

MIA
MIL

OKC has an easier schedule...

not very useful if you don't include home/away, a huge factor in NBA.

Captivus
03-18-2013, 10:42 AM
not very useful if you don't include home/away, a huge factor in NBA.

It was meant to be just a quick look...what about this:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9378/schedulesasokc.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/schedulesasokc.jpg/)

SAS has 1 more day rest, not a lot, but considering OKC has 3 more days rest before playing SAS, the Spurs have more agaisnt the others.
Bad news, SAS plays 3 more games against .5 teams, although OKC has to play Portland twice.
OKC has a little advantage, especially the game against the Spurs, at home and with 4 days rest.

cd021
03-18-2013, 08:29 PM
It was meant to be just a quick look...what about this:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9378/schedulesasokc.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/schedulesasokc.jpg/)

SAS has 1 more day rest, not a lot, but considering OKC has 3 more days rest before playing SAS, the Spurs have more agaisnt the others.
Bad news, SAS plays 3 more games against .5 teams, although OKC has to play Portland twice.
OKC has a little advantage, especially the game against the Spurs, at home and with 4 days rest.

Good stuff.

cd021
03-18-2013, 08:36 PM
If Spurs get # 1

Spurs (1)

(Teams still in hunt for 8th seed)
Golden State
Houston
Los Angeles Lakers
Utah

(Mathematically possible for 8th Seed)

Dallas
Portland)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Assuming Spurs advance (against any of those teams)
Spurs (1)

(3 teams separated by 1 game, deciding the 3, 4, & 5th seed with 1 month remaining)
Clippers
Memphis
Denver

Safe to say the west is still very fluid.

bklynspursfan
03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Gotta protect our home court and hope OKC drops 1 of 2 of their next games. Tonight they probably have the upper hand Denver is coming off a tough OT win. Tomorrow in Memphis hopefully the Grizz can get a W

ace3g
03-19-2013, 07:34 PM
OKC vs Denver going on right now:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013031925

cd021
03-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Nuggets 76-64 lead 8:00 in the 3rd. Hopefully they can stay hot and drop OKC.

DesignatedT
03-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Hold on Denver.

bklynspursfan
03-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Denver with a 13 point lead. Let's hope they don't run out of gas. OKC is cold as ice

TheGoldStandard
03-19-2013, 08:47 PM
We'll see if Durant/Westbrook can heat up and if the refs heat up as well.

ace3g
03-19-2013, 09:17 PM
OT but Westbrook wearing the new Jordan's (upper right corner)

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/747061522.jpg

RD2191
03-19-2013, 09:18 PM
IBAKA TOOK A MEAN KNEE TO THE FACE

kaji157
03-19-2013, 09:18 PM
I am watching OKC Denver and its incredible, denver cannot touch an OKC player, but Sefolosha can hack almost any player he is assigned with no call.

TheGoldStandard
03-19-2013, 09:20 PM
I am watching OKC Denver and its incredible, denver cannot touch an OKC player, but Sefolosha can hack almost any player he is assigned with no call.

That's the great equalizer when you have "tough defense" lol at the commentator who said, "heard a lot of ball" on the call for Faried and then the replay clearly shows Collison hack him on his upper arm.

bklynspursfan
03-19-2013, 09:21 PM
IBAKA TOOK A MEAN KNEE TO THE FACE

Was an elbow by his own man Jackson

I'm just glad they're losing.

kaji157
03-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Miller just iced the game. Denver will win this.

kaji157
03-19-2013, 09:22 PM
That's the great equalizer when you have "tough defense" lol at the commentator who said, "heard a lot of ball" on the call for Faried and then the replay clearly shows Collison hack him on his upper arm.

Yeah, i really donīt get why in a very competitive west the NBA is favoring this team so much.

TheGoldStandard
This has had some funny moments, Durant going for his sweep through instant foul call but no whistle.

RD2191
Was an elbow by his own man Jackson

I'm just glad they're losing.
thought it was knee, lol. my stream is shit

bklynspursfan
03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
This has had some funny moments, Durant going for his sweep through instant foul call but no whistle.

That was awesome. It's so ironic that the guy that gets so many whistles is 2nd in the league in Technicals

TheGoldStandard
03-19-2013, 09:27 PM
That was awesome. It's so ironic that the guy that gets so many whistles is 2nd in the league in Technicals

What's funny is that a guy who called Chris Bosh a fake tough guy is suddenly getting Technical fouls called on him, seems like he's trying too hard to change his image. If he wants to be a tough guy or not nice he needs to go cram Westbrook in a Locker and tell him that's its his team.

kaji157
03-19-2013, 09:28 PM
OKC fouling intentionally, do they have to tell the refs befre doing it? "Hey!! call this one!"

bklynspursfan
03-19-2013, 09:30 PM
What's funny is that a guy who called Chris Bosh a fake tough guy is suddenly getting Technical fouls called on him, seems like he's trying too hard to change his image. If he wants to be a tough guy or not nice he needs to go cram Westbrook in a Locker and tell him that's its his team.

Yea. I think he's gotten so spoiled that when he doesn't get some calls, he lets the officials know about it

Obstructed_View
03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
OT but Westbrook wearing the new Jordan's (upper right corner)

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/747061522.jpg

Wow, they just keep finding new ways to make ugly shoes.

RD2191
03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
damn, the spurs need to get their shit together. lakers in the 1st and denver/grizz in the 2nd? thats a trip

Obstructed_View
03-19-2013, 09:36 PM

OKC is far and away number one in technicals, and they're far and away number one in free throw attempts. Might be something to that whining thing.

spurraider21
03-19-2013, 09:39 PM
OKC at Memphis tomorrow. Could be another quick loss

look_at_g_shred
03-19-2013, 09:40 PM
OKC at Memphis tomorrow. Could be another quick loss

Refs can't hide for too long.

cd021
03-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Spurs turn next. Gotta beat GSW tomorrow. OKC will have to bounce back @ Memphis tomorrow. We could be up by 2 1/2 games by the end of Wednesday.

spurraider21
03-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Spurs turn next. Gotta beat GSW tomorrow. OKC will have to bounce back @ Memphis tomorrow. We could be up by 2 1/2 games by the end of Wednesday.

If we can beat OKC one more time, its essentially a lock unless we have some epic collapse.

Edit, just checked our our upcoming schedule. That "collapse" could come soon :lol

Golden State, Utah, @ Houston, Denver, Clippers, Heat, @ Grizz, Orlando, @ OKC, Atlanta, @ Denver, Sacramento, @ Lakers, @ Warriors, then Wolves. a lot of real toughies in that one

Robz4000
03-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Spurs are gonna need another OKC loss. Evens them up in the 2nd tiebreaker (record against WC) and the Spurs own the 3rd tiebreaker (record against WC playoff teams: OKC - 12-9, Spurs - 12-6).

Or they can find a way to win in OKC...

letmk
03-19-2013, 09:49 PM
When the score was 103-97, that stretching arm by Durant to DIRECTLY asks for foul with no intention to shoot the ball at all is so ridiculous. It's not even funny anymore. NBA needs to treat this kind of cheating like flop. It's so annoying and so unfair to other non-star defenders. I'm saying this not because I'm a Spurs fan, but as an basketball fan.

Bruno
03-19-2013, 09:51 PM
1st or 2nd seed doesn't matter.

The biggest reason for the 1st seed a couple of months ago was it allowed to avoid to have to play both OKC and Clippers. It's now moot since Clippers don't look scarier than Nuggets and Memphis and it's not even sure they will get the 3rd seed.

Between 1st and 2nd seed, I would pick the one that won't face Lakers in the first round.

TheGoldStandard
03-19-2013, 09:54 PM
When the score was 103-97, that stretching arm by Durant to DIRECTLY asks for foul with no intention to shoot the ball at all is so ridiculous. It's not even funny anymore. NBA needs to treat this kind of cheating like flop. It's so annoying and so unfair to other non-star defenders. I'm saying this not because I'm a Spurs fan, but as an basketball fan.

The NBA is going to take care of its cash cows but I wish there would be consistency with the calls, I hate when a ref waits to see if the ball is going to drop before he calls a whistle especially when the other team starts going up the court and they call it.

Johnny RIngo
03-19-2013, 10:14 PM
If we can beat OKC one more time, its essentially a lock unless we have some epic collapse.

Edit, just checked our our upcoming schedule. That "collapse" could come soon :lol

Golden State, Utah, @ Houston, Denver, Clippers, Heat, @ Grizz, Orlando, @ OKC, Atlanta, @ Denver, Sacramento, @ Lakers, @ Warriors, then Wolves. a lot of real toughies in that one

Golden State is a garbage team. No need to worry about them or Utah. Houston's not playing winning basketball at the moment but could be difficult if their shooters are having a good night. Denver, Clippers, Heat, and Grizz is brutal. Would be satisfied if we went 2-2 over that stretch. Definitely going to need TP for those teams. It'd be nice if Ginobili showed up once in a while too.

Robz4000
03-19-2013, 10:15 PM

The biggest reason for the 1st seed a couple of months ago was it allowed to avoid to have to play both OKC and Clippers. It's now moot since Clippers don't look scarier than Nuggets and Memphis and it's not even sure they will get the 3rd seed.

Between 1st and 2nd seed, I would pick the one that won't face Lakers in the first round.

I honestly don't think the Spurs can beat OKC in OKC. Thought so last year and I feel the same this year. The amount of calls they get there is just absurd. Doesn't help that the Spurs will need roleplayers to step up big time while OKC has 3-4 players they should be able to count on night in and night out.

Johnny RIngo
03-19-2013, 10:19 PM

No team should ever sacrifice a first seed because they're afraid of playing a mediocre Lakers squad.

spurraider21
03-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Golden State is a garbage team. No need to worry about them or Utah. Houston's not playing winning basketball at the moment but could be difficult if their shooters are having a good night. Denver, Clippers, Heat, and Grizz is brutal. Would be satisfied if we went 2-2 over that stretch. Definitely going to need TP for those teams. It'd be nice if Ginobili showed up once in a while too.
Warriors and Jazz should be wins, but they're not exactly cupcakes, and we've seen that with TP out anything can happen

Robz4000
03-19-2013, 10:23 PM

Golden State has been playing better as of late, and on the road no less. They'll be tough tomorrow, regardless if the Spurs show up or not. Utah is a dead stick, Spurs could prolly beat them without any of the Big 3.

phxspurfan
03-19-2013, 10:25 PM

Agree. Lakers are wounded and playing like it right now. If they make #8 Howard may average 20/20 in the first round.

DesignatedT
03-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Best case realistic scenario:

1.SA
2.OKC
3.DEN
4.LAC
5.MEM
6.GS
7.LAL
8.HOU/POR/DAL/UTA

or if Houston holds the 7 then UTA/POR/DAL replace LAL at 8

Robz4000
03-19-2013, 10:46 PM
The Best Case Scenario always involves the Lakers missing the playoffs in humiliating fashion.

spurraider21
03-19-2013, 10:58 PM
i don't care who we play. if we are worrying about dodging 8 seeds we aren't championship material

DesignatedT
03-19-2013, 11:05 PM
i don't care who we play. if we are worrying about dodging 8 seeds we aren't championship material

lol you can still have preferences on who you match up with. Spurs aren't going to lose to the Lakers but would I rather avoid all the hoopla surrounded by it? Yes.

Spursfanfromafar
03-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Best case realistic scenario:

1.SA
2.OKC
3.DEN
4.LAC
5.MEM
6.GS
7.LAL
8.HOU/POR/DAL/UTA

or if Houston holds the 7 then UTA/POR/DAL replace LAL at 8

UTA and POR have no chance. Both have been miserable and while POR have been punching above their weight, UTA can't win away games.

It is going to be HOU vs DAL for the 8th spot.

spurraider21
03-19-2013, 11:30 PM
lol you can still have preferences on who you match up with. Spurs aren't going to lose to the Lakers but would I rather avoid all the hoopla surrounded by it? Yes.

If we have a chance to humiliate the Lakers in the playoffs, I'm taking it. My rules of Spurs fanhood are 1) Go spurs and 2) screw the lakers. if we can do both in one series, im glad. personally, i prefer the Lakers miss the playoffs. would humiliate them more. but if they make it, I want the glory of knocking them out

racm
03-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Either the Lakers and their 100 million dollar roster watch the playoffs at home or get swept by SA/OKC, with Game 4 being an embarrassing blowout where Kobe shoots 5-23.

Obstructed_View
03-20-2013, 01:10 AM

I'm starting to wonder if the Nuggets aren't turning out to be the team nobody should want to play.

2centsworth
03-20-2013, 01:25 AM

i admit I can have blinders sometimes, but pleased plain to me how the lakers will slow TP? Lakers have no shot imho, I pray we face them.

Bambililos
03-20-2013, 07:03 AM
If we have a chance to humiliate the Lakers in the playoffs, I'm taking it. My rules of Spurs fanhood are 1) Go spurs and 2) screw the lakers. if we can do both in one series, im glad. personally, i prefer the Lakers miss the playoffs. would humiliate them more. but if they make it, I want the glory of knocking them out

This.

bklynspursfan
03-20-2013, 07:52 AM
I honestly don't think the Spurs can beat OKC in OKC. Thought so last year and I feel the same this year. The amount of calls they get there is just absurd. Doesn't help that the Spurs will need roleplayers to step up big time while OKC has 3-4 players they should be able to count on night in and night out.

They came damn close last year in game 4. Who else expected Perkins/Ibaka to shoot a combined 18-20 from the field? They only lost by 6. I think they can win there, as long as our guys can knock down their shots. Green was 1-6 from 3 in that game and Parker struggled only finishing with 12 points on 5-15 shooting.

Bruno
03-20-2013, 12:10 PM
i admit I can have blinders sometimes, but pleased plain to me how the lakers will slow TP? Lakers have no shot imho, I pray we face them.

Yeah, they don't really have an answer against Parker. Their best hope would be that Howard and Gasol close the paint and that Parker doesn't hit his outside shots.

Spurs would obviously be the favorite in a series against Lakers but among their potential first round opponents of Lakers, Jazz, Rockets and Mavs, Lakers have clearly the better shot at beating Spurs or at least to make it tough for them .

cd021
03-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Cleveland Pounding Miami 64-38 WTF? Hackers must have infiltrated ESPN. 8:33 left in the 3rd. But I'm still expect Cleveland to lose. They seem to been in a league of their own in terms of self destructing.

TheGoldStandard
03-20-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm waiting to see if they'll get an assist from the refs to help get them to the line and slow down the game. The Heat look hungover and disinterested.

Budkin
03-20-2013, 08:25 PM
No way in hell Cleveland wins that game.

ace3g
03-20-2013, 08:51 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013032029

Memphis up on OKC right now

cd021
03-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Cleveland Pounding Miami 64-38 WTF? Hackers must have infiltrated ESPN. 8:33 left in the 3rd. But I'm still expect Cleveland to lose. They seem to been in a league of their own in terms of self destructing.

Knew It. Heat 24 straight. Cleveland Up 27 with 20 minutes left and I still expected them to lose. Cleveland is truly the worst team in basketball.

TheGoldStandard
03-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Knew It. Heat 24 straight. Cleveland Up 27 with 20 minutes left and I still expected them to lose. Cleveland is truly the worst team in basketball.

Mental midgets, playing to not to lose and Miami role players got on a streak during that 3rd quarter stretch and lebron took over from there.

DesignatedT
03-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Memphis up 3 with 2 minutes left.

ace3g
03-20-2013, 09:52 PM
what a hook shot by Gasol

DesignatedT
03-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Grizz win. Marc Gasol tip at buzzer.

ace3g
03-20-2013, 09:58 PM
tip in by Gasol wins it!!!!