PDA

View Full Version : drones being used in Dorner search

InRareForm
02-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Http://m.gizmodo.com/5983175/report-ex+cop-christopher-dorner-is-now-a-target-for-drones

SA210
02-10-2013, 08:28 PM
So it begins, conditioning everyone to accept it as normal

Jacob1983
02-11-2013, 12:33 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30681365.jpg

http://imiji.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/meme-5.jpg

Creepn
02-11-2013, 12:37 AM
As long as the drones aren't armed then I'm ok with it. Could be very effective hunting down fugitives.

redzero
02-11-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm okay for it as long as they bomb some innocent children as well.

Wild Cobra
02-11-2013, 03:04 AM
As long as the drones aren't armed then I'm ok with it. Could be very effective hunting down fugitives.
I'm not OK with it. I have a 6' security fence for a reason. There is no reason for anyone to see over my fence without a warrant.

Creepn
02-11-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm not OK with it. I have a 6' security fence for a reason. There is no reason for anyone to see over my fence without a warrant.

Dude, BBQing in your backyard is not all that private. You could smell it down the street.

How are drones looking for suspects any different from those helicopters with the spotlights?

ChumpDumper
02-11-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm not OK with it. I have a 6' security fence for a reason. There is no reason for anyone to see over my fence without a warrant.Probably what flaglot lady thought as well. Didn't stop you.

Creepn
02-11-2013, 02:00 PM
The only type of residency I seen that has a security fence around it is a mental hospital or a prison tbh. Never seen a house with barbed wire electrified fences.

Clipper Nation
02-11-2013, 02:04 PM
But it's okay for you to triangulate other peoples' homes on Google Maps for stalking purposes? :lmao

DarrinS
02-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Move along. Nothing to see here. Team blue is in charge, so all is well.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Move along. Nothing to see here. Team blue is in charge, so all is well.You're against using drones to search for a dangerous killer?

To each his own, I guess.

TeyshaBlue
02-11-2013, 02:28 PM
You can't spell Dorner without "Drone".

Drachen
02-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Move along. Nothing to see here. Team blue is in charge, so all is well.

I am curious if you feel that it is cool to use drones on the border. I am asking because I am trying to get some perspective.

My initial reaction is that I don't like this idea of drones being used, but Creepn made a good point, how is this different than helicopters? I guess my initial reaction was a subconscious slippery slope argument that if we use them for this, we could end up having them in the air all the time "for our safety". Slippery slope is a bad argument though.

Drachen
02-11-2013, 02:31 PM

You also can't spell Dorner without "nerd".

Creepn
02-11-2013, 02:32 PM

Hooooooooooooooooooly shit dude. Blown is my mind.

TeyshaBlue
02-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Using unarmed drones to pursue or find fugitive seems to be a legit use of this tech. Using an unarmed drone for surveillance, seems to move a little further away from comfy. Using an armed drone for anything domestic is not unthinkable, but should be last resort-ish. Good luck codifying that.

TeyshaBlue
02-11-2013, 02:33 PM
You also can't spell Dorner without "nerd".

You can't spell Drachen without "STFU!"

TeyshaBlue
02-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Hooooooooooooooooooly shit dude. Blown is my mind.

You can't spell Creepn without....peen. Just sayin'.

Blake
02-11-2013, 02:34 PM
If your neighbor has a two story fence then they don't need a warrant to look down over your 6 foot privacy fence.

DarrinS
02-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I am curious if you feel that it is cool to use drones on the border. I am asking because I am trying to get some perspective.

My initial reaction is that I don't like this idea of drones being used, but Creepn made a good point, how is this different than helicopters? I guess my initial reaction was a subconscious slippery slope argument that if we use them for this, we could end up having them in the air all the time "for our safety". Slippery slope is a bad argument though.

I actually love drones. Very good use of technology. I just suspect that there would be some blue-team outrage if this were going back when the chimp was president.

Creepn
02-11-2013, 02:38 PM

Wait wait, you saying I'm gay? Hoooooooooooooooooly shit! All this time!

TeyshaBlue
02-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Wait wait, you saying I'm gay? Hoooooooooooooooooly shit! All this time!

Don't make me tell CF!:lol

boutons_deux
02-11-2013, 02:39 PM
"be some blue-team outrage if this were going back when the chimp was president."

and the red team would be cheering the naked, self-portrait chimp on.

Drachen
02-11-2013, 02:58 PM
You can't spell Drachen without "STFU!"

Can't spell TeyshaBlue without "BulShat"!

Can't spell TB without rhyming with VD!

Creepn
02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I would've said ButShat.

Edit: Crap he only has one T. I fail.

Drachen
02-11-2013, 03:01 PM
I would've said ButShat.

Naw, I said BulShat, because it is past tense and he is old.

Edit, and because he only has one t

ElNono
02-11-2013, 03:07 PM

wow, you're good at this :lol

boutons_deux
02-11-2013, 03:08 PM
wow, you're good at this :lol

a cunning linguist

TeyshaBlue
02-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Naw, I said BulShat, because it is past tense and he is old.

Edit, and because he only has one t

Go ahead. Go on home and tell yer boyfriend you got your ass kicked by some old guy.:ihit

:lol

Drachen
02-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Go ahead. Go on home and tell yer boyfriend you got your ass kicked by some old guy.:ihit

:lol

Quit projecting your lifestyle choices on me! You're the reason that people don't like the gay rights movement!
:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

:lmao

Ok, that was my last one, go ahead and take the last word.

Blake
02-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Drpned

Clipper Nation
02-11-2013, 04:07 PM
I guess my initial reaction was a subconscious slippery slope argument that if we use them for this, we could end up having them in the air all the time "for our safety". Slippery slope is a bad argument though.
With the power-hungry nature of American politicians, "slippery slope" is the reality, tbh..... my main objection with drones is that, once people begin to accept them as a normal part of life, their uses will lean more towards asserting government power and political expediency than for our safety....

TeyshaBlue
02-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Quit projecting your lifestyle choices on me! You're the reason that people don't like the gay rights movement!
:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

:lmao

Ok, that was my last one, go ahead and take the last word.

:lol:toast

fucker

Drachen
02-11-2013, 04:31 PM
:lol:toast

fucker

:tu

InRareForm
02-11-2013, 05:16 PM

Build a tent

DMC
02-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Fucking faggot ass Anderson Cooper on 1 MOA "I believe it stands for IMOA, imagine more open America". No faggot, it's a shooting term. He's saying he shot that at 100 yards you dipshit cocksucker, or if it's a .22, 50. It's not a .22. Anyone who saw Sniper recalls the scene where Billy Zane shoots his silver medal. Same thing, copycats.

DMC
02-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Dude, BBQing in your backyard is not all that private. You could smell it down the street.

How are drones looking for suspects any different from those helicopters with the spotlights?

Or Google Earth, or do we not want to go there?

DMC
02-11-2013, 08:46 PM
The dude is underground, on land he owns or a relative owns. He's dug in because he's been taught to dig in. He knows they think he will flee the country, but the logistics of doing that would be too difficult and he would eventually be caught and paraded about like a common thug. No, he's dug in with rations, a radio, maybe a television. Homeboy in Alabama was doing something similar, except he grabbed a kid and Dorner likely learned from that what he needed to know to avoid detection. He will walk into a police station shooting, or he will arrange a meeting, press and all, to turn himself in so he gets there alive.

Creepn
02-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Or Google Earth, or do we not want to go there?

Let's go there. What were you saying about Google Earth now?

SA210
02-12-2013, 06:22 AM

"Christopher Dorner, the ex-LAPD cop who allegedly killed three people has been on the run, successfully evading police, for over a week. To finally track him down, it seems that law enforcement is pulling out all the stops. According to the Express, Dorner is now a target for drones, among the first ever on U.S. soil."*

The LAPD is very sorry for shooting two innocent women while on the hunt for Christopher Dorner, so they "got someone" to buy them a new vehicle. Gee, thanks. And now, drones are being used domestically to find the cop turned revenge killer. These drones aren't armed, but would you be able to trust the people who fired at two innocent women with drone technology? Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian break it down.

TYT: Drones Search for Cop Killer & LAPD Apology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvRoAVutNI

ChumpDumper
02-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Which LAPD officer is controlling the drone?

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Let's go there. What were you saying about Google Earth now?

lol