PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Shooting the last shot in a decided game

Fabbs
02-10-2013, 06:19 PM
When the shot clock is at 24 seconds or less, and the team just getting the ball on offense with literally no way to come back while the team ahead stops playing defense. Like down 12 with 24 seconds left.

Is it unwritten NBA rule and custom among players that the ball should be dribbled out and the game ended?

Reason i ask is during todays game, DWade made a shot and got fouled for a +1 free throw with 23 seconds left. He then made the FT. Lakers ball.
After the Lakers inbounded and came across half court, one of their role players (#24) received a pass, held the ball til the clock hit 13 seconds then launched a 20 foot shot. Even tho Miami had stopped playing defense. I'm not sure if he was going for a career high. He did have an okay game. Shot over 50%, early in the game had some good passes. In the 4th he was clearly flustered by the D of the superior NBA players, but again he had a good game for an older role player.

Perhaps he was butt hurt because DWade did what may be considered hot dogging after he got fouled and the shot fell during the final +1?
Either way, back to the original question.

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2013, 06:22 PM
today we all saw pippen coat riding toni kukoc

fevertrees
02-10-2013, 07:31 PM
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: vs :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Who is BETTER?

Fabbs
02-10-2013, 08:11 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/14/Ralph_Wiggum.png/220px-Ralph_Wiggum.png
I can post pictures of trophies.