PDA

View Full Version : SEAL WHO ALLEGEDLY SHOT AND KILLED BIN LADEN REVEALS STUNNING NEW DETAILS

spursncowboys
02-11-2013, 08:36 PM
SEAL WHO ALLEGEDLY SHOT AND KILLED BIN LADEN REVEALS STUNNING NEW DETAILS ABOUT THE RAID — AND YOU WON’T BELIEVE HOW HE SAYS THE GOV’T HAS TREATED HIM SINCE
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/11/seal-who-allegedly-shot-and-killed-bin-laden-reveals-stunning-new-details-about-the-raid-and-you-wont-believe-how-he-says-the-govt-has-treated-him-since/

ploto
02-11-2013, 08:42 PM
I only read a small excerpt earlier but I do not understand the complaint. He left the Navy 3 years prior to qualifying for retirement so why is he complaining about not having his insurance benefits and getting no pension. You know the parameters when you enlist.

It also says they offered him a witness protection program but he declined it.

spursncowboys
02-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Yeah I didn't get it either. Plus no one knew he was one of the guys until he said he was.

Drachen
02-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Yeah I didn't get it either. Plus no one knew he was one of the guys until he said he was.

then why the caps as if suggesting outrage?

spursncowboys
02-11-2013, 09:17 PM
It's the title of the article.

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2013, 06:13 AM
he make more money in the private sector if he continues to work as a consultant...

LnGrrrR
02-12-2013, 06:41 AM
Someone in the aarticle did bring up an interesting idea, about early retirement for those who deploy to combat zones often. I could see some sort of swap (let's say, for every 3 mos in a combat zone you were allowed to retire a mo earlier). That would mean that if you did 5 deployments at roughly 6 mos apiece, you could get out 10 mos early.

sjacquemotte
02-12-2013, 08:20 AM
The army normally does early retirement from 17 to 19 years. This year they lowered it to 15. Lngr makes a good point. I Think sof should be able to retire earlier since they deploy so much more than the others

DMC
02-12-2013, 12:16 PM
The problem would come in when these REMFs start loopholing it and getting retirement for pushing water bottles up a ramp near a hot zone. Also, you'd have people trying to get into the pipeline just for early out. Doesn't sit right with me.

boutons_deux
02-12-2013, 01:47 PM
he make more money in the private sector if he continues to work as a consultant...

If he weren't so jaded that killing someone did nothing anymore for his "adrenaline", then he could get a hired-killer job with Xe or other mercenary outfit and get paid $100Ks for it.

IIRC, there are no employee benefits, just lotsa cash (even paid to Cayman, etc).

LnGrrrR
02-13-2013, 03:59 AM
The problem would come in when these REMFs start loopholing it and getting retirement for pushing water bottles up a ramp near a hot zone. Also, you'd have people trying to get into the pipeline just for early out. Doesn't sit right with me.

Maybe they could require actual combat action, and not just being in a tax-free combat zone?