PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: What Is Kawahi leonard ceiling?

Pages : [1] 2

apalisoc_9
02-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Watching him today, and the few times where he runs the pick and roll, he really has all the necessary tools to become a superstar one day, IMO.

Grit and Grind
02-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Not a superstar but a 2nd option maybe a lesser version of Paul George maybe Evan Turner type player

apalisoc_9
02-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Not a superstar but a 2nd option maybe a lesser version of Paul George maybe Evan Turner type player

Kawhi is already a better player than turner

Grit and Grind
02-12-2013, 12:47 AM
Kawhi is already a better player than turner
No your biased look at Tuners all around stats ... 14 , 7 and 5 ...

02-12-2013, 12:49 AM
ceiling? multiple all star selections but probably not a perennial all star.

apalisoc_9

14, 7 5 on a shit team..The guy is a chucker too. Kawhi > Turner

AussieFanKurt
Turner's got good offensive stats but Kawhi far better than him on D.

Grit and Grind
02-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Turner's got good offensive stats but Kawhi far better than him on D.
Eh yeah

Grit and Grind
02-12-2013, 12:51 AM
14, 7 5 on a shit team..The guy is a chucker too. Kawhi > Turner
It's not his fault Bynum won't play . 76ers aren;t bad

MR-Clutch
02-12-2013, 02:02 AM
A less athletic Latrell sprewell with better defense, rebounding, and 3 point shooting.

ElNono
02-12-2013, 02:05 AM
If he's any good he'll be a Laker when his contract is up, tbh...

Jeff Van Gundy
02-12-2013, 02:08 AM
^ :lol

AussieFanKurt
02-12-2013, 02:09 AM
If he's any good he'll be a Laker when his contract is up, tbh...

He doesn't seem like he cares about the glitz and glamour and I think Spurs will be able to pay him handsomely in coming years... I hope :lol

Spursfanfromafar
02-12-2013, 02:23 AM
Basement for Leonard as he grows - Shawn Marion.

Ceiling - Scottie Pippen?!

racm
02-12-2013, 02:29 AM
Already has better handles and jumper than Matrix tbh.

Cry Havoc
02-12-2013, 02:40 AM
I could see him someday as a 17-20 ppg, 8 rpg, with ~1.5 blocks and 4 steals per game defensive monster. Really at this point, it's how much effort Kawhi himself puts in. He has a fantastic feel for the game and reacts on defense extremely quickly. He also has much better handles than he's given credit for, although he still needs to improve those as well.

His ceiling is pretty damn high. The trade for George Hill looks more and more genius every day.

stretch
02-12-2013, 02:41 AM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin

stretch
02-12-2013, 02:43 AM
i know some of this is just trolling, but some of this is legit bullshit

lol only his 2nd 20 point game of his career, and suddenly he has a basement of shawn marion, and has a superstar ceiling?

apalisoc_9
02-12-2013, 02:54 AM

lol only his 2nd 20 point game of his career, and suddenly he has a basement of shawn marion, and has a superstar ceiling?

you dont even watch the guy play

Cry Havoc
02-12-2013, 02:57 AM

Agree that's pretty ridiculous. I think what I posted is his absolute max. Marion as a floor is kind of weird, they aren't the same kind of players at all.

The fact that he's so good on D means he's definitely going to be in the NBA for the next decade+ though, so he has a lot of time to improve from where he's at now.

stretch
02-12-2013, 03:08 AM
you dont even watch the guy play

ive seen enough of him to know he isn't superstar material

Agree that's pretty ridiculous. I think what I posted is his absolute max. Marion as a floor is kind of weird, they aren't the same kind of players at all.

The fact that he's so good on D means he's definitely going to be in the NBA for the next decade+ though, so he has a lot of time to improve from where he's at now.

I think he certainly has a place in the NBA, and will consistently be a solid role player, but that's about it. Nothing wrong with that though. I'd say more of a Shane Battier, Tony Allen type of player. Mostly defense, capable of putting up some points when his team needs him to, but not necessarily a scorer.

stretch
02-12-2013, 03:09 AM
oh, and 4 steals a game? that is quite a max... not sure anyone has even averaged 3 a game that i can recall

capek
02-12-2013, 03:10 AM

He's also averaging 8 more minutes a game and has taken ~400 more shots than Kawhi this season.

Kawhi's limited role is by design, and in large part due to the fact that he plays on a really good team with some really good players. Going by Kawhi's stats in comparison to other great young players will only give you a distorted picture of how he compares with them.

ffadicted
02-12-2013, 03:21 AM
Solid starter and best perim defender on a championship team imo, still havn't seen enough star material on O to convince me he's gonna have multiple all-star selections like some of your are spewing 'bout lol

hater
02-12-2013, 03:30 AM
Poor mans lebron james

Cry Havoc
02-12-2013, 03:34 AM
oh, and 4 steals a game? that is quite a max... not sure anyone has even averaged 3 a game that i can recall

:lol That part was in jest. He could be a 2+ steals per game player though.

Mal
02-12-2013, 03:36 AM
It tough times for him. If there wasnt this PED investigations, he could go Howard or LeBron path and gain 30 lbs of muslces. Since he isnt pure shooter as Durant or Melo, he could be LeBron little padawan in such matter. I mean, since LeBron add consitent jumper to his repertuar, now he is almost unstoppable. And he does not need refs assistance.

Spursfanfromafar
02-12-2013, 03:45 AM
Marion vs Leonard (first two seasons) - not too much of a difference, IMO.. considering Marion played in a team that got him a lot more touches than Leonard, who is more of a role playing defender so far. (And Marion was 22 in his second season, Kawhi is 21) -

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=leonaka01&y1=2013&p2=mariosh01&y2=2001

outmap
02-12-2013, 03:57 AM
Basement: Apathetic Gerald Wallace
Ceiling: Glen Robinson?

KL2
02-12-2013, 04:12 AM
I think he'll be a damn good payer in the NBA, his work ethic is crazy, he's really a special player.

His last year in college at age 20 his FG % was 44%, FT's 75%, 3pt 29%

His 2nd year in the NBA at age 21 his FG% is 49%, FT's 87%, 3pt 40%

As you can see that is a massive improvement within just 1 year. He is a great rebounder, and can defend positions 1-4.

His role with the Spurs is extremely limited, he's mainly a spot up shooter. You put this guy on a bad team and make him the 1st-3rd option and he's putting up around 16 PPG, 8 RPG, 2 SPG in 35mpg on high % shooting while wreaking havoc on defense.

FkLA
02-12-2013, 04:42 AM
Is the guy that said Roddy Beaubois had Nashs shot, Roses athleticism, and Parkers speed and finishing ability (after a couple of 20 pt games) really laughing at spurfan for being excited about Kawhi? The same guy that thinks Dirk was the 2nd best PF of all-time even before 2011? :lmao :lmao

FkLA
02-12-2013, 04:48 AM
ive seen enough of him to know he isn't superstar material

I think he certainly has a place in the NBA, and will consistently be a solid role player, but that's about it. Nothing wrong with that though. I'd say more of a Shane Battier, Tony Allen type of player. Mostly defense, capable of putting up some points when his team needs him to, but not necessarily a scorer.

You fucking liar. :lol

You clearly have not seen much of him if youre comparing him to good/elite defensive players that are very limited offensively. Battier averaged more than 10.1 ppg once in his career, same with Tony Allen. Kawhi will match that in his second yr as a 21 year old. Not only that but at 21 years old his handles and pick and roll game are already alot better than Allens and Battiers ever were. What a dumbass take tbh. :lol

Dinamita
02-12-2013, 05:45 AM
Ceiling: Trevor Ariza

Reck
02-12-2013, 05:48 AM

Did the Lakers win or something? Why are you here cretin?

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2013, 06:08 AM

i dont think KL does anything different from paul george

KL has a better shot selection deccision making than Paul, paul sometimes gets a bit to excited with the jumpshot that he fails to realize theres a mismatch in height that he can abuse...he rarely goes inside and start drawing fouls, thats where the money is

stretch
02-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Is the guy that said Roddy Beaubois had Nashs shot, Roses athleticism, and Parkers speed and finishing ability (after a couple of 20 pt games) really laughing at spurfan for being excited about Kawhi? The same guy that thinks Dirk was the 2nd best PF of all-time even before 2011? :lmao :lmao

one of my rather rare but incredibly large failures tbh lol

You fucking liar. :lol

You clearly have not seen much of him if youre comparing him to good/elite defensive players that are very limited offensively. Battier averaged more than 10.1 ppg once in his career, same with Tony Allen. Kawhi will match that in his second yr as a 21 year old. Not only that but at 21 years old his handles and pick and roll game are already alot better than Allens and Battiers ever were. What a dumbass take tbh. :lol

Point is, he will never be some superstar level player like suggested. He is better offensively than both of those guys, although not sure if he is as good defensively as they have proven to be over the years. They both have proven they can find ways to consistently bother elite offensive players, even Kobe at times. Not sure I've seen that from Leonard yet.

Leonard will be a role player for his career. A pretty good one, but a role player nonetheless.

:lmao superstar

DMC
02-12-2013, 12:06 PM
The coaches and trainers don't know, how the fuck do you expect anyone here would?

DMC
02-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Allstar? You cannot even get Tim or Tony voted in and Tony is in the MVP talk. They had to be appointed by the coaches. No way a a non-monkeyballer in SA is going to get voted into the AS game.

Chinook
02-12-2013, 12:19 PM
I love Kawhi's game as much as the next person, but he's not even consistently better than Danny Green yet. He has a long way to go.

Best case scenario, he makes the post-Big Three Spurs entertaining to watch, but he isn't good enough to keep them from getting a couple of high draft picks to rebuild.

FkLA
02-12-2013, 01:15 PM
one of my rather rare but incredibly large failures tbh lol

Theyre not rare. Your Dirk takes have always been some of the worst, most homerish takes here tbh.

Point is, he will never be some superstar level player like suggested. He is better offensively than both of those guys, although not sure if he is as good defensively as they have proven to be over the years. They both have proven they can find ways to consistently bother elite offensive players, even Kobe at times. Not sure I've seen that from Leonard yet.

Leonard will be a role player for his career. A pretty good one, but a role player nonetheless.

:lmao superstar

I never said he was superstar material. Im simply letting you know you should probably watch a guy play on a consistent basis before making such retarded comparisons. And no shit Leonard hasnt shown you what Battier and Allen have defensively yet, hes only 21 years old...thats probably why the thread is talking about his ceiling in the future not the present.

FkLA
02-12-2013, 01:18 PM
I love Kawhi's game as much as the next person, but he's not even consistently better than Danny Green yet. He has a long way to go.

Best case scenario, he makes the post-Big Three Spurs entertaining to watch, but he isn't good enough to keep them from getting a couple of high draft picks to rebuild.

He isnt as good as Green according to who? Danny is a better 3 point shooter but thats about it tbh.

Chinook
02-12-2013, 01:22 PM
He isnt as good as Green according to who? Danny is a better 3 point shooter but thats about it tbh.

He's not consistently better than Green, no. Green's had many better defensive games than Leonard has. Kawhi really seems to excel against large two-guards and small-forwards who play like guards. Leonard gets the nod on potential, but he often lacks Green's hustle, which is actually really important on defense.

FkLA
02-12-2013, 01:36 PM
He's not consistently better than Green, no. Green's had many better defensive games than Leonard has. Kawhi really seems to excel against large two-guards and small-forwards who play like guards. Leonard gets the nod on potential, but he often lacks Green's hustle, which is actually really important on defense.

I have to disagree. Neither are very consistent imo, Green has his share of dumb mental lapses on defense as well. I like him but I think its clear hes alot more limited than Leonard...Kawhi has alot more in his offensive repertoire. Hes a better rebounder and great at ripping players. Solid man to man defender. I dont see how he lacks hustle either, I have never seen Leonard not play hard or take a play off tbh.

Chinook
02-12-2013, 02:02 PM
I have to disagree. Neither are very consistent imo, Green has his share of dumb mental lapses on defense as well. I like him but I think its clear hes alot more limited than Leonard...Kawhi has alot more in his offensive repertoire. Hes a better rebounder and great at ripping players. Solid man to man defender. I dont see how he lacks hustle either, I have never seen Leonard not play hard or take a play off tbh.

They are definitely both inconsistent. It's been great that their inconsistency is such that one is usually one at any given time. I'm not saying Leonard lack normal hustle. He couldn't be an effective rebounder if he did. But he's not the same ball-pressure defender that Green is. He's had great moments doing so, though. He fights through screens better than Green does, and he had been length. Green is good a getting steals on the ball and getting blocks off the ball, while Leonard gets his mostly on the ball.

They're definitely different players. Both have a lot of growing to do, and if they are allowed to stay together, they can develop into a really good tandem (as they showed last night). But on any given night, it's a crapshoot on which one is going to bring it on either end of the floor. That's why I don't think Leonard is consistently better yet.

Brunodf
02-12-2013, 02:10 PM
17/8/5/2 with great D.

cheguevara
02-12-2013, 02:52 PM
I love Kawhi's game as much as the next person, but he's not even consistently better than Danny Green yet.

:lmao :lmao

Danny Green? take the 3pt off this scrub and you got pretty much a pedestrian NBA Player. Kawhi bring elite defense every damn night. :rolleyes

Chinook
02-12-2013, 03:20 PM

Danny Green? take the 3pt off this scrub and you got pretty much a pedestrian NBA Player. Kawhi bring elite defense every damn night. :rolleyes

So apparently you don't watch the games. Leonard has great defensive potential, but he definitely does NOT bring elite defense every night, or even most nights.

And Green being pedestrian without his three-pointer is news to me. I'd think he'd be down-right horrible.

ambchang
02-12-2013, 04:22 PM
I would be pleasantly surprised if he can make more than 1 Allstat game, or even one for that matter. Leonard is a fantastic role player, but I am just not sold on him being able to carry a team on offense and defense.
Perhaps a few all-d teams in his future, a very poor man's version of a Sidney moncrief would incredible.

Cry Havoc
02-12-2013, 04:53 PM
So apparently you don't watch the games. Leonard has great defensive potential, but he definitely does NOT bring elite defense every night, or even most nights.

And Green being pedestrian without his three-pointer is news to me. I'd think he'd be down-right horrible.

Leonard is usually at least solid/good defensively. You can't tell me the same thing goes for Green. Exceptional nights for Danny are typical nights for Kawhi on D.

Green does get a lot of ridiculous hate though. It's obvious the guy can stroke the 3.

Chinook
02-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Leonard is usually at least solid/good defensively. You can't tell me the same thing goes for Green. Exceptional nights for Danny are typical nights for Kawhi on D.

Green does get a lot of ridiculous hate though. It's obvious the guy can stroke the 3.

Leonard's ceiling is higher, but he usually doesn't come close to being as good as Green is on Green's "exceptional nights." Go back and look at timvp's grades if you don't believe me. You'll see a lot of them showing how Leonard would be relatively ineffective in him man defense. That was the case in most of the games where he was racking up his steals. As I said above, Kawhi and Danny have different defensive strengths. Before Green's recent defensive drought, he was consistently the Spurs' best perimeter defender. Well, as consistent as Green can be at anything.

You'll get no argument from me that Leonard's best nights are truly magnificent. He's been able to really affect players like Durant. But Green has also flat-out erased some good guards this year. If he can get back to that in addition to becoming more consistent from three and continuing to expand his drive game, I think he will have reached his ceiling. But he'd be a fine player and a legitimate starter on most teams.

Brunodf
02-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Leonard's ceiling is higher, but he usually doesn't come close to being as good as Green is on Green's "exceptional nights." Go back and look at timvp's grades if you don't believe me. You'll see a lot of them showing how Leonard would be relatively ineffective in him man defense. That was the case in most of the games where he was racking up his steals. As I said above, Kawhi and Danny have different defensive strengths. Before Green's recent defensive drought, he was consistently the Spurs' best perimeter defender. Well, as consistent as Green can be at anything.

You'll get no argument from me that Leonard's best nights are truly magnificent. He's been able to really affect players like Durant. But Green has also flat-out erased some good guards this year. If he can get back to that in addition to becoming more consistent from three and continuing to expand his drive game, I think he will have reached his ceiling. But he'd be a fine player and a legitimate starter on most teams.

:nope Ginobili/Kawhi.

Chinook
02-12-2013, 05:55 PM
:nope Ginobili/Kawhi.

That's just not true. Ginobili was doing a good job, though. He's been hurt for a good portion of the time I was talking about, anyway.

RudyRay
02-12-2013, 07:36 PM
I think Kawahi will be an all-star but not a superstar. I can see him consistently averaging around 18 and 10. I see him more as a second option type player.

Latarian Milton
02-13-2013, 01:24 AM
dude needs to develop a consistent 3pt shooting skill to be considered a legit all-star player. he's no more than a solid role player as of now imho.

apalisoc_9
02-13-2013, 10:29 PM
dude needs to develop a consistent 3pt shooting skill to be considered a legit all-star player. he's no more than a solid role player as of now imho.

3pt winner.

99 Problems
02-13-2013, 11:46 PM
Well today was the birth of 3 point KL. Even better a clutch KL.

Jeff Van Gundy
02-14-2013, 12:13 AM

:lol he also said stupid shit about dominique jones too.

spursncowboys
02-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Don't know if anyone posted this.

Pop
I think [Leonard] going to be a star. And as time goes on, he’ll be the face of the Spurs I think. At both ends of the court, he is really a special player. And what makes me be so confident about him is that he wants it so badly. He wants to be a good player, I mean a great player. He comes early, he stays late, and he’s coachable, he’s just like a sponge. When you consider he’s only had one year of college and no training camp yet, you can see that he’s going to be something else.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/09/04/can-leonard-really-be-the-face-of-the-spurs/

xellos88330
02-14-2013, 03:15 AM
Currently he is a solid role player. Looking at what kind of player he was in college and how his game improved going into the best basketball league in the world, I cannot help but believe he is an all-star in the making. I think Kawhi needs to get much better at creating space for his own shot (maybe something like a step back jumper... it could open up a deadly hesitation dribble), and finish at a much higher clip around the rim on his first attempt. His interior passing could also use work. I believe defensively, he just needs a little bit more consistency. If he can develop a couple of those things, then he is a sure fire all star and possible superstar depending on how the coach decides to use him.

spurraider21
02-14-2013, 03:34 AM
it depends on where you draw the line between all star and superstar. granted, this isn't a Kawhi career trajectory prediction thread, but rather, his ceiling aka the best he could POSSIBLY be. if you're going by ceiling, sure, why not superstar? I'm looking at the Bulls game and thinking how much he can do with a post game and an even further polished mid range shot. he could easily be better than Rudy Gay, for example

TDMVPDPOY
02-14-2013, 04:01 AM
lol comparing KL to matrix, wtf is this shit...

the only person in matrix lifetime that he ever shut down was lebron james and nobody else, this guy is overrated as hell...

if he was that damn good on defense, the suns wouldve gotten pass the spurs from 05-07,

Latarian Milton
02-14-2013, 09:18 AM
lol comparing KL to matrix, wtf is this shit...

the only person in matrix lifetime that he ever shut down was lebron james and nobody else, this guy is overrated as hell...

if he was that damn good on defense, the suns wouldve gotten pass the spurs from 05-07,
are you saying lebron is overrated, or that marion was overrated because he shut down the league's best two players (bron and durant) in the same year almost single-handedly?

dbreiden83080
02-14-2013, 09:40 AM
All star. Maybe 20 PPG game player that is a monster on D.. Rare to have both in this league..

Brazil
02-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Best player in the nba tbh :lol

TDMVPDPOY
02-14-2013, 10:38 AM
are you saying lebron is overrated, or that marion was overrated because he shut down the league's best two players (bron and durant) in the same year almost single-handedly?

there are guys who been doing it for their whole career, this clown has one good run, all of a sudden his untouchable....

DMC
02-14-2013, 06:13 PM
It's hard to say. People had high hopes for Blair as well after a "breakout game" by him. We'll see. It has to do with how he approaches the game, and how much the trainers fuck up his natural abilities by teaching him solid fundamentals.

FkLA
03-12-2013, 02:47 AM
bump

Kawhi had that fire in his eyes tonight tbh !!

hater
03-12-2013, 02:50 AM
Poor mans lebron james

FkLA
03-12-2013, 02:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f88RnF7NlaE

Also lol at comparing a guy who is capable of doing shit like this^ to Shane Battier. I have never seen a poster consistently pump out retarded takes like stretch does tbh. :lol

spurraider21
03-12-2013, 03:56 AM
A better Iguodala?

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2013, 04:01 AM
more like pistons ghill or knicks spree

OKC
03-12-2013, 06:51 AM
I like Leonard. A VERY similar game he plays to that of Sefolosha..agree? Great defender, often overlooked on offense, shoot limited 3 pointers but at a high %..slashes to the rim on occassion.

Brazil
03-12-2013, 07:31 AM
I like Leonard. A VERY similar game he plays to that of Sefolosha..agree? Great defender, often overlooked on offense, shoot limited 3 pointers but at a high %..slashes to the rim on occassion.

his ceiling is higher than Sefo, no hit to Sefo I'm a fan of him but Leonard is doing stuff at his age Sefo never did. His ball handling is surprisingly good, he can create his own shot, his mid range jumper is looking good...

I like hater poor mans lebron yeah sounds about right

Captivus
03-12-2013, 07:37 AM
He is a keeper!

LnGrrrR
03-12-2013, 07:49 AM
I wish this poll was public. That said, I voted all-star. Not perennial all-star, but one or two years.

DMC
03-12-2013, 07:51 AM

He's probably a bit higher than Encephalosha.

OKC
03-12-2013, 07:56 AM
He's probably a bit higher than Encephalosha.

Probably. He's more athletic, for sure. Right now though his game reminds me a lot of Thabo's. Thabo at that age was a horrendous 3 point shooter. So bad I cringed everytime he shot it. His improvement there is incredible. Most people don't realize he's at about 42% combined over all of last year and this year. I still laugh when people refer to him as an offensive liability when he's shooting that %.

Killakobe81
03-12-2013, 07:59 AM
I wish this poll was public. That said, I voted all-star. Not perennial all-star, but one or two years.

This. I say fringe all-star maybe he gets a few maybe he just misses a few times ...
Still think a young robert Horry is about as close as I can think of at the moment. I think he is a better defender than Bob was but Horry was a pretty darn good defender just not as good against perimter guys ... but he had prettty good hops and length a la KL.

Maybe a young Tayshaun Prince on defense ...prime Horry on offense?

Chinook
03-12-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm sticking with my original take. I think Leonard is going to be the Al Horford of small-forwards. He'll be in the All-Star conversation and be a solid championship piece, but the Spurs will not win a championship with him as their best player. Sort of like what Paul George or Luol Deng are doing, but probably better than Deng.

UNCLE-DREW
03-12-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm sticking with my original take. I think Leonard is going to be the Al Horford of small-forwards. He'll be in the All-Star conversation and be a solid championship piece, but the Spurs will not win a championship with him as their best player. Sort of like what Paul George or Luol Deng are doing, but probably better than Deng.

aslong as there are powerhouses like miami and last years thunder (i'm not sold on them come playoff time without harden yet) players like that and even "lonely superstars" as for example rose will not win a tittle instead over those multiple superstar teams

DAF86
03-12-2013, 11:24 AM

Nope, Leonard is a plamaker, Sefolosha is just a defender/role player.

Chinook
03-12-2013, 11:34 AM
aslong as there are powerhouses like miami and last years thunder (i'm not sold on them come playoff time without harden yet) players like that and even "lonely superstars" as for example rose will not win a tittle instead over those multiple superstar teams

That's probably true. But we'll see how long superteams last after the Lebron generation of superstars declines. If the new CBA does what it's supposed to do, then a team like Houston with Lin/Harden/Parsons/Josh Smith/Asik may be the closest thing to a superteam in three years. OKC may still be great then, but I don't think they'd be much better than a team with a fully actualized Leonard and a legitimate superstar (like Leonard and Irving, or something).

Chinook
03-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Nope, Leonard is a plamaker, Sefolosha is just a defender/role player.

Danny Green with less playmaking, better defense, but worse shooting. No reason why Green can't end up being better than Thabo.

Halberto
03-12-2013, 01:44 PM
lol at OKC's comparison to Sefolosha

You fucking kidding me? Shows your limited knowledge about anything outside of your own team.

MR-Clutch
03-12-2013, 02:01 PM
James worthy with a 3pt shot.

hater
03-12-2013, 02:53 PM
:lol thabo? Dudes handles suck. When is d last time he crossed anybody over?

Ace
03-12-2013, 03:00 PM
He could possibly be an all-star but definitely not a superstar. Doesn't have elite skill or athleticism to reach that level. He is a solid role player because of his defense and the offense he has shown. Just whether he can be an all-star has yet to be seen.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-12-2013, 03:00 PM
lol at OKC's thabo comparison

when has thabo done the rocker step pull up jumper and fade away jumper?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXemx5E9t20

Floyd Pacquiao
03-12-2013, 03:15 PM
http://uppix.net/9/d/2/29d1fcb9bc649cf415efc96d7416d.gif

Cry Havoc
03-12-2013, 03:38 PM

God Bulls announcers are boring. He sounds like he's falling asleep, or he hates basketball. Gets a little better toward the end of the reel though.

KL2
03-12-2013, 03:49 PM
I thought all star would be his ceiling but now I think he can become a superstar, how you going to guard a guy like him? Too big and strong for most SF's, too fast and quick for most PF's. Not only can he create his own shot in a variety of ways but he takes high % shots, and plays like a vet. He's just 21 and it's pretty much his rookie year.

Anyone who hasn't seen him play watch highlights of him vs the Bulls, he is starting to do this practically every game consistently. Shows off some but not all his moves.

Arcadian
03-12-2013, 03:53 PM
I don't see him as a superstar because superstars are usually players who come into the league, and you instantly know they will be superstars. There are exceptions to that, but it's relatively rare.

You could make the argument that he would look more like a superstar on other teams. Maybe his limited role with the Spurs is actually inhibiting him...but maybe not. Maybe it's actually helping him develop. So who knows? All we have to go by is his current play, and he looks like a future All-Star at best.

And that's not a criticism in any way. There can only be one or two superstars in the league at any given position. Right now, the superstar SFs are James and Durant. So unless he's going to be as good as them, he's not looking like a "superstar."

Dro210
03-12-2013, 04:02 PM

Hell yea! I've been saying this since early in the season. Cant believe more people dont mention it. Scottie was probably a better playmaker at this point, but Kawhi is definitely a better shooter at the early stages of their careers.

stretch
03-12-2013, 04:31 PM
:rolleyes

FkLA
03-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Roddy B has Nashs shot, Roses athleticism, and Parkers speed and finishing ability.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-12-2013, 04:46 PM

And to put things into perspective this is Leonard doing work on Deng and Taj Gibson.

Brunodf
03-12-2013, 04:49 PM

:lolAll star and all defensive team L.Deng

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
ive been lobbyin for youth movement and giving him the keys end of last season, yet clowns upstairs love the big 3 too much t o make the change

lol wankers upstairs riding the pine

stretch
03-12-2013, 05:09 PM
kawhi leonard = superstar

Robz4000
03-12-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm thinking some mix of Paul George and Iggy (poor man's Lebron would be amazing). Leonard is probably gonna be a perennial All-Star (5-6 AS games) provided his health holds up. He has underrated athleticism, a great feel for the game, and an extremely strong worth ethic. The fact he's improved this much in a year with a limited role is astounding. He might become a borderline-superstar but that's only if the league's talent pool remains as bad as it is now.

Blake
03-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Leonard's ceiling is slightly higher than Sean Fuck the Lakers.

I'll give him a 4 coaches vote all star ceiling.

Blake
03-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Also lol at comparing a guy who is capable of doing shit like this^ to Shane Battier. I have never seen a poster consistently pump out retarded takes like stretch does tbh. :lol

Don't sell your retardedness short.

Remember det time you said jail> couch?

FkLA
03-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Don't sell your retardedness short.

Remember det time you said jail> couch?

Nah I said a temporary, short jail stint>forever being a spineless cuck. Dont be dishonest now.

Ace
03-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Scottie Pippen? :lmao

jeebus
03-12-2013, 05:59 PM
I know! Scottie is a poor man's version of Kawhi. Almost a North Korean version.

007nites
03-12-2013, 06:01 PM
19ppg, 7rpg, 3-4apg

Will probably be his ceiling in terms of stats

BatManu20
03-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Yea let's not get carried away here.. He's a great young player, but Scottie Pippen? lol no. Let's not forget Kawhi benefits playing on a good team where he's the 4th or 5th option. I think he's got 3 or 4 All-Star games in him if he stays healthy. He's only 21. But comparing him to one of the 50 greatest players of all-time at this point is silly.

Dro210
03-12-2013, 06:30 PM

You can laugh, but the Per36 minute numbers at similar age/stage of careers, matchup. Especially if you adjust to the fact that Scottie had the ball in his hands more with opportunity to make plays, and took shots at a higher rate. Like I said, Pip's a better playmaker, Whi's a better shooter. The roles are different, but the players are very comparable in my eyes.

I can admit I love the Spurs and Leonard and think especially high of him, but I was a huge Bulls fan and Pippen fan during that era as well, and saw nearly every game he played from 92-98. Time skews things, but i tend to favor the old school, so I'm not making that comparison blind by any means.

FkLA
03-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Their game and physique are similar but thats about it, man. Pip was able to do most of the things we marvel at with Kawhi, but at a really high level. Way too early to call him the next Pippen.

KL2
03-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Let's not forget Kawhi benefits playing on a good team where he's the 4th or 5th option.

That is actually holding him back, since being made from a spot up shooter to a 3rd-4th option he's been averaging around 15ppg in still a limited amount of attempts. Think of James Harden not being able to shine because of playing behind Durant and Westbrick.

If he was a 1st option on a bad team he'd be averaging around 18+ PPG. It's also best to think of this season as his rookie season, least year he had no training camp and very limited practice.

stretch
03-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Time skews things, but i tend to favor the old school, so I'm not making that comparison blind by any means.

It's not a blind comparison.

It's a retarded comparison.

Ace
03-12-2013, 07:19 PM
It's not a blind comparison.

It's a retarded comparison.

This

Blake
03-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Nah I said a temporary, short jail stint>forever being a spineless cuck. Dont be dishonest now.

Except that breaking and entering + assault isn't a short jail stint.

You're still retarded.

Smh utsa

Dro210
03-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Their game and physique are similar but thats about it, man. Pip was able to do most of the things we marvel at with Kawhi, but at a really high level. Way too early to call him the next Pippen.

I'm not calling him Pippen yet, I'm saying he can be that. Pippen was fucking awesome, but so is Kawhi. I'm not comparing 2nd year, 21 year old Kawhi to prime time 94-95 Pip here. He's got time to continue to develop, and with what he's shown us already, I have no reason to believe he's gonna stop developing at a rapid rate.

FkLA
03-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Except that breaking and entering + assault isn't a short jail stint.

You're still retarded.

Smh utsa

It can be for a first time offender who has otherwise been an upstanding member of society. Probation is a very realistic possibility.

smh trying to justify being a spineless cuck

I'm not calling him Pippen yet, I'm saying he can be that. Pippen was fucking awesome, but so is Kawhi. I'm not comparing 2nd year, 21 year old Kawhi to prime time 94-95 Pip here. He's got time to continue to develop, and with what he's shown us already, I have no reason to believe he's gonna stop developing at a rapid rate.

I get that but it would take alot for him to ever reach Pippens level imo. I think a poor mans Pipp is more realistic, similar game and can do alot of things Pipp could do as a Point-Forward but just not at the same elite level.

Samuel Eto'o
03-12-2013, 07:47 PM
I can admit I love the Spurs and Leonard and think especially high of him, but I was a huge Bulls fan and Pippen fan during that era as well, and saw nearly every game he played from 92-98.

Oh. I see whats going on here.

Dro210
03-12-2013, 08:10 PM
I get that but it would take alot for him to ever reach Pippens level imo. I think a poor mans Pipp is more realistic, similar game and can do alot of things Pipp could do as a Point-Forward but just not at the same elite level.

Fair enough, definitely more realistic I guess... I'm swinging for the fences with my prediction tho.

ginobilized
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Kawhi shows shades of James Worthy, Scottie Pippen and a young Julius Erving. The way he lets the game come to him and stays within the system is amazing for a player of his age, talent and NBA experience. If he continues to improve like he has and manages to stay healthy, superstar is his ceiling.

Spursfanfromafar
03-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Fair enough, definitely more realistic I guess... I'm swinging for the fences with my prediction tho.

Its what stands out when Kawhi is at his best, right? Here's the comparison from Bball-ref -

http://bkref.com/tiny/pBWUt

Rk
Player
From
To
G
MP
PER
TS%
eFG%
ORB%
DRB%
TRB%
AST%
STL%
BLK%
TOV%
USG%
ORtg
DRtg
OWS
DWS
WS
WS/48

Kawhi Leonard (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html)

Scottie Pippen (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/pippesc01.html)*

Kawhi's advanced metrics match up well with Scottie's in his first two seasons. There is still a long ways to go for Kawhi to get to even close to half Scottie's development in his next seasons, but the potential is certainly there.

Dro210
03-12-2013, 10:33 PM
^Sweet, thanks for posting the stat comparrison like that... I mean, the numbers don't lie. The stats are very similar, while Kawhi honestly kinda blows him away in efficiency at this point in their careers. Scottie's TO and foul rate are much higher, shooting percentages across the board are way lower, defensive rating, offensive rating, win shares all favor Kawhi significantly.

And he's 2 years younger at this point

Blake
03-13-2013, 09:01 AM
It can be for a first time offender who has otherwise been an upstanding member of society. Probation is a very realistic possibility.

smh trying to justify being a spineless cuck

You don't understand what a felony conviction is, do you, retard.

It's better to admit you don't and ask questions about it than to pretend you know anything more than what you've seen on TV.

Rockett's days as a roadrunner are most likely done. You yourself could be sent back to Mexico forever.

Smh utsa.

FkLA
03-13-2013, 05:12 PM
You don't understand what a felony conviction is, do you, retard.

It's better to admit you don't and ask questions about it than to pretend you know anything more than what you've seen on TV.

Rockett's days as a roadrunner are most likely done. You yourself could be sent back to Mexico forever.

Smh utsa.

Are you implying probation isnt an option with felonies, cuck?

:cry I didnt want to get in trouble so I just sat back and watched my wife get fucked in front of me, who cares if it makes me a cuck:cry

Richie
03-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Ceiling is superstar, but players rarely reach their ceiling. I'd say legit 2nd option on a championship option should be attainable.

Calispursfan11
03-13-2013, 06:16 PM
He's shown flashes of Tmac and Pippen, maybe minus the offense as of right now, but I predict he's gonna be an allstar in the next 2-3 years and if he remins healthy he will be a perennial allstar.

apalisoc_9
03-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Defensively, I think he could one day become the most versatile/best defender in the league.

apalisoc_9
04-04-2013, 11:20 PM
24-14-6

HI-FI
04-04-2013, 11:21 PM
nigga is gonna be special.

FkLA
04-04-2013, 11:23 PM
STUD

BatManu20
04-04-2013, 11:29 PM
He's a beast, plain and simple. And he's still only 21. Crazy.

ElNono
04-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Hope those knees hold up. Looking good.

TDMVPDPOY
04-04-2013, 11:33 PM
wasting his career playing behind 3tosb and bench of 1 dimensional players who only specified in certain skillset only...

Robz4000
04-04-2013, 11:34 PM
wasting his career playing behind 3tosb and bench of 1 dimensional players who only specified in certain skillset only...

It'll only be one more year son, then he'll be set loose.

TrainOfThought5
04-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Parker Kawhi and Baynes will create a potent attack as the next generation of spurs, Tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
04-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Parker Kawhi and Baynes will create a potent attack as the next generation of spurs, Tbh.

u mention the frog who loves to dissappear in big games, lol fake ass leader taking this team to nowhere...seriously man ppl should stop mentioning that clown anywhere near KL

Robz4000
04-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Tony can bet he leader as long as he defers to Kawhi when it matters tbh, ala Jason Kidd.

TDMVPDPOY
04-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Tony can bet he leader as long as he defers to Kawhi when it matters tbh, ala Jason Kidd.

now when was the time he defer to anyone?

the only time he defers is when his out injured, which i hope to see more of, or KL going to another team....his too damn good to be playing behind a fake ass leader

Robz4000
04-04-2013, 11:58 PM
This is Tony and Tim's team right now whether or not it SHOULD be Leonard leading it (as long as TD is a Spur he's the leader). Pop encourages Tony to do what he does when the game's on the line. In a couple seasons when Leonard takes over Tony will defer.

FkLA
06-12-2013, 01:10 AM

:lmao stretch

AchillesHeel
06-12-2013, 01:13 AM
Kawhi's a great defender, I haven't seen anyone do a better job on Lebron in the playoffs since Bowen in 07 Finals.

Trainwreck2100
06-12-2013, 01:18 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/95tmkw.gif

TYBL

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2013, 01:33 AM
his doing a better job t het paul george atm defending lebron

dude seriously got robbed of a all defensive team selection...

his offense, has shown me enough that he could beat his man off the dribble and attack the rim...too bad the spurs dont allow him the green card to play more iso

Reck
06-12-2013, 01:35 AM
LOL Grit and Grind.

dg7md
06-12-2013, 04:12 AM
He'll make some All-Star games, maybe two or so.

But he'll be a large component of our success going forward, most importantly. :toast

99 Problems
06-12-2013, 04:48 AM
Basement for Leonard as he grows - Shawn Marion.

In reality Pippen would have done no better on Bron so far this series. The kid is growing into a monster b4 our eyes. Sometime down the track when Pop gives him the scoring green light watch out. Pippen not out of the question tbh.

midnightpulp
06-12-2013, 05:36 AM
Leonard is every bit as good of a rebounder as Pippen. Obviously his perimeter defense, while top 10 in the league, is nowhere near Scottie's, the greatest perimeter defender of all-time, but if he puts in the work, he could very well be the best or second best perimeter defender in the NBA. Offensively, it's tough to tell what kind of potential he has since his scoring role is limited with the Spurs. I don't ever see him becoming an elite scorer, since he lacks the footspeed and freakish athleticism of the league's best wings, but he can still be an effective 15-18ppg scorer because of his length, offensive rebounding prowess, and ever improving fundamentals (see: turn around jumper in Game 1. A move he didn't have at the beginning of the year).

Leonard's ceiling is probably a "middle-class" Scottie Pippen, which is nothing to scoff at.

He's already better than Battier and Tony Allen ever was, though.

LkrFan
06-12-2013, 05:42 AM
By next year he should be no worst than 3rd option. If that happens he should post numbers like:

13-15 ppg
7-9 rpg
3-5 apg
2-3 spg

midnightpulp
06-12-2013, 05:50 AM
By next year he should be no worst than 3rd option. If that happens he should post numbers like:

13-15 ppg
7-9 rpg
3-5 apg
2-3 spg

He's from Riverside. Grew up a Lakers fan.

Do it, Mitch?

LkrFan
06-12-2013, 05:53 AM
He's from Riverside. Grew up a Lakers fan.

Do it, Mitch?
MWP for KL - take it or leave it s:loln

midnightpulp
06-12-2013, 05:57 AM
MWP for KL - take it or leave it s:loln

:lol

You do have a nice, young SF in Earl Clark, though. I think the Lakers need to take next year off so to speak and develop their young guys. Clark and Glock got some upside, but it's tough to develop youth when you're in constant "championship or bust" mode. Kobe should also not rush himself back and let these young guys own the floor for a half the season.

LkrFan
06-12-2013, 06:22 AM

You do have a nice, young SF in Earl Clark, though. I think the Lakers need to take next year off so to speak and develop their young guys. Clark and Glock got some upside, but it's tough to develop youth when you're in constant "championship or bust" mode. Kobe should also not rush himself back and let these young guys own the floor for a half the season.
Agreed. I like Clark, but I'm not sure how much of last year was a fluke. He did show flashes though. I hope his inconsistencies allow MK to re-sign him on the cheap.

On a separate note, I'm hoping Kobe retires (considering the bolded). There's nothing left for him to prove and the Lakers need to move forward. If he wins #6 it won't do much more for his legacy - which is cemented already. His NTC, stubborn ways, and the strong possibility of him not coming back 100% anyway will prevent us from developing players for the future. We'll have to cut the Kobe-umbilical cord one day. The sooner the better IMO.

Brazil
06-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Kawhi's a great defender, I haven't seen anyone do a better job on Lebron in the playoffs since Bowen in 07 Finals.

Back in the days, Pietrus was defending him great also

TrainOfThought5
06-21-2013, 12:18 AM
I voted for All Star... I may have sold him short.

apalisoc_9
06-21-2013, 08:36 AM
lmaol at thinking Kawhi is a role player at best.

JamStone
06-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Tough to say. As well as he played, I find it hard to see him being the #1 or #2 option on a title contending team. I think he fits really nicely as a third or fourth option on a great team though. And because he does other things well besides being the primary scorer like defend, rebound, and hit open shots, he should have a nice, long career. For his future, I think he's a borderline all star, maybe one who gets shafted a few times because forwards who average 25+ PPG may get the nod over him. I don't see him as a superstar. I think Shawn Marion is a fair comparison. Not that his game is necessarily like Marion's, but he might be able to put up similar numbers and get similar honors. In his prime, Marion was a 19/10 type of guy, and he had 4 all star selections and a couple third team all NBA honors. Add a few defensive honors for Kawhi and I think that could be what his future looks like.

But for me, a superstar is a guy who will take over a game or a playoff series offensively. All of the responsibility and pressure is on him to make it happen. I don't know if I see that one-on-one ability and consistent offensive explosiveness from Kawhi. I think things are much different when you become the primary focus of an NBA defense. But if he remains in the role of third option on offense and do-it-all defender, I think he will continue to excel.

DAF86
06-10-2014, 11:55 PM

:lmao

At the thought of Tony Allen doing what Kawhi did tonight going against Lebron in a crucial NBA finals game. :lol

DAF86
06-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Kawhi is just the third player in the 3pt era to score 29 pts on an NBA finals game at the age of 22. The other two? Former superstars Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant.

Franklin
06-11-2014, 12:17 AM
My nigga LeonGod is gonna establish himself as a legit superstar after this series tbh.

:lol thinking his ceiling is the prime Josh Howard
:lol me

Spursfanfromafar
06-11-2014, 06:30 AM
I feel like Nostradamus when I see this thread on Kawhi.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2014, 07:06 AM
his ceiling depends on enrique

- depends on green light to chuck...diaw says green and patty has the green, unfortunately kawhi doesnt

- him and green were goto players in college, force to be role players on a tosb team or playing behind a chucker...

- wasting his variety skill set to be a spot up shooter when open...

- has shown the ability can score at will when posting up

- needs more respect from refs to allow him to play physical straight up

- 2way player being held back in favor for chuckers who dont play a lick of defense

- whatever happen to pops system must play defense to get court time, instead everyone vs enrique is different law

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2014, 09:08 AM
hey kawhi making all defensive 2nd team....does that mean his next contract he can bargain upto 130%?

i know the spurs going to low ball him, like they did with jax, neal, green, and soon kawhi, patty, diaw contract is up and looking for increase pay...

Franklin
06-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Kawhi is a borderline superstar like the prime Josh imho, something between superstar and role player. Dude is well worth 10m/yr and there'll surely be teams willing to offer him even more than that. Spurs FO must be kicking themselves for giving that big white trash Splitter 9m a year tbh.

Seventyniner
06-12-2014, 10:54 AM
I feel like Nostradamus when I see this thread on Kawhi.

Nostradamus made a shitload of incorrect predictions, you know.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Kawhi is a borderline superstar like the prime Josh imho, something between superstar and role player. Dude is well worth 10m/yr and there'll surely be teams willing to offer him even more than that. Spurs FO must be kicking themselves for giving that big white trash Splitter 9m a year tbh.

on any rebuilding team with no structure his worth more then 10m, ur tellin me his not worth more or a batter player then these guys who are gettin paid/askin max
-gordon haywood is asking for max,
-lance stephenson starting price is 8m
-john wall the scrub got max
-irving is gettin 90m max contract
-chandler fans thinks chandler is worth +10
-paul george got max

most of those guys i take KL over any of them, give him the green light and you see his stats go up then the usual stats expected from a role player

parker is on 13m atm for a 1 dimensional pg player, KL is a 2way player who could be something more t hen enrique

i dont know whose coatriding who, but the 3tosb wankers on the team are clearly coatriding kl

Killakobe81
06-12-2014, 11:10 AM
on any rebuilding team with no structure his worth more then 10m, ur tellin me his not worth more or a batter player then these guys who are gettin paid/askin max
-gordon haywood is asking for max,
-lance stephenson starting price is 8m
-john wall the scrub got max
-irving is gettin 90m max contract
-chandler fans thinks chandler is worth +10
-paul george got max

most of those guys i take KL over any of them, give him the green light and you see his stats go up then the usual stats expected from a role player

parker is on 13m atm for a 1 dimensional pg player, KL is a 2way player who could be something more t hen enrique

i dont know whose coatriding who, but the 3tosb wankers on the team are clearly coatriding kl

I would also take him first in this year's draft

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2014, 11:10 AM
how many players would trade their career start for kawhi,

3yrs in the league
wcf
finals
finals

damn nearly had 1championship +1fmvp but enrique said no, not this time buddy, my way or the highway

DAF86
06-15-2014, 10:07 PM
Tony Allen wanabe just won finals MVP :lmao

lefty
06-15-2014, 10:09 PM

lefty
06-15-2014, 10:09 PM
:lol pacers

Chinook
06-15-2014, 10:22 PM

Lol. Winning fMVP is pretty much the defintion of this, but I didn't mean it like that. Whatever. I'll accept getting that wrong.

KL2
06-15-2014, 11:00 PM
I thought all star would be his ceiling but now I think he can become a superstar, how you going to guard a guy like him? Too big and strong for most SF's, too fast and quick for most PF's. Not only can he create his own shot in a variety of ways but he takes high % shots, and plays like a vet. He's just 21 and it's pretty much his rookie year.

Anyone who hasn't seen him play watch highlights of him vs the Bulls, he is starting to do this practically every game consistently. Shows off some but not all his moves.

FkLA
06-16-2014, 02:28 AM
lol stretch (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6183)

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0615/nba_u_leonard11_300x200.jpg

Floyd Pacquiao
06-16-2014, 10:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5cLzu1O.jpg
:lol the doubters

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 10:48 AM
:lol parsons > leonard

Thread
06-16-2014, 10:52 AM
A pair of black satin panties at Tammy's bungalow.

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 10:56 AM
A pair of black satin panties at Tammy's bungalow.

"He's gonna be a problem."

- Cully following the 2013 Finals.

Thread
06-16-2014, 11:06 AM
"He's gonna be a problem."

- Cully following the 2013 Finals.

Unfortunately I was correct.

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Unfortunately I was correct.

No solace that we picked him from Bird's pocket?

Thread
06-16-2014, 11:09 AM
No solace that we picked him from Bird's pocket?

No. & he won't have to be reminded. What, he's gonna take my call? & I'd be the only one. Media won't touch it.

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 11:10 AM
No. & he won't have to be reminded. What, he's gonna take my call? & I'd be the only one. Media won't touch it.

Media's loved that boy since college, eh?

Floyd Pacquiao
06-16-2014, 12:15 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/b9e77086e529b742f4df74b84eabf6ec.png

The Gemini Method
06-16-2014, 12:25 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/b9e77086e529b742f4df74b84eabf6ec.png

She finna cash in on that Finals MVP money...

FkLA
01-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Who tf knew it wasn't the dro talking when that nigga Dro210 called him the next Pippen. :lol

Pippen 2.0, point forward once parker is gone in 3 yrs, perennial all-star tbh

Malik Hairston
01-16-2015, 11:29 PM
Yep..very thankful that he didn't become a Jeff Green/Chandler Parsons/Nic Batum-level player, tbh..

apalisoc_9
01-16-2015, 11:52 PM

Basement: Apathetic Gerald Wallace
Ceiling: Glen Robinson?

I would be pleasantly surprised if he can make more than 1 Allstat game, or even one for that matter. Leonard is a fantastic role player, but I am just not sold on him being able to carry a team on offense and defense.
Perhaps a few all-d teams in his future, a very poor man's version of a Sidney moncrief would incredible.

apalisoc_9
01-16-2015, 11:52 PM
evan turner

man some people are dumb

Robz4000
01-16-2015, 11:55 PM
Borderline Top-15 player right now with plenty of room to improve. At his peak I'm thinking Top 5-10 player, provided he isn't injury-prone...

Wildcat67
01-17-2015, 12:17 AM
Idiots that look at scoring when evaluating him will always be idiots. No player on the Spurs with Pop as coach will ever score at a high clip. Scoring 15 points per game on the Spurs is equivalent to 20 on most other teams. Couple years ago when Tony was an MVP candidate he only averaged 19 ppg.

lefty
01-17-2015, 12:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6QQ9U.gif

ambchang
01-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Did he make the all star team yet?

midnightpulp
01-17-2015, 09:06 AM
Pippen 2.0 is still a reach, but I'm definitely upgrading his ceiling from "middle-class Scottie Pippen" to "upper class Scottie Pippen," especially if he becomes dominant in the post. After all, Scottie is the best perimeter defender in NBA history, so Kawhi hasn't yet proven he's Pippen 2.0, obviously. Pippen is a top 15-20 all-time NBA talent who's criminally underrated since he had to play in Jordan's shadow. If Kawhi's ceiling could be 75% Pippen, that'd be fuckin' great.

I do think he's a top 15 player in the current NBA, though. No doubt in my mind.

Malik Hairston
01-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Definitely a top 15 player..

He's in a really unique situation, though..he's playing in the greatest system in NBA history, where the ball is constantly moving(well, when Parker is on the bench, at least), so we won't see his "raw numbers" potential for a while..he's not playing in a 90s style system(or current OKC/Houston), where high-usage ISO play allows him to put up raw numbers..

hitmanyr2k
01-17-2015, 10:34 AM
It's time for Kawhi to be unleashed. From here on out it should be a carbon copy of last night's game. Run plays for him. 15 shots a game minimum. He's clearly San Antonio's future so they need to give him the keys to the car and start letting him drive a bit and get his confidence up where he can play that way consistently.

TrainOfThought5
01-17-2015, 10:48 AM
I voted for All Star... I may have sold him short.

at his pace of improvement... he'll be a superstar in 3 years. Book it.

Legacy
01-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Just found this thread on a bodybuilding forum, hehe. It's kind of old, but it keeps getting bumped.

Kawhi Leonard = Scottie Pippen 2.0 (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154925663&pagenumber=)

romain.star
01-20-2015, 04:48 AM
Watching him today, and the few times where he runs the pick and roll, he really has all the necessary tools to become a superstar one day, IMO.

Call me a homer but if he keeps on working hard and if some top Western players get injured, he might get one All Star selection when it's all said and done

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 06:13 AM

who's laughing now motherfucker

hater
01-20-2015, 09:28 AM
Poor mans lebron james

:tu

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 09:39 AM
:tu

Rewatch last finals Pablo

~O~
01-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Kawhi Leonard should be at least the top 20. If the offensed was focused on him more, it would probably move him to at least 15. That will never happen so it'll be 20.

hater
01-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Rewatch last finals Pablo

actually currently am. Poor man's Lebron shone bright along Pop's Spurs. :tu

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 10:00 AM

Yeah poor man's lebron carrying that frenchie pg to his 4th :lol

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 10:00 AM

hater
01-20-2015, 10:02 AM

MVParker actually averaged more pts than Poor Man's lebron tbh. not to mention Spurs team (Duncan, Diaw, Green, Mills, Evita) were playing out of their minds.

but don't let facts get in the way :lmao

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 10:12 AM
MVParker actually averaged more pts than Poor Man's lebron tbh. not to mention Spurs team (Duncan, Diaw, Green, Mills, Evita) were playing out of their minds.

but don't let facts get in the way :lmao

http://i60.tinypic.com/2d96050.png

talking about PPG's in 2015 :lmao

hater
01-20-2015, 10:19 AM
^ does not understand what Average means :rolleyes

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 10:22 AM
^ does not understand what Average means :rolleyes

Are you kidding? :lmao

That picture's a fact btw

hater
01-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Are you kidding? :lmao

That picture's a fact btw

^ yup still doesn't get it :rolleyes

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 10:26 AM
^ yup still doesn't get it :rolleyes

goal posts :lol

DAF86
01-20-2015, 12:28 PM

unleashbaynes
01-20-2015, 12:38 PM
I love watching bitter fucks get proven wrong :tu

in2deep
01-20-2015, 02:37 PM
Kawhi Leonard should be at least the top 20. If the offensed was focused on him more, it would probably move him to at least 15. That will never happen so it'll be 20.

well he's been playing top 10 since back from injury. let's see what develops...

Phillip
01-21-2015, 05:17 PM
Has he been playing like a superstar lately or something? I mean he's had some nice games but hasn't exactly been a world beater. :lmao at anyone who seriously thinks he's superstar material or a perennial all star :rollin

MI21
01-22-2015, 06:35 AM
Has he been playing like a superstar lately or something? I mean he's had some nice games but hasn't exactly been a world beater. :lmao at anyone who seriously thinks he's superstar material or a perennial all star :rollin

Not calling him LeBron, but nigga has been around 17/10/3/3 with his Top 10 quality defense since coming back from injury. Not bad.

Raven
01-22-2015, 07:04 AM

he's playing like the #1player in the league that he is.

FkLA
01-22-2015, 09:46 AM

This coming from the guy who said this in this same thread:

in2deep
01-22-2015, 09:48 AM
still playing at top 10. wow let's see how long this lasts

100%duncan
01-22-2015, 09:52 AM
This coming from the guy who said this in this same thread:

Probably thinks that the metrosexual faggot is better than kiwi. :lmao

faggot takes :lmao

Franklin
01-22-2015, 09:54 AM
Glorified Josh Howard, imho. He's spurs future franchise player though, which insinuates what a long dark period the Spurs will endure after Duncan retires.

100%duncan
01-22-2015, 09:56 AM
Glorified Josh Howard, imho. He's spurs future franchise player though, which insinuates what a long dark period the Spurs will endure after Duncan retires.

Agreed tbh. Future is bleak with an FMVP. I'm sure the future after Dirk would be better tho. :bobo

100%duncan
01-22-2015, 09:56 AM

Agreed tbh. Future is bleak with an FMVP. I'm sure the future after Dirk would be better tho. :bobo

Franklin
01-22-2015, 10:01 AM
Spurs fans overreaction to Leonard's good performance pretty much reminds me of the Lockets fans during the Yao epoch in the 2000s. It was like, every time one of Lockets role players had a good game (like Mike James) they acted like they got a third "star" besides Yao and T-Mac, but most times such performances would turn out to be ephemeral. Leonard is far better than the likes of Mike James, of course, but I'm afraid he's already about playing near his ceiling now tbh. Leonard would be a legit #2 or #3 on a championship contender, like what he today is, but you'd be at best a marginal playoff team with him being your #1 tbh.

FkLA
01-22-2015, 10:02 AM
This dude is already the best rebounder at the SF position and arguably the best defender as well. Add to that the fact that he's been giving the Spurs 17-18 ppg since the first week or two of the season when he had pink eye. Add to that the fact that he's only 23 years old.

Then it becomes apparent how retarded it is to compare him to Allen, Battier or Josh Howard.

Franklin
01-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Speaking of FMVP, Danny Green would've also won it if Manu had missed one less freebie, or if Duncan hadn't missed those easy layups in game 6 of 2013 finals.

100%duncan
01-22-2015, 10:07 AM
Speaking of FMVP, Danny Green would've also won it if Manu had missed one less freebie, or if Duncan hadn't missed those easy layups in game 6 of 2013 finals.

Yah and Danny Green and Kawhi have the same skillset and ceiling. :lol

Franklin
01-22-2015, 10:14 AM
There was a time back around 06 and 07 when many Mavs fans were holding similar discussions concerning Josh's squad status. Many people thought it was already Josh's team when he averaged slightly more points than Dirk, it was the start of the 06/07 season if I remember correct. People thought Dirk was nearly done just like Van Horn and many other white bigs at that age. And now, ten years later Dirk is still pursuing another ring with the fellow boys in blue, while there's basically nothing to remember about Josh except that he was the first NBA player to admit smoking marijuana.

100%duncan
01-22-2015, 10:15 AM
And all that has nothing to do with Kawhi or anyone else outside of Josh Howard.

FkLA
01-22-2015, 10:21 AM
Kawhi is under the Spurs umbrella and based on reports is a hard working, quiet dude on his own. He still lives with his mom. :lol

Not to mention that just going off on pure physique, Howard never had the physical specimen type body Kawhi has. Even if their attitudes were the same Kawhi would have a higher ceiling based on his physique alone tbh.

Phillip
01-22-2015, 11:01 AM
:lmao top 10 and top 15 when he isn't even the clear cut 3rd best player on his own team.

unleashbaynes
01-22-2015, 11:50 AM
:lmao top 10 and top 15 when he isn't even the clear cut 3rd best player on his own team.

9-9 Team without Leonard, 18-7 with, hmmmmmm wonder if that guy is important?

FkLA
01-22-2015, 12:01 PM

There is no argument for Kawhi not being at the very least 1a/1b alongside Timmy.

Not sure if trolling or just that retarded. Probably the latter tbh. :lol

hater
01-22-2015, 12:05 PM

I have to agree kawhi is not CLEARLY the best player in the team. But you are talking about a team with the best PF ever who seems not to age and 2 other HOFers.

Tim Duncan is still the most important Spur. MVParker is the engine. But Kawhi is the lubrication to the entire machine. Spurs don't get anywhere without any of those 3.

and yes, Kawhi has been playing as top 10 player in the league since his injury. Hopefully this will continue.

Phillip
01-22-2015, 02:15 PM
and yes, Kawhi has been playing as top 10 player in the league since his injury.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Phillip
01-22-2015, 02:17 PM
Since Mo Williams scored 50 the other night, he had a stretch in which he was clearly the best player in the NBA by a mile, since for a stretch, he averaged 50 ppg

hater
01-22-2015, 02:41 PM
agree 3 games is not much. we'll revisit in 2 weeks.

Cry Havoc
01-22-2015, 02:47 PM
I could see him someday as a 17-20 ppg, 8 rpg, with ~1.5 blocks and 4 steals per game defensive monster. Really at this point, it's how much effort Kawhi himself puts in. He has a fantastic feel for the game and reacts on defense extremely quickly. He also has much better handles than he's given credit for, although he still needs to improve those as well.

His ceiling is pretty damn high. The trade for George Hill looks more and more genius every day.

:lol 4 steals

But everything else is pretty close IMO

in2deep
01-22-2015, 02:56 PM
"the world, Chico. and everything in it..."

FuzzyLumpkins
01-22-2015, 04:58 PM

I actually think the pnr is by far the weakest part of his game. He has finding angles to scrape defenders and dealing with the grabbing and contact to maintain his dribble. He is fine when he is closer to the basket because he can pick the ball up and use that athleticism. Up high he will lose the handle when making those cuts and getting hit. He'll let the ball get wide on him and make a mess when he tries to recover the move.

midnightpulp
01-22-2015, 07:05 PM

Tony Parker is a shell of himself and is about the worst starting PG in the league defensively. His RAPM numbers are in the toilet.

Leonard is the best rebounding SF in the league, arguably the best perimeter defender in the league, and is a threat to fill up the stat sheet in all categories. Anyone who doesn't think Leonard is at least a top 20 player focuses on raw offensive numbers too much.

KobeOwnsDuncan
02-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Who tf knew it wasn't the dro talking when that nigga Dro210 called him the next Pippen. :lol

Pippen 2.0, point forward once parker is gone in 3 yrs, perennial all-star tbh

JamStone
02-20-2015, 10:26 AM
To be fair, the last few poor performances by Kawhi came in games against teams with defensive juggernauts at SF like Matt Barnes, Kyle Singler, and CJ Miles.

in2deep
02-20-2015, 10:32 AM
To be fair, the last few poor performances by Kawhi came in games against teams with defensive juggernauts at SF like Matt Barnes, Kyle Singler, and CJ Miles.

Killakobe81
02-20-2015, 10:33 AM

Jam with the not so subtles

scanry
02-20-2015, 10:44 AM

Jam goin in knee deep tbh.

Blake
02-20-2015, 10:48 AM
I've never seen Leonard look so gassed as he did last night. In the first quarter no less.

Phillip
02-20-2015, 12:01 PM

Irrelevant.

I want Leonard on my team over LeBron, MJ, or any other player ever because he is such a great, stand-up guy who does more than just score points, because lets be honest, scoring isn't all that important in basketball. You don't have to outscore your opponent to win games, you can out-rebound, out-defend, and out-class them and still win despite having less points, because scoring means hardly anything.

DAF86
02-20-2015, 12:12 PM

Tell me more.

Killakobe81
02-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Irrelevant.

I want Leonard on my team over LeBron, MJ, or any other player ever because he is such a great, stand-up guy who does more than just score points, because lets be honest, scoring isn't all that important in basketball. You don't have to outscore your opponent to win games, you can out-rebound, out-defend, and out-class them and still win despite having less points, because scoring means hardly anything.

Philly with the sarcasm goods

lefty
02-20-2015, 02:32 PM
As i expected, his head got too big after winning the FMVP and he has become nonchalant

Take him out of the starting lineup and see how he reacts

RsxPiimp
02-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Max player

apalisoc_9
02-20-2015, 03:16 PM
As i expected, his head got too big after winning the FMVP and he has become nonchalant

Take him out of the starting lineup and see how he reacts

You want enrique to take 30 shots a game?