PDA

View Full Version : Portland bloggers talking up outbidding Spurs for Splitter

objective
02-12-2013, 07:01 AM
It's just the media for now, but for a while I've figured that it was only a matter of time until the jackals of Portland turned their giant pocketbooks on Splitter. So in an article about the Blair rumor, there's a pic of Splitter and the piece turns from Blair to Tiago.

Blazers Edge (http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/2/11/3979290/dejuan-blair-trade-rumor-portland-trail-blazers-san-antonio-spurs)

. . . The Spurs are headed into a rebuild. They'd rather have Splitter than not, but they could also find better uses for $9.5-10 million a couple years down the road than paying it to Tiago.

Now...if you want to talk a really nice fit into Portland's frontcourt, let's talk Splitter. He's not a classic center but he stays within his offense, he's a potent enough scorer, and he can even defend a little. He'd look really nice playing alongside and behind LaMarcus Aldridge.

. . .

Let's say the Blazers got Splitter for $10 million. Woot! Happy dance.

hooperflash
02-12-2013, 07:04 AM
Happy dance yourselves into my fists, Portland ! :ihit :lol

AusSpur
02-12-2013, 07:30 AM
I'd rather Splitter than Hibbert and his contract is enormous compared to his output. Splitter is going to be paid by someone.

exstatic
02-12-2013, 07:40 AM
:lol How many guys can they put on $10M contracts? That's fine. Steal Splitter, and in 3 years we'll return the favor and steal Lillard to replace TP. :lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-12-2013, 07:52 AM
I don't think they'll even have $10 mil in cap space.

Buddy Holly
02-12-2013, 08:09 AM
I can see Splitter resigning for the right amount even if he's offered more from another team.

Mal
02-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Wait, a moment. They had their franchise C drafted barely 5 years ago.

jjktkk
02-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Wait, a moment. They had their franchise C drafted barely 5 years ago.

Not to mention, they drafted another franchise C last year in Miles Leonard.

timvp
02-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Splitter is going to get PAID this summer. Denial might help us cope in the short-term but it won't help when teams are throwing huge deals at him, tbh.

Darius McCrary
02-12-2013, 10:56 AM
That's why this is really our last chance to get number 5.

Spur|n|Austin
02-12-2013, 10:58 AM
I can see Splitter resigning for the right amount even if he's offered more from another team.

Yes I agree, he will get a fair amount of big offers, but I think he's happy in San Antonio; we shall see..

dbestpro
02-12-2013, 11:19 AM
It took money to get Splitter here, and for the right amount of money Splitter will leave without blinking an eye.

ambchang
02-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Splitter doesn't want to go to a franchise with a history of screwing up big men's health.

waisman
02-12-2013, 11:28 AM
POR has Aldridge & J.J. Hickson (http://www.hoopsworld.com/portland-trail-blazers-team-salary#) !
More Splitter ???

J.J. Hickson (http://www.hoopsworld.com/portland-trail-blazers-team-salary#) out ?

Richie
02-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Splitter spoke a few days ago about finally feeling comfortable in San Antonio because it feels like home.

We would almost certainly match a $10m offer. Would we match a max offer (~$14m)? I don't really see why not tbh, worst case scenario this off season will be to bring everyone back and make a run next year with the same team.

If the Front Office thinks he will get offered a max deal and doesn't want to match it, we should be trading him before the deadline.

Bruno
02-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Splitter will be paid a lot and I have no problem with Spurs being the team that will give him this big contract. They have enough money available to do so.

Mel_13
02-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Snagging a restricted free agent away from another team is a very hard thing to do. You would think that Portland bloggers would know that given what happened last summer with Hibbert and Batum. A deal starting at 10M will only accomplish one thing for Portland; that 10M in cap space will be tied up for the 72 hours that the Spurs will wait before matching the offer sheet.

In a perfect world, the Spurs would like to get Splitter for Asik money of about 4yrs/33M. In their worst nightmare, some other team offers a max deal of about 4yrs/60M. Both sides have to be aware of the two ends of the spectrum. The question is whether they can reach an agreement somewhere in the space in between that provides enough incentive for both sides to avoid the marketplace.

I still believe that an agreement reached before Splitter meets with another team is the most likely outcome. The Spurs matching an offer sheet is the second most likely outcome. Splitter signing an offer sheet too rich for the Spurs to match is the least likely outcome.

mercos
02-12-2013, 11:49 AM
If the Spurs want to contend past the Duncan era, they have to resign Splitter. Good big men are becoming harder and harder to find. There are only a handful of bigs in the league right now who have Splitter's level of skill, and that number is not getting bigger. A trio of Parker, Leonard, and Splitter can contend for many years to come.

scanry
02-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Can we actually sign Splitter before the season end? This brings back memories of Manu's contract situation in 2004. I know he declined Denver's offer of a near max and signed with the Spurs. I'm glad he stayed back.

PingPong
02-12-2013, 11:53 AM
I think Splitter will leave San Antonio only for a big market contender, not to playing in a f*in Portland. No other team in NBA feels more like a spanish team than Spurs with their half dozen of international players.

Mel_13
02-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Can we actually sign Splitter before the season end? This brings back memories of Manu's contract situation in 2004. I know he declined Denver's offer of a near max and signed with the Spurs. I'm glad he stayed back.

He can't be signed until July, but they can reach an agreement on the details at any time.

Richie
02-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Another thing that is important to remember is Splitters cap hold of $7m. If he gets interest from a team, ideally he could ask the Spurs to match it without signing a contract (which would take a lot of trust on both sides) to give the Spurs time to sign a free agent.

Depending on Manus contract we could have anything from $5m-$10m to spend on a free agent, after which we could match a Splitter offer above his cap hold.

Richie
02-12-2013, 11:58 AM
If the Spurs want to contend past the Duncan era, they have to resign Splitter. Good big men are becoming harder and harder to find. There are only a handful of bigs in the league right now who have Splitter's level of skill, and that number is not getting bigger. A trio of Parker, Leonard, and Splitter can contend for many years to come.

No they can't. They can probably make the playoffs, but won't have home court and no chance of winning a title.

TimmehC
02-12-2013, 11:59 AM
He'd be a decent fit for them, but it depends on how serious the Spurs are about next season.

Mark in Austin
02-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Odds are decent that Splitter stays but anybody thinking it's going to be cheap is on crack. Best case IMO would be an offer starting at 8.5M/yr.

DPG21920
02-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Barring an injury, we all know Splitter is going to be paid. Whether or not the Spurs keep him (see Mel's order of scenarios) largely depends on how this season finishes up. There are a lot of variables that could change the equation (how far do they go in the playoffs, Tiago's health, how he performs, Big 3 health, trades...). The only variable not changing is that if he's healthy he is going to make a lot of money.

Mel_13
02-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Barring an injury, we all know Splitter is going to be paid. Whether or not the Spurs keep him (see Mel's order of scenarios) largely depends on how this season finishes up. There are a lot of variables that could change the equation (how far do they go in the playoffs, Tiago's health, how he performs, Big 3 health, trades...). The only variable not changing is that if he's healthy he is going to make a lot of money.

All that plus the way the market develops.

How many teams will have the space to offer a max or near max contract? The fewer, the better for the Spurs.

How many of the top free agents will actually hit the market rather than signing with their current teams? The more, the better for the Spurs.

Juggity
02-12-2013, 12:20 PM
The question is whether Splitter really wants a max deal from Portland if it means his knees will explode within a year or two of the signing.

Knowing Portland's medical staff, there should be a fairly convincing argument the spurs could make that splitter could earn more money (and have a better shot at contending) by having a longer career and avoiding Portland at all costs.

rascal
02-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Splitter won't be going anywhere and the Spurs will be over paying him.

PingPong
02-12-2013, 12:26 PM
The question is whether Splitter really wants a max deal from Portland if it means his knees will explode within a year or two of the signing.

Knowing Portland's medical staff, there should be a fairly convincing argument the spurs could make that splitter could earn more money (and have a better shot at contending) by having a longer career and avoiding Portland at all costs.

I think Splitter won't go there simply because they are a worse team in a shitty place. The other factor is that Splitter bought his house right when arrived in San Antonio.

Whisky Dog
02-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Splitter will be paid a lot and I have no problem with Spurs being the team that will give him this big contract. They have enough money available to do so.

I think RC/Pop really wanted to see if he can string together a full season without the injury issues and if he can be a player worth the money. He seems to be showing that he is, and with Parker still having a few years left and Leonard looking like a borderline All Star contender down the road there are some good pieces to build around.

cd021
02-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Happy dance yourselves into my fists, Portland ! :ihit :lol

Got em.

pad300
02-12-2013, 01:25 PM
There's some $18 Million in actual cap space occupied between Splitter ($4 Million) and Manu ($14 Million). There will obviously be a redistribution between the two. Further, there is SJax's expiring (if we don't trade it). I believe we will match anything short of $13 Million/year for Splitter. I suspect the end results will look like $10-12 Million/year for splitter, and $6-8 Million/year for Manu (and Manu's contract will be 2 years long, to expire the same time that Duncan's current contract does...).

Mugen
02-12-2013, 01:33 PM
I'd be very worried for his career if he ended up in Portland tbh.

Bill_Brasky
02-12-2013, 01:45 PM
:lol Portland

Hell go there if he wants to destroy his knees

DontStopBelieving
02-12-2013, 02:11 PM
ye

debo
02-12-2013, 02:23 PM
I think Tiago is aware that it took him a long time to get used to San Antonio and it affected his play AND his confidence in himself. I think he would be willing to compromise with a team he has hit some strides with than relocate again, even if money is being thrown at him.

SenorSpur
02-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Before anyone "poo-poos" Portland interest, remember this is clearly their off-season MO. This is what they do - every summer. Paul Allen and the Blazers are always fishing around other teams free agents, trying to money-whip them into surrendering to the Blazers advances. Remember Paul Millsap? They drove up his price on the Jazz a few summers ago, until the Jazz selected to resign him. They also money-whipped Wesley Matthews, who was at the time a surprisingly-successful second-round pick, coming off his rookie season. Of course, the Jazz, who already had substantial money tied up in contracts to Millsap, Deron Williams and Al Jefferson, were unable to match the Blazers offer and thus Matthews became a Blazer, with a suprisingly overpaid contract. Hell, just last summer, the Blazers threw the vault at Roy Hibbert. They drove up his price to a level that the Pacers momentarily considered not matching, but eventually did. This is how the Blazers operate. That said, I would be awfully concerned about these guys doing the exact same thing to Splitter and the Spurs this summer. I just hope Splitter and is agent allow the Spurs a hometown discount.

KL2
02-12-2013, 03:19 PM
My hope is that teams will think he's a product of SA's system, Tiago is good but Pop/Parker and the Spurs passing is really bringing out the best in him right now. Most of his points come off the P&R, or cleaning up the glass, he rarely posts up. I think on another team he won't do as well.

TJastal
02-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Before anyone "poo-poos" Portland interest, remember this is clearly their off-season MO. This is what they do - every summer. Paul Allen and the Blazers are always fishing around other teams free agents, trying to money-whip them into surrendering to the Blazers advances. Remember Paul Millsap? They drove up his price on the Jazz a few summers ago, until the Jazz selected to resign him. They also money-whipped Wesley Matthews, who was at the time a surprisingly-successful second-round pick, coming off his rookie season. Of course, the Jazz, who already had substantial money tied up in contracts to Millsap, Deron Williams and Al Jefferson, were unable to match the Blazers offer and thus Matthews became a Blazer, with a suprisingly overpaid contract. Hell, just last summer, the Blazers threw the vault at Roy Hibbert. They drove up his price to a level that the Pacers momentarily considered not matching, but eventually did. This is how the Blazers operate. That said, I would be awfully concerned about these guys doing the exact same thing to Splitter and the Spurs this summer. I just hope Splitter and is agent allow the Spurs a hometown discount.

Good points all around and well articulated. They have all of Allen's microsoft money to back them and they tread that fine line of making you wonder what their true motives are. Winning? Or playing spoiler? Over the years they seem to have a tendency to "money whip" only certain small market teams (like the spurs and jazz for example). Makes you wonder if they are just another subjugated cog in Stern's endless fanatical ambition to have his media darlings in the finals every year.

Tuddy
02-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Suppose we offer him 8mil/year, do you think he'll take off for 10/year?

angelbelow
02-12-2013, 11:33 PM

Well said about Portland and their habits.

I hope Splitter gives us the hometeam discount as well. Although, I'm a little bit more skeptical about his willingness to do so. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Duncan, Ginobili, Parker that another hometown discount just sounds unlikely.

baseline bum
02-12-2013, 11:46 PM

Yeah, and they have done it in the past to the Spurs too. I remember them offering Bruce $4.5 million in 01 after he was rumored to be close to signing with the Spurs for $750k (which he still accepted; shows you how much Bruce really wanted to be here). Of course offering $48 million to DA in 2001, which ended up being one of the best things to ever happen to the team.

DJB
02-13-2013, 01:12 AM
I don't see him getting offered all that much more than $10m, I think we would match that pretty quickly.

Johnny RIngo
02-13-2013, 01:17 AM
Tiago's become a good defender, fantastic in the the pnr, and a great finisher around the basket. Rebounding is still weak though. I think anything under 10 million is fair. Just wouldn't seem right for him to be paid more than a superior player like Duncan.

Johnny RIngo
02-13-2013, 01:19 AM

Blazers seem to do anything possible to fuck with other small market teams. I remember them stealing Batum from us a couple years ago during the draft. Can't stand this team.

jimbo
02-13-2013, 01:55 AM
Blazers would be pretty weak on the glass with LeMarcus + Splitter, but they'd be a pretty good team too.

blkroadrunners
02-13-2013, 03:36 AM
Blazers would be pretty weak on the glass with LeMarcus + Splitter, but they'd be a pretty good team too.

Their frontcourt is garbage outside of Aldridge and Hickson. Meyers Leonard seems like a promising young player, but he's at least 2-3 years away from being a regular rotation player. I wouldn't be suprised one bit if they offer Splitter close to what they offered Hibbert.

SpursIndonesia
02-13-2013, 04:00 AM
Yeah, and they have done it in the past to the Spurs too. I remember them offering Bruce $4.5 million in 01 after he was rumored to be close to signing with the Spurs for $750k (which he still accepted; shows you how much Bruce really wanted to be here). Of course offering $48 million to DA in 2001, which ended up being one of the best things to ever happen to the team.

Dat loyalty jacket ...... :lol

EDIT:

On the side note, how's Lillard game, especially the PnR game ? Is he cerebral enough as a distributor & floor general ? If he's quite good PnR guard and has decent court vision & willingness to share, i can see Portland taking a gamble over Splitter, for his PnR elite skill. A combo of Aldridge midrange touch and Splitter PnR + Lillard quickness, that's a pretty strong recipe for the near future.

Spursfanfromafar
02-13-2013, 04:48 AM
I still believe that an agreement reached before Splitter meets with another team is the most likely outcome. The Spurs matching an offer sheet is the second most likely outcome. Splitter signing an offer sheet too rich for the Spurs to match is the least likely outcome.

Yes. We went through this phase with Manu a couple of years back as well. And I guess, if Manu was willing to agree to the Spurs' on a pretty efficient and apt contract, so should his United Nations' cohort, Tiago.

Captivus
02-13-2013, 07:43 AM
This Tiago thing is getting me nervous.
Are there any chances the Spurs make a mistake and dont keep Tiago & dont get another big? Are they are left with cap space and no player to choose??
Thats in my mind for a while...

elemento
02-13-2013, 08:06 AM

Pretty much. They love to "steal" talent from other teams overpaying. Mattews was actually undrafted and after only 1 season with the Jazz, Portland offered him a full MLE contract (the only MLE).

I think they will got after Pekovic first, then Splitter. Still, I don't think Splitter is going anywhere.

exstatic
02-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Odds are decent that Splitter stays but anybody thinking it's going to be cheap is on crack. Best case IMO would be an offer starting at 8.5M/yr.

Pipe dream, tbh. If Asik, who has ZERO offensive skills, got what he got, Splitter is breaking the bank. Not sure what his MAX is going into his fourth year, but someone will likely offer it. He signs the sheet, and then waits for SA. If they don't match, he can put it on them. He wanted to stay, but they didn't match.

exstatic
02-13-2013, 08:26 AM

Nothing wrong with Portland's medical staff. Their front office has a propensity to ignore medical red flags and draft anyway. Oden, Roy, and Bayless ALL had medical red flags on their knees.

SenorSpur
02-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Pretty much. They love to "steal" talent from other teams overpaying. Mattews was actually undrafted and after only 1 season with the Jazz, Portland offered him a full MLE contract (the only MLE).

I think they will got after Pekovic first, then Splitter. Still, I don't think Splitter is going anywhere.

I'm with you. I also believe the Blazers will go after Pekovic first. As a matter of fact, it seems the front offices of the Blazers and TWolves have had some sort of running feud the past couple of years, trying the go after one another's free agents. This supposed "bad blood" was heigtened last summer, when the Wolves infuriated the Blazers by going after Nic Batum and all signs pointing to Batum leaving. In fact, Batum cautioned the Blazers NOT to match the contract. Yet, the Blazers did just that, matched the contract and kept Batum in the fold.

I have no doubt the Blazers will try and turn the tables on the Wolves this summer and seek to do what they do best: money-whip another team's free agent, in this case Pekovic. They'll likely throw a big money contract his way, complete with some sort of poison-pill clause that would hinder the Wolves from matching. However, I wouldn't underestimate that crackpot GM of the Wolves, David Kahn. He'll likely do anything to keep Pekovic away from the Blazers.

While all that could be going on, I trust the Spurs will be working to ink Splitter to a new contract. I also hope the Splitter will follow the long-standing example set by Tim, Manu and TP and not seek to get the biggest contract, but will be willing to take a bit less money in order to secure the best fit for his talents and most favorable fit for his cultural desires. He will get both by resigning with the Spurs.

Fabbs
02-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Dick Jefferson extended for 4 years 40 million.

Gee i wonder if Popped-Bumford will extend Splitter?

Cry Havoc
02-13-2013, 02:58 PM
I think Splitter will leave San Antonio only for a big market contender, not to playing in a f*in Portland. No other team in NBA feels more like a spanish team than Spurs with their half dozen of international players.

Not sure if I agree with this. Portland would be one of my first destinations. It's a very progressive, prosperous, clean city, and the bball facilities for the Blazers are second to none. Portland would be and is extremely high on my list of places to live, NBA player or not. It might be hell for knees that go to live there, but it's great for everything else.

jjktkk
02-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Qestionable move imo, if they did sign Splitter. They already have Alderidge, and spent a lottery pick on Leonard. Signing Splitter could possibly stunt the development of Leonard.

SenorSpur
02-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Qestionable move imo, if they did sign Splitter. They already have Alderidge, and spent a lottery pick on Leonard. Signing Splitter could possibly stunt the development of Leonard.

By your reference to Leonard, as it pertains to the Blazers, I presume you mean Meyers Leonard.

Budkin
02-13-2013, 05:31 PM
That's why this is really our last chance to get number 5.

Pretty sure that was last year.

Beaverfuzz
02-13-2013, 05:42 PM
if the Blazers want to pay over $12 million for Splitter, by all means have him. That said, I don't see Portland going after Splitter when Hickson's around (but he looks to be going bye bye)

Cry Havoc
02-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Pretty sure that was last year.

We're a better team this year than last.

We stand a better chance of being in the Finals this year.

Mayhem321
02-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Aldridge said that he wants to play alongside a true center. So if the portland's FO wants to make him happy Pekovic is a way better fit than Splitter.

SpursIndonesia
02-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Aldridge said that he wants to play alongside a true center. So if the portland's FO wants to make him happy Pekovic is a way better fit than Splitter.

Yeah, Pekovic is more polished as a low post player compared to Splitter, and much more tougher especially in rebounding. But he's not really that elite & efficient in one important stuff, such as Splitter. He will get paid though, and he's still relatively young too (younger than Splitter i guess).

jjktkk
02-13-2013, 06:11 PM
By your reference to Leonard, as it pertains to the Blazers, I presume you mean Meyers Leonard.

Yes Senor. Not our Kawhi Leonard.

SenorSpur
02-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Yes Senor. Not our Kawhi Leonard.

Haven't watched a lot of Blazers games, but when I have, I've not seen much of Meyers Leonard - except shots of him on the end of the bench. Any thoughts on his development or the lack thereof?

jjktkk
02-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Haven't watched a lot of Blazers games, but when I have, I've not seen much of Meyers Leonard - except shots of him on the end of the bench. Any thoughts on his development or the lack thereof?

I've only seen him last year when he was was playing for Illinois. Pretty good athlete, can post up and has a decent mid-range jumper. Can defend the rim pretty well. Raw, but talented.

DMC
02-13-2013, 09:53 PM
If Manu or Tim goes into last season mode, I don't care to keep Splitter anyhow. I'd rather save money and rebuild. We have a good system, but like Chucky says, Jacks and Joes, not X's and O's.

TD 21
02-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Snagging a restricted free agent away from another team is a very hard thing to do. You would think that Portland bloggers would know that given what happened last summer with Hibbert and Batum. A deal starting at 10M will only accomplish one thing for Portland; that 10M in cap space will be tied up for the 72 hours that the Spurs will wait before matching the offer sheet.

In a perfect world, the Spurs would like to get Splitter for Asik money of about 4yrs/33M. In their worst nightmare, some other team offers a max deal of about 4yrs/60M. Both sides have to be aware of the two ends of the spectrum. The question is whether they can reach an agreement somewhere in the space in between that provides enough incentive for both sides to avoid the marketplace.

:tu

SequSpur
02-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Really? Splitter looks good because fuckin Parker is ballin his ass off making everybody look good....Splitter sucks.

TJastal
02-16-2013, 12:23 AM

LMFAO... still hard to believe that actually happened

objective
02-16-2013, 05:33 AM
The Blazers getting Splitter wouldn't hurt their plans for the development of Meyers Leonard at all. The great thing about Splitter is that if Meyers Leonard did become good enough to start at center, the Blazers already know that Splitter is humble and professional enough to accept a bench role. Then they'd have one of the best back-up bigs in the league and altogether still have nice 3-man big rotation.

Splitter's approach to the game and his being willing to accept a role should make the Blazers want him even more.

Pasta Batman
02-16-2013, 06:10 AM

That was done because they agreed (off the record) that he'd opt out to save them from the luxury tax. They removed a huge one time fee for the money distributed over time. Both parties helped each other.

Blazers seem to do anything possible to fuck with other small market teams. I remember them stealing Batum from us a couple years ago during the draft. Can't stand this team.

If Batum was drafted by the Spurs, Spurs wouldn't have taken Hill. So it basically becomes - Kawhi vs. Batum. Who would you rather have?

SpursIndonesia
02-16-2013, 07:10 AM
If Batum was drafted by the Spurs, Spurs wouldn't have taken Hill. So it basically becomes - Kawhi vs. Batum. Who would you rather have?

Both guys are pretty good, but Batum is further along in the development curve and might have helped last year to get us over the top, so i don't think it has come out any better (though i can't say it was any worse either).

maverick1948
02-16-2013, 01:12 PM
I dont see Portland making a high bid on players this season compared to previous seasons. If there is a need for Portland that we can satify, it is a "3 pt shooting forward". Their guards cant shoot a high % of 3's, so defenses collapse into the paint. Right now, they have 5 players who play more than 15 mins, the Spurs have 9. All 13 players on the Spur see "double" figure mins average per game. What Portland needs is a bench. They have starters, but lack a bench that can come in a hold a lead or help the starters extend one.

As for Splitter leaving, money will not be the reason he leaves. If memory serves me, he has been making big Euros for years. The reason he did not come over after the draft was money. He was offered close to 5 mil in Europe, whereas the Spurs could only pay slightly below 1 Mil. He contract also, called for a huge buyout. The contract ended perfect for the Spurs. He was free to come to the Spurs and we were no longer bound by the 1st round salary rules. Thus, Splitter was given 3 yr 10 mil to sign with Spurs. If money is a problem for Splitter, he has wasted quite a bit of the last 12 or 13 years. Portland and other teams may offer more but the one thing the Spurs have to offer is winning year after year. He knows Parker, Green, Leonard and De Colo are going to be around for several more years. With what we have in Adam Hanga, Lorbeck, Richards(?) and CoJo, we should be in playoffs from year to year. We may also find a big deep in the draft to begin the process over again. I think the time is close to trade whatever is need to get a couple of young players with potential. Even if it means Jax, Neal or Blair.

capek
02-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Really? Splitter looks good because fuckin Parker is ballin his ass off making everybody look good....Splitter sucks.

Were all 20,000+ of your posts such shitty troll takes? :td

spursmartyr
02-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Good points all around and well articulated. They have all of Allen's microsoft money to back them and they tread that fine line of making you wonder what their true motives are. Winning? Or playing spoiler? Over the years they seem to have a tendency to "money whip" only certain small market teams (like the spurs and jazz for example). Makes you wonder if they are just another subjugated cog in Stern's endless fanatical ambition to have his media darlings in the finals every year.

I wouldn't be surprised? Stern is a Jew, after all. Lots of stuff constantly going down under the table.

Beaverfuzz
02-17-2013, 01:49 AM
Both guys are pretty good, but Batum is further along in the development curve and might have helped last year to get us over the top, so i don't think it has come out any better (though i can't say it was any worse either).

Batum also disappears in games for Portland quite often...trust me, I see quite a bit of Blazer ball each and every year. Leonard still has time to grow to take over (more than likely) Ginobli's spot.

Mel_13
07-03-2013, 02:35 PM

That's from Feb 12th.

Juggity
07-03-2013, 03:34 PM
That's from Feb 12th.

Good call!

Raven
07-03-2013, 03:39 PM
That's from Feb 12th.

respect.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-03-2013, 05:02 PM
The crystal ball was working!! :tu