PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Pelton ESPN Insider article

pad300
02-12-2013, 12:26 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/PerDiem-130211/nba-buy-low-trade-candidates

Anbody with insider access want to show what Kevin Pelton thinks are good trade targets?

Rummpd
02-12-2013, 02:34 PM
See below list and one Spur mentioned:

DeJuan Blair, San Antonio Spurs
As silly as the notion of "showcasing" players sounds, the psychological impact of the recency effect suggests it makes sense to make the last impression of a player on the block a positive one. Showcasing a bad player won't work, but feeding minutes to a trade candidate buried on the bench is perfectly sensible because most players perform better with regular playing time.

Blair is a perfect example. He's been in and out of the rotation all season, which has made it difficult for him to live up to his track record of solid production in terms of points, rebounds and high-percentage shooting. Given heavy minutes the next couple of weeks, Blair easily could come up with a couple of double-doubles to tempt teams looking to shore up their frontcourt for the stretch run.

Others mentioned Marvin and Derrick Williams, Josh Smith (no surprise there), Maynor of the Thunder, Lee of Celtics, Jerekbo of the Pistons and the frequently mentioned Bargnani

Suscribe to this every ESPN insider stuff annually; finding myself reading the magazine less and less - last edition was total trash about "musicians" (mainly rappers) and their mutual lovefest with athletic stars and semi stars.

Bruno
02-12-2013, 02:41 PM
If you want to read these insiders article without paying, google is your best friend...

8FOR!3
02-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Bargnani, Blair, Jerebko, Courtney Lee, Maynor, Derrick Williams (hmm,) and Marvin Williams (eww.)

Chinook
02-12-2013, 03:24 PM
If you want to read these insiders article without paying, google is your best friend...

I think that's how I found this site in the first place.