PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Earl Clark to have MRI on sore foot

Mugen
02-12-2013, 03:32 PM
https://twitter.com/latimeslakers/status/301419032819687424

Riddler
02-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Lakers won't be able to afford him in free agency.

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2013, 03:43 PM
he probably ask more than MLE

slick'81
02-12-2013, 03:49 PM
damn if lakers lost him and pau jesus

Thebesteva
02-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Lakers will get Clark...It's Howard I'm wondering about

Clipper Nation
02-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Lakers won't be able to afford him in free agency.
Truth bombs.... some dumbass team like the Suns will overpay him and he'll revert back to benchwarmer status next year...

Riddler
02-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Lakers will get Clark...It's Howard I'm wondering about

TBH, the Lakers would be better off without Howard.

Thebesteva
02-12-2013, 04:14 PM
TBH, the Lakers would be better off without Howard.

You think so? He's like the most hated athlete in LA right now. I'm actually one of the few that thinks we should keep him. I have a pretty good track record of making predictions that haunt the Lakers like signing Luke Walton to a max was a retarded idea.

Mugen
02-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Barring any serious injury, the Lakers will overpay to keep him. He's a solid 4 in today's NBA. His play might just be attributed to a contract year but Lakers can't afford to lose him tbh.

Riddler
02-12-2013, 04:22 PM
You think so? He's like the most hated athlete in LA right now. I'm actually one of the few that thinks we should keep him. I have a pretty good track record of making predictions that haunt the Lakers like signing Luke Walton to a max was a retarded idea.

Dwight just isn't comfortable with the pressure on and the lights at their brightest. Once he gets that 100 million dollar contract, he may pull this stunt again, and ain't no one gonna take him off the Laker's hands if he ever wants to be traded, because of that contract but mainly because of his personality.

Cry Havoc
02-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Either he or Howard goes. No way they can keep both in the new luxury tax market.

If you're LA, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't, cause you just KNOW that if Howard goes elsewhere he's going to be a monster. With a chip the size of Hollywood on his shoulder to boot.

If Clark leaves, bye-bye to any bench depth you have.

Hilarious, tbh. :lol

Riddler
02-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Either he or Howard goes. No way they can keep both in the new luxury tax market.

If you're LA, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't, cause you just KNOW that if Howard goes elsewhere he's going to be a monster. With a chip the size of Hollywood on his shoulder to boot.

If Clark leaves, bye-bye to any bench depth you have.

Hilarious, tbh. :lol

Yeah. They are pretty fucked.

Cry Havoc
02-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Clark is averaging 14 and 10 this month. In this market, and given his size/availability to guard 3 positions, the dude could easily sign somewhere for 8-10 million a season, well above any MLE offers he'd get unless he wants to go to a contender, in which case he would just sign with the Clippers. :lol

Killakobe81
02-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Season has been cursed ... accepted it months ago.

Killakobe81
02-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Good season to be cursed with the way Lebron is playing ... not much hope of beating Heat anyway ... sucks for Lakers no lottery pick even if the draft is weak ...

StrengthAndHonor
02-12-2013, 05:14 PM
EC will ask for a full MLE and I have a feeling the Lakers will decline. They have a weird habit of not paying players that deserved it (Ariza, Sessions) while paying those who obviously doesn't deserve it (Walton, Blake)

Cry Havoc
02-12-2013, 05:18 PM
EC will ask for a full MLE and I have a feeling the Lakers will decline. They have a weird habit of not paying players that deserved it (Ariza, Sessions) while paying those who obviously doesn't deserve it (Walton, Blake)

You really think a guy averaging ~13 and 8 with some pretty solid defense is only going to ask for the MLE, especially with his numbers increasing as the season goes on?

Dude is 25. He's gonna want to get paaaaaaaaaid.

Riddler
02-12-2013, 05:24 PM

Naw it's not cursed. That would imply it's just a once in 10 season kind of thing. This is all the product of Jim Buss.

midnightpulp
02-12-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm a Clark believer now. Guy will be a solid rotation player for years to come and might sneak in an All-star appearance (if he winds up on a bad team where he can pad). Even if his overall game is somewhat rough, you can't teach the kind of unique size he has, which causes matchup problems all over the place. He's a middle class Lamar Odom with room to grow.

StrengthAndHonor
02-12-2013, 05:29 PM
You really think a guy averaging ~13 and 8 with some pretty solid defense is only going to ask for the MLE, especially with his numbers increasing as the season goes on?

Dude is 25. He's gonna want to get paaaaaaaaaid.

He's pretty much just like Trevor Ariza, even the numbers are identical, 13 and 6 for Ariza in his contract year (funny because both were throw ins from Orlando) but Ariza actually played well all the way to the Finals so he was a much proven commodity. Ariza only asked for an MLE then and with the deeper tax penalties imposed by the new CBA not a lot of teams would be willing to spend money on EC. He's not a novelty like Jeremy Lin who was the exception because of his marketability.

Killakobe81
02-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Naw it's not cursed. That would imply it's just a once in 10 season kind of thing. This is all the product of Jim Buss.

Maybe. But sometimes injuries are contagious and the LAkers locker-room is toxic ...

This was not our year ... Lebron was gonna win anyway.

And Im not making excuses here, this team should of still made the palyoffs regardless of injury ... but Lakers have lost Dwight, Pau Hill Nash Blake and now maybe Clark for stretches. 3 starters and the two best bench players.

Injury excuse is for wussies ... but damn. LAkers and Celts battling it out for most significant injuries ...

Plus SPurs overcoming theirs ...

djohn2oo8
02-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Maybe. But sometimes injuries are contagious and the LAkers locker-room is toxic ...

This was not our year ... Lebron was gonna win anyway.

And Im not making excuses here, this team should of still made the palyoffs regardless of injury ... but Lakers have lost Dwight, Pau Hill Nash Blake and now maybe Clark for stretches. 3 starters and the two best bench players.

Injury excuse is for wussies ... but damn. LAkers and Celts battling it out for most significant injuries ...

Plus SPurs overcoming theirs ...

"I'm not making excuses for injuries, but damn all these injuries!!!" :lol

And injuries have NOTHING to do with why the Lakers suck. They have no bench depth, they are old and have a shit ass coach and front office.

Cry Havoc
02-12-2013, 05:36 PM
He's pretty much just like Trevor Ariza, even the numbers are identical, 13 and 6 for Ariza in his contract year (funny because both were throw ins from Orlando) but Ariza actually played well all the way to the Finals so he was a much proven commodity. Ariza only asked for an MLE then and with the deeper tax penalties imposed by the new CBA not a lot of teams would be willing to spend money on EC. He's not a novelty like Jeremy Lin who was the exception because of his marketability.

With one important difference.

Clark is 6'10". He can legitimately have the potential to guard 4s and 5s. Something Ariza never could do. It lifts Clark's trade value immensely in this league, where rebounding big men are scarce.

FkLA
02-12-2013, 05:57 PM
:lmao Lakers

Mugen
02-12-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm a Clark believer now. Guy will be a solid rotation player for years to come and might sneak in an All-star appearance (if he winds up on a bad team where he can pad). Even if his overall game is somewhat rough, you can't teach the kind of unique size he has, which causes matchup problems all over the place. He's a middle class Lamar Odom with room to grow.

Not yet sold. he's definitely got the size/talent to be a solid 4. I don't see LO as much as a taller Ariza (back when he didn't suck). Good defender who can guard multiple positions and knock down shots but isn't really a playmaker like LO is.

He's gonna get paid this summer. Jury's still out if he's going to get better or mail it in like Ariza did after he got his contract.

Mugen
02-12-2013, 06:16 PM

Didn't see you bring up the Ariza comparison earlier but I agree. CH is right though, Clark being 6'10" and considering the evolution of the NBA towards small ball, he's going to get much more than the MLE this summer.

SpursIndonesia
02-12-2013, 06:22 PM
IMHO, the kinda bigman that the Lakers should pursuit next summer is actually Al Jefferson. He'll be a good sidekick to Kobe (yes, the Lakers will forever be his as long as he still wears that purple&piss jersey) by being a good post scorer, and should be compatible with Earl Clark on the front court (yes, i think they should resign him). Use every way possible to get him, dump DHo the clown, MWP, & old Gasol contract somewhere (while getting some picks would be preferable), and use Nash off the bench as a secondary main ball handler & perhaps a situational spot up shooter to close the game when match up allowed.

Get a young, athletic, decent PG who can play off the ball (Bledsoe preferable, but if that's impossible, someone like the Rox Tony Douglas would do), and young athletic SF or SG who can shoot & play defense (don't think Jodie Meeks will cut it). Get back to play balanced, post based offense, and somehow someway, buy out D'Antoni remaining contract & get someone decent (Alvin Gentry's not bad, so is Nate McMillan or soon to be available Lionel Hollins, motivator kinda guys). My two centz. :D

Clipper Nation
02-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Get a young, athletic, decent PG who can play off the ball (Bledsoe preferable)

The Clippers will never trade Bledsoe to the Lakers in a million years, tbh.... if he gets traded, it'll probably be to an Eastern Conference team...

StrengthAndHonor
02-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Didn't see you bring up the Ariza comparison earlier but I agree. CH is right though, Clark being 6'10" and considering the evolution of the NBA towards small ball, he's going to get much more than the MLE this summer.

Agree. Never knew EC is 6'10. Thought he was 6'8 or something. 6'10 with range and athleticism are a premium indeed.

Mugen
02-12-2013, 07:32 PM
MRI came back negative. Good news for Lakerfan. Don't know what the remaining fans here would have done had The Clark Knight been out as well tbh.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/301468600865259520

kobedwight2412
02-12-2013, 07:46 PM
get pwned noobs.

Thebesteva
02-12-2013, 07:58 PM

Yup

Latarian Milton
02-13-2013, 01:14 AM
dude just flourished in _'antoni's system but with _'antoni likely gone in summer, he'll be no more than a #8-9 player on a contending team imho