PDA

View Full Version : Today's Right Wing Outrage

Spurminator
02-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Google Search: Obama+ Chris Kyle (https://www.google.com/search?q=chris+kyle+obama&oq=chris+kyle+obama&aqs=chrome.0.57j59j64j62l3.2578&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

I see that, ten days after Kyle's death, on the day of the State of the Union Address, every conservative blog has suddenly realized that President Obama has yet to talk about Chris Kyle, and has judged this to be outrage-worthy.

I'm assuming this is all over AM radio today as well?

TeyshaBlue
02-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks Obama!

ChumpDumper
02-12-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm not sure why this guy rates so highly over other dead vets tbh.

Clipper Nation
02-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Breaking news: members of one political party nitpick president from opposing party over nothing in particular... also, 1+1=2... film at eleven...

ChumpDumper
02-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Really though, if anything it's a missed opportunity for team blue to crow about mental health related to gun violence and such. I'm kind of surprised it didn't happen.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2013, 08:21 PM
lol Glenn Beck's blubbering on-air eulogy was hilarious, especially how he switched gears immediately to pimp Pajamagrams.

boutons_deux
02-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Really though, if anything it's a missed opportunity for team blue to crow about mental health related to gun violence and such. I'm kind of surprised it didn't happen.

mental health isn't the problem, very few mentally ill people are murderous.

the problem is TOO MANY GUNS from criminal sellers and TOO LITTLE/NO GUN SECURITY by owners.

Kyle is just one wasted life out of 30K gun deaths/year, nothing special special about his death. He murdered by the gun, he was murdered by the gun.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2013, 09:40 PM
mental health isn't the problem, very few mentally ill people are murderous.This guy most likely was.

The Sandy Hook killer was.

The Aurora killer was.

That's enough for me to pay attention tbh.

boutons_deux
02-12-2013, 09:53 PM
This guy most likely was.

The Sandy Hook killer was.

The Aurora killer was.

That's enough for me to pay attention tbh.

All their murders add up to fucking nothing compared to 30K guns death every damn year, from mentally normal people.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2013, 09:58 PM
All their murders add up to fucking nothing compared to 30K guns death every damn year, from mentally normal people.Oh they add up to something. Worth looking into at any rate.

boutons_deux
02-12-2013, 10:02 PM
the entire NRA target of "mentally ill people" is bullshit. A deflection from the real problem of too many guns and no gun regulation.

TSA
02-12-2013, 10:17 PM
All their murders add up to fucking nothing compared to 30K guns death every damn year, from mentally normal people.
Of those 30,000 roughly 57% are suicides. The gun didn't make them commit suicide. How bout we go with 15k a year, and I gifted you a few thousand extra deaths.

Vladimir Lenin
02-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Guns do not kill folks. People kill people. You liberals do not get it,.

boutons_deux
02-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Of those 30,000 roughly 57% are suicides. The gun didn't make them commit suicide. How bout we go with 15k a year, and I gifted you a few thousand extra deaths.

many suicide attempts without guns fail, sometime the attempt really a desperate cry for help. suicide by guns is nearly always fatal, often times impulsive, and extremely easy vs other suicide ways. Guns alone INCREASE the successful suicide rate.

Nbadan
02-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Guns do not kill folks. People kill people. You liberals do not get it,.

You've got to be the worst liberal troll ever.

Vladimir Lenin
02-12-2013, 10:59 PM
You've got to be the worst liberal troll ever.
тупица
Nbadan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=78) Nbadan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=78)

spursncowboys
02-12-2013, 11:27 PM
When Whitney Houston died Obama ordered the american flag flown at half mass. When Kyl died, he didn't...

That is what I saw on facebook. I don't know if either are true. But IMO, the flag should have been flown at half mass for Kyle. FWIW

spursncowboys
02-12-2013, 11:29 PM
I don't think it's a right wing thing. It seems more like a military thing.

scott
02-12-2013, 11:35 PM
When Whitney Houston died Obama ordered the american flag flown at half mass. When Kyl died, he didn't...

That is what I saw on facebook. I don't know if either are true. But IMO, the flag should have been flown at half mass for Kyle. FWIW

It was former GOP Hero Chris Christie who ordered flags in NJ at half-staff for Whitney Houston.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57379123-10391698/whitney-houston-n-j-governor-defends-lowering-flags-for-singer/

Which Rush Limbaugh backed Christie up for.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72995.html

Is there any precedent for the nation-wide lowering flags for the individual death of a soldier, regardless of how tragic?

TSA
02-12-2013, 11:55 PM
many suicide attempts without guns fail, sometime the attempt really a desperate cry for help. suicide by guns is nearly always fatal, often times impulsive, and extremely easy vs other suicide ways. Guns alone INCREASE the successful suicide rate.A desperate cry for help? :lol......seek help then, don't fucking try and kill yourself. Are you really trying to justify the way a person attempts suicide? Personally, I don't give a fuck how they do it. If they want to kill themselves, fine by me. To try and label guns as the cause for their suicide is moronic, even by your standards.

baseline bum
02-13-2013, 12:34 AM
A desperate cry for help? :lol......seek help then, don't fucking try and kill yourself. Are you really trying to justify the way a person attempts suicide? Personally, I don't give a fuck how they do it. If they want to kill themselves, fine by me. To try and label guns as the cause for their suicide is moronic, even by your standards.

boutons is like bizarro WC; you don't ague with him, you just point and laugh. LOL at the idea that gun suicides are cries for help like when someone intentionally cuts wrong or takes pills and then tells someone.

TSA
02-13-2013, 12:40 AM
:cry I should have used the .22 instead of the .45 so they could hear my cries for help :cry

Latarian Milton
02-13-2013, 01:00 AM
kyle was the best sniper to serve for the US marines since the gulf war, and his head was priced $10,000 by the enemy countries.

boutons_deux
02-13-2013, 05:55 AM
A desperate cry for help? :lol......

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001554.htm

Fact: People usually have mixed feeling about dying. Even when life seems not worth living, death is still a frightening alternative. But almost nobody commits suicide without letting others know how they are feeling, either directly or indirectly. They give clues which are reallycries for help.

http://www.distresscentreoakville.com/suicide-myths-facts.php

Fact: The suicidal crisis represents a cry for help rather than a wish to die. A part of the person wants to live and a part wants to die. With help the person can be encouraged towards life. If the person receives the help he or she is seeking, an attempt is less likely. Suicidal crises can be relatively short lived.

http://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/Suicide-Myths.html

:lol BITCHES, BE SLAPPED! :lol

z0sa
02-13-2013, 05:58 AM

you're a FITH lord.

spursncowboys
02-13-2013, 07:42 AM
It was former GOP Hero Chris Christie who ordered flags in NJ at half-staff for Whitney Houston.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57379123-10391698/whitney-houston-n-j-governor-defends-lowering-flags-for-singer/

Which Rush Limbaugh backed Christie up for.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72995.html

Is there any precedent for the nation-wide lowering flags for the individual death of a soldier, regardless of how tragic?
No. I guess not.

Darkwaters
02-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Frankly, all you have to do is look at Chicago's gun control regulations vis a vis their gun violence.

Spurminator
02-13-2013, 10:27 AM

I knew you'd be one of the people to fall for this crock of shit. Do you ever stop to wonder if you're being manipulated?

boutons_deux
02-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Frankly, all you have to do is look at Chicago's gun control regulations vis a vis their gun violence.

All YOU have to do is realize that handguns are easily transportable across state lines. AND, Chicago's gun control doesn't apply within even Illinois. iow, GFY

sjacquemotte
02-13-2013, 10:55 AM
I knew you'd be one of the people to fall for this crock of shit. Do you ever stop to wonder if you're being manipulated?

Lol. Cute... seeing as how I stated I wasn't following any part of the story. I guess not to there being a precedent already set. I still feel the most lethal sniper in American history should have gotten it from at the least Texas.

Spurminator
02-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Lol. Cute... seeing as how I stated I wasn't following any part of the story.

You fell for the meme about Whitney Houston without even thinking to do a quick Google search to see if it was true. You believed it enough to post it here. Don't you feel like your trust was a little bit betrayed? Don't you think less of whatever Facebook friend of yours also posted that meme without checking its accuracy? You should.

sjacquemotte
02-13-2013, 11:28 AM
You fell for the meme about Whitney Houston without even thinking to do a quick Google search to see if it was true. You believed it enough to post it here. Don't you feel like your trust was a little bit betrayed? Don't you think less of whatever Facebook friend of yours also posted that meme without checking its accuracy? You should.

I didn't do a search because I didn't care. Which once again o enlightened one, is what I stated earlier. You are assuming allot!

ChumpDumper
02-13-2013, 11:31 AM
I didn't do a search because I didn't care. Which once again o enlightened one, is what I stated earlier. You are assuming allot!If you didn't care, why did you bring it up at all?

clambake
02-13-2013, 11:37 AM
he's programmed to bring it up.

2centsworth
02-13-2013, 10:41 PM
I learned my lesson after I got burned wwith the no
AR-15 found at sandy hook vid. Most definitely manipulation.
however, I did read today that Rubio taking a sip of water was big news.

Woo Bum-kon
02-13-2013, 11:12 PM
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001554.htm

Fact: People usually have mixed feeling about dying. Even when life seems not worth living, death is still a frightening alternative. But almost nobody commits suicide without letting others know how they are feeling, either directly or indirectly. They give clues which are reallycries for help.

http://www.distresscentreoakville.com/suicide-myths-facts.php

Fact: The suicidal crisis represents a cry for help rather than a wish to die. A part of the person wants to live and a part wants to die. With help the person can be encouraged towards life. If the person receives the help he or she is seeking, an attempt is less likely. Suicidal crises can be relatively short lived.

http://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/Suicide-Myths.html

:lol BITCHES, BE SLAPPED! :lol

If I wanted help, I wouldn't put the muzzle of a pistol against my forehead and pull the trigger.

I wouldn't use gun-related suicides against guns because those people want to kill themselves, which is their business.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Here is an aggregate of studies compiled by Harvard. Here are the summaries of some:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/firearms-research/gun-ownership-and-use/

We performed reviews of the academic literature on the effects of gun availability on suicide rates. The preponderance of current evidence indicates that gun availability is a risk factor for youth suicide in the United States. The evidence that gun availability increases the suicide rates of adults is credible, but is currently less compelling. Most of the disaggregate findings of particular studies (e.g. handguns are more of a risk factor than long guns, guns stored unlocked pose a greater risk than guns stored locked) are suggestive but not yet well established.

Using a validated proxy for firearm ownership rates, we analyzed the relationship between firearm availability and suicide across 50 states over a ten year period (1988-1997). After controlling for poverty and urbanization, for every age group, across the United States, people in states with many guns have elevated rates of suicide, particularly firearm suicide.

Using survey data on rates of household gun ownership, we examined the association between gun availability and suicide across states, 1999-2001. States with higher levels of household gun ownership had higher rates of firearm suicide and overall suicide. This relationship held for both genders and all age groups. It remained true after accounting for poverty, urbanization and unemployment. There was no association between gun prevalence and non-firearm suicide.

We analyzed data on suicide and suicide attempts for states in the Northeast. Even after controlling for rates of attempted suicide, states with more guns had higher rates of suicide.

We analyzed the relationship of gun availability and suicide among differing age groups across the 9 US regions. After controlling for divorce, education, unemployment, poverty and urbanization, the statistically significant relationship holds for 15 to 24 year olds and 45 to 84 year olds, but not for 25 to 44 year olds.

This one in particular speaks to the point that boutox is trying to make even if he lacks the charisma to make it

We analyzed the relationship of gun availability and suicide among differing age groups across the 9 US regions. Levels of gun ownership are highly correlated with suicide rates across all age groups, even after controlling for lifetime major depression and serious suicidal thoughts.

Gun owning households do not have more mental health problems than non-gun owning households; differences in mental health do not explain why gun owners and their families are at higher risk for completed suicide than non-gun owning families.

We analyzed data from the Second Injury Control and Risk Survey, a 2001-2003 representative telephone survey of U.S. households. Of over 9,000 respondents, 7% reported past-year suicidal thoughts, and 21% of these had a plan. Respondents with firearms in the home were no more likely to report suicidal thoughts, plans or attempts, but if they had a suicidal plan, it was much more likely to involve firearms. The higher rates of suicide among gun owners and their families cannot be explained by higher rates of suicidal behavior, but can be explained by easy access to a gun.

Across the Northeast, case fatality rates ranged from over 90% for firearms to under 5% for drug overdoses, cutting and piercing (the most common methods of attempted suicide). Hospital workers rarely see the type of suicide (firearm suicide) that is most likely to end in death.

TSA
02-14-2013, 12:21 AM
With this wealth of knowledge one would be shocked to find out that FuzzyLumpkins not only owns a handgun but is in fact still alive, constantly defeating suicide attempts on a daily basis, a true hero.

TSA
02-14-2013, 12:23 AM
Does the amount of firearms owned lead to a greater rate of suicides? Trying to figure out if I should sell off some guns to give me a better chance at beating suicide.