PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The NBA 2013 Champion Prediction Thread

Thebesteva
02-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Who you guys got? I think it's going to be Spurs V Miami, and the NBA will market it as Lebron V Spurs, the revenge for 2007, and even though Spurs are a better overall team the refs will be sure to give it to Miami.

Predictions?

irishock
02-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Heat vs Thunder, Stern will give it back to OKC because they want to make a LeBron-Durant rivalry that neither player acts on

mavs>spurs
02-12-2013, 08:27 PM
heat hands down

Thebesteva
02-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Heat vs Thunder, Stern will give it back to OKC because they want to make a LeBron-Durant rivalry that neither player acts on

If that happens then dont you think they will give it to Durant this year to build a rivalry like Agassi V Sampras? BTW I suggest giving to because the NBA seems to have their hand in every winning for the last 15+ years.

irishock
02-12-2013, 08:29 PM
If that happens then dont you think they will give it to Durant this year to build a rivalry like Agassi V Sampras? BTW I suggest giving to because the NBA seems to have their hand in every winning for the last 15+ years.

?Stern will give it back to OKC

thunderup
02-12-2013, 08:30 PM
We gotta get past the Spurs. This time without Harden. It remains to be seen how KMart will play when the season is on the line. That said, I think Kevin and Russ's brilliance and greatness will get us past them.

I was once worried about the Clippers when they peaked early in the season but I don't see them getting past us or the Spurs.

It'll be us and Miami again.

Revenge time :ihit

Thebesteva
?Stern will give it back to OKC

No I meant if it's Thunder V Heat this year, I would assume the officiating would favor OKC. As much as Stern gets wet over Lebron being the new Jordan I think he would much rather build a Durant V Lebron rivalry that will last for 5-6 years.

Reck
Heat is a given so no need to further specified how the East will shake out.

On the West side, first choice is most obviously the Thunder. But if the Spurs somehow, some way get past them it would be a good match.

Despite what people may tell you, the Spurs really match up well against the Heat.

It would be a dogfight imo.

JamStone
02-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Heat repeat.

The one team I think could give Miami the most problems is the Knicks. But I don't think they can upset the Heat in a playoff series. If they meet up, I do think they will give them some problems though.

spurraider21
02-12-2013, 08:33 PM
I think the Heat are the unanimous choice to come out of the East and are going to be favored no matter who comes out of the West.

StrengthAndHonor
02-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Homer pick: Clippers
Obvious pick: Miami
Darkhorse pick: Denver
Houston Rockets inspired pick: Boston
Loy Vaughts pick: Lakers

Clipper Nation
02-12-2013, 09:01 PM
After the past two games, I'm believing again... Clippers/Heat Finals, with the common sense pick being the Heat prevailing in a classic series... I'll still hope the Clippers can stun the haters and get #14, tbh :lol

AussieFanKurt
02-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Russ's brilliance... :lmao what.. at throwing hissy fits

thunderup
02-12-2013, 09:07 PM
:lmao @ the Clipper fan "believing again"

You're arguably the biggest bitch on the site that bails on his team when they are losing. It's always the :cry but it's Vinny's fault :cry excuse.

Clipper Nation
02-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Vinny sucks... so does Scotty Brooks as we all found out in the Finals...

:lol No adjustments
:lol Redneck paid to scream platitudes at his players

thunderup
02-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Russ's brilliance... :lmao what.. at throwing hissy fits

Actually, it's because he anally fissured the Spurs when it mattered the most. That's why.

irishock
02-12-2013, 09:12 PM
:lmao CN a couple of days ago said the Clippers ceiling is 2nd round

:lmao back on the wagon

thunderup
02-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Vinny sucks... so does Scotty Brooks as we all found out in the Finals...

:lol No adjustments
:lol Redneck paid to scream platitudes at his players
The only problem I have with Scotty is his devotion to overplaying Kendrick when teams go small. This is especially so when playing Miami.

:lol Scotty > Vinny
:lol Scotty outcoaching the best coach in the league IN THE PLAYOFFS
:lol you ignoring that

racm
02-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Actually, it's because he anally fissured the Spurs when it mattered the most. That's why.

son Harden and Durant carried Westbrick's sorry ass while Parker was waxing him on D, tbh.

That said I'd be genuinely surprised if LeGOAT doesn't get to the Finals this season.

racm
02-12-2013, 09:17 PM
The only problem I have with Scotty is his devotion to overplaying Kendrick when teams go small. This is especially so when playing Miami.

:lol Scotty > Vinny
:lol Scotty outcoaching the best coach in the league IN THE PLAYOFFS
:lol you ignoring that

Easy to outcoach Pop when you have Durant tbh. Even Avery Johnson beat Pop when he had a prime Dirk, I'm surprised there weren't any "student has become the teacher" posts when it happened :lmao

Clipper Nation
02-12-2013, 09:19 PM
By the way, Thunderfag, every time you refer to Chris Paul as "Chris Flop" or to the Clippers as "Flop City," you're complaining about the officiating.... that would make you a... wait for it... hypocrite! :lol

StrengthAndHonor
02-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Id like to see a Knicks Clippers finals tbh. No way we beat Miami. We don't even have a punchers chance.:lol and I hope we avoid Denver. We're going to lose against that team tbh. They're underrated as fuck.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2013, 09:21 PM
The Heat vs. Health is the only matchup that matters.

StrengthAndHonor
02-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Health?

thunderup
02-12-2013, 09:24 PM
By the way, Thunderfag, every time you refer to Chris Paul as "Chris Flop" or to the Clippers as "Flop City," you're complaining about the officiating.... that would make you a... wait for it... hypocrite! :lol

How does it make me a hypocrite if I haven't denied that we have a top 10 flopper on our team (K-Mart), CPFlop is a top 3 flopper btw.

:lol another shitful take from the real forum retard

Clipper Nation
02-12-2013, 09:25 PM
You're a hypocrite for telling people with legit complaints about the officiating that they're making excuses one minute and then whining about :cry flopping :cry the next minute...

Brunodf
02-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Unless they face Spurs or Grizzlies in the Finals the Heat will repeat tbh.

RobbyH
02-12-2013, 09:30 PM
:lol Shut the fuck up Thunderup you're also in no position to talk about flopping

baseline bum
02-12-2013, 09:36 PM
I'll still hope the Clippers can stun the haters and get #14, tbh :lol

You guys gotta put your Boston banners up in Staples like the Lakers did with Minneapolis.

midnightpulp
02-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Heat vs. Thunder, with the Heat taking home the O'Brien.

When the Spurs are clicking on all cylinders, they're probably the best team in the league. Problem is, many of those components are role players. I think it's highly unlikely the Spurs can consistently reach their A+ game enough in a playoff series to beat a team like the Thunder or the Heat. Playoffs are so often about who has the better B or C game, and the Spurs don't have the luxury of a transcendent superstar to will them to victory when the role players are in deer-in-headlights mode. The Heat or Thunder don't need Thabo or Collison or Ibaka or Ray Allen or Chalmers to play great to win a series against another contender. For the Spurs to beat a top team, Splitter, Leonard, Green etc are going to have be in top form throughout. A lot to ask.

racm
02-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Heat vs. Thunder, with the Heat taking home the O'Brien.

When the Spurs are clicking on all cylinders, they're probably the best team in the league. Problem is, many of those components are role players. I think it's highly unlikely the Spurs can consistently reach their A+ game enough in a playoff series to beat a team like the Thunder or the Heat. Playoffs are so often about who has the better B or C game, and the Spurs don't have the luxury of a transcendent superstar to will them to victory when the role players are in deer-in-headlights mode. The Heat or Thunder don't need Thabo or Collison or Ibaka or Ray Allen or Chalmers to play great to win a series against another contender. For the Spurs to beat a top team, Splitter, Leonard, Green etc are going to have be in top form throughout. A lot to ask.
"Role players" never get calls. Duh.

Arcadian
02-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Yeah but the Spurs have the best system in the NBA. If everyone simply executes their role properly, and if the Big 3 are healthy, the Spurs are as good a pick as any.

midnightpulp
02-13-2013, 12:04 AM
Yeah but the Spurs have the best system in the NBA. If everyone simply executes their role properly, and if the Big 3 are healthy, the Spurs are as good a pick as any.

They did so during the Thunder series. Danny Green got numerable open shots in his spots and proceeded to choke worse than Hedo in '04. In addition to the Thabo switch, Green playing like shit in that series was one of the key factors that contributed to the loss.

Jacob1983
02-13-2013, 12:57 AM
Well my dream matchup is Grizzlies vs. Bucks but Stern wouldn't allow that because no one would watch and you wouldn't have any East coast or West coast teams so all of the East coast and West coast fans would bitch about that. Realistically, I'd say a rematch of the Thunder and Heat or the Spurs and Heat. There could be a dark horse team come out of the West like the Grizzlies or Nuggets. I think that if it's a rematch of the Thunder and the Heat that the Thunder will win because Stern will want to have another rematch in 2014 and it will be the rubber match Finals.

racm
02-13-2013, 01:00 AM
Well my dream matchup is Grizzlies vs. Bucks but Stern wouldn't allow that because no one would watch and you wouldn't have any East coast or West coast teams so all of the East coast and West coast fans would bitch about that. Realistically, I'd say a rematch of the Thunder and Heat or the Spurs and Heat. There could be a dark horse team come out of the West like the Grizzlies or Nuggets. I think that if it's a rematch of the Thunder and the Heat that the Thunder will win because Stern will want to have another rematch in 2014 and it will be the rubber match Finals.

Who would want to watch the Bucks? They're gonna chuck forever.

Latarian Milton
02-13-2013, 02:32 AM
heat are the favorite to win it all but i wouldn't be surprised if the spurs win it. spurs have a band of role players who can give superstar level performances alternately. spurs and heat are the only two teams whose limits you don't know tbh.

ElNono
02-13-2013, 02:40 AM
If healthy, I'm liking Spurs vs Heat. That's how much I think our defense has improved.

Otherwise, Thunder vs Heat.

Heat will repeat, IMO.

AussieFanKurt
02-13-2013, 04:48 AM
calling anyone else except yourself the forum retard is hypocrisy

rayjayjohnson
02-13-2013, 04:50 AM
:lol at these conspiracy theories.

nba is healthier than ever. think stern gives a fuck about who wins?

lebron is the best player since jordan. he's guide the heat to another ring tbh

Latarian Milton
02-13-2013, 06:24 AM
thunder would have no chance against us while the spurs would give us the toughest matchup we could possible face vs. any team out of the west. spurs have awesome teamwork, their game is balanced and their bench is deeper than ours. bron will be bron but we're also gonna need wade to play at his normal level in order for us to defend the title imho. if the spurs had a hardcore defensive big in the paint like TC, we would be fucked. coaching would be spurs' biggest advantage over us, and the series would last at least 6 games

SpursIndonesia
02-13-2013, 07:31 AM
The Heat: 55%, the Thunder 20%, the Spurs 10%, The Clips 5%, the rest are for other playoff teams from both conferences.

Killakobe81
02-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Heat 75%
OKC 15%
spurs/Knicks 5% (2.5% each)
Other playoff teams combined 5%

Heat can suffer injury to Wade or Bosh for some games during teh playoffs and still win ...

Lebron possibly getting hurt only reason why I list Heat at 75%

Jumi
02-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Spurs vs Heat

I'd love to see Spurs vs Knicks, though!! I hope NY pulls their head out their ass this year and give Miami a run for their money at least!

Question for real Knick fans?? What was the thought process in NY concerning the Bulls in the early 90's! Mangement never gave Ewing any help! Did they think they could beat the Bulls with Ewing and Starks!! Besides D Rob, Ewing was a guy that seriously needed a second guy. Thank God for Duncan!!

Killakobe81
02-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Spurs are improved but who was playing better than the Spurs before they got backdoor swept last year ? Simmons, Wilbon, Bayless etc were calling them the best passing team since the 1986 Celtics. But guess what THEY STILL LOST. Enjoy this seson Spur fans ... you have so much to be proud of; the development of Lenard, the play of Tony and the resurgence of Duncan.

But no way this team beats James. In fact beating OKC even without Harden would be considered a significant accomplishment. I think maybe they can beat CLips, MEM, DEN etc ... but dont see them beating Durant or Lebron ... I just don't see a scenario even if the role players step up where that happens. Good news for Spurs is they are strong PG/frontcourt where Heat is weaker but JAmes covers up almost every flaw the Heat has .

Spurs against Heat is liek facing a young, faster more athletic, perimter based Tim Duncan ... how can they beat that?

Richie
02-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Heat/Thunder are of course favourites. Spurs with a good chance though.

My dark horse? Indiana. If they can dominate the boards against Miami, they can beat them.

jeebus
02-13-2013, 11:10 AM
If the Spurms make a trade and dump some of the dead weight off the team, I'd go with them. Til then, Heat are the champs and the favs but if they lose in the playoffs, I'll say Spurs as I think OKC will miss Harden a lot.

hotsauce0987
02-13-2013, 11:17 AM
I think that ron artest jinxed the lakers with his dumb prediction of beating the bulls 72 win season!

Spurs 4 The Win
02-13-2013, 11:20 AM
We gotta get past the Spurs. This time without Harden. It remains to be seen how KMart will play when the season is on the line. That said, I think Kevin and Russ's brilliance and greatness will get us past them.

I was once worried about the Clippers when they peaked early in the season but I don't see them getting past us or the Spurs.

It'll be us and Miami again.

Revenge time :ihit

Haha, yeah right, Spurs are gonna toast that crybaby bitch Westbrook

Spurs 4 The Win
02-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Heat 75%
OKC 15%
spurs/Knicks 5% (2.5% each)
Other playoff teams combined 5%

Heat can suffer injury to Wade or Bosh for some games during teh playoffs and still win ...

Lebron possibly getting hurt only reason why I list Heat at 75%

Lol at Knicks having as good of a chance as the Spurs to win it all.... fail

Mel_13
02-13-2013, 11:32 AM
The Heat are the overwhelming favorites to win it all.

The Harden trade opened up the West. The Thunder are still the favorites, but it's not the easy pick it would have been had they kept Harden.

timtonymanu
02-13-2013, 11:35 AM
If the Spurms make a trade and dump some of the dead weight off the team, I'd go with them. Til then, Heat are the champs and the favs but if they lose in the playoffs, I'll say Spurs as I think OKC will miss Harden a lot.

Pop has pretty much ditched Blair. Bonner also isn't in the rotation. Neal needs to be demoted to 3rd string SG.

timtonymanu
02-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Homer pick: Spurs vs Knicks

What I think will happen: Heat vs Thunder*

I barely chose the Thunder to represent the West. If they still had Harden, they would easily make the Finals.

Killakobe81
02-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Lol at Knicks having as good of a chance as the Spurs to win it all.... fail

Both would require a Lebron injury ... Spurs have the better team but Knicks have a star that can catch fire and drop 40 to win a game. I say their chances are equal also because West is a tougher than the East and an upset more plausible ...

My % doesnt mean the teams are equal I just think they have equal chances to win based on lot's of factors ...

jeebus
02-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Pop has pretty much ditched Blair. Bonner also isn't in the rotation. Neal needs to be demoted to 3rd string SG.
Can you swear to me that Pop won't play the turd towers in the playoffs with Neal running point? I can't take that risk :lol

timtonymanu
02-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Can you swear to me that Pop won't play the turd towers in the playoffs with Neal running point? I can't take that risk :lol

LOL well we barely saw that lineup when the team was fully healthy. But it is possible. Personally, I hope all 3 are traded.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Heat: 50%
Thunder: 20%
Spurs: 15%
Clippers: 7.5%
Lakers: 5%
Knicks: 2%
The field: 0.5%

TIMMYtoZO
02-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Miami wins it all as long as health is not their enemy. The West is wide open after OKC dealt Harden for crappy draft picks and a major downgrade replacement in Kevin Martin.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Both would require a Lebron injury ... Spurs have the better team but Knicks have a star that can catch fire and drop 40 to win a game. I say their chances are equal also because West is a tougher than the East and an upset more plausible ...

My % doesnt mean the teams are equal I just think they have equal chances to win based on lot's of factors ...

Your stupidity is amazing

Killakobe81
02-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Your stupidity is amazing

Let me ask you this smart guy who has an easier path to the conference Finals Spurs or Knicks?

Again like I said not saying Knicks are better than the Spurs or even equal to the Spurs but there are less teams in the East for the Knicks to deal with than the Spurs will face in the West ...or do you think the conferences are equal?

Jacob1983
02-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Wouldn't Stern and his minions want a rematch? Wouldn't they want a rematch and for the Thunder to win this year so they can set up a rubber match Finals in 2014?

Spurs 4 The Win
02-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Let me ask you this smart guy who has an easier path to the conference Finals Spurs or Knicks?

Again like I said not saying Knicks are better than the Spurs or even equal to the Spurs but there are less teams in the East for the Knicks to deal with than the Spurs will face in the West ...or do you think the conferences are equal?

I think the spurs have an easier path to the finals. The first two rounds should be easy (if they get the 1 seed). The WCF will be a toss up.
Knicks could lose to the pacers or the Heat or even Chicago (if Rose comes back). And they wont beat the heat.
But if they do, they have ZERO chance to beat the Thunder or Spurs.
And before you say anything, I know they are 2-0 vs the spurs this year but spurs could take them in 5 no problem.
BTW, Cleveland was 2-0 vs the Spurs before we LeBroomed them

z0sa
02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Spurs vs Miami

lebomb
02-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Finals Odds

Heat vs OKC (w/Harden 75%)
Heat vs OKC (w/o Harden 50%)
Heat vs Spurs 50%

Captivus
02-13-2013, 05:27 PM
The problem I have with the Clippers, is that they will have to beat OKC, SAS and MIA in order to be the champs...in what? 30-40 days?
Not easy.
I just hope the NYK take the East Finals to 7 games against MIA.

phxspurfan
02-13-2013, 05:38 PM
The two best teams are for sure the Thunder and Heat. But there's a lot of games to be played from now until the conference finals. Injuries happen and if they do, the Spurs may have a shot.

phxspurfan
02-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Spurs vs Heat

I'd love to see Spurs vs Knicks, though!! I hope NY pulls their head out their ass this year and give Miami a run for their money at least!

Question for real Knick fans?? What was the thought process in NY concerning the Bulls in the early 90's! Mangement never gave Ewing any help! Did they think they could beat the Bulls with Ewing and Starks!! Besides D Rob, Ewing was a guy that seriously needed a second guy. Thank God for Duncan!!

True, but the 90s weren't made up of superstar teams besides the late 90s Rockettes. Other than that, most great teams in the 90s were balanced in almost every way. Some offense, some defense, some scrubs, some enforcers, some stars and some shooters.

Magic: Shaq/Penny
Bulls: Jordan/Pippen (Batman and Robin)
Knicks: Ewing/Starks
Spurs: Robinson/Elliotttt
Suns: Barkley/KJ
Jazz: Stockton/Malone
Warriors: Utep2Step/CWebb
Pacers: Miller/Smits

God I miss 90s bball. So balanced.

Latarian Milton
02-13-2013, 08:02 PM
spurs will be a serious challenger this year imho. they got beaten in the hands of OKC last year but they ain't losing to the same team 2 years in a row

Budkin
02-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Rematch of last year, same result. Would love to say the Spurs will be there but I don't think they can beat OKC in 7 games. They blew their chance last year.