PDA

View Full Version : What WR would you most like on your team?

DeadlyDynasty
02-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Mike Wallace
Wes Welker
Danny Amendola
Greg Jennings
Dwayne Bowe
Percy Harvin
Randy Moss

Shane27
02-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Greg Jennings or Wes Welker

Lincoln
02-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Harvin if healthy or bowe

DeadlyDynasty
02-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Harvin if healthy or bowe

Gotta go with Bowe too. He's put up some impressive #'s with the worst QBs in the league throwing to him...just imagine what he'd do with a stud QB. He's a freak athlete

monosylab1k
02-13-2013, 06:33 PM
I'd love to have Bowe. Jennings probably my second option.

Blake
02-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Where did you come up with this list?

Amendola is Welker lite, so he's out.

Moss is old so he's out.

Wallace is a home run hitter, but I'm not sure about his route running.

Yeah, I'll take Bowe by a hair over Wes. I'd also love to see what he could after a few years with a great QB.

FlaSpursFan
02-13-2013, 07:08 PM
I would go with Bowe but its close with him Gennings and Wallace for who I would want for the phins.

DeadlyDynasty
02-13-2013, 07:15 PM

Current FA's and/or trade bait

TIMMYtoZO
02-13-2013, 07:17 PM
I would go with Bowe but its close with him Gennings and Wallace for who I would want for the phins.

The Phins would still watch New England win that division and eventually trade that star WR for a pick in a few years.

:lol Miami Dolphins
:lol Phins fans talking big about their team each year only to see the same shitty results
:lol choosing a Big 12 QB in the first round

Wes Welker
02-13-2013, 07:35 PM

Amendola is Welker lite, so he's out.

Moss is old so he's out.

Wallace is a home run hitter, but I'm not sure about his route running.

Yeah, I'll take Bowe by a hair over Wes. I'd also love to see what he could after a few years with a great QB.

Well golly sir, i surely do perciate the kind words. I cain't say where i'ma be catchin footbawls next year but i jess wanna say that i'll try hard to not drop so many passes like i did with the Patreits.

FlaSpursFan
02-13-2013, 08:10 PM
The Phins would still watch New England win that division and eventually trade that star WR for a pick in a few years.

:lol Miami Dolphins
:lol Phins fans talking big about their team each year only to see the same shitty results
:lol choosing a Big 12 QB in the first round

? most places I go phins fans know we are not that good. What are we not supposed to talk about our team just because we are mediocre at best last season and dont look to be much better next season?

Must be an insecure giants fan. Yes I get it you really root for a New Jersey team... it must suck. At least eli can be the face of down syndrome in the NFL. Right?

Blake
02-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Current FA's and/or trade bait

ah.

Blake
02-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Well golly sir, i surely do perciate the kind words. I cain't say where i'ma be catchin footbawls next year but i jess wanna say that i'll try hard to not drop so many passes like i did with the Patreits.

I hear a phong ringing

TIMMYtoZO
02-13-2013, 08:52 PM
? most places I go phins fans know we are not that good. What are we not supposed to talk about our team just because we are mediocre at best last season and dont look to be much better next season?

Must be an insecure giants fan. Yes I get it you really root for a New Jersey team... it must suck. At least eli can be the face of down syndrome in the NFL. Right?

:lol fuming with anger
:lol being a Phins fan
:lol no playoff wins since 2001
:lol have not had a good QB since Marino

FlaSpursFan
02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
:lol fuming with anger
:lol being a Phins fan
:lol no playoff wins since 2001
:lol have not had a good QB since Marino

And? Like I said I dont think my team is good. At least my QB doesnt belong on a Down syndrome poster though.

Should I just bandwagon on to a recent Superbowl winning team like most Giants fans?

DeadlyDynasty
02-13-2013, 09:20 PM
I'll take a Down Syndrome QB if it means 2 rings (and possibly more)

Blake
02-13-2013, 09:23 PM
No shit. If Corky can throw then hell yeah.

FlaSpursFan
02-13-2013, 09:26 PM
I'll take a Down Syndrome QB if it means 2 rings (and possibly more)

What I dont get is why a New Jersey Giants fan would be insecure enough to attack a Dolphins fan. No rivalry, not even in the same confrence. Doesnt make any sense unless NJ Giants fans are just that insecure about their own team. Maybe its because they can only talk smack to other teams that didnt make the playoffs? Who knows? All I know is that they should be worried about the Skins taking over their division.

Blake
02-13-2013, 09:28 PM
lol Tannehill

Roflmao Henne

DeadlyDynasty
02-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Finfans are just fun to make fun of, bro. it is what it is

FlaSpursFan
02-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Is that a cowboys fan? Seriously? What room do you have to talk any shit? Romo is garbage along with the rest of your team.

I cant say anything bad to a bills fan. They have went through enough loosing all those super bowls.

Chinook
02-13-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm probably biased from watching the AFCN mostly, but if Wallace can do the things he did a couple of years ago consistently, he'd be awesome opposite Torrey.

djohn2oo8
02-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Andre all day everyday. I'd just want to see what he could do with a real QB, but had to play with the likes of David Carr and Matt Noodle ass arm Schaub.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Bowe Jennings Wallace in that order

Blake
02-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Is that a cowboys fan? Seriously? What room do you have to talk any shit? Romo is garbage along with the rest of your team.

lol drafting a wide receiver in the first round to be a starting QB.
lol Marino
lol Henne
lol Reggie Bush being the best dolphin running back in the last 30 years
lol just a shitty run organization

and why the fuck does the dolphin wearing the helmet have an ”M” on his helmet instead of a picture of himself wearing a helmet?

I would think Eli drew it

FlaSpursFan
02-13-2013, 10:39 PM
lol drafting a wide receiver in the first round to be a starting QB.
lol Marino
lol Henne
lol Reggie Bush being the best dolphin running back in the last 30 years
lol just a shitty run organization

and why the fuck does the dolphin wearing the helmet have an ”M” on his helmet instead of a picture of himself wearing a helmet?

I would think Eli drew it

lol undrafted choker for a QB.
lol cant even make the playoffs with a roster full of names.
lol your team must suck to only get one more win than my team last season. I sure know my team suced last season.

shyne
02-13-2013, 10:40 PM
I'd take Jennings to play alongside dre. If not then Wallace

Blake
02-13-2013, 10:55 PM
I sure know my team suced last season.

And will for years to come.

Tannehillol

tlongII
02-14-2013, 12:46 AM
Fitzgerald.

vander
02-14-2013, 12:56 AM
Boldin, he's like Antonio Gates without the constant injuries. he bails you out, he catches that shitty desperation pass you had to throw after 4 seconds in the pocket and not reading the defense right, or at all

dirk4mvp
02-14-2013, 02:49 AM
Luck to Wallace :jack

gI10HFljUew

Vladimir Lenin
02-14-2013, 09:16 AM
DezBryant

Bill_Brasky
02-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Amendola is already better than Welker, just needs to stay healthy.

Harvin for sure though.

DeadlyDynasty
02-14-2013, 02:47 PM
I'd be a little hesitant with Harvin due to injury concerns. Does he still suffer from migraines too?

LnGrrrR
02-14-2013, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't mind Harvin getting to the Pats, or Bowe.

FlaSpursFan
02-14-2013, 03:57 PM
And will for years to come.

Tannehillol

Lol a fan of a team with choke job Romo taking shots at other teams QBs. Your team will suck for years to come as well. Only difference is that ESPN will continue to think the cowgirls have a chance at the playoffs every year.

gaKNOW!blee
02-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Harvin if healthy, then Jennings and Bowe.

Blake
02-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Lol a fan of a team with choke job Romo taking shots at other teams QBs. Your team will suck for years to come as well. Only difference is that ESPN will continue to think the cowgirls have a chance at the playoffs every year.

The other difference is that the TV set hanging in jerry world is worth more than the shitty dolphins.

monosylab1k
02-14-2013, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't mind Harvin getting to the Pats, or Bowe.

I'd love to see them both. Let Welker go and decline the option for Lloyd. I'd have the biggest sports boner since the Sunday morning when i found out they traded for Moss.

DeadlyDynasty
02-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Harvin, Bowe, Gronk, and Hernandez...yeah...Ridley would avg at least 10ypc in that offense

Blake
02-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Harvin, Bowe, Gronk, and Hernandez...yeah...Ridley would avg at least 10ypc in that offense

With Wes.

Without, 8ypc

monosylab1k
02-14-2013, 05:29 PM
With Wes.

Without, 8ypc

It'll be easier for Ridley to get big gains when Wes isn't around to drop passes on 3rd down to force the punting unit onto the field.

FlaSpursFan
02-14-2013, 07:39 PM
The other difference is that the TV set hanging in jerry world is worth more than the shitty dolphins.

Does watching shit on a bigger TV make it any less of shit.

Lol Romo fan taking shots at Tannehill like you have any room to talk...

Blake
02-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Does watching shit on a bigger TV make it any less of shit.

The point being that people care about a TV more than the Dolphins.

Lol Romo fan taking shots at Tannehill like you have any room to talk...

Undrafted> aggie wide receiver

FlaSpursFan
02-14-2013, 08:09 PM
The point being that people care about a TV more than the Dolphins.

Undrafted> aggie wide receiver

People care about the TV more than they care about the cowgirls...

Aggie wide reciever> undrafted eastern illinois QB

Blake
02-14-2013, 09:04 PM
Look if we're arguing who is closer to the bottom, it's lol dolphins.

Sorry, there is just no way around it.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Dwayne Bowe

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-17-2013, 02:28 PM
I'd love to see them both. Let Welker go and decline the option for Lloyd. I'd have the biggest sports boner since the Sunday morning when i found out they traded for Moss.

I like Lloyd for what he's being paid. Expecting him to be the #1 outside threat was retarded (like I said at the time), but that's not his fault. Unfortunately after the extensions Gronk and Hernandez got they have too much money locked up in two brittle tight ends and it'll prevent them from having a complete group of receivers. Jake Ballard will help next year when Gronk and/or Hernandez gets injured, but them bringing in a real #1 receiver like Bowe is a pipe dream.

Not that I don't like Harvin but he operates over the middle of the field and the middle of the field is already too crowded on offense. Any money they spend at receiver should be someone who draws safety help deep and away from the middle of the field. Brady makes complete scrubs productive slot receivers so there's no reason to waste money at the position when their outside receivers blow.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Look if we're arguing who is closer to the bottom, it's lol dolphins.

Sorry, there is just no way around it.
I'd say the Jerruh factor puts the Cowboys firmly below the Dolphins, tbh....

Blake
02-17-2013, 05:31 PM
I'd say the Jerruh factor puts the Cowboys firmly below the Dolphins, tbh....

Not any time in the foreseeable future, imo

jjktkk
02-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Can't teach speed. Give me Wallace.

mojorizen7
02-26-2013, 12:06 AM
Amendola is a helluva football player but he is fragile. I hope the Rams don't break the bank to retain him. We've got other FA 's we've got to resign(guys that can stay healthy and contribute over 16 games).

We've already got a younger Mike Wallace-type with Chris Givens so....i voted Greg Jennings.

DeadlyDynasty
03-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Take Dwayne Bowe off the list. Chiefs re-signed him to a 5-year deal.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 04:51 PM
That sucks.

Blake
03-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Bowe must have got excited that Alex Smith would be throwing him the ball?

Head scratcher, imo.

monosylab1k
03-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Jennings probably staying in Green Bay too. I guess Monkeyball Wallace is the next best option.

DeadlyDynasty
03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Jennings probably staying in Green Bay too. I guess Monkeyball Wallace is the next best option.
Sports radio down here says that Miami is going to make a strong push for Wallace...they have a ton of cap space and are forced to overpay, given their situation.

Blake
03-04-2013, 10:08 PM
if only the fins still had Welker, Marshall and Henne.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 10:29 PM
lol trading a top 5 receiver for nothing and overpaying a 1 dimensional deep threat as his replacement

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 10:30 PM

Link? I figured he was as good as gone with green bay's cap situation.

TIMMYtoZO
03-04-2013, 10:58 PM
:lol I hope Bowe enjoys watching Peyton Manning continue to dominate that division. He is going to die in KC woth that turd Alex Smith throwing him the ball.

Raven
03-05-2013, 05:14 PM
so with bowe gone, wallace asking more than bowe, only jennings and welker remains... since i dislike jennings big time, i'd be happy to take wes back, hopefully at 7 per year..

DeadlyDynasty
03-06-2013, 07:41 PM
I'd say Wallace definitely ends up in Miami if anybody other than Jeff Ireland conducts the negotiations.

Chinook
03-11-2013, 12:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9040142/minnesota-vikings-trade-percy-harvin-seattle-seahawks-sources

Seattle making moves.

Blake
03-12-2013, 08:14 AM
How did the 49ers get Boldin for a 6th rounder? Did i hear that right?

Meanwhile the cowboys do things like give away their left nut for like Roy Coddle Williams.

Spur-Addict
03-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Percy Harvin. Oh, wait....(?)

Blake
03-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Percy Harvin. Oh, wait....(?)

Stupid trade for the Seahawks

Spur-Addict
03-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Stupid trade for the Seahawks

That's your perspective. We HAD no true number one wideout. It was a glaring need. If we gave up a 4th round pick or later for next year I'm happy. I'm fine with the first and seventh. We had no one who demanded a double team or a heightened level of attention as a WR. We don't have the luxury of pass catching depth like the Cowboys. I think there is sufficient D Line depth in this years draft to justify trading away the 1st. To have rolled the dice on particular WR's being available that have explosive abilty as well as all purpose ability playing at the level of a Harvin is a gamble.

Blake
03-12-2013, 09:47 AM
I know Viking players are unhappy about losing him, but they raped the Seahawks on this deal.

vander
03-12-2013, 10:20 AM
the seahawks had quite a few good receivers though, they going to keep all of them?

Spur-Addict
03-12-2013, 10:57 AM
I know Viking players are unhappy about losing him, but they raped the Seahawks on this deal.

It will be hard for a substantial number of picks to make next years team.

the seahawks had quite a few good receivers though, they going to keep all of them?

I'd say there are three "Good" WR's from last year in my opinion. Rice, Tate and Baldwin. Everyone else is expendable.

Blake
03-12-2013, 01:40 PM
It will be hard for a substantial number of picks to make next years

Its not about one year and you can never have too many linemen. You're mortgaging the future and future cap space on a wide receiver.

And he might not even be a top ten receiver at that.

Meanwhile, the Vikings get rid of what would have been an expensive malcontent at an expendable skill position and get three draft picks in the process.

Rape.

Spur-Addict
03-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Its not about one year and you can never have too many linemen. You're mortgaging the future and future cap space on a wide receiver.

And he might not even be a top ten receiver at that.

Meanwhile, the Vikings get rid of what would have been an expensive malcontent at an expendable skill position and get three draft picks in the process.

Rape.

:lol @ not top 10.

:lol @ Mortgaging the future. The team is extremly young. Additionally, the NFL draft is for the most part consistently deep.

:lol @ Malcontent. WR's are historically divas, especially really good ones with shit QB's. Even more so, good ones on a rookie contract who are looking for that first big contract. You have to pay your best players.

I'll give you one thing, it's true you can never have enough good lineman. But like I said, deep draft this year. Oh noes :madrun, we gave away a seventh round pick.

vander
03-12-2013, 02:05 PM
IMO they should trade Sidney Rice to get back a pick. they're going to need another RB, Marshawn Lynch isn't going to carry them much further, he's overdue for a steep drop off.

Blake
03-12-2013, 02:23 PM
:lol @ not top 10.

:lol @ Mortgaging the future. The team is extremly young. Additionally, the NFL draft is for the most part consistently deep.

:lol @ Malcontent. WR's are historically divas, especially really good ones with shit QB's. Even more so, good ones on a rookie contract who are looking for that first big contract. You have to pay your best players.

I'll give you one thing, it's true you can never have enough good lineman. But like I said, deep draft this year. Oh noes :madrun, we gave away a seventh round pick.

I can easily name 10 receivers as good or better than Percy.

Oh noes, I read it was a first, a seventh and a fourth rounder the hawks gave up for a diva in addition to being contractually obligated to eat a giant Norse dick.

Spur-Addict
03-12-2013, 02:28 PM
IMO they should trade Sidney Rice to get back a pick. they're going to need another RB, Marshawn Lynch isn't going to carry them much further, he's overdue for a steep drop off.

Turbin isn't bad at spelling Lynch. A North/South guy with more speed than Lynch. You're right in the sense that Lynch gets a lot of carries. I think you'll see Turbin take on an increased role next year. He was a rookie last season, but matured very well as the season went on. But, another one wouldn't hurt.

Spur-Addict
03-12-2013, 02:29 PM
You win Blake :lol We'll just have to see it play out.

Blake
03-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Just telling the truth. There are only a handful of wide receivers in history that are/worthy of a first round draft pick.

Yet GMs/owners/fans fall for wide receiver hype year after year.

vander
03-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Harvin still hasn't hit his prime, and there's no way you can say he was a reach or bust as a first round pick. if he can stay healthy, he's everything a GM could hope for from a late first round WR.

tlongII
03-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Just telling the truth. There are only a handful of wide receivers in history that are/worthy of a first round draft pick.

Yet GMs/owners/fans fall for wide receiver hype year after year.

Dude, Percy Harvin was an MVP candidate before he sprained his ankle last season! :lol This was a GREAT trade for the Seahawks! They have more talent than any team in the league!

Blake
03-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Harvin still hasn't hit his prime, and there's no way you can say he was a reach or bust as a first round pick. if he can stay healthy, he's everything a GM could hope for from a late first round WR.

If you're into drafting receivers in the first round, sure, he's as good a pick as many first round WRs.

Personally, i think drafting a WR in the first round it's the dumbest thing that GMs do.

Blake
03-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Dude, Percy Harvin was an MVP candidate before he sprained his ankle last season! :lol This was a GREAT trade for the Seahawks! They have more talent than any team in the league!

Harvin was never a legitimate candidate, but his name was only being thrown out there because of his all purpose yardage.

If Wilson is really legit, Percy won't see one down as a wildcat QB.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Percy is also not a #1 type receiver who makes big plays outside the numbers. I think Seattle easily needed more help on its D-line than at WR. They better keep Alan Branch or their D-line will really be f:lolcked