View Full Version : Cavs: Elite PG K.Irving statline against Tony Parker

Brunodf
02-13-2013, 09:37 PM
:lol
2-15 FG, 6 pts/7ast/3rebs/2to in 32 minutes

Tony Parker 8-14 FG, 24pts/7ast/6rebs/3to in 34 minutes

AussieFanKurt
02-13-2013, 09:38 PM
TRADE TONY PARKER... WHAT A FUCKING DUD!

racm
02-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Remember when Bruce locked DOWN LeGOAT in the Finals? :hat

TDMVPDPOY
02-13-2013, 09:41 PM
just another australian posting up australian stats in the nba....nothing to see here, move on along

lefty
02-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Great team D by the Spurs TBH

Brunodf
02-13-2013, 09:56 PM

Tony D was good too

Latarian Milton
02-13-2013, 09:59 PM
truth bomb. spurs play great D as a team and Irving is the one guy they pay the most defensive attention to, while the spurs function like a machine at the offensive end and it makes scoring an easy mission for everyone tbh. tony is a solid player but i'd still pick Irving as the better player anyday

EmoKobe
02-13-2013, 10:02 PM
tony is a solid player but i'd still pick Irving as the better player anyday

Explain reason why

SpursIndonesia
02-13-2013, 10:02 PM
truth bomb. spurs play great D as a team and Irving is the one guy they pay the most defensive attention to, while the spurs function like a machine at the offensive end and it makes scoring an easy mission for everyone tbh. tony is a solid player but i'd still pick Irving as the better player anyday

You always pick the MUCH younger player (with unrealized potential & maturity curve) when the comparison is beetween players in the same level of competition. But for THIS season, Tony Parker > Kyrie Irving, and that's the fuckin truth.

FlaSpursFan
02-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Yeah we should surely trade TP for Irvings overrated ass...

Latarian Milton
02-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Irving confronted OKC's duo the other night and ended up on the winning side. dude certainly has the potential to be a great player and his ceiling is MUCH higher than tony parker's, he might be inconsistent sometimes but that's a fair price for the growth of such a wonderkid. throw tony parker into a shitty franchise like the cavs and he would also struggle to make ends meet imho, and if you give spurs Irving right now, NBA = fucked

racm
02-13-2013, 11:13 PM
The way I see it Irving's one of the deadliest players in the league but he can stand to improve his playmaking.

whitemamba
02-13-2013, 11:53 PM

great team D? its the fuckin cavs, the only defense they need to play is on irving...

DPG21920
02-13-2013, 11:57 PM
great team D? its the fuckin cavs, the only defense they need to play is on irving...

To be fair, he was 2/15 with a season low 6 points. TP did work.

Latarian Milton
02-14-2013, 12:06 AM
yeah nigga, that's why Irving struggled to perform tonight. spurs D ain't no longer the elite level like their championship years but it's still better than 3/4 of NBA teams. Irving is the only threat on his team, other teams also know that but would still allow him to score at will. spurs deserve some credit for keeping him quiet and honest imho, and it's beyond tony's ability to lock him down one-on-one at the defensive end tbh

whitemamba
To be fair, he was 2/15 with a season low 6 points. TP did work.

i didnt see the game, but i wouldnt be surprised if the spurs just hounded him, no driving lane, no shot no nothing.. but thats just him, thats all

Kidd K

Actually, I kinda laughed when the Cavs announcer tried to make excuses for it and said Tony was only stopping him because he was getting good help defense. . .then Tony shut down Irving on the next 3 possession without help defense, and on the other end, hit a shot in Irving's face, got another wide open shot (missed though), then broke down the Cavs defense by himself to get the game winning assist to Leonard in the corner to put the Spurs up by 1, then again shut down Irving by himself to seal the game.

Tony shat on Irving by himself as well as with using his teammates. That's what a smart basketball player does, and in no way is a knock on Tony Parker's ability to defend or score. Only dumb players don't use their teammates.

Irving confronted OKC's duo the other night and ended up on the winning side. dude certainly has the potential to be a great player and his ceiling is MUCH higher than tony parker's, he might be inconsistent sometimes but that's a fair price for the growth of such a wonderkid. throw tony parker into a shitty franchise like the cavs and he would also struggle to make ends meet imho, and if you give spurs Irving right now, NBA = fucked

Not in exchange for Parker. Irving to the Spurs for NOBODY, or the Spurs' backup PG. . .sure. Irving would be a great backup. Irving for Tony = Spurs get worse. Don't be a clown. Irving has zero chemistry with anyone on the Spurs and is worse on both ends of the floor right now. Maybe in a few years Irving will be better. Right now, he isn't.

A few more PPG doesn't mean shit when you're on a losing team that plays in the eastern conference.

EmoKobe
02-14-2013, 12:07 AM
i didnt see the game, but i wouldnt be surprised if the spurs just hounded him, no driving lane, no shot no nothing.. but thats just him, thats all

He took too many contested Js

whitemamba
02-14-2013, 12:08 AM
He took too many contested Js

Latarian Milton
02-14-2013, 12:19 AM
Actually, I kinda laughed when the Cavs announcer tried to make excuses for it and said Tony was only stopping him because he was getting good help defense. . .then Tony shut down Irving on the next 3 possession without help defense, and on the other end, hit a shot in Irving's face, got another wide open shot (missed though), then broke down the Cavs defense by himself to get the game winning assist to Leonard in the corner to put the Spurs up by 1, then again shut down Irving by himself to seal the game.

Tony shat on Irving by himself as well as with using his teammates. That's what a smart basketball player does, and in no way is a knock on Tony Parker's ability to defend or score. Only dumb players don't use their teammates.

Not in exchange for Parker. Irving to the Spurs for NOBODY, or the Spurs' backup PG. . .sure. Irving would be a great backup. Irving for Tony = Spurs get worse. Don't be a clown. Irving has zero chemistry with anyone on the Spurs and is worse on both ends of the floor right now. Maybe in a few years Irving will be better. Right now, he isn't.

A few more PPG doesn't mean shit when you're on a losing team that plays in the eastern conference.
for sure the Irving tonight ain't the best of him we've seen and he should take it as a price for growth, but it's not like tony parker has turned an elite defender overnight. and i don't think spurs would be stupid enough to decline a tony - Irving swap if they're offered such a proposal. it's gonna take some time for the new acquisition to fit into the spurs system and it'll cause spasm in the short term, but it's not like the spurs had a big chance to beat clippers or miami this year anyway, and it will turn out to be a perfect deal for them spurs in the long run. plus Irving will mature faster under pop's tutorship, and in a few years you'll have a new franchise player to build another dynasty upon.

Kidd K
02-14-2013, 12:59 AM
for sure the Irving tonight ain't the best of him we've seen and he should take it as a price for growth, but it's not like tony parker has turned an elite defender overnight. and i don't think spurs would be stupid enough to decline a tony - Irving swap if they're offered such a proposal. it's gonna take some time for the new acquisition to fit into the spurs system and it'll cause spasm in the short term, but it's not like the spurs had a big chance to beat clippers or miami this year anyway, and it will turn out to be a perfect deal for them spurs in the long run. plus Irving will mature faster under pop's tutorship, and in a few years you'll have a new franchise player to build another dynasty upon.

Tony Parker also didn't turn into a shitty defender over night either. He's always been pretty good. Of course, I never claimed he was "elite", as you're saying now.

And actually, a Parker/Irving swap would be a stupid deal to take for the Spurs. "it would take time for him to fit in" is not a viable excuse when the Spurs' window to win is right now. . .not a few years from now. Duncan is 36, Ginobili is 35. By time Irving becomes as good as Parker, Duncan is going to be 38 and about to retire while Ginobili will be 37 and about to retire. Now where did those last 2 years go? Right down the toilet because they would've just downgraded the present for a future that is dimmer than the present is now right Parker.

Also, the Spurs are playing better than both the Clippers and Heat this year. They did last year too. I still hold true to my opinion that OKC only won because of shoddy officiating, and that the Spurs would've been strong against the Heat. I don't think this year will be any different should they meet in the Finals.

The deal definitley isn't "perfect" at all. It slams shut their window to win now for an uncertain future. Bad move for both teams.

ElNono
02-14-2013, 01:54 AM

Lakers should've called you when they visited Cleveland, tbh

whitemamba
02-14-2013, 01:57 AM
Lakers should've called you when they visited Cleveland, tbh

kobe played D on irving not the lakers

ElNono
02-14-2013, 01:58 AM
kobe played D on irving not the lakers

PingPong
02-14-2013, 03:56 AM

I guess it didn't worked for the Lakers... since they lost to the f*n Cavs!

Latarian Milton
02-14-2013, 09:00 AM
:lmao this guy's language ^

Latarian Milton
02-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Tony Parker also didn't turn into a shitty defender over night either. He's always been pretty good. Of course, I never claimed he was "elite", as you're saying now.

And actually, a Parker/Irving swap would be a stupid deal to take for the Spurs. "it would take time for him to fit in" is not a viable excuse when the Spurs' window to win is right now. . .not a few years from now. Duncan is 36, Ginobili is 35. By time Irving becomes as good as Parker, Duncan is going to be 38 and about to retire while Ginobili will be 37 and about to retire. Now where did those last 2 years go? Right down the toilet because they would've just downgraded the present for a future that is dimmer than the present is now right Parker.

Also, the Spurs are playing better than both the Clippers and Heat this year. They did last year too. I still hold true to my opinion that OKC only won because of shoddy officiating, and that the Spurs would've been strong against the Heat. I don't think this year will be any different should they meet in the Finals.

The deal definitley isn't "perfect" at all. It slams shut their window to win now for an uncertain future. Bad move for both teams.
pop has a proud record of turning even scrubs into contributing members on his squad, not to say Irving who's such a HUGE prospect. spurs would need to make adjustments and it would take quite some time, but the team would come back much stronger than they currently are once Irving finds his niche on this team.

tony parker isn't that great and the spurs are not the favorite to win the title this year either. they might have a slim chance to win the title this year or next, but the team will start rebuilding once tim and manu leave, and tony's contract will then turn a burden for the rebuilding team. it's like you trade one year's championship chance for the possibility of making another decade-long dynasty, low risk - high reward investment imho

Suspect
02-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Comparing tony to this young dude who had a bad night. Spursfan will take whatever they can get since they arent winning championships anymore with a "championship calibur" team

Cry Havoc
02-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Comparing tony to this young dude who had a bad night. Spursfan will take whatever they can get since they arent winning championships anymore with a "championship calibur" team

lol Rockets

lol 8th seed

lol see you in April.

Suspect
02-14-2013, 12:37 PM
lol Rockets

lol 8th seed

lol see you in April.

Would be funny if we hyped our team/players up to something they werent like you guys do...but we don't.

Lol #1 seed but gonna lose in playoffs again (probably 1st round again)

spurraider21
02-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Caliber*
google chrome and Mozilla have auto spell check.

And we aren't comparing one Parker game to Irving. Parker has done this on a nightly basis for 2 seasons now

Suspect
02-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Don't care about spelling when posting from my phone. It didnt auto change so it stays nazi

JoeTait75
02-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Kid had a tough night against a veteran team. It happens.

What pisses me off is that Byron Scott didn't draw up the final play for Dion Waiters. He had the hot hand, he was the #4 overall pick, the Cavaliers aren't making the playoffs anyway- why not give him the opportunity? It wasn't as if Kyrie had anything working anyway.

whitemamba
02-14-2013, 01:00 PM
:lmao this guy's language ^

that made me lolz

jjktkk
02-14-2013, 01:07 PM

What pisses me off is that Byron Scott didn't draw up the final play for Dion Waiters. He had the hot hand, he was the #4 overall pick, the Cavaliers aren't making the playoffs anyway- why not give him the opportunity? It wasn't as if Kyrie had anything working anyway.

I do like the squad that Cleveland has put together Joe. You got a up and coming team.

Brunodf
02-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Would be funny if we hyped our team/players up to something they werent like you guys do...but we don't.

:lol Both times Spurs lost in the 1st round the team wasn't health.
:lolRockets fans think they know something about the playoffs
:lol25 mil for Lin
:lolYao Ming/Tmac
:lolNo D
:lolDumbest coach in the NBA
:lolBack to back 9th seed
:lolHakeem the most overrated player of all time, 2 good seasons and done

Suspect
02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
:lolTmac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceLlz7dOOvY

Brunodf
02-14-2013, 01:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceLlz7dOOvY

Few months later...Spurs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2qkEcoH3c

Rockets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaYTyqWtFw8

Cry Havoc
02-14-2013, 01:53 PM

:lmao

Yeah? I guess that explains why Rocketfan has the worst reputation on Spurstalk? Worse than Lakerfan, worse than Thunderefan, worse than Heatfan.

"We don't hype our team up" on a team consisting of the asian sensation and zz top. :lmao

Suspect
02-14-2013, 02:13 PM
spursfan starts posting videos that has nothing to do with rockets and then another that has nothing to do with spurs lol
Cry Havoc- what? lol we dont hype our team/players up to something that they arent. period.

Cry Havoc
02-14-2013, 02:30 PM
spursfan starts posting videos that has nothing to do with rockets and then another that has nothing to do with spurs lol
Cry Havoc- what? lol we dont hype our team/players up to something that they arent. period.

Are you really that ignorant of your fanbase?

Arcadian
02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Parker takes a hot shit all over Irving. Fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.

Ellsworth
02-14-2013, 04:35 PM

Good take... I'd feel the same if I was a Cavaliers' fan (same as for SJax against the Pistons... should have been smarter on offense & pass the ball to the hotter shooter(s), DGreen..., instead he jacked up shot after shot with little success & knowing the team was playing catchup (considering his finger/hand isn't 100% as well <sigh>).

DMC
02-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Spurs still needed a miracle 3 to win against the Cavs. It's not bragging material to say you shut down a star player but the rest of the team dismantled you. You're playing a team game after all. Same people who highlight this shit will downplay Kobe's stat line as not being relevant to team success.

Kidd K
02-14-2013, 07:27 PM
pop has a proud record of turning even scrubs into contributing members on his squad, not to say Irving who's such a HUGE prospect. spurs would need to make adjustments and it would take quite some time, but the team would come back much stronger than they currently are once Irving finds his niche on this team.

tony parker isn't that great and the spurs are not the favorite to win the title this year either. they might have a slim chance to win the title this year or next, but the team will start rebuilding once tim and manu leave, and tony's contract will then turn a burden for the rebuilding team. it's like you trade one year's championship chance for the possibility of making another decade-long dynasty, low risk - high reward investment imho

I don't think Pop couldn't turn Irving into a star PG. . .Irving's going to be a star PG anyway. The point is, that's going to take time. The Spurs can win now with Parker. They'd be throwing away several positives Parker gives them for basically nothing better except 3pt shooting which they already have plenty of. . .all for an uncertain future that doesn't include Tim Duncan or Manu Ginobili. It's a terrible idea.

If you think Parker "isn't that great", you have no eye for talent at all. Parker is a top 5 PG, and I'm not even going to debate how good he is since you're apparently too far gone to even talk to about it. I also didn't say the Spurs are "the favorite" to win the title, I said their window to win is still open. I don't really care what you think their chances or anyone else's are, considering I've seen how delusional you are about the Miami Heat's chances.

Tony's contract isn't a "burden" since he isn't getting anywhere near a max deal. He's only getting 12.5m a year for two more years, which is extremely reasonable for what he's bringing to the table for this year and the next two. He should be getting around 16m, so he's playing at a significant discount. Irving is not a Dynasty player either. Tim Duncan is. And he'll be gone or diminished and leaving by time Irving becomes even as good as Parker is now..

You're wrong on every point here.

Thebesteva
02-14-2013, 07:31 PM
This reminds me of a thread 3 years ago when Laker fans were laughing at how Kobe would kill Durant during match ups. Kyrie is going to toy Tony Parker in 3 more years TBH.

racm
02-14-2013, 07:34 PM

Especially since he realized that neither Neal or Green would prevent him from driving to the hoop. Parker could contain Irving but the Spurs' 2-guards (especially since Manu wasn't in the 2nd half at all) couldn't contain Waiters from slashing.

The Wade comparisons are apt; just wait until Cleveland gets whistles.

Latarian Milton
02-14-2013, 08:18 PM
I don't think Pop couldn't turn Irving into a star PG. . .Irving's going to be a star PG anyway. The point is, that's going to take time. The Spurs can win now with Parker. They'd be throwing away several positives Parker gives them for basically nothing better except 3pt shooting which they already have plenty of. . .all for an uncertain future that doesn't include Tim Duncan or Manu Ginobili. It's a terrible idea.

If you think Parker "isn't that great", you have no eye for talent at all. Parker is a top 5 PG, and I'm not even going to debate how good he is since you're apparently too far gone to even talk to about it. I also didn't say the Spurs are "the favorite" to win the title, I said their window to win is still open. I don't really care what you think their chances or anyone else's are, considering I've seen how delusional you are about the Miami Heat's chances.

Tony's contract isn't a "burden" since he isn't getting anywhere near a max deal. He's only getting 12.5m a year for two more years, which is extremely reasonable for what he's bringing to the table for this year and the next two. He should be getting around 16m, so he's playing at a significant discount. Irving is not a Dynasty player either. Tim Duncan is. And he'll be gone or diminished and leaving by time Irving becomes even as good as Parker is now..

You're wrong on every point here.
spurs window is this year or next and even though they will have a chance to cause the upset, the likelihood isn't very big barring key injuries. tim and manu will be leaving this team soon and i just hope you can face the cruel fact with straight eyes.

tony is probably a top5 PG in the league today but that doesn't say much when there ain't many PGs who're really playing in their best forms, and you won't build a championship contender around a PG, not to say tony will be well into his 30s by the time the spurs start rebuilding.

Irving would give you a real franchise player who can be the center piece of a new dynasty, and his ceiling is in the sky. those who believe a parker-irving swap will hurt this team are basically the same ones who think david Lee < diaw tbh

Kidd K
02-14-2013, 11:32 PM
spurs window is this year or next and even though they will have a chance to cause the upset, the likelihood isn't very big barring key injuries. tim and manu will be leaving this team soon and i just hope you can face the cruel fact with straight eyes.

tony is probably a top5 PG in the league today but that doesn't say much when there ain't many PGs who're really playing in their best forms, and you won't build a championship contender around a PG, not to say tony will be well into his 30s by the time the spurs start rebuilding.

Irving would give you a real franchise player who can be the center piece of a new dynasty, and his ceiling is in the sky. those who believe a parker-irving swap will hurt this team are basically the same ones who think david Lee < diaw tbh

I already know they'll be leaving in a few years. Hence why it's a waste to throw away chances at a title now for an even worse possibility of winning in the future. Spurs are the #1 seed again, not some shitty scrub team that needs to blow up and rebuild. No matter how much you refuse to admit it (whether you're doing so out of ignorance, arrogance, or just to be a troll) the Spurs are a contender, and they're not a "slim to none" contender either. They have as good a chance as any in the west. If you don't think so, then you don't know basketball.

Parker would be a top 5 even if every other PG was healthy. Instead of #3 or 4 he's be 4 or 5 if every other PG was healthy. The only PG who's out that's better is Rose. So Parker drops 1 spot, which doesn't matter. Still impressive, since PG is the most stacked position in the league. Even more impressive, Parker usually outplays Paul and Westbrook when they match up.

Also, if you "don't build a contender around a PG", why are you insisting they trade Parker and build around Irving as a centerpiece? -_- He's a PG too. You're just contradicting yourself now. Flip flopping all over the place. Embarrassing. I also don't think Diaw is better than Lee, nor have I ever. You can strawman argue all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong about everything and are now contradicting yourself.

DMC
02-15-2013, 12:51 AM
This reminds me of a thread 3 years ago when Laker fans were laughing at how Kobe would kill Durant during match ups. Kyrie is going to toy Tony Parker in 3 more years TBH.

Who gives a fuck, you'll be a Clippers or Heat fan by then.

Thebesteva
02-15-2013, 12:52 AM
Who gives a fuck, you'll be a Clippers or Heat fan by then.

Do you even lift phaggot?

Latarian Milton
02-18-2013, 12:43 AM
for what i saw from the game tonight, Irving will probably blossom faster if he starts to train as a SG, and he's not like CP3 or TP who're stuck at the PG position due to their sizes. nigga's a head well taller than the likes of CP and he's a shooting oriented guard. he vs. paul was in fact a mismatch where the other guy was shorter yet quicker than him, and it was not his fault to turn the ball over twice when the phillibeaner had forgotten him and left him playing in there for 25 straight minutes already. it's definitely gonna take some time for him to learn and fit into a new system like the spurs, but if you still insist he's not as good as the french cuck, you're just fooling yourself tbh

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2013, 12:47 AM
for what i saw from the game tonight, Irving will probably blossom faster if he starts to train as a SG, and he's not like CP3 or TP who're stuck at the PG position due to their sizes. nigga's a head well taller than the likes of CP and he's a shooting oriented guard. he vs. paul was in fact a mismatch where the other guy was shorter yet quicker than him, and it was not his fault to turn the ball over twice when the phillibeaner had forgotten him and left him playing in there for 25 straight minutes already. it's definitely gonna take some time for him to learn and fit into a new system like the spurs, but if you still insist he's not as good as the french cuck, you're just fooling yourself tbh

gettin excited in a meaningless game, cmon man...dont be like those kobefans gettin excited on a block ina meaningless game